Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition, Assassin's Creed Initiate Edition, Hyrule Warriors

679 replies to this topic

#61 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

OK, I think I finally got everything after a few edits. Most notable change is the sexy cover for Skyward Sword and new art for BF3. A few price drops by a buck or less. RDR is OOS FYI, but still taking orders.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#62 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm considering getting the RDR GotY guide, but is it worth it if I already have the standard guide? I mean, sure, it's hardcover and covers more than the regular guide does, but the only info I would be interested in is the Undead Nightmare stuff, not any of the multiplayer.

It would help if a description of what's in the guide was actually on the product page...

Oh, and that Skyward Sword cover really is sexy, and it would go well with my Spirit Tracks CE guide. I hope Amazon posts it soon with a 40% or so lower price. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#63 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

Uncharted 3 came up in my goldbox for 18.04.

#64 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

That Skyward Sword guide looks EXACTLY the same as the Twilight Princess one, down to the cloth map... Just the cover is blue instead of gold.

I didn't think Prima did a good job with the TP one, but ugh. Too many guides coming out too, dammit.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#65 DKRobbie

DKRobbie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:01 AM

Barnes and Noble has the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Collector's edition guide up for preorder at 24.46

http://www.barnesand...ard+sword+guide

Edited by DKRobbie, 14 October 2011 - 02:57 AM.

#66 bbj77

bbj77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:57 AM

Batman AC LE guide is down to $20.99 at Amazon

Edited by bbj77, 17 October 2011 - 12:58 AM.
Typo

#67 LoveLost

LoveLost

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for this I had no Idea we had a thread
Spoiler

#68 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

same. i looked at it and thought 20 cents? eh. i can wait... then decided to cancel and reorder and thought of my friend who was literally short ONE penny on MULTIPLE purchases. and he had to get 99 cents back... once most of it was pennies back...

:lol: 20 cents is 20 cents :) I'm bumping this thread back, there are so many individual ones... This thread has all of the CE guides, very useful.

I think the pre-order price auto adjustment has some sort of "magic" number... The Uncharted 20 cents didn't adjust, but the Batman's $2 something did!

#69 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

:lol: 20 cents is 20 cents :) I'm bumping this thread back, there are so many individual ones... This thread has all of the CE guides, very useful.

I think the pre-order price auto adjustment has some sort of "magic" number... The Uncharted 20 cents didn't adjust, but the Batman's $2 something did!

yea... i've learned not to rely on the amazon preorder guarantee... i just cancel and reorder lol

#70 Minkyboi

Minkyboi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:44 AM

Batman AC LE guide is down to $20.99 at Amazon

Starting tomorrow until the rest of the week it'll be 50% off from the official BradyGames site.

#71 cheapnpoor

cheapnpoor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

I love both cover art for batman and catwoman. Can't decide which one to get, I guess I'll order from Amazon and let them choose for me.

How is the condition of hardcover guides ship by Amazon?

#72 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

Starting tomorrow until the rest of the week it'll be 50% off from the official BradyGames site.

What is shipping like from the BradyGames site?

(and where did you find the info on this 50% sale?) EDIT: ah, apparently the 50% off sale was mentioned on their FaceBook page

Spoiler

#73 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

Amazon is still the better deal. The cheapest shipping option appears to be $4.62 so with the 50% code your total will be $22.12.

What is shipping like from the BradyGames site?

(and where did you find the info on this 50% sale?) EDIT: ah, apparently the 50% off sale was mentioned on their FaceBook page

It's also on the book's product page at their site

#74 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:09 AM

Amazon is still the better deal. The cheapest shipping option appears to be $4.62 so with the 50% code your total will be $22.12.

Yup, I just went through the process of creating a BradyGames account to check the shipping:

Ground: $4.62
2nd Day: $7.75
Overnight: $13.25

I'm thinking about placing an order with Amazon, then telling them about the cheaper price at BradyGames' website when the sale goes live.

^ I'm thinking about it 'cuz I'm not too excited about the guide itself, just the Catwoman cover variant + the lithographs... decisions, decisions...

Spoiler

#75 htown01

htown01

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

I have to disagree with both of you (ssjmichael and raging). Entering the promo code BATMANLE50 brings the cost down to $12.25. I don't think there is a limit to the code, I just ordered 2 for $30.27 ($12.25 x 2 + $5.78 for S&H).

Amazon has it for $20.99. Even if you only order 1 from Brady, you're still saving $2.96.

#76 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Barnes and Noble has the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Collector's edition guide up for preorder at 24.46

http://www.barnesand...ard+sword+guide

I wish I knew when Amazon will have it up for pre-order. They don't have any of the Skyward Sword guides available yet, which seems very odd.

#77 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Posted Image

Looks like MW3 is hardback after all.

Product Description

BradyGames’ Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

BradyGames leads gamers through a spectacular, globespanning campaign in this uncompromising Modern Warfare experience.

-Hardcover book with unique art and printing treatments.
-A-frame map stand displays exclusive illustrations of multiplayer maps, for easy useduring gameplay.
-Includes access to a free strategy video download for Modern Warfare 3.
-Includes all content in the Signature Series Guide.

#78 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

Looks like MW3 is hardback after all.

Product Description

BradyGames’ Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Limited Edition Strategy Guide includes the following:

BradyGames leads gamers through a spectacular, globespanning campaign in this uncompromising Modern Warfare experience.

-Hardcover book with unique art and printing treatments.
-A-frame map stand displays exclusive illustrations of multiplayer maps, for easy useduring gameplay.
-Includes access to a free strategy video download for Modern Warfare 3.
-Includes all content in the Signature Series Guide.

No surprise there, since they did hardback guides for MW1, MW2 and BLOPS.

#79 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

There's now a page on Amazon for the "Studio Edition" guide for Saint's Row The Third (MSRP $24.99, preorder price $15.61), and it has an actual cover: http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b14

I'm not sure if that means there will be some other cheaper version, but it's still cool that this guide comes with some DLC, I guess...and it's apparently 336 pages long. :hot:

EDIT: It's also at Barnes & Noble at the same preorder price (which explains why Amazon has that price :roll:): http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/saints-row-howard-grossman/1105947101?ean=9780307890337&itm=1&usri=saint27s%2brow

Edited by Vigilante, 20 October 2011 - 09:23 PM.
Added B&N link

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

#80 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

^I think that might be the regular version

#81 Boty_27

Boty_27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

Do you guys thinks is worth getting the CE Guide for BF3 being that im a Battlefield Fan? Also im getting Skyrim but haven't played any one of the series do you think getting the CE guide would help?

#82 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Skyrim guide will definitely be worth it. Most of these huge, epic RPGs have so much to do that a guide is helpful. BF3 (or MW3) guide probably won't help too much, especially if you're a seasoned Battlefield (or MW3) player. You already know the loadouts and guns, and the book won't help your aim or calculate your sniper shots. However, if you're just into getting guides for collecting / admiring art, then it may be worth grabbing.

#83 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

If you're getting the BF3 guide, a better option would be at BB since they're taking $10 off if you get it with the game, making it $15. Not as good as the B&N deal that was going around, but you get it on release day. Granted Amazon has retail for $50, so pending tax and other factors it may nullify the deal anyway. Just another option.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#84 dwmacfar2

dwmacfar2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Anybody find a place selling the Saints Row 3 Collector's edition guide yet? Looking to pre-order and get one with the game, it looks sick!

#85 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

i really do like teh catwoman guide for batman. pretty sexy XD

#86 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

Not usually one for buying guides, but when they're laid out all pretty like in the OP, I would like to have a huge library just for these. Think the Skyrim one is worth it, as its a huge RPG. As someone mentioned the ones for the FPS games might not be as useful for me.

#87 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Amazon has a more complete description for the Skyrim CE now:

FREE ACCESS to the interactive world map– Code inside

The interactive world map includes over 150 location maps covering all 9 Hold cities. Each map shows the locations of every vendor, trainer, skill book, NPC, and unique item in the realm. You can toggle points of interest on and off and zoom in and out.

-Large map Poster inside-

Labeled with important locations, major roads, and hold capitals

-A Champion for Skyrim-

Multiple character builds based on hundreds of hours of playtesting reveal exactly what Skills, Perks, equipment, and other items to pick, and how to advance through the game, no matter the type of character you want to be.

-All Collectibles Gathered-
If you’re searching Skyrim for Skill Books, Unique Items and Weapons, every single Shout, Dragon Priest Masks, Treasure Maps, Unusual Gems, or even Captured Critters, we show you where every rare item is.

-The Atlas of Skyrim-
A comprehensive tour of every single location, from the vast Hold Cities to the smallest woodland den. Every major exploration point receives a walkthrough flagging important items, with detailed maps throughout.

-Prowess in Combat-
Every weapon, piece of equipment, and spell is detailed so you know which blade, bow, or incantation to crush your enemies with. Every type of combat is tactically analyzed, so you can better any foe in battle.

-Trainers and Traders-
Skyrim is full of merchants to barter with, and trainers to further increase your Skill, Crafting, and Bartering proficiencies. Every alchemist, blacksmith, innkeeper, trainer, Khajiit caravan, and other vendor revealed.

-Followers and Friends-
Build your friendships across Skyrim and locate every Follower with information inside this guide. Become a Thane. Own property. Marry your favorite Housecarl. Details inside.

-Massive and Complete Index-

And the page count has also changed to a whopping 656 pages (HOLY. CRAP. :hot:). This will be such an epic guide. :applause:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#88 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

If you're getting the BF3 guide, a better option would be at BB since they're taking $10 off if you get it with the game, making it $15. Not as good as the B&N deal that was going around, but you get it on release day. Granted Amazon has retail for $50, so pending tax and other factors it may nullify the deal anyway. Just another option.

Will it really bring it down to $15? I was under the impression that it would take $10 off the MSRP and thus be $25

#89 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:14 PM

Will it really bring it down to $15? I was under the impression that it would take $10 off the MSRP and thus be $25

Perhaps I misread the ad someone posted then, as I assumed it was $10 off 25 rather than it already included the price. Regardless, Amazon has the better deal now that BF3 comes with $20 back. Also, I noticed they're offering 5% off their guides if you purchase it with the game now. Is that new?

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#90 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:10 AM

Thanks for the post. Grabbed BF3, Skyrim, AC:R, and Uncharted 3.

ach.png