Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide - $23.52 at Amazon [updated]

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#61 Solder

Solder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

Developers typically get offers from Guide company (Bradygames and such) for a % of the profits. They're effectively written by the company who produces the game honestly.

#62 Donkey132

Donkey132

OldSchool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:52 AM

As others have said, the writer of this guide has a great track record so I'm buying it.

#63 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

Just placed my order with free 2 day shipping. Probably better than free release date delivery in my opinion. It gives me 2 days to immerse myself in the game and once I start hitting the major stuff, I can use the guide for certain bits.

#64 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

Just placed my order with free 2 day shipping. Probably better than free release date delivery in my opinion. It gives me 2 days to immerse myself in the game and once I start hitting the major stuff, I can use the guide for certain bits.

THere was free release day delivery? Did I miss something...if so I need to go back and edit the shipping.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#65 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

THere was free release day delivery? Did I miss something...if so I need to go back and edit the shipping.

No, sorry. Meant to clarify afterwards but internet dropped. There wasn't free release date delivery available at the moment. I was merely inquiring that even if it did become available, I would still keep it as free 2-day that way it doesn't just sit around.

#66 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:44 AM

related question. I was debating what version of SKyrim to buy.. figured since i disliked Oblivion so much (sorry, Morrowind was SO much better.. way too many features lost, like the abiliity to actually wear clothes under the armor, ect, not to mention the terrible auto leveling enemies did with you), that i would just wait and pick the game up when it drops in price

Unfortunately i noticed pre-orders get a real cloth map with the game. Damnit, they know my weakness for pre-order swag. I saw this thread and was wondering: Does this guide include a cloth map or anything like that? I may not have to worry if it does. I was also wondering if anyone knew if Skyrims actual pre-order copies were all that got the cloth map for the game, or if its just all first print runs. Ala Catherine. The soundtrack/artbook was just packaged with the game, it wasn't an actual pre-order bonus

#67 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

related question. I was debating what version of SKyrim to buy.. figured since i disliked Oblivion so much (sorry, Morrowind was SO much better.. way too many features lost, like the abiliity to actually wear clothes under the armor, ect, not to mention the terrible auto leveling enemies did with you), that i would just wait and pick the game up when it drops in price

Unfortunately i noticed pre-orders get a real cloth map with the game. Damnit, they know my weakness for pre-order swag. I saw this thread and was wondering: Does this guide include a cloth map or anything like that? I may not have to worry if it does. I was also wondering if anyone knew if Skyrims actual pre-order copies were all that got the cloth map for the game, or if its just all first print runs. Ala Catherine. The soundtrack/artbook was just packaged with the game, it wasn't an actual pre-order bonus

Yeah Morrowind was one of my favorite games of all time, and I absolutely despised Oblivion.

#68 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

Yeah Morrowind was one of my favorite games of all time, and I absolutely despised Oblivion.

I think most older fans did. It basically dumbed just about everything down, removed all kinds of features and armor (Seriously.. no clothing? That was a huge part! enchanting undergarments and stuff), ect. But even all that aside, the absolutely idiotic way enemies utterly leveled with you and the leveling system are what killed it big time. There was no point at all in leveling past 4 or so since enemies always just got progressively harder. In fact its possible to beat the game at lvl 2 if you wanted.

Thats one of the reasons i kinda wanted to wait on the game. Im worried its gonna be more like oblivion than like Morrowind. I wonder if guards are going to magically be aware of your crimes like they were in Oblivion.. that really pissed me off

#69 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:55 PM

Really having a hard time pulling the trigger on this one. I like having hardback for volumes like this, but I keep looking at my Oblivion guide and how it's in pristine condition despite heavy use back in the day. That and it's not showing up in quick picks yet for a discount. I suppose if it's still around when I get my GoW3 credit, I'll pick it up.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#70 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

I was also wondering if anyone knew if Skyrims actual pre-order copies were all that got the cloth map for the game, or if its just all first print runs. Ala Catherine. The soundtrack/artbook was just packaged with the game, it wasn't an actual pre-order bonus

It's not limited to first runs, all pre-orders get it if the retailer has it (Newegg doesn't for some reason).

#71 swift fix

swift fix

first person gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

I just pre-ordered my copy. I remember how helpful the Oblivion guide was, so this was a no brainer. Not entirely sure that the CE is worth the additional $9-$10, but I went ahead and got it anyways.

#72 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

I haven't played any of the Elder Scroll series but I pre-ordered Skyrim. You guys think I need this?

#73 henryVIII

henryVIII

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

I haven't played any of the Elder Scroll series but I pre-ordered Skyrim. You guys think I need this?

Do you need it? Probably not. A few weeks after release there will surely be full guides available online. UESP is a wonderful site.

That being said, this game is going to be enormous (as evidenced by the nearly 600-page guide), so if you want to get the full experience of the game, this guide will be worth the money. Also, and this may just be me, I am going to enjoy just reading the guide while not even playing the game.

So while I normally just wait for online guides to be available, this is one of the few games that I think a guide is worth buying for.

#74 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

Do you need it? Probably not. A few weeks after release there will surely be full guides available online. UESP is a wonderful site.

That being said, this game is going to be enormous (as evidenced by the nearly 600-page guide), so if you want to get the full experience of the game, this guide will be worth the money.

I've bought two game guides ever...one for Oblivion and this one here for Skyrim.

Yea I've used online game guide bfore but it's a hassle running back n forth between comp n chair.

#75 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

It's not limited to first runs, all pre-orders get it if the retailer has it (Newegg doesn't for some reason).

maybe my question wasn't clear:
Do all first print copies have the cloth map? Or is it really something you only get if you pre-order?

I.E. With catherine they claimed the soundtrack/artbook was a pre order only item, but you could get them just buying any new copy at Fry's or target or something a few weeks later. It was actually all the games that came with it, not pre-orders

Yea I've used online game guide bfore but it's a hassle running back n forth between comp n chair.

ya..the maps are what will probably really sell it for me. ANd convinent item charts

#76 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

maybe my question wasn't clear:
Do all first print copies have the cloth map? Or is it really something you only get if you pre-order?

I.E. With catherine they claimed the soundtrack/artbook was a pre order only item, but you could get them just buying any new copy at Fry's or target or something a few weeks later. It was actually all the games that came with it, not pre-orders

It's a pre-order bonus exclusive to the game. You pre-order the game, you will get it. It's highly unlikely that it will be available later on.

#77 Outlaw Tracker

Outlaw Tracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

WRONG! Read the details right on the Newegg details page. I quote: "Pre-order Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and get a premium physical map. Bonus item will be packaged inside the game box."
Gesh...
Posted Image

everyone is fighting in the fight night thread :lol:

#78 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

WRONG! Read the details right on the Newegg details page. I quote: "Pre-order Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and get a premium physical map. Bonus item will be packaged inside the game box."
Gesh...

Back when Newegg had Skyrim for a cheaper price, they weren't offering the map. Someone had contacted their CS who said that it wasn't included with a pre-order. Fortunately, that has changed.

#79 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

Picked one up for the sake of collection. Thanks.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#80 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

Dont forget you can ruin your perfectly good guide and cut out the UPC to get the $10 back when you buy Skyrim if you have the 5th anny of oblivion. :facepalm

#81 superman37876

superman37876

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:39 AM

Is the Collector's Guide worth the extra $$$ thinking of getting the guide, but not sure if I should just get the 'regular' copy or upgrade....

#82 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:40 AM

I will wait for the GOTY Collectors Edition guide instead

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#83 melvinmelon123

melvinmelon123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

I will wait for the GOTY Collectors Edition guide instead

I doubt that is going to be made.

#84 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:24 AM

I doubt that is going to be made.

Well they did made one for Fallout 3

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#85 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Well they did made one for Fallout 3

Yet did not for Oblivion GOTY or 5th Anniversary Edition.

#86 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

Price dropped a few pennies and now has cover art. Sexy.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#87 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

It does looks nice! and that is really nice to see grand total is "-0.27" :) so yea it is $0.27 cheaper now!

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#88 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

I agree. That cover art looks nice! :drool:

#89 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Yet did not for Oblivion GOTY or 5th Anniversary Edition.

Actually they did do an Oblivion GOTY guide. I already owned the initial Oblivion guide, so I "upgraded" to the GOTY guide and gave the prior guide to my friend. It's pretty cool to have one guide for the original game, Xbox360 DLC, Knights of the Nine mini-expansion, and Shivering Isles expansion all in one place. (Only thing not covered is the warrior-class-related castle that came out last - and very late.)

Big book!

#90 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

hmmm gonna wait on this til my next paycheck (every two weeks nonsense lol). I think I will buy this. I normally don't buy guides or full priced games, but Skyrim is my most wanted game in years. Anyone know of any preorder deals/offers on Skyrim?