* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Bayonetta 2, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inq, Witcher 3, ToX2

653 replies to this topic

#361 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

^ Yep, same here. Mine should supposedly arrive between Feb 25th - March 3rd.

#362 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

^Yup, mine still hasn't shipped, though the delivery estimate is supposedly Thursday (2/21), which might change.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#363 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

New cover art for Bioshock

Posted Image

#364 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

The Skryim guide is pretty big indeed, right up there with the Borderlands GOTY guide, Fallout 3 GOTY CE guide and a few of the other heavyweights in size of guide.

Skyrim is def the thickest CE guide i have, followed by Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect 3.

#365 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

That cover is pretty badass, but FPS guides are always worthless other than art.

#366 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

That cover is pretty badass, but FPS guides are always worthless other than art.

Always is a strong word. As a general rule, sure - but there are exceptions.

#367 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

HO. LEE. CRAP, at that Bioshock Infinite CE guide cover. :drool: While I don't usually buy FPS guides, games like Bioshock, where the collectibles are plenty, are exceptions to the rule for me.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#368 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Just a heads up that Amazon UK has some Kingdoms of Amalur CE guides left in stock. I just ordered one and it came out to about $35 USD including shipping to US. They seem to be disappearing quickly. Now I just have to get back to this game...

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#369 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

Damn it, first CE guide I purchase from Amazon and it arrived in a pretty bad state. It came in one of those hardbound shipping boxes that wrap around a book but the package didn't seem to receive any damage. So I guess this was shipped this way straight from Amazon. The Revengeance CE front is absolutely gorgeous by the way. Just a little ticked that the top of the guide's side has a big ass crease in the corner, I'm never anal about these things especially if I get it at a decent price but damn this one is just way too ugly and actually looks like something you would have put up on AWD as "Good".

On one hand I want to bitch about it to Amazon and get a pristine one, and another it just doesn't seem like something that would be -worth- bitching when I got it for $20.58. I'm probably letting all the fear mongering about A-Z bans get to me though, I've never asked for any compensations or complained to Amazon about any purchase. What would you guys suggest?

#370 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Damn it, first CE guide I purchase from Amazon and it arrived in a pretty bad state. It came in one of those hardbound shipping boxes that wrap around a book but the package didn't seem to receive any damage. So I guess this was shipped this way straight from Amazon. The Revengeance CE front is absolutely gorgeous by the way. Just a little ticked that the top of the guide's side has a big ass crease in the corner, I'm never anal about these things especially if I get it at a decent price but damn this one is just way too ugly and actually looks like something you would have put up on AWD as "Good".

On one hand I want to bitch about it to Amazon and get a pristine one, and another it just doesn't seem like something that would be -worth- bitching when I got it for $20.58. I'm probably letting all the fear mongering about A-Z bans get to me though, I've never asked for any compensations or complained to Amazon about any purchase. What would you guys suggest?

Mine had some corner bending. Small damages like these are almost impossible to avoid. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you are planning on keeping it sealed and reselling it a few years from now when it is OOP. If you're planning on actually using it, just enjoy it!

#371 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Mine had some corner bending. Small damages like these are almost impossible to avoid. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you are planning on keeping it sealed and reselling it a few years from now when it is OOP. If you're planning on actually using it, just enjoy it!

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm usually spoiled by Amazon I guess, and since this is the first hardcover guide I buy online I just didn't know what to expect. The bend/crease was pretty bad when I received it though, luckily it was only the top. Bottom looks perfect (kinda wish it happened in the bottom instead of the top though lol). Heck I'm usually the sort of guy that will just say: "Ah well, Whatev, I still got it cheaper!"

I might just open it up, planned on keeping it sealed but I want to see that lithograph. :) Plus I still need to finish the VR Missions & S Rank Revengeance.

#372 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

Can anyone suggest a cheap filler item to get free shipping from Barnes and Noble?

#373 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

Can anyone suggest a cheap filler item to get free shipping from Barnes and Noble?

Bookmarks.

#374 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Just got a shipping notice for my Tomb Raider CE guide. Should be here Monday.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#375 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Got my Metal Gear Rising CE today...I see why everyone thinks it looks so damn good. It's solid, can't wait to frame that lithograph. Next one up is Bioshock CE!

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#376 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Looks like they're shipping out the Tomb Raider guides already, got confirmation on mine. Kinda cool that I'll have it in time for the game.

Absolutely love that new Bioshock Infinite guide cover, can't wait for that to arrive in a few weeks! I tend to use FPS guides only when I go searching for hidden goodies or get really stuck in a game. Sure I could wait for a FAQ to pop up but meh.

Kinda sad that there wasn't a guide for God of War Ascension announced or released (an Amazon search shows nothing except the Ultimate Guide for 3) but it's probably for the best as March already sucked my funds from my wallet.

Interested in if there will be one for Last of Us. I'm sure I'll need one for that game!

#377 Steelpen2

Steelpen2

One Cheap Dude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Yeah, my Tomb Raider guide shipped out, as well. Will be here tomorrow.

Looks like they're shipping out the Tomb Raider guides already, got confirmation on mine. Kinda cool that I'll have it in time for the game.

Absolutely love that new Bioshock Infinite guide cover, can't wait for that to arrive in a few weeks! I tend to use FPS guides only when I go searching for hidden goodies or get really stuck in a game. Sure I could wait for a FAQ to pop up but meh.

Kinda sad that there wasn't a guide for God of War Ascension announced or released (an Amazon search shows nothing except the Ultimate Guide for 3) but it's probably for the best as March already sucked my funds from my wallet.

Interested in if there will be one for Last of Us. I'm sure I'll need one for that game!

Posted Image

#378 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Bookmarks.

Thanks Shrike! The Art of Bioshock and 12 Wizards and Dragons bookmarks are mine.

And I hope the Injustice Guide at least has the correct movelist for all the fighters this time. :roll:

#379 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hehe, my MGR Guide came in flawless condition. thankfully. Its my favorite collector guide so far. The cover image is astoundingly nice. I wish it had more artwork on the inside though ala the Uncharted 3 Collectors.
Posted Image

#380 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

The Bioshock guide looks great. I've really been getting into collecting these now.

I'm still debating on whether to get the tomb raider guide.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#381 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thanks Shrike! The Art of Bioshock and 12 Wizards and Dragons bookmarks are mine.

And I hope the Injustice Guide at least has the correct movelist for all the fighters this time. :roll:

Yeah, the Mortal Kombat guide was an embarrassment.

#382 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

My TR guide shipped, though my Camel^3 alert just emailed me that the price of the guide dropped again to $22.19. Anyone that had their guide ship should make sure to wait 2 days after release day and check for an email about a credit for the difference between ship price and release price.

#383 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

My TR guide shipped, though my Camel^3 alert just emailed me that the price of the guide dropped again to $22.19. Anyone that had their guide ship should make sure to wait 2 days after release day and check for an email about a credit for the difference between ship price and release price.

Thankfully (?) my guide hasn't shipped yet, though I see the $22.19 price. I preordered it at $23.07 and my invoice shows an adjustment to $22.63, so hopefully it'll auto-adjust to $22.19 before it ships.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#384 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Injustice is up on Amazon with usual discounts.
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0804161232/

In other news, Bioshock guide comes with a bonus Songbird lithograph at Gamestop.
http://www.gamestop....i_031313-2.aspx
But is it worth the extra money versus buying the guide from Amazon?

Finally, Skyward Sword guide is on backorder at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0307892042/
The reviews were bad, but some collectors might want it.

Edited by Ionotropic, 13 March 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#385 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

In other news, Bioshock guide comes with a bonus Songbird lithograph at Gamestop.
But is it worth the extra money versus buying the guide from Amazon

Honestly, I'd say no. If you like just the image, I believe first-run copies of the game will have it on the other side of the box art for reversible purposes.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#386 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

I haven't finished SS yet - not even close actually. I was thinking of getting this guide, but, man those reviews are bad. Does anybody here own the guide, does it truly suck? Rife with inaccuracies?

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#387 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Here's a sneak preview of the Gears guide.

#388 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Injustice is up on Amazon with usual discounts.
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0804161232/

But is it worth the extra money versus buying the guide from Amazon?

So glad you posted this about Bioshock, I have been seeing these on Ebay and had no idea of its origin and was prepared to offer someone $40 for it ... now that I know it comes with the guide I won't be spending anywhere near that money. Thanks!!

#389 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

in my experience amazon stops adjusting the price once the item has charged and shipped

#390 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ended up cancelling my Bioshock guide. I think I'm going to stick to RPG guides going forward.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

This post is dedicated to them girls who let me flop around on top of them