CAGcast #252: You Say Magazine, I Say Clip

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Viper139

Viper139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:05 AM

Great podcast, Just like to say that the ghost feature from Driver was in battlefield 2:Modern Combat for ps2 and xbox.
Posted Image Check out my blogs :D

#32 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Looking at his bibliography you'll notice that as time has gone by he's been slowly going nuts.

I disagree completely. It hasn't been slow at all. /rimshot

Edited by bickle, 12 September 2011 - 03:45 AM.

#33 Just2Dirty

Just2Dirty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

Awesome podcast.... randomly ran into this today after being a CaG for over 2 years.

Happy Bday D1 from D2 :) p.s def subscribing to your future eps.

#34 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

Cheapy, There is a sort of compass thing in the bottom left of the screen in ACR. It shows you if you play more than 1 game. It is included in the tutorial.

Indeed, the compass is only gone in the "Deathmatch" modes. Basically, it removes the compass, but it also lowers, if not removes, the likelihood of clones appearing, removes the Escape/Chase section, and in "Easy Deathmatch," removes the abilities. I guess this is to make it more like Hide and Seek, where your only hint is whether you're in the target's line of sight. The classic "Wanted" mode is still there, with compass and all. It's the second tutorial and it can be selected in Custom Match.

#35 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:20 AM

running and techno = run lola run.

#36 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

I really enjoyed Wombat talking about Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I was going to pass on this game because a prequel just sounded lame. But hearing Wombat talk about different augments made me remember all the cool little things you could do in the previous games, and play the game your way.

The show really works well when you guys discuss games you enjoy, and why you enjoy them. Mentioning every new game that just came out that week doesn't really click. But it's easy to tell when you guys are passionate about a game. Wombat about Oblivion and Fallout 3. Cheapy about Saints Row 2. Shipwreck about Dead or Alive: Paradise.

I foresee and am looking forward to your discussions on Skyrim, Batman, and Mass Effect 3. Like you did with Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2.

#37 drkshr

drkshr

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

Happy birthday Cheapy! And another fun CAGcast. I do enjoy all three of your impressions on new games that are out.

And yeah Assassins Creed, just like Madden has been cranking out a new one every year. Assassins Creed 2012.

#38 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

Wombat....One of the reasons why Entertainment Weekly considers the DC reboot ongoing 'news' is likely due to the fact that EW and DC are owned by the same company, Time Warner.

#39 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

Now that there are good games finally coming out I am happy to hear all three of your impressions.

@Wombat: I love Deus Ex. I have a sealed box copy of the original pc game. But I agree, the inventory sucks. I spent all of my first points on inventory. Honestly, I don't much care for many of the skills. I suggest boosting jump, fall, and wall break so that you can explore the environment fully. Wall break lets you go through certain walls, not punch enemies robocop style. It doesn't explain it well.

@Ship: I think you did a really good job talking about Cabella, a game that will probably be stupid. You handled it with finesse. In the end it is quite flattering that they'd drive that promo van to Ohio. You've handled discussing shitty games pretty well in the past without trashing them.

#40 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Cheapy, playing on Easy is fine if you just wanna enjoy the story. I had no real issues with Normal until I met the first boss but even on Normal, they weren't too hard. I played stealth most of the way. It's quite tense and a lot of fun. But play however you want for maximum enjoyment. You're all pretty early. I beat it in a few days, marathon!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#41 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

I think Shipwreck accidentally let slip the name of the next game in the Mortal Kombat franchise. Kabal's Big Game Hunter.

#42 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

Here's the easy way to beat the first Deus Ex boss straight from the Future Press guide:

Throw grenades at his feet to stun him as Wombat suggested, but then follow up by throwing the items in the room that can explode at him, and in some instances, shoot them so they explode on him. The red, explosive barrel in the back of the room takes off about 50-75% of his health by itself.

The funny moment was I had him nearly dead apparently and I was nearly dead also and he accidentally shot the fire extinguisher near him trying to shoot me and that was enough damage to kill him.

And Wombat, I figured you'd loved the inventory system since it was from RE 4. :)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#43 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Shipwreck is going to be wrong about the 3DS this holiday.

I think the showing of the slide pad for the 3DS will hinder it's sales. I think there will be too much speculation on a possible redesign of the hardware and a lot of folks will wait and see if that happens.

It will be interesting to see if this does affect the sales, or if the sales to the uninformed masses will make up for it.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#44 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Cheapy,
The compass is still there in AC: Revelations MP in the regular modes like Wanted, Manhunt, etc.. The compass is only gone in the deathmatch mode.

42869.png