Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inq, Witcher 3, ToX2, Sims4, Skylanders, BattlefieldH, CoD:AW

651 replies to this topic

#121 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

NP mate. Would you guys find it helpful if I cross-referenced my thread with this to alert you when a book is eligible for quick picks? To date, ME3 has been spotted once so it should show up tomorrow if you rate your purchase of the Skyrim guide. Make sure it's in your recommendations first though!

I'd certainly find it helpful. :applause: I probably won't reorder the ME3 CE guide for a little while, though, since I'm hoping it'll drop lower like the Skyrim CE guide did (i.e. in the weeks leading up to the game's release), and then I can order it through Quick Picks. Until then, I'll make sure it stays in my Recommendations. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#122 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

I'd certainly find it helpful. :applause: I probably won't reorder the ME3 CE guide for a little while, though, since I'm hoping it'll drop lower like the Skyrim CE guide did (i.e. in the weeks leading up to the game's release), and then I can order it through Quick Picks. Until then, I'll make sure it stays in my Recommendations. ;)

That's risky because things change daily and Amazon has removed items from being eligible before. I'd say order it as soon as it shows up because you're always guaranteed the lowest price until after the release date anyway.

#123 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

That's risky because things change daily and Amazon has removed items from being eligible before. I'd say order it as soon as it shows up because you're always guaranteed the lowest price until after the release date anyway.

Oh, I didn't know that items could become ineligible; I'll just reorder it if it shows up then. I'd rather wait since the "lowest price" is based on the percentage off from the MSRP; for instance, if I was able to get the ME3 CE guide for $24.82, about 5% off its current price of $26.12, but the guide dropped to $24.49 later, I'd be locked in at the lower price and effectively lose the Quick Picks discount, wouldn't I? If that happened, I'd much rather get it for $23.26.

But I understand that it's a bit neurotic to fuss over a little more than a dollar, so I'll still reorder should it show up in my Quick Picks. There's always the chance that it will still be eligible should the price drop. ;)

On topic, it looks like the ME3 CE has a cover image now (and it looks so HAWT):
Posted Image

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

#124 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

Oh, I didn't know that items could become ineligible; I'll just reorder it if it shows up then. I'd rather wait since the "lowest price" is based on the percentage off from the MSRP; for instance, if I was able to get the ME3 CE guide for $24.82, about 5% off its current price of $26.12, but the guide dropped to $24.49 later, I'd be locked in at the lower price and effectively lose the Quick Picks discount, wouldn't I? If that happened, I'd much rather get it for $23.26.

Nope, it would recalculate at 5% lower than the new price, so once it's locked in it stays forever.

#125 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:23 AM

That ME3 CE guide cover pic is quite the pic. :drool:

#126 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:04 AM

I was hoping for some femshep hotness on the cover, but very nice anyway.

#127 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

bump for FFXIII-2, but no real info yet...

#128 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

Anyone know why Amazon doesn't have the Skyward Sword guide listed?

#129 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

bump for FFXIII-2, but no real info yet...

Happy to see Piggyback is doing the guide. :D

Definitely in for 2 CE guides for sure!

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#130 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

I will definitely be buying the FFXIII-2 CE guide

and didn't the Saint's Row 3 one actually get canceled? not even listed Prima's website

#131 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Updated with SWTOR guide! Even though these are quickly outdated, they serve as a cheap coffee table art book none-the-less.

#132 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

The price for the Skyward Sword CE guide isn't under $24 any longer on BN.com, it's back up to MSRP at $40.

Amazon doesn't have it, nor does Amazon.co.uk.

I will definitely be buying the FFXIII-2 CE guide

and didn't the Saint's Row 3 one actually get canceled? not even listed Prima's website

The SR3 CE guide did get canceled, yes.

#133 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

The price for the Skyward Sword CE guide isn't under $24 any longer on BN.com, it's back up to MSRP at $40.

It's so weird that Amazon isn't selling the guide for Skyward Sword; you'd think the strategy guide for a Nintendo flagship title would sell well. I guess getting the LoZ:SS CE guide for $20 after using the 50% off coupon at BBY is the best option for anyone who wants it.

I'm actually considering not getting the guide for the first time in my playing the Zelda series--I have this feeling that I might get much more enjoyment out of Skyward Sword if I play it on my own.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#134 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

Glad i put in my order a couple days ago for one.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#135 Coltin

Coltin

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

Sweeeeet, the Final Fantasy 13 CE guide was awesome, and I'm sure the sequel will be no different!

#136 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:55 AM

It's so weird that Amazon isn't selling the guide for Skyward Sword; you'd think the strategy guide for a Nintendo flagship title would sell well. I guess getting the LoZ:SS CE guide for $20 after using the 50% off coupon at BBY is the best option for anyone who wants it.

I'm actually considering not getting the guide for the first time in my playing the Zelda series--I have this feeling that I might get much more enjoyment out of Skyward Sword if I play it on my own.

What coupon are you referring to?

#137 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

Buy.com has the Skyward Sword guide for preorder for $29 with free shipping. Seems to be the cheapest I've seen now

#138 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

What coupon are you referring to?

There's a welcome packet for new Gamers Club Unlocked members that BBY has sent out that not every GCU member has received in the mail yet (and unfortunately it's impossible to tell when you'd get it if you haven't) that contains four surprisingly good coupons, one of which is for "50% Off a Gaming Strategy Guide", good until 12/31.

For more info, check this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=307422

Cloud_Squall78.png

#139 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

There's a welcome packet for new Gamers Club Unlocked members that BBY has sent out that not every GCU member has received in the mail yet (and unfortunately it's impossible to tell when you'd get it if you haven't) that contains four surprisingly good coupons, one of which is for "50% Off a Gaming Strategy Guide", good until 12/31.

For more info, check this thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=307422

Oh, I see. I haven't received these in the mail yet. Ugh. Would've loved to use it on the skyward sword guide....

#140 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:28 PM

Still looks like that B&N and Gamestop are the only places for the Skyward Sword CE guide.

#141 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Still looks like that B&N and Gamestop are the only places for the Skyward Sword CE guide.

If you search the ISBN at Amazon it does bring up a page, but the pic is wrong and Amazon isn't selling it, just 3rd parties:

http://www.amazon.co...21731335&sr=8-1

It's odd that it's not found at more retailers

#142 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Buy.com has it for $29. I ordered last week at $24, and it shipped two days ago. Should be here Tuesday.

I'm more concerned that no one has the game/remote bundle for order now. I forgot to order a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can find a copy on shelves tomorrow.

#143 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

Buy.com has it for $29. I ordered last week at $24, and it shipped two days ago. Should be here Tuesday.

I'm more concerned that no one has the game/remote bundle for order now. I forgot to order a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can find a copy on shelves tomorrow.

Here is the link for the buy.com listing

#144 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Every single BBY in my area has 4 copies of it.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#145 azathoth

azathoth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

Here is the link for the buy.com listing

buy.com just cancelled my preorder for the guide. I did get a $10 GC out of it, however.

#146 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

http://www.amazon.co...SIN/0307894215/

bumpin

#147 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:04 AM

The Old Republic Explorer's Guide is down to $16.24 on amazon, updated the op with that

#148 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

FuturePress announced in an interview with 1UP that their next guides will be for Soul Calibur V and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning:

1UP: Can you give us any clue as to what projects you're working on now?
FP: Hm, ok, you heard it here first: we're currently working with Namco Bandai again on Soulcalibur V and with BigHugeGames/38 Studios on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

There are product pages for the SCV and KoA: Reckoning guides on Amazon, though you can't preorder them yet. I'm posting this here because they're listed as Collector's Edition guides and...well, because they're FuturePress guides, so why wouldn't you want them? :razz:

In other news, the FFXIII-2 CE guide appeared in my Quick Picks today and was promptly ordered by me. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png

#149 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:21 AM

Anyone have any info on this? The Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. I guess one of the AC:Revelations CE versions for Europe got this as a pack-in, US/Canada customers could order this separately.

http://store.ubiwork...-white-edition/

Content wise it looks/sounds very worthwhile, but I was hesitant to spend so much with it only being softcover. If it was hardcover I likely would have preordered it right away. Apparently it's sold out now though, who knows if it will come back in stock. Maybe I should hunt ebay for a hardcover version that came in the european CE of Revelations.

#150 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:49 AM

It's an artbook, type thing, not really a guide. Also, it's awesome! I'm very happy I bought it, and it was well worth thte rather lofty ~$50 price tag.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0