Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition Guide - $23.52 at Amazon [updated]

• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#871 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

do i really want to spend $40 for this guide? Is there any chance of a reprint like the dark souls guide?

#872 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

one of the "far" Best Buys (have to get someone to drive, takes about 30 minutes) had at least 8 on the metal shelves where a bunch of crap gaming stuff is.

#873 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

one of the "far" Best Buys (have to get someone to drive, takes about 30 minutes) had at least 8 on the metal shelves where a bunch of crap gaming stuff is.

Do you know if these showed up with the Check Stores link on the website?

#874 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

For those who have not been able to pick it up, Meijer is currently showing it in stock ($39.99) at http://www.meijer.co...1&cmpid=goobase. You can use the Promo Code SHIPSFREE for free ground shipping. I've never dealt with Meijer before, so I am not sure of their online stocking reliability.

I cannot thank you enough for posting that link. If this order comes in, I am officially forgetting about Jesus Christ and will only go to the Church of Sharpeone.
If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#875 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:56 AM

I cannot thank you enough for posting that link. If this order comes in, I am officially forgetting about Jesus Christ and will only go to the Church of Sharpeone.

At least some good news, I just received a shipping notice from Meijer that the guide has shipped. Good thing, because I had no luck at Wal-Mart today.

Hope you guys were able to get it ordered as it is now out of stock.

#876 Saberj

Saberj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

Just thought i'd throw this into the mix, its not collectors guide but im sure some can cope with the 650 page standard guide for 11$ http://www.amazon.co..._cp_ob__title_1

Lame, I ordered that Guide on Nov 17th for $16.90. It shipped this morning at that price. I sent in a complaint to Amazon, and they basically said that when it shipped, that was the best price available. Luckily, I got a screen cap of the $11.90 price, because it has gone away now.

#877 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

I ordered from Books a Million for $23 right before someone else suggested it in this thread. So I assume I was at the front of the pack when the orders rushed in. I figured it would be cx'd---and it just was. Oh, well. Grabbed the last copy from Best Buy last week. Full price hurts. lol

#878 Weagle

Weagle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Though it is a modest savings, you can save some money at BestBuy.com if you order it with a cheap game, like the Warcraft 14-day trial for $1.99. That is what I did last week before all the Best Buys near me sold out.

#879 apollosrequiem

apollosrequiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

Received my Barnes & Noble order today. Immaculate condition and damn, this thing is hefty. Glad I ordered when I did, only cost me $26.xx total.

#880 JoeCamNet

JoeCamNet

Broke ass loser

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

Meijer dropped the ball. Advertised it as "IN STOCK" and today I got a Backorder Notice email.
Assholes.

Still no clue how to get this book now. I think I'm just gonna give up all hope of paying anywhere close to retail for it.

EDIT: Order is outright cancelled now. No Backorder. I can't stand it when a site will outright lie and claim an item is in stock and then cancel your order days later. Pricks.

Edited by JoeCamNet, 01 December 2011 - 03:16 PM.

If you love video games and if you love music, you NEED to check out
Posted Image
And if you order the CD you can even rub your balls on it!

#881 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Yup, Amazon does not have and will have any in stock so my order was cancelled

Drat

#882 vherub

vherub

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

prima/random house has not reprinted, and appears not to have any plans to reprint the ce guide. They are content to reprint the softcover, which I believe is in a 3rd printing now.
A shame that people that really want the guide will have to pay a reseller premium. Too bad Future Press didn't handle this one.

#883 creech42

creech42

Bad Enough Dude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

Can someone change the title reflect that it's out of stock. Everytime I see this thread I think it might be back in stock.
My trading list
My Collection

#884 brutalny

brutalny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

I would buy the hardcover. If there is only paperback I will just keep with the digital copy. Crazy that they won't sell it.

#885 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Wanted the CE, but got the regular for 12 bucks so I really can't complain.

#886 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

There was a seller on Amazon that had it listed for $40, so I ordered it only to have it canceled later on. I emailed saying there were 4 left in stock when I ordered so please send me one of those. He said they sold out. THE NEXT DAY the same seller has them listed again at $100. There anyway to leave feedback for that?

I used BB in store pickup for mine. So glad they had it.

#887 vherub

vherub

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

There was a seller on Amazon that had it listed for $40, so I ordered it only to have it canceled later on. I emailed saying there were 4 left in stock when I ordered so please send me one of those. He said they sold out. THE NEXT DAY the same seller has them listed again at $100. There anyway to leave feedback for that?

I used BB in store pickup for mine. So glad they had it.

you should be able to leave feedback on cancelled orders, would be available in your order history. Also, report the seller to amazon at this link:
http://www.amazon.co...orts/contact-us

#888 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

Yes, you should be able to so on cancelled orders. Do that please! I hate those sellers cancel on you because they feel like they're under selling, pricks!

As to back orders getting cancelled, freaking hate that too, but there's nothing you can do really. Sometimes you get apology coupons if you're lucky...

#889 Mr Dude65

Mr Dude65

CAG Uber-Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

prima/random house has not reprinted, and appears not to have any plans to reprint the ce guide. They are content to reprint the softcover, which I believe is in a 3rd printing now.
A shame that people that really want the guide will have to pay a reseller premium. Too bad Future Press didn't handle this one.

Why? So that it wouldn't be limited? That's supposed to be the point of a CE/LE/SE. There's only so many, so the people who value them get them. Simple economics. Now, you, and possibly some other people, may have had extenuating circumstances, and if so, it's a shame. But the fact remains that it would take all of the specialty of this edition if they simple printed more.
This space reserved in memory of one of the greatest heroes we will ever know. He faced insurmountable odds and sacrificed all for what he believed in. He died so that we could delay the inevitable. His name shall be honored forever, and his legend inscribed into the annals of history forever. And his name was...

Marauder Shields.

Remember 03.06.12.
http://gamercard.xbo...ertag=Mr Dude65

#890 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Yes, you should be able to so on cancelled orders. Do that please! I hate those sellers cancel on you because they feel like they're under selling, pricks!

As to back orders getting cancelled, freaking hate that too, but there's nothing you can do really. Sometimes you get apology coupons if you're lucky...

Thanks. Found it and left proper feedback. Sent an email to Amazon too.