Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide - $23.52 at Amazon [updated]

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#841 middydj

middydj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

First print run was about 90,000. Since it was printed in the US, they could probably turn a reprint around 2-3 weeks.
Would imagine Prima/Random House does go back to press, but if they do not, this will become very difficult to find.

Interesting. Getting tough to find indeed.

#842 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Got mine from bn.com. I'll open it when I beat the game.

#843 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

got my amazon order today, you guys werent kidding about this thing being a txtbook

#844 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:01 AM

First print run was about 90,000. Since it was printed in the US, they could probably turn a reprint around 2-3 weeks.
Would imagine Prima/Random House does go back to press, but if they do not, this will become very difficult to find.

where'd you get this number? I really hope there aren't any reprints 8-). Also has there ever been two collector's/lmited edition guides for a game?

There will most likely be a goty-type version of Skyrim with all the dlc later on but what about a guide? I know Borderlands had a normal guide then GOTY; same with RDR.

#845 247

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

where'd you get this number? I really hope there aren't any reprints 8-). Also has there ever been two collector's/lmited edition guides for a game?

There will most likely be a goty-type version of Skyrim with all the dlc later on but what about a guide? I know Borderlands had a normal guide then GOTY; same with RDR.

Their was Fallout 3 GOTY collectors edition guide, so probably yes.

#846 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

Their was Fallout 3 GOTY collectors edition guide, so probably yes.

what about before FO3 goty?

#847 247

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:37 AM

what about before FO3 goty?

They also had a Limited Edition for the original FO3 release. I also checked on eBay and the non GOTY prices are way lower than the GOTY LE guide. But I don't know if they did a reprint on the original LE guide

#848 baz8771

baz8771

Don't CML

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

I opened mine and used the code and ripped the map out. I'm on my second play through and this thing is absolutely amazing. I was just wondering "hey, where the hell can I get ebony ore? I really want to make some ebony armor" and in the index there was three different mentionings of ebony ore, and each one guided me to the stuff I needed.

If you're on the fence, don't worry about the money. Its not money in your pocket, just open it and enjoy it.

#849 dxology

dxology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

Got my copy from amazon today. Very impressed, glad I was able to get it.

#850 no_exit

no_exit

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:37 AM

Ended up getting a free copy from Best Buy due to in-store pickup incompetence.

They sent an email stating that it was ready to pickup. When I got there, they did not have it available but the dude had already run the transaction through the register. First he offered me the regular version for the price of the CE. I said that wasn't good enough. Then he wrote on the receipt that it was not yet picked up and they would call me if they got any more in. That wasn't gonna fly but I had spent way too much time in the store already or I would have bitched to the manager.

Later that day I called bby.com customer service and told them about the in-store incompetence. The csr was very understanding and not only refunded me the charge but shipped me a copy for free.

#851 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

Mine was pushed back to Nov 29th from Amazon
I have a feeling I'm not getting it now

#852 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

Just got this at BestBuy.com for 33.99. I chose check local stores and one had it. You can add any game or DLC to save 15% off the guide.

#853 BadBoy787512

BadBoy787512

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

Mine was pushed back to Nov 29th from Amazon
I have a feeling I'm not getting it now

And why do you feel like yours will be cancelled? I'd finally gotten an order in at the $26.xx price-point on 11/19/11, and after first getting an initial ship date of December-something...the next day mine also said that it'd be delivered on November 29th. I think we'll be aite.

#854 rhettdb2005

rhettdb2005

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:37 PM

My ship date was just pushed to Dec 19 (originally Nov 28). Fingers crossed we don't get cancelled.

#855 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

And why do you feel like yours will be cancelled? I'd finally gotten an order in at the $26.xx price-point on 11/19/11, and after first getting an initial ship date of December-something...the next day mine also said that it'd be delivered on November 29th. I think we'll be aite.

Well my ship date was the 23rd and then it was pushed back

I'm afraid they oversold and mine was one of the ones that are pushed back while they try to find more

I hope not but I'm worried

#856 ShadowSx

ShadowSx

Why so serious?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

Maybe they are waiting on a reprint

/fingerscrossed

#857 BadBoy787512

BadBoy787512

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Well guys, guess y'all were right: they ended up f***ing me as well: got the dreaded e-mail from them citing that they will have to push back my order as well. The estimated delivery date is now December 19th...the f***?! Fuckin' Amazon...:censored:

#858 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

Amazon says their "reviewing" the item.
Posted Image

#859 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:36 AM

You guys are still talking about reprints? Where are all the smarty-pants that claimed Amazon already had stock from a reprint or two?

#860 rbanez

rbanez

♔♔

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:20 AM

I got my order not too long ago from the 2nd time amazon got restocked of this item. I dont know why exactly why it is under review. It could be the packaging of the item, my copy has its edges got a bit messed up, it was just boxed with no extra padding on the side that avoids the book from moving around while in the box.

Also the way the book's pages was bonded to the spine of the Hard cover was not centered properly. The papers bottom is at the same level as the hard covers bottom side. So it has this huge allowance on the top side(nothing on the bottom) that always annoys the crap out of me whenever i open the book. Not like my Uncharted 3 CE guide where the pages are perfectly bonded on the center of the spine. Despite that im not planning to return the book.

#861 Ilovecereal

Ilovecereal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

Just thought i'd throw this into the mix, its not collectors guide but im sure some can cope with the 650 page standard guide for 11$ http://www.amazon.co..._cp_ob__title_1

#862 enemyofusall

enemyofusall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

If anyone is still looking for a CE check your best buys, there was a stack of about 7 or 8 at mine in some random video game isle, I think the wii section haha.

gallery_474050_8161_61772.jpg

#863 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Just want to give a heads up that Walmart.com has the CE in stock at $39.96 + tax and shipping it you don't use pick up or site to store. I know it's not much of a deal but it's better then eBay prices.

#864 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:15 AM

OOS @ Walmart when you get to final checkout.

#865 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

Completely missed this Amazon deal due to being unsure if I was going to pick up Skyrim. I broke down and bought it and cannot put it down. Wish I could have gotten on this deal for the Collectors Edition game guide.

For those who have not been able to pick it up, Meijer is currently showing it in stock ($39.99) at http://www.meijer.co...1&cmpid=goobase. You can use the Promo Code SHIPSFREE for free ground shipping. I've never dealt with Meijer before, so I am not sure of their online stocking reliability.

I went ahead and ordered it, but hope to make it to a local Wal-Mart today that says it has limited stock. I certainly do not want to pay Ebay prices for this guide, but I want it sooooo bad :)

If anyone is still looking for a CE check your best buys, there was a stack of about 7 or 8 at mine in some random video game isle, I think the wii section haha.

Does Best Buy's stock tracker show these in stock at your store? There is not a single store within 100 miles that shows them in stock for me. I have Reward Zone cards that I would love to use if they had them.

#866 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

Sadly, I just had to have this guide. Picked it up nearly 2 weeks ago from Bestbuy, and it's still laying on the shelf unopened :( Hopefully I can find the time one day to actually play the game again and make use of the guide.

#867 linuskinrak

linuskinrak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Completely missed this Amazon deal due to being unsure if I was going to pick up Skyrim. I broke down and bought it and cannot put it down. Wish I could have gotten on this deal for the Collectors Edition game guide.

For those who have not been able to pick it up, Meijer is currently showing it in stock ($39.99) at http://www.meijer.co...1&cmpid=goobase. You can use the Promo Code SHIPSFREE for free ground shipping. I've never dealt with Meijer before, so I am not sure of their online stocking reliability.

Thank you so much for the meijer link. I just ordered one since its sold out everywhere where I live. I hope you have a better luck at Wal Mart than I did, I went to one that had limited stock and left empty handed.

#868 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Just thought i'd throw this into the mix, its not collectors guide but im sure some can cope with the 650 page standard guide for 11$ http://www.amazon.co..._cp_ob__title_1

Thanks for the heads up on this. It shows temporarily out of stock on Amazon, but with a price like this I had to put an order in since I cannot find it anywhere around me, locally, and I couldn't pass this price up. Besides, I kind of stopped playing Skyrim until I do get the guide, so I can wait until Amazon ships mine before I start Skyrim up again...whenever that will be. However, I've got so many other newer games to play in the meantime, so I am good. ;)

#869 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

Well Amazon delayed my guide again and now the page says this

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)
We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

#870 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Thank you so much for the meijer link. I just ordered one since its sold out everywhere where I live. I hope you have a better luck at Wal Mart than I did, I went to one that had limited stock and left empty handed.

Yeah, I'm expecting the same result at Wal-Mart. The store is only about 10 miles from the in-laws which we are visiting today, so no huge deal.

There is also one at a few Gamestops not too far from where I live. I might take a trip if Wal-Mart does not pan out.