Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide - $23.52 at Amazon [updated]

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#811 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

I just ordered this for $26.39. The site says that they'll be in stock on November 25 and I have an estimated release date of November 30.

#812 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Fuck. Went to check out and its gone. son of a bitch. Maybe should not have sold all mine?

#813 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

I just ordered this for $26.39. The site says that they'll be in stock on November 25 and I have an estimated release date of November 30.

Think there were only a few

#814 thebocop

thebocop

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

U got the last one ...literally took it from my cart ...thanks a lot

#815 davidwhangchoi

davidwhangchoi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

yep, the same. NOV 30th. i ordered w/ prime 2 day shipping. amazon usually over estimates a few days so they don't get angry customers.

but if it's in stock nov 23 it'll ship out and hopefully make it before thanksgiving otherwise i'll just have to play my character's name prisoner till it comes in

update amazon moved order up to nov 23rd for those who had shipping dates for nov 30th

#816 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Wow, glad I stumbled onto it this morning on Amazon, I was a little sad that I was going to miss out and now I wont.

For everyone else just keep looking at Amazon and I'll post if I see it come back

#817 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

This is why I just went to Bestbuy and picked up a copy. Seems silly to keep chasing Amazon down in hopes more will show up. And then the Dates keep changing on the site as well. Fuck all that.

#818 dxology

dxology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

My copy i ordered from amazon on thursday shipped today should get it on wednsday. Gotta return my regular copy now, I haven't even opened the box it came in yet.

#819 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shipped today here by the 23rd...

#820 grimhope

grimhope

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Just to let everyone know: I received my overstock.com order yesterday. So I guess that on top of screwing the majority of you, they also straight up lied about not getting the book in. They sent me mine so they must have got SOME in.

#821 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

Just to let everyone know: I received my overstock.com order yesterday. So I guess that on top of screwing the majority of you, they also straight up lied about not getting the book in. They sent me mine so they must have got SOME in.

isnt it ironic that a company called "overstock" had to cancel a bunch of orders because they didnt have ENOUGH stock smh

#822 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

isnt it ironic that a company called "overstock" had to cancel a bunch of orders because they didnt have ENOUGH stock smh

"Overstock.com initially sold surplus and returned merchandise on an online E-commerce marketplace, liquidating the inventories of at least 18 failed dot-com companies at below-wholesale prices. In recent years it has expanded to sell new merchandise, as well

The business is being rebranded in early 2011 as "O.co" to simplify and unify its international operations"

;)

#823 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:34 PM

So, how is the guide overall?

I ordered one for full price from Best Buy in-store pickup (since I never got my 50% off GZ coupon and after 2 hours on the phone with 4 different departments), but $40 is pretty steep for a guide IMO. I got one just due to the fact that it is sold out practically everywhere. It seems locally only some Best Buys and Gamestops have them, and I'd rather give my cash to BB than GS.

If it's anything like the Fallout 3 Collector's Edition Prima guide I should love it.
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#824 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:43 AM

I think $40 is well worth it for a couple different reasons. One is to avoid all the hassle of trying to find one on line for less. The second is if you are truly a collector, then the price is irrelevant. I'm somewhat new to this kind of game play, but I have really been enjoying Skyrim. I don't understand a lot of the game, so that is why I bought the guide. Plus it looks good with the rest of my CE guides :)

#825 rhettdb2005

rhettdb2005

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

Able to order again on amazon. Just got in an order for 26 something.

EDIT: Estimated ship date is listed as November 26.

#826 BadBoy787512

BadBoy787512

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:59 AM

Able to order again on amazon. Just got in an order for 26 something.

Had auto-refresh on for the last couple of hours...looks like you took the only one...

#827 rhettdb2005

rhettdb2005

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:04 AM

Price was $26.39. Sorry it was a one-off thing folks, but I think it seems to randomly get in stock. Note that when available from amazon it shows as "available from these sources for XX.XX", not directly on the main page in the way a normal 'in stock' item would display. Hopefully that makes sense. Best of luck all

#828 joeshmoe

joeshmoe

Follow your nose!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:12 AM

Best guide I've ever gotten. $24 was a steal for this encyclopedia of Skyrim info. When I got it in a friend thought it was a biology book, he was like "what the shit" when I told him it was a guide for Skyrim.

#829 McNutsack

McNutsack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

Wow, I'm late to this topic...
Soo, whats our best bet to obtain this massive beauty?

My GF was hunting for a guide lastnight and we couldnt find it in our area. Gamestop said they had "2 coming in next week", the regular edition...lol TWO?! What kind of useless order is that?

If I could surprise my GF with the limited edition one, that'd be awesome.
Is Best Buy the best bet in terms of B&M store?
And is Amazon the only online retailer that keeps getting some in stock at a great price?

#830 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

Wow, I'm late to this topic...
Soo, whats our best bet to obtain this massive beauty?

My GF was hunting for a guide lastnight and we couldnt find it in our area. Gamestop said they had "2 coming in next week", the regular edition...lol TWO?! What kind of useless order is that?

If I could surprise my GF with the limited edition one, that'd be awesome.
Is Best Buy the best bet in terms of B&M store?
And is Amazon the only online retailer that keeps getting some in stock at a great price?

Give this a shot: http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode
Posted Image

#831 McNutsack

McNutsack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

Give this a shot: http://www.bestbuy.c...Mode=searchmode

Hmm, closest store with it in stock is 18 minutes away...Not too shabby, but I'd hate to get there and them be gone. Guess I'll call and see if they have quite a few, or can hold one? (some stores allow that, not sure if BB does)

I see every store has a ship to store option. You think that's a reliable route to go? I'd hate to get a confirmation email and then a week later get a "We're sorry, but..." email :D

#832 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hmm, closest store with it in stock is 18 minutes away...Not too shabby, but I'd hate to get there and them be gone. Guess I'll call and see if they have quite a few, or can hold one? (some stores allow that, not sure if BB does)

I see every store has a ship to store option. You think that's a reliable route to go? I'd hate to get a confirmation email and then a week later get a "We're sorry, but..." email :D

yeah BB will hold items for you, give them a call

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#833 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

FWIW I will also chime in and say that it's a well written book with a vast amount of information. I paid $23 but I would say it is worth it even at $40, though the prices people are charging on eBay are going overboard.

I'm usually not a big strategy guide person due to not wanting to get spoiled but this has a lot of reference material that is really helpful, particularly since the game manual is so sparse. For most games that isn't such a big deal but there's a vast amount of content in this game.

Though I imagine most of the information in it will make its way online at some point, the game doesn't do too well with alt tabbing and it's just easier to have a physical book with all the information in one place to refer to.

With a book of this size and as much usage as its getting I also am glad I got the hardback version as it will stay nice and not get all beat up.

I'm usually not someone who buys strategy guides but I honestly do think this one is worth it.

#834 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

FWIW I will also chime in and say that it's a well written book with a vast amount of information. I paid $23 but I would say it is worth it even at $40, though the prices people are charging on eBay are going overboard.

I'm usually not a big strategy guide person due to not wanting to get spoiled but this has a lot of reference material that is really helpful, particularly since the game manual is so sparse. For most games that isn't such a big deal but there's a vast amount of content in this game.

Though I imagine most of the information in it will make its way online at some point, the game doesn't do too well with alt tabbing and it's just easier to have a physical book with all the information in one place to refer to.

With a book of this size and as much usage as its getting I also am glad I got the hardback version as it will stay nice and not get all beat up.

I'm usually not someone who buys strategy guides but I honestly do think this one is worth it.

Yes DO NOT buy it on ebay. Im selling two that are going 10$ over MSRP with calculated shipping. BB still has it instock online and u can get one for msrp from random houses website. for one im happy for the idiots who dont take the 10sec to type it into google and bid on my stuff.
Posted Image

#835 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Im probably going to just wait and see if it goes back in to amazon, or just wait for a GOTY version. I'm in no rush to get the game and this is probably one of those that will get a GOTY compilation.

#836 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

I got the copy I ordered for my brother yesterday. I am most impressed by it, kind of wish I got a copy for myself. As far as the condition in which it arrive in. There was a dent on one of the corner of the spine, but other than that it's perfect. Which is surprising since it was just thrown in a box and shipped. No shrinked wrapped to cardboard, no padding what so ever. I've been noticing this trend from the last couple of my shipments from Amazon. I'm not liking it.

#837 KidSqueek

KidSqueek

Hero of Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

Mine shipped yesterday from Amazon!!! Estimate delivery is Tuesday Nov 22. Hopefully its in good condition.

#838 CowntChocula

CowntChocula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

Got a shopping confirmation from Amazon as well with a delivery date of 11/22. FYI I was one of those that got the "expected delivery 12/21 email last week.

#839 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

Random house and Best Buy are now both sold out.

#840 vherub

vherub

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

First print run was about 90,000. Since it was printed in the US, they could probably turn a reprint around 2-3 weeks.
Would imagine Prima/Random House does go back to press, but if they do not, this will become very difficult to find.