Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition, Assassin's Creed Initiate Edition, Hyrule Warriors

683 replies to this topic

#31 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

yeah, I doubt you'll need a guide for the game or anything, except maybe to find a hard to find treasure or something, but I bet there's a cool art section in there.. Piggyback puts out some very nice guides.

It's Piggyback. Good enough for me (in this case)

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#32 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

:hot::hot::hot: That looks HAWT. I don't know if I can justify getting a guide for a linear 3rd-person shooter (not even one as awesome as U3 will undoubtedly be), though, at least not until I see all the extras that will come with this CE.

It's Piggyback, the best guide maker in the world. Whether you use the guide or not you can be sure you'll appreciate it from an Uncharted fan perspective. People complained that FFXIII was linear but I will argue with anyone that without the Piggyback guide the experience of playing it was not complete.

Plus, that cover matches the look of the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition....which I will buy when it's half off or something.

ithebigc.png

#33 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:21 PM

Agree with the sentiments on piggyback, way better than Prima & Bradygames(I hear good things about Futurepress, but I only have one by them so I can't really comment). I love the work piggyback did with the AC games, and as mentioned above briefly, having their guide for FFXIII really helped me a lot in my playthrough. Also, if you can find all the treasures in Uncharted without any help, well, you certainly have my praise. :lol: So, it certainly does have it's uses.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#34 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

It's Piggyback, the best guide maker in the world. Whether you use the guide or not you can be sure you'll appreciate it from an Uncharted fan perspective. People complained that FFXIII was linear but I will argue with anyone that without the Piggyback guide the experience of playing it was not complete.

Plus, that cover matches the look of the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition....which I will buy when it's half off or something.

While I agree that the FFXIII guide was a necessity to maximize one's enjoyment of the game, I don't think the U3 guide will be similar (though fans will definitely love it), as FFXIII had an underlying complexity that the Piggyback guide showed players, a complexity that they might have otherwise missed without the guide.

I just can't really see the same thing happening with the U3 guide besides providing treasure locations; I would much rather play an action/adventure 3rd-person shooter like U3 blind and look for the treasures later (and by that time, there'd probably be a list of locations on GameFAQs). I think that for me, playing U3 without the guide would be like playing FFXIII with the guide.

Note that I'm not condemning the U3 guide; on the contrary, it looks like a freakin' awesome one, and anyone who wants it should just preorder it now while it's <$20. I'm just trying to think as a gamer first and a collector second, and in this case, I think that using the U3 guide would cater to the latter, unlike how using the FFXIII guide would cater to the former.

Who knows, though, maybe I'll just preorder it closer to the release date because of the great cover or if it drops even more in price. :lol:

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#35 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

I found a pic of the UC3 guide, it looks awesome.

Posted Image

Thanks SSJ, that seals the deal for me, I'm on the fence with game guides, but that cover looks very very nice!

#36 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

Updated with Uncharted 3 pic and Disney dropped a few pennies!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#37 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:25 PM

Special features for Uncharted 3 updated!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#38 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

Wow, it comes with a CD? very cool.

#39 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

So uh, do you have a plan for released guides OP? Since this is a pre-order thread, I'm thinking the best plan is to just delete released guides.

Also, as a reminder guys you can preview your wiki post beforehand, so lets try to keep the revisions to a single post. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#40 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

Bump for Modern Warfare 3, which is paperback for some ill-conceived reason...

#41 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

So uh, do you have a plan for released guides OP? Since this is a pre-order thread, I'm thinking the best plan is to just delete released guides.

Also, as a reminder guys you can preview your wiki post beforehand, so lets try to keep the revisions to a single post. ;)

How about monthly archive, like the CE thread?

#42 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

I personally don't see any value in that, but I'm indifferent. It's not my thread so whatever you decide to go with is fine.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#43 psyphris

psyphris

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

I like the idea of an archive. This is the thread I reference when I'm looking for CE versions of guides.

I personally don't see any value in that, but I'm indifferent. It's not my thread so whatever you decide to go with is fine.

What about an alphabetical listing? Instead of thinking "I want a CE guide for Gears 3, when was that game released again?" you could think "I want a CE guide for Gears 3, let me look under the 'G - M' section." If it's not there then there wasn't a guide and you won't be left looking through all the other months just incase you were wrong about its release date.

#44 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=B005PSTTJA+B005PSTTFE&x=0&y=0

MGS HD Collection Limited Edition announced. $80

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#45 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

I like the idea of an archive. This is the thread I reference when I'm looking for CE versions of guides.

What about an alphabetical listing? Instead of thinking "I want a CE guide for Gears 3, when was that game released again?" you could think "I want a CE guide for Gears 3, let me look under the 'G - M' section." If it's not there then there wasn't a guide and you won't be left looking through all the other months just incase you were wrong about its release date.

Alright, we'll try doing an alphabetical archive.

http://www.amazon.co...5PSTTFE&x=0&y=0

MGS HD Collection Limited Edition announced. $80

Thanks, but you posted in the wrong thread. This thread is for CE game guides.

#46 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Updated with Batman Arkham City pic and huge BF3 price drop. As always, enjoy!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#47 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

never bought a guide for shooter games... how are they? i got all hardcover/CE guides for other games though.

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#48 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

never bought a guide for shooter games... how are they? i got all hardcover/CE guides for other games though.

They can't teach you to be good, heh. Maps maybe?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#49 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Thanks as always for the update, J. :applause:

I love guides for RPGs, mostly. I usually don't buy them for shooter games, but they can be useful for finding collectibles like Gears of War 3. They just can't improve your aim with a controller! So far, the only ones I have for shooters are Killzone 3 (futurepress CE), Halo Reach CE (not sure who published), Gears of War 3 (bradygames CE), and I'm planning on getting the Uncharted 3 CE also.

#50 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

This is actually a good post idk why its buried :?

// Sorry, sort of late....

I think that discussing pre-order stuff is not really things
someone who trying to save money would normally do.

Some many months ago, I post a lengthy post about all that
could be gotten by pre-ordering Two Worlds 2, from a number
of outlets. I figured that if people got the special edition, when
it was first released, if they were looking to get it, then they
wouldn't pay more for it later, if it were to become rare and
go up in price.

#51 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Bump for Red Dead Redemption GOTY LE Guide. This one is a beast at almost 450 pages, and hardcover, too!

#52 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

So apparently there are multiple covers for the Batman AC Guide. Looks like you can't choose which one you get if you order online.

Posted ImagePosted Image

The guide also comes with 6 lithos and a poster of Catwoman and Harley Quinn.
It's so much cheaper at Amazon, but I might pick it up in-store so I can get the Catwoman cover.

#53 xXJonoXx

xXJonoXx

Resident Che(vil)ap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

Damn, that Catwoman cover is nice. I might order from Amazon and exchange at Best Buy or something if I get the Batman one. Hoping to just get catwoman or they somehow let us choose.

#54 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

O_o i want the catwoman one too... somethin nice to fap to... unlike normally :( jk lol. i like the black and white motif. preordered one, and might even pick up the other cover that i dont get in store. wat stores are gonna stock these anyway?

#55 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

The Uncharted 3 guide is down to $18.99

#56 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

The Uncharted 3 guide is down to $18.99

thanks, I canceled and reorder. The pre-order price guarantee thing doesn't work for me...

#57 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:32 AM

thanks, I canceled and reorder. The pre-order price guarantee thing doesn't work for me...

same. i looked at it and thought 20 cents? eh. i can wait... then decided to cancel and reorder and thought of my friend who was literally short ONE penny on MULTIPLE purchases. and he had to get 99 cents back... once most of it was pennies back...

#58 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

Damn the Saints Row Collectors Guide has disappeared from the interwebs. I can buy the normal edition but that isnt fun.

#59 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:14 AM

Does anyone have pics of the 6 lithographs that come with batman?

#60 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

I haven't seen them anywhere so far.