Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide - $23.52 at Amazon [updated]

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#1 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Update: It's now been lowered to $23.52!

Normally I'd wait till these CE guides dropped a little more, but I'm not sure if that will happen with the Skyrim guide. It comes with some nice extras and from the description it should be a really nice looking book. The book is massive as you'd expect, with 656 pages. As others have pointed out below this guide is written by the same person who did the Fallout 3 GOTY one, so it should be quite good.

LINK

Posted Image

Product Description

FREE ACCESS to the interactive world map– Code inside

The interactive world map includes over 150 location maps covering all 9 Hold cities. Each map shows the locations of every vendor, trainer, skill book, NPC, and unique item in the realm. You can toggle points of interest on and off and zoom in and out.

-Large map Poster inside-

Labeled with important locations, major roads, and hold capitals

-A Champion for Skyrim-

Multiple character builds based on hundreds of hours of playtesting reveal exactly what Skills, Perks, equipment, and other items to pick, and how to advance through the game, no matter the type of character you want to be.

-All Collectibles Gathered-
If you’re searching Skyrim for Skill Books, Unique Items and Weapons, every single Shout, Dragon Priest Masks, Treasure Maps, Unusual Gems, or even Captured Critters, we show you where every rare item is.

-The Atlas of Skyrim-
A comprehensive tour of every single location, from the vast Hold Cities to the smallest woodland den. Every major exploration point receives a walkthrough flagging important items, with detailed maps throughout.

-Prowess in Combat-
Every weapon, piece of equipment, and spell is detailed so you know which blade, bow, or incantation to crush your enemies with. Every type of combat is tactically analyzed, so you can better any foe in battle.

-Trainers and Traders-
Skyrim is full of merchants to barter with, and trainers to further increase your Skill, Crafting, and Bartering proficiencies. Every alchemist, blacksmith, innkeeper, trainer, Khajiit caravan, and other vendor revealed.

-Followers and Friends-
Build your friendships across Skyrim and locate every Follower with information inside this guide. Become a Thane. Own property. Marry your favorite Housecarl. Details inside.

-Massive and Complete Index-

Edited by ssjmichael, 25 October 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#2 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

I could easily see this being worth twice as much on the open market in a few months
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#3 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

I was starting to wonder if they were going to do a CE guide for Skyrim, since they didn't do one for Oblivion.

Nice find.

#4 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

Thanks. I ordered a copy. Don't see it as worth the extra cost over the regular paperback guide, but eh. I'll cancel later depending how strongly I feel.

#5 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Thanks. I ordered a copy. Don't see it as worth the extra cost over the regular paperback guide, but eh. I'll cancel later depending how strongly I feel.

There have been a few CE and non-CE guides that have gone up in value after they were released, such as:

Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
ES4: Oblivion GOTY Edition (non-CE)

I could see the value on this one going up a while after release, especially if the print run is low.

#6 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for the heads up OP. In for one. Hope the price drops <$20 before it ships out.

I noticed in the description: "Free access to Prima's digital Skyrim map tool (a $15 value!). Featuring interactive, fully-searchable maps of Skyrim and all major locations so you can instantly find what you're looking for!" Sounds cool. I'm thinking I can access this on my HP TP next to me as I'm playing the game.

#7 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

Thanks OP! I have gotten back into strategy guides recently, not really sure why but a few of the nice CE ones have been appealing to me recently. All of the info is of course Online but there is just something cool about a huge guide like this.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 foreverjoe20

foreverjoe20

DarkMagician

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

No way! Just this morning I just looking for Skyrim guides, especially at the Collector's Edition guide. Then like 5 minutes later, this post is up.

You read my mind!

Anyways, went ahead and pre-ordered. Normally I wait a couple of weeks/months and then I buy the guide, but I agree with the rest of y'all...this guide is gonna go up in price.

Might as well get it now for $26 (w/ Prime shipping).

Thanks!

#9 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:51 PM

I noticed in the description: "Free access to Prima's digital Skyrim map tool (a $15 value!). Featuring interactive, fully-searchable maps of Skyrim and all major locations so you can instantly find what you're looking for!" Sounds cool. I'm thinking I can access this on my HP TP next to me as I'm playing the game.

This.

can't wait for november.

#10 ryemm

ryemm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:04 PM

Thanks, OP. I pre-ordered one. The paperback is also on sale for $17.18, down from $26.99, but the hardcover with the bonuses for only $9.00 more seems like the way to go.

#11 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Thanks OP. Snagged 1. Might actually snag a 2nd one too. :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#12 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Thanks OP. Wasn't even thinking about picking up any guide, but this looks too nice to pass up. In for one.

#13 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Preordered. I had done the same for the paperback guide a few months back when it was $16.99, but since I was curious about a potential CE, I emailed Prima, and about a week later, I got the succinct response:

"Thank you for your interest. We will be releasing a Collector's Edition for Skyrim."

Needless to say, I canceled the preorder for the paperback and once the CE showed up on Amazon, I hesitated because I wasn't sure if the hardcover and couple of extras justified the heftier price tag. Based on all of your responses, however, I decided to go ahead and bite. :D

I really am very excited for this guide--the Fallout 3 GotY hardcover guide is among my most favorite guides, and this one is written by the same author (David Hodgson).

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#14 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

This will be my 2nd strategy guide ever. First being the strategy guide for Star Wars Jedi Outcast in 2002.

no picture yet though.. shame

#15 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Preordered. I had done the same for the paperback guide a few months back when it was $16.99, but since I was curious about a potential CE, I emailed Prima, and about a week later, I got the succinct response:

"Thank you for your interest. We will be releasing a Collector's Edition for Skyrim."

Needless to say, I canceled the preorder for the paperback and once the CE showed up on Amazon, I hesitated because I wasn't sure if the hardcover and couple of extras justified the heftier price tag. Based on all of your responses, however, I decided to go ahead and bite. :D

I really am very excited for this guide--the Fallout 3 GotY hardcover guide is among my most favorite guides, and this one is written by the same author (David Hodgson).

I was a little concerned about the guide since some of them I've picked up were poorly written, etc. Your note about the Fallout 3 GOTY and the author make me feel a bit better about the purchase. Thanks.

#16 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

I didn't know about this. This is really good to know. I thoroughly enjoyed the F3 GOTY CE guide. Now this makes me more excited about this guide! :bouncy:

#17 Joker2007

Joker2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I also grabbed one. I can always cancel later since it does not come out for a while.

#18 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

Thanks OP, I preordered one. I could always cancel it later if I change my mind but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.
Posted Image

#19 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

I had to do it. I've missed out on too many CE. Thanks OP

#20 XenoNinjaX

XenoNinjaX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

Looks nice and all, but skyrim goty guide will make this guide worthless

#21 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

I have been keeping an eye out for this to pop up for most of the year. Thanks, OP. In for one.

I don't typically have much use for guides, but have been collecting hardcover guides for games I like regardless. This might be an exception, however. Having the same author as my Fallout 3 GotY guide helps as well, as it was really well done.
Posted Image

#22 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

ordered. I am spending so much on this game. lol...

#23 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

You've got a point but I think all of the CAGs ordering this guide right now are Elder Scroll fans that want to enjoy the game when it's released and not wait for a year for the GOTY to come out.

#24 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

That assumes we'll be getting a Skyrim GOTY at some point, and if we do, that's at least a year or more away.

#25 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Thanks for helping me spend money OP. Ordered.

#26 argyle

argyle

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

I need this. Thanks op! :)
Posted Image

#27 highwaypatrolman

highwaypatrolman

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Wish there was an option for release date delivery. For Oblivion, I used the guide to help me create my character. Ordered anyway. Thanks, OP!
Posted Image

#28 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Almost 600 pages?! Nice!! -- Although I'm hoping to get near 100% without a guide... it'd still be pretty great to get.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#29 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Great item--with the bonuses, it feels like a no-brainer for fans of the series. Pre-ordered!

#30 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Man this is tempting but I don't buy strat guides anymore. Since the advent of the internet these have really become collectibles only. I stopped using them for years before I stopped buying them because I refused to let them go. I litereally have a huge bookshelf full of them with more stacked on top of it. They seem to be a waste of space but I just can't get rid of them.

I would really like to get this one though but $15 is my limit for a guide ($20 for a limited hardcover) and I have no idea when they started shooting up beyond that price but it definitely makes it easier to pass when I don't really need it.

That being said I may cave anyway at some point...