Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition, Assassin's Creed Initiate Edition, Hyrule Warriors

667 replies to this topic

#571 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

There was a promo running a few weeks back that gave you 20% off max $20.  It was supposed to be a one time use, but had a glitch and was auto added to every order using your Amazon card.  Many were sure all orders would get canceled but I have received three orders since.  Ended up pre-ordering all my next gen stuff also, great deal and I hope it comes back again.   

woah. but I don't have an Amazon card so I guess I would be left out of this anyway.

but great deal :D

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#572 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

I am still so torn between that zelda box set. I own 3 of the 6 guides, 2 of them online are like $30-35 to buy by themselves, and then the last one is the 3D ocarina of time guide which they dont sell separately. Now I am going to get the CE of Link between worlds and wind waker HD.. but since this boxed set of guides doesnt have the cloth maps, and is therefore not really the CE edition, I dont know.

I think I may just get the boxed set, sell them all except 3d OoT, buy the 2 I am missing that WIL have the maps, and this way I'll get all the actual complete CEs, still get the cool chest, and save a bit of money overall since I have some to sell and can probably make $10-20 since they wont be opened. I can probably make a good $50 selling 5 of the CEs, thus pretty much paying for skyward sword and wind waker CE (not wii u) that I dont own.

Decisions decisions. Especially since I am stickler for CE stuff being complete. CE guide with no cloth map.. i might as well buy it used at that point

Edit: Oh... the boxed set comes with the Wind Waker HD guide.. so that one MUST have the cloth map right? Since it'll be brand new when this comes out? Cuz upon searching online I do not see the existence of a Wind Waker (gamecube) CE guide. Damn now I really dont know ! I guess ill just get them all and decide what to sell and what to return to amazon. argh damn my OCD for gaming stuff. haha I wish I just bought the others when they came out. what was i thinking

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#573 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Only thing lame about the KH guide is it doesn't come out till 2 weeks after the game does.

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#574 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:26 PM

51NAOX7%2B6TL._SY346_.jpg

Added Fable Anniversary to OP.

#575 pokemega32

pokemega32

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:41 PM

Oh... the boxed set comes with the Wind Waker HD guide.. so that one MUST have the cloth map right? Since it'll be brand new when this comes out? Cuz upon searching online I do not see the existence of a Wind Waker (gamecube) CE guide.

The box set will not contain any of the maps, not even the Wind Waker HD's.

Also, you might want to think about what you plan to do with the Skyward Sword guide, as the box set version has an extra 100 pages the version with the map doesn't.

#576 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

Yea i just read that about the skyward sword guide. People said the regular ce doesnt have appendices of collectible stuff like heart containers and whatnot. I think im just gonna get the boxed set, also get wind waker hd and link between world guided and call it a day. Lol for completionist sake i might still get the original skyward sword ce. We'll see if i wanna blow $30-40 on it.haha Thanks.

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe

#577 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

51NAOX7%2B6TL._SY346_.jpg

Added Fable Anniversary to OP.

Wow, that looks really cool...I'll have to keep an eye on its price (currently $27.47), and if it drops closer to $20, I might pick it up. Thanks! :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#578 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Enchantments?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

Aw sweet! I'm such a big fable fan, that CE guide looks great.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#579 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

Regular paperback version is finally up on Amazon for Batman: Arkham Origins.  Now the wait begins for the hardcover Collector's edition.

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#580 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

Saw the KH HD guide and bought it on Amazon since it's out after the game and GS doesn't have a listing so no major discount from them. Add 100 Magic sleeves to build my Commander deck to get it over $25.

Looking at the original KH 1 paperback guide on Amazon there's a regular listing and a "1st edition" listing that look the exact same. Is there really any difference between them or is the KH 1 guide pretty much worthless now? Thanks in advance.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#581 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

Here's your KH 1.5 cover.

51WF97Q3hGL._SY346_.jpg

#582 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Also updated bonus items in OP.

#583 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

I posted this in the Reduced Guide Thread a few days ago - but wanted to share a few Amazon drops here, too:

The Gears of War Judgment guide is down to just $9.68 on Amazon.

And the Gears of War 3 guide has dropped even lower, to just $7.44.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#584 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

Looks like we finally have a CE guide announced for Batman: Arkham Origins at Amazon for $26.27.

Batman: Arkham Origins Limited Edition Strategy Guide

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#585 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:13 AM

Looks like we finally have a CE guide announced for Batman: Arkham Origins at Amazon for $26.27.

Batman: Arkham Origins Limited Edition Strategy Guide

Your link is broken, but I put a link up in the OP.

Also added Borderlands 2 GOTY to the OP.

#586 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Also added Borderlands 2 GOTY to the OP.

Many thanks Ionotropic for the heads up on Borderlands 2 GOTY guide!  Locked in a preorder.

(I still regret missing the Borderlands 1 GOTY guide... won't let that happen this time!)

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#587 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

I posted this in the Reduced Guide Thread a few days ago - but wanted to share a few Amazon drops here, too:

The Gears of War Judgment guide is down to just $9.68 on Amazon.

And the Gears of War 3 guide has dropped even lower, to just $7.44.

(Self quote FTW)

Gears of War Judgment guide has dropped yet again.  $6.79 now.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#588 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Added Call of Duty Ghosts to OP.

831812b.jpg

#589 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

411m4rpLCvL._SY346_.jpg

#590 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I got an email the other day that my KH guide has been delayed until 10/17. Anyone else?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#591 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

I got an email the other day that my KH guide has been delayed until 10/17. Anyone else?

Yeah, same here.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#592 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

51pYDJpOfhL._SY346_.jpg

#593 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

OP is once again Wiki. Feel free to add stuff when you find it!

Edit: tiredjohn suggested holding off on converting old threads to wiki for now... so we'll wait it out a bit longer.

#594 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

4167Qw-z8mL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

#595 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

Amazon recently emailed me about a change of date for the Wind Waker CE guide, saying it is now unknown. Then today I get another email saying that it already shipped, even though the item page says shipping withing 1 to 2 months. Anyone else got that?

#596 zenosparadox

zenosparadox

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

I got the shipping notice as well.

#597 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

Mine is still showing not yet shipped.

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#598 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

I got an email from amazon that it will arrive middle of october. So that's now two guide in a row (this and KH1.5) that aren't arriving until weeks after the actual game does. Kind of defeats the purpose.

#599 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I got an email from amazon that it will arrive middle of october. So that's now two guide in a row (this and KH1.5) that aren't arriving until weeks after the actual game does. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I would have bought the guide if it was out when the game launched. But now that I got the game for $20, there's no way I'm paying more for the book.

#600 BLink

BLink

Since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Seems like there might be some stock problems, mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow.