Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition, Assassin's Creed Initiate Edition, Hyrule Warriors

683 replies to this topic

#421 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Meh, I still have the Nintendo Power guide for the original Wind Waker. Assuming they don't change that much, it should suffice.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#422 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

Updated OP with The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker CE Guide (Wii U HD Remake).
Details are sparse so far, but if it follows history, it will be hardback with a cloth map included, and the guide itself may suck.

Dam, now I need to get a Wii U when this does come out. Might just buy the CE guide and wait on getting the game later unless it gets a CE as well.

sig.gif

76561198019892519.png

My Game Collection: Currently at 1,957 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013 2014

#423 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Bumpin for Skyrim Legendary CE guide (1,120 pages!) and AC IV Black Flag CE guide. No pics yet.

#424 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Bumpin for Skyrim Legendary CE guide (1,120 pages!) and AC IV Black Flag CE guide. No pics yet.

1,120 pages for a guide? Holy crap, you could kill someone with a guide that big. :fridge:

I think that has to be the biggest guide yet, as there were some that topped in the 600+ pages (Fallout 3 GOTY CE, at least), though I can't think of one that was over 1,000 pages.

#425 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

1,120 pages...?! :shock:

HO. LY. CRAP. Imma buy that DAY-ONE...assuming Amazon does the right/typical thing and discounts it further within the month (40% off would be nice :pray:).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#426 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm gonna speculate, that the Skyrim Legendary CE guide, will have a limited first print run like the OG Skyrim CE guide did, and could make this VERY rare so one of the few guides that I think could sell out.
Also I have no use for that windwaker guide XD I bought a OG Gamecube windwaker guide for $9.99 two months or so ago :)

#427 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

1,120 pages...?! :shock:

HO. LY. CRAP. Imma buy that DAY-ONE...assuming Amazon does the right/typical thing and discounts it further within the month (40% off would be nice :pray:).

Buy it now so you have an order locked in and just put in a price watch on camelcamelcamel.com for it, keeping an eye on the price until it releases.

That's what I'm going to do.

#428 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Buy it now so you have an order locked in and just put in a price watch on camelcamelcamel.com for it, keeping an eye on the price until it releases.

That's what I'm going to do.

Done. Thanks for the advice.

You know, if Best Buy ends up carrying it, I could use the 50% off a guide coupon (expires 7/31) from my Welcome Packet to bring it down to $24.99...but is it at all possible for such a beast of a guide to be sold in-store? :-k

Otherwise, I'll probably use that coupon on the Last of Us CE guide (bringing it down to $17.49) since that has a better chance of being sold at a BBY location.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#429 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

You know, if Best Buy ends up carrying it, I could use the 50% off a guide coupon (expires 7/31) from my Welcome Packet to bring it down to $24.99...but is it at all possible for such a beast of a guide to be sold in-store? :-k

Otherwise, I'll probably use that coupon on the Last of Us CE guide (bringing it down to $17.49) since that has a better chance of being sold at a BBY location.

That's the practice I always use for guides, especially ones that might end up being rare (Borderlands GOTY, RDR GOTY, F3 GOTY CE, DA: O CE, etc.). I order it to make sure I'm getting one and then just watch the price via camel^3. It'll always show the cheapest price, so I know what I should get when it ships.

If Best Buy does carry it, that might be as cheap as you'll find it, though even some of the ridiculously large guides have been around $23-$25 on Amazon at time of release, if not cheaper.

Most of my CE guides from Amazon have been $18 - $23 around time of release, with few of them being more than $23. Once in a rare while, like 1 guide out of 10-15, has been over $25.

Last Of Us CE @ $17.49 would be a better use of the coupon since Amazon isn't likely to drop it below $19 before release.

#430 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I wonder how heavy that Skyrim guide will be. I suspect Amazon will be getting a lot of complaints about damaged copies.
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#431 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

That's the practice I always use for guides, especially ones that might end up being rare (Borderlands GOTY, RDR GOTY, F3 GOTY CE, DA: O CE, etc.). I order it to make sure I'm getting one and then just watch the price via camel^3. It'll always show the cheapest price, so I know what I should get when it ships.

If Best Buy does carry it, that might be as cheap as you'll find it, though even some of the ridiculously large guides have been around $23-$25 on Amazon at time of release, if not cheaper.

Most of my CE guides from Amazon have been $18 - $23 around time of release, with few of them being more than $23. Once in a rare while, like 1 guide out of 10-15, has been over $25.

Last Of Us CE @ $17.49 would be a better use of the coupon since Amazon isn't likely to drop it below $19 before release.

I really hope this one drops to around $23-$25, then. :)

In other news, The Last of Us CE guide dropped another $0.46 to $22.28. I already updated the OP.

Edited by Vigilante, 03 May 2013 - 07:05 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#432 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Thanks Ionotropic! Just Amazon'd the Hardcover for Skyrim.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#433 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

I hope the Last of Us guide pushes a couple more dollars off! It's not that I'm cheap.. it's just June is gonna squeeze my wallet lol.

I'm sorely.. sorely tempted by that Skyrim guide. 1,200+ pages. The first guide was like half that!

#434 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

I wonder how heavy that Skyrim guide will be. I suspect Amazon will be getting a lot of complaints about damaged copies.

It may be too big for their BP1/BK1 book mailer which they usually ship single guides in, so they may opt to ship it in a larger book mailer (if they have one) or in a box, which might increase the chances for damage in shipment.

#435 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm betting the Skyrim Guide will be available from Bestbuy (hopefully). So I will be able to PM it there if amazon does a discounted guide preorder like they usually do.

#436 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

My welcome packet coupons were only good for a month >.>

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#437 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

That is a ridiculous guide. The spine is gonna be like 2 inches.

#438 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

My welcome packet coupons were only good for a month >.>

Unless you already used them, check them again--some people have reported the expiration date changing to 7/31 without them knowing. Otherwise, contact a BBY rep on their forums, explain the situation, and you should (hopefully) get a link to a new set of coupons. That's what I did when the welcome pack I didn't get until last month had the 4/30 expiration date.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#439 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image

#440 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Posted Image

That picture definitely sold me, lol. Gonna need to go preorder this guide at GS this week.

xivpads.png

#441 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Unless you already used them, check them again--some people have reported the expiration date changing to 7/31 without them knowing. Otherwise, contact a BBY rep on their forums, explain the situation, and you should (hopefully) get a link to a new set of coupons. That's what I did when the welcome pack I didn't get until last month had the 4/30 expiration date.

I used the b2g1 new and the 50% off guide (only ones I was probably going to use)

the digital coupon to me is worthless, and b2g1 used is almost impossible, because that means I have to find 3 used games to buy at a location I will go to. (When hell freezes over, especially since there aren't that many current games I'm looking for especially used when crossbuy gets factored in)

Alas, thanks for the heads up!

Skyrim guide looks awesome...

Posted Image

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#442 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Price drop on Skyrim Legendary Guide at Amazon to $32.49.

And bump for Watch Dogs.

#443 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Thanks, locked in a pre-order at that price.

Now to decide if I trust Amazon's shipping or if I should try and get it from GS at release...

#444 Tibbs

Tibbs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just saw this today.
Posted Image

#445 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Well locked in Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs. Ugh why did this year have to be so good with releases. :'(

Thanks, locked in a pre-order at that price.

Now to decide if I trust Amazon's shipping or if I should try and get it from GS at release...

Amazon's shipping with guides have been nothing but positive for me for the most part. There could be *one* Negative and that's when I got Tomb Raider's LE guide, the box was all mangled and had the "damaged" tape on it by the post office, but the guide itself was in great condition (no dents or dings). However, that was just the one time.

I much prefer Amazon anyway as I refuse to pay the full price for these LE guides by ordering them at Gamestop, for various reasons other than the obvious price. Plus, you're likely to have the guide before the game drops anyway.

Edited by outerfox, 14 May 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#446 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Amazon's shipping with guides have been nothing but positive for me for the most part. There could be *one* Negative and that's when I got Tomb Raider's LE guide, the box was all mangled and had the "damaged" tape on it by the post office, but the guide itself was in great condition (no dents or dings). However, that was just the one time.

I much prefer Amazon anyway as I refuse to pay the full price for these LE guides by ordering them at Gamestop, for various reasons other than the obvious price. Plus, you're likely to have the guide before the game drops anyway.

Amazon is also a lot more likely to fix the issue quickly than Gamestop would be.

#447 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for the update on Watch_Dogs' CE guide--I preordered one. Hopefully Piggyback ends up doing it (IIRC, when previous Assassin's Creed CE guides went up early, Prima was listed as the maker and it changed to Piggyback later on?).

C'mon, Skyrim Legendary, drop another $7 to ~50% off... :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#448 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Amazon is awesome. Is that not said enough? I preordered the Skyrim guide when it was $45 and now my cost is $32. I don't even have to ask or go into the store to get a price adjustment. It's about .03 cents per page (or .06 if you count front and back as 1 page).

#449 patcrazystar64

patcrazystar64

Human Android

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

I love PiggyBack Hardcover guides, seriously they are some of the best and I'll happily pay the release date price for AC: Black Flag. I was really hoping WatchDogs would be made by PiggyBack as well. =(

#450 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I love PiggyBack Hardcover guides, seriously they are some of the best and I'll happily pay the release date price for AC: Black Flag. I was really hoping WatchDogs would be made by PiggyBack as well. =(

Like I said, it still might be--in the past, some Piggyback guides weren't listed as being Piggyback guides until closer to the release date, but until then they were labeled Prima guides.

...Of course, I might be completely wrong here. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png