Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition, Assassin's Creed Initiate Edition, Hyrule Warriors

677 replies to this topic

#271 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Does the Ni No Kuni guide have any art with it. As of an artbook or exclusive art?

My GF loves Ghibli and artbooks so I am debating buying the guide.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#272 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for this. The total came out to $25.05 with tax and free shipping. You can sign up for a free 2 month membership with them provided you pay with a credit/debit card, and being a new member.

I've created a few bn accounts just to get free shipping ;). didn't have to this time as I ordered 2 guides.

does anyone think Best Buy will have the guide? I'm still waiting for my unlocked packet for renewing. The 50% off guide coupon is only worth it on guides like this

#273 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance guide by PIGGYBACK added to OP!

Also, Dead Space 3 dropped to $22.13 on Amazon and Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider down to $24.41.

#274 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#275 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Also, Dead Space 3 dropped to $22.13 on Amazon and Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider down to $24.41.

Posted ImagePosted Image

YES YES YES YES YES YES

:drool::drool::drool:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#276 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Gah. I was hoping Future Press would get MGR. Well, at least Piggyback is my backup choice.

#277 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Bioshock's looks gorgeous. Man March is gonna break me from both games AND guides! :D

#278 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Ni No Kuni guide is finally back in stock at Amazon. It's been OOS for a few months.

#279 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Ni No Kuni guide is finally back in stock at Amazon. It's been OOS for a few months.

Thanks for the update. I thought I had pre-ordered one but found out after it was OOS that I had not. Now I have one pre-ordered :)

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#280 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I have it pre-ordered at B & N as well. Which should I cancel?

#281 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

thx. preordered ni no kuni from amz
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#282 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Tomb Raider and Bioshock down to $23.91, Dead Space 3 down to $22.79 on Amazon, Ni No Kuni still available for $26.39.

#283 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

in for Ni No Kuni, thanks!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#284 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

Tomb Raider and Bioshock down to $23.91, Dead Space 3 down to $22.79 on Amazon, Ni No Kuni still available for $26.39.

Mmmm $23.91. Come on TR and Bioshock, you can make it to $20! :P

That's still a good deal on Ni no Kuni though, especially since Gamestop wants to charge the full MSRP for it of $40.

I swear these hardcover guides are going to be the death of my wallet.

Does the Ni No Kuni guide have any art with it. As of an artbook or exclusive art?

My GF loves Ghibli and artbooks so I am debating buying the guide.

I know this is a while for an answer, but from my experience with LE guides, there are usually bits of artwork thrown in there throughout the guide. Sometimes it could be the same as in the artbooks that come with the CE of the game (Duke Nukem Forever and God of War 3's come to mind) but there can be different artwork too! There are some guides I love for the art in it anyway, like the Dragon Quest guides. I really love Toriyama's weapon and armor designs.

#285 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Dead Space 3 made it down to $21.49 on 12/18/12, so that should be the price you get it for if you preordered it prior to 12/18/12.

Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite are at their lowest prices so far.

#286 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Good thing Ni No is back on Amazon. Even though it's $2 more, I get Prime shipping vs paying for standard shipping at B&N.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D 

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :) 

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#287 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Why the heck does Gamestop have to mark their Ni No Kuni guide up so much. I have a gift card that is shy of the money. Is there ANY possibility of the guide going down there?

#288 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Why the heck does Gamestop have to mark their Ni No Kuni guide up so much. I have a gift card that is shy of the money. Is there ANY possibility of the guide going down there?

Aside from pennying out or there being another 50% off all guides promotion like the one going on now, no.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: Just Cause 2; MGS3 HD [Speed Run for Vita Platinum]  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/20]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#289 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

It isn't Gamestop's price (although I'm sure they could if they would) the publisher set the price at $39.99. Most LE guides are normally priced $34.99. It's why I started ordering mine from Amazon, I'd end up saving anywhere between $10-$15+. Sure, I might have to wait a couple of days to get the guide, but it beats spending full price for it. And yes, I'm aware of the 20% off the guide you get when you buy the game and guide together at Gamestop and a Powerup Reward Member, but I still think I'm coming out a bit cheaper this way.

Unless it's a last option, I'm not buying LE guides from GS anymore.

#290 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

FYI, Ni No Kuni is eligible for a quick pick, so you can save ~$1 if you get it in your gold box!

#291 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

It isn't Gamestop's price (although I'm sure they could if they would) the publisher set the price at $39.99. Most LE guides are normally priced $34.99. It's why I started ordering mine from Amazon, I'd end up saving anywhere between $10-$15+. Sure, I might have to wait a couple of days to get the guide, but it beats spending full price for it. And yes, I'm aware of the 20% off the guide you get when you buy the game and guide together at Gamestop and a Powerup Reward Member, but I still think I'm coming out a bit cheaper this way.

Unless it's a last option, I'm not buying LE guides from GS anymore.

The only time I've ever bought a LE guide from GS was when they had Dark Souls down to $4.99 when I was still within my return period with someone else.

Amazon and Barnes & Noble tend to have a price dropping war on guides, so the slow dropping of prices is usually due to one of them dropping the price lower than the other and the other dropping lower to match.

Sometimes a guide will be cheaper at B&N when there's a 20% off coupon to be had, though you usually have to buy it on release date to still get the cheaper price on it as the prices tend to jack up pretty quickly after releae date at B&N.

Amazon usually ends up being the best option for release day and sometimes after release, you get lucky with a cheaper guide post-release. More times than not, they tend to go up after release, not down.

A few exceptions are out there like Duke Nukem Balls Of Steel, though that's an odd duck on more than one level.

It's always best to check pricing trends on guides on http://www.camelcamelcamel.com and set up prices watches there. You'll get price history and alerts for price drops. It's a great site and I buy the occasional item via them to get them some referral money to keep the site running.

#292 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

My NiNo guide was ordered on 11/14 and shows as $19.79 with a $5.79 "Promotion Applied." Is this promotion the dropping because of the preorder price guarantee? Or something else I missed somewhere?

Original price is $25.58.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

I didn't see Velo's dick on cam, but I have in pics. He's rockin' a pretty good dick there I guess...I'm not queer though. And I will deny that I said that and make sure Google deletes it.

#293 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

My NiNo guide was ordered on 11/14 and shows as $19.79 with a $5.79 "Promotion Applied." Is this promotion the dropping because of the preorder price guarantee? Or something else I missed somewhere?

Original price is $25.58.

Cheapest price camelcamelcamel.com has seen for it was $25.85.

That may be some promotional credit that was on your account at the time of the order. It's not tied to anything I can think of for a guide purchase.

#294 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

That's MSRP. See Best Buy.
http://www.bestbuy.c... kuni&lp=2&cp=1

#295 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Cheapest price camelcamelcamel.com has seen for it was $25.85.

That may be some promotional credit that was on your account at the time of the order. It's not tied to anything I can think of for a guide purchase.

It seems that they're classifying my gift cards as promotions on that order. I just redeemed a $50 gift card, and used it to pay the balance on this order, and now my Promotions Applied section says $25.85. Must have had $5something in GC before.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

I didn't see Velo's dick on cam, but I have in pics. He's rockin' a pretty good dick there I guess...I'm not queer though. And I will deny that I said that and make sure Google deletes it.

#296 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Ni no Kuni's guide dropped to $23.99 on Amazon! My invoice still says $25.85, but hopefully that gets updated soon.

Also looks like Bioshock Infinite had a minor drop as well. New price is $23.66.

#297 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

Can't decide whether to try to PM the Ni No Kuni guide or just buy from Amazon.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#298 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Tomb Raider LE guide dropped to $23.18. I thought Bioshock's had dropped but it actually went up a few cents to $23.89.

I'm sure these will drop ridiculously close to $20 or sub $20 before launch in March.

#299 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm added

Posted Image

#300 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:34 PM