* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Bayonetta 2, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age Inq, Witcher 3, ToX2

655 replies to this topic

#211 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

So since the Borderlands 2 CE Guide is coming out now vs. having a hard cover GotY Edition guide, what does everyone think the value of this will be later on? Currently the Borderlands 1 GotY Edition Hardback guide goes for $55 used and $90 new on Amazon.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#212 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

So since the Borderlands 2 CE Guide is coming out now vs. having a hard cover GotY Edition guide, what does everyone think the value of this will be later on? Currently the Borderlands 1 GotY Edition Hardback guide goes for $55 used and $90 new on Amazon.

Honestly, I have no clue. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they produced another hardcover "GotY" CE after Gearbox releases a few pieces of DLC, but I'm not really considering getting the guide for Borderlands 2 in the first place since I think I'll have more fun discovering things all on my own. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#213 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:09 AM

What? Are these prices inflated because of BL2 or was this guide always this high? I remember seeing these in multiple Gamestops during a 50% off all guides sale a while back. They didn't seem particularly rare or necessary as Borderlands is pretty straightforward. The Skyrim CE guide didn't even hold its value.

#214 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

What? Are these prices inflated because of BL2 or was this guide always this high? I remember seeing these in multiple Gamestops during a 50% off all guides sale a while back. They didn't seem particularly rare or necessary as Borderlands is pretty straightforward. The Skyrim CE guide didn't even hold its value.

The skyrim CE guide still goes for 2 to 3x face value. You have to keep in mind nearly all the listings on eBay are for the 2nd edition.

#215 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

i aint trying to yell or anything but I always put a personal value on stuff I might want.

If you want it, get it. Dont worry about possibly reselling it later
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#216 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:18 AM

The skyrim CE guide still goes for 2 to 3x face value. You have to keep in mind nearly all the listings on eBay are for the 2nd edition.

Got skyrim guide at launch, played game for less than 10 hours then left guide in buddys game room for about a year.....good investment 8-)
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#217 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

I was going off Amazon listings. They have one at launch and another dated a month later, which I assume is the second edition. However, what you're saying is what I would be expecting.

#218 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

**edit** found out myself...second edition is labeled on the front of the guide...nvm :D

Edited by proKoyeon, 18 September 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#219 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:27 AM

Zone of the Enders HD Collectors Edition announced for Japan, can someone check if they work at Gamestop to see if the US is getting one as well? Some dude says they are but I don't believe it since it isn't on the website.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#220 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

I still see this guide in stores brand new as of yesterday.

Edited by Romeo, 21 September 2012 - 03:58 AM.

#221 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Zone of the Enders HD Collectors Edition announced for Japan, can someone check if they work at Gamestop to see if the US is getting one as well? Some dude says they are but I don't believe it since it isn't on the website.

Sorry to sound jerkish, but what does this have to do with Collector's Edition guides? :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#222 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Whoops, I was looking for the CE game thread.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#223 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Posted Image

#224 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

Oh guides.. I thought there was a special edition b&w2

#225 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Amazon has the Black Ops 2 LE guide up for pre-order @ $23.09 (lists it as paperback, though it's the LE/hardcover guide, since it MSRPs at $34.99):

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/0744014328/

Added it to the OP.

#226 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

#227 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Here's the next 2 Collector's Edition guides that have been announced :bouncy:

First, Dead Space 3

http://www.amazon.co...1033252&sr=1-18

• Numbered, collector's edition hardcover containing concept art, development team interviews and more
• Detailed Maps –Maps of every level
• Expert Tactics –Winning strategies for single-player and for the all new Co-Op mode
• Know where everything is at – Locations for power nodes, schematics and every other item in the game
• Learn from the best –Tips for building the very best weapons to take down the Necromorph plague

and a really, really pleasant surprise, Ni no Kuni

http://www.amazon.co...1033252&sr=1-21

• Detailed spoiler-free walkthrough for the entire game, including all errands and bounty hunts
• Complete charts showing all information and metamorphous of each familiar
• Breakdown for all spells, alchemy formulas, and items
• Solve every puzzle, defeat every boss, and find all hidden treasures
• Features a hard cover with unique treatments for collectability.

No pictures yet, but both come from Prima, so quality wise....hopefully they'll be good.

I wish Piggyback would get more active, all they've done this year is FFXIII-2 and the upcoming Assassin's Creed III, that's unacceptable for a guide maker. They make the best guides, but so little...

ithebigc.png

#228 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

Here's the next 2 Collector's Edition guides that have been announced :bouncy:

First, Dead Space 3

http://www.amazon.co...1033252&sr=1-18

• Numbered, collector's edition hardcover containing concept art, development team interviews and more
• Detailed Maps –Maps of every level
• Expert Tactics –Winning strategies for single-player and for the all new Co-Op mode
• Know where everything is at – Locations for power nodes, schematics and every other item in the game
• Learn from the best –Tips for building the very best weapons to take down the Necromorph plague

and a really, really pleasant surprise, Ni no Kuni

http://www.amazon.co...1033252&sr=1-21

• Detailed spoiler-free walkthrough for the entire game, including all errands and bounty hunts
• Complete charts showing all information and metamorphous of each familiar
• Breakdown for all spells, alchemy formulas, and items
• Solve every puzzle, defeat every boss, and find all hidden treasures
• Features a hard cover with unique treatments for collectability.

No pictures yet, but both come from Prima, so quality wise....hopefully they'll be good.

I wish Piggyback would get more active, all they've done this year is FFXIII-2 and the upcoming Assassin's Creed III, that's unacceptable for a guide maker. They make the best guides, but so little...

YES THAT NI NO KUNI GUIDE WILL BE MIIIINE...

*ahem*

I agree that Piggyback should be more active, and I'll add that I would really like to know FuturePress's next project (their last guide was Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, IIRC, and they haven't said what their next guide is since).

Cloud_Squall78.png

#229 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Just pre-ordered the Ni no Kuni guide. I hope it does get the usual LE Guide price drop before release!

#230 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, call me when it's $20 or better. Way too much for a guide.

#231 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, call me when it's $20 or better. Way too much for a guide.

Set up a camelcamelcamel.com price watch on it. As soon as they adjust it for Amazon "normal" pricing of $23.99 - $26.99, you'll know.

#232 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Ni no Kuni's guide price dropped to $27.57 on Amazon!

#233 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Set up a camelcamelcamel.com price watch on it. As soon as they adjust it for Amazon "normal" pricing of $23.99 - $26.99, you'll know.

Not quite in that range, but it dropped to $27.57, an Amazon-typical 31% discount. Time will tell if it'll drop further.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#234 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Nothing new to report, but I figured it was worth pointing out that the ACIII LE guide dropped to $20.99 for preorder (40% off!).

Cloud_Squall78.png

#235 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

its showing $23 now

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#236 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

updated the OP, thanks ithebigc for the new guides

#237 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

halo 4 guide is pretty hot, i think prima is stepping up their game.

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#238 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

halo 4 guide is pretty hot, i think prima is stepping up their game.

Yes and no. For achievement hunters, the walkthrough provides zero guidance/alerts for when to try for an achievement. Bit of a disappointment in that regard.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#239 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Will the no no kuni guide be worth much in the future?

#240 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

As a heads up to anybody that waned the MadCatz Halo 4 Trigger headset but hasn't pulled the trigger, BUY ONE NOW!

I asked for it as a Christmas gift but when browsing for it I found that most retailers are out of stock. Knowing that my wife hadn't picked one up for me yet I franticly started searching for them. They are now in the $100 range on eBay.

GameStop has limited quantities spread around at full price of $59.99
Best Buy has them listed on their website for just $49.99 +free shipping
GameShark store has a few left, down to single digits.

I pulled the trigger at BestBuy.com, but noticed many other sites have pulled the listing, are are far above MSRP.

Amazon
Walmart
Target
Buy.com
Newegg.com

I realize this isn't a "deal". But given how much these things are going to cost on the secondary market, I'd consider it a steal.

16Z462z.jpg