Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition, Assassin's Creed Initiate Edition, Hyrule Warriors

683 replies to this topic

#91 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

Perhaps I misread the ad someone posted then, as I assumed it was $10 off 25 rather than it already included the price. Regardless, Amazon has the better deal now that BF3 comes with $20 back. Also, I noticed they're offering 5% off their guides if you purchase it with the game now. Is that new?

That does seem new, and it's 5% off the game price it looks like. So usually it's a savings of $3. Better to look at it as getting $3 off the price of the guide I guess.

#92 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:32 AM

That does seem new, and it's 5% off the game price it looks like. So usually it's a savings of $3. Better to look at it as getting $3 off the price of the guide I guess.

Oh word, even better.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#93 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:03 AM

Will it really bring it down to $15? I was under the impression that it would take $10 off the MSRP and thus be $25

^ thats the way i read the BB ad. not 25 then 10 off, but 25 after ten off

#94 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

Amazon emailed me about canceling my order for the Saints Row: The Third CE guide, due to "a lack of availability from our suppliers".

The item is still listed on Amazon, though the only seller is a third-party seller that supposedly has the guide in-stock, for $139.96 :shock: .

No sign of it on BN.com, though the regular guide is still listed on Amazon and BN.com.

They did the same thing with the Lost Planet 2 CE guide right before release, so I guess Prima didn't get enough pre-orders to justify printing the CE guide, or THQ decided to can it.

#95 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

Was digging into what the UC3 guide would be like; seems like PB has the page up for it if anyone was interested in sample pages, layout, etc...

http://www.piggyback...php?id_guide=57

"CE Guide only available at launch." Not really sure if that means anything, and even then I'm still pretty hesitant to pick up a guide for a shooter.

Defynorz.pngPringerOtaku.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#96 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

PB just makes such good guides. Wish they had done Dark Souls.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#97 backseatdog

backseatdog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

Do you think UC3 guide is worth it? Is $19 a steal at amazon or should I wait for it to go lower?

#98 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

Uncharted 3's ce guide is down a little to $18.80

#99 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

Well mine is shipping soon w/ RDD, at the $18.99 price.

Will let you guys know on Tuesday if it's any good >.<

#100 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

ACR lost 22 cents as well lol.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#101 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

will the SKyrim guide price adjust before shipping or do i need to cancel and re order?
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#102 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

The MW3 guide says paperback in the title of the page but in the description it says hardback. It is hardback correct?

ach.png

#103 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

Did anyone notice a "lump" on the cover of Dark Soul's hardcover guide? What the hell is that? My copy from Amazon is in perfect condition, no dins on the corners, but there's a lumpy pop up around the middle...

#104 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

Do you think UC3 guide is worth it? Is $19 a steal at amazon or should I wait for it to go lower?

Personally, I think PiggyBack guides are really good quality and content from all the ones I've had.

Also, I couldn't find what the CE guide provided over the regular besides a hardcover but found the following on the GS product page

-Includes code for EXCLUSIVE Multiplayer Emblem!
-16 exclusive pages of art not available in the standard edition guide.
-Exclusive audio CD from the Uncharted 3 game soundtrack.

EDIT: Doh! That info is in the OP.

Edited by woodcan, 31 October 2011 - 04:08 PM.
Doh!

Spoiler

#105 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

will the SKyrim guide price adjust before shipping or do i need to cancel and re order?

Check the order online (see the Invoice link), if the price is adjusted, then you're fine. If not, cancel and reorder...

#106 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:59 PM

Uncharted 3's ce guide is down a little to $18.80

Mine shipped at the $18.99 price, so we'll have to see if I get grief from them about the $0.19 back after shipment and before the PPG is done with after tomorrow.

#107 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

Mine shipped at the $18.99 price, so we'll have to see if I get grief from them about the $0.19 back after shipment and before the PPG is done with after tomorrow.

Price down to $17.99 now.

#108 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

The UC2 guide is okay. The CE-exclusive content is just renders of all the major characters in the game with a bio. I wouldn't particularly say the extra cash is worth it unless you love hardcovers.

Most of the book is dedicated to multiplayer and analysis of weapons and what not. The SP/treasure sections aren't lacking, but yeah even after looking through it I'm not sure "shooters" really need guides to begin with. Great job by Piggyback; again, it's just the game choice in this case.

#109 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Price down to $17.99 now.

And that's the price that anyone who pre-ordered it should get it for.

If anyone doesn't get an email from Amazon by Friday showing the pre-order savings, they should email Amazon to get back the difference between what you paid (likely to be $18.80 - $18.99) and the $17.99 final price.

Pre-order price guarantee covers it to 11:59PM on release date, so it's valid here.

#110 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:25 AM

got my dollar back. lol wasnt gonna try to get it back since i'm lazy but... i got it haha

#111 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

FYI, someone reported yesterday that you can get the Skyrim CE in your quick picks and I can confirm that today. Saves you an extra $1.18, so worth the effort!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#112 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:56 PM

FYI, someone reported yesterday that you can get the Skyrim CE in your quick picks and I can confirm that today. Saves you an extra $1.18, so worth the effort!

Will it show up even if you already ordered one? I could use the extra savings.

It might not matter, though; for some reason, I can't get my Quick Picks to appear on the "Today's Deals" page...:bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#113 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Will it show up even if you already ordered one? I could use the extra savings.

It might not matter, though; for some reason, I can't get my Quick Picks to appear on the "Today's Deals" page...:bomb:

No, you would need to cancel your order and check your recommendations first to see if it's there before loading your gold box page for the day. After canceling, it can take 5-10 minutes for the system to recognize you canceled as well. I used my order for Dark Souls guide to get it in my recommendations FYI.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#114 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

My UC3 guide has been showing "Shipping Soon" for like 4 or 5 days now, wtf.

#115 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

My UC3 guide has been showing "Shipping Soon" for like 4 or 5 days now, wtf.

I know I'll be buying my Skyrim guide at GS and later 'returning' it late because of this. Getting real old having everything ship late.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#116 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:20 AM

how do you try to get it in your quick picks? do you just refresh or something? i'd be interested in tryin to save 1.18 (spending too much haha)

#117 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

So, the Fallout: New Vegas "Complete" Edition game has been announced; what are the odds of a "Complete" Edition guide? I'm thinking 25% chance, given how quickly the vanilla edition game dropped (and how many New Vegas CE guides weren't sold, from what I could see).

Similarly, what are the odds of a Skyrim GOTY guide/game in the future? I still think this is a big possibility, given how much hype/anticipation there is, but I guess it depends on how much DLC there's going to be.
vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#118 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

how do you try to get it in your quick picks? do you just refresh or something? i'd be interested in tryin to save 1.18 (spending too much haha)

See my sig or go here.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#119 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Well, that was shockingly easy.

Yesterday, I cancelled my Skyrim CE guide preorder, spent the better part of 2 hours trimming my Recommendations for books (removing all of the philosophy books that were there because of buying my brother's college textbooks helped quite a bit, and yes, I "fixed it" by checking "Don't use for recommendations" for each book :roll:), noticed that the guide was sitting pretty near the top of the list, decided to check my Quick Picks the next day, and lo and behold--the Skyrim CE guide was available for $22.34.

Thanks for the advice, Jodou; because of this, I cancelled my preorder for the ME3 CE guide in the hopes that if the price drops further closer to its release date, I can snag it for a dollar or more cheaper through Quick Picks. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#120 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Well, that was shockingly easy.

Yesterday, I cancelled my Skyrim CE guide preorder, spent the better part of 2 hours trimming my Recommendations for books (removing all of the philosophy books that were there because of buying my brother's college textbooks helped quite a bit, and yes, I "fixed it" by checking "Don't use for recommendations" for each book :roll:), noticed that the guide was sitting pretty near the top of the list, decided to check my Quick Picks the next day, and lo and behold--the Skyrim CE guide was available for $22.34.

Thanks for the advice, Jodou; because of this, I cancelled my preorder for the ME3 CE guide in the hopes that if the price drops further closer to its release date, I can snag it for a dollar or more cheaper through Quick Picks. ;)

NP mate. Would you guys find it helpful if I cross-referenced my thread with this to alert you when a book is eligible for quick picks? To date, ME3 has been spotted once so it should show up tomorrow if you rate your purchase of the Skyrim guide. Make sure it's in your recommendations first though!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg