Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Official CE Guide Wiki: Dragon Age Inquisitor Edition, Assassin's Creed Initiate Edition, Hyrule Warriors

683 replies to this topic

#151 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:55 AM

Yeah, I didn't realize the AC Encyclopedia was going to be essentially limited to preorders. They shipping was horrendous, so I never ordered. Now it's $100+ on Ebay :/

#152 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:05 PM

bumpin for Soul Calibur V and Kingdoms of Amalur update, thanks Vigilante

#153 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Bumping this thread because (a) it's a New Year; and (b) the ME3 CE guide finally appeared in my Quick Picks today for $25.06, so be on the lookout for it. Hopefully it'll drop in price as ME3's release date approaches like FFXIII-2's CE guide did/is doing. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#154 SPVietBoy

SPVietBoy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

Bumping this thread because (a) it's a New Year; and (b) the ME3 CE guide finally appeared in my Quick Picks today for $25.06, so be on the lookout for it. Hopefully it'll drop in price as ME3's release date approaches like FFXIII-2's CE guide did/is doing. ;)

FFXIII-2 also appeared for 19.xx for me. havent checked recently. though i did order the ME3 one already so no point looking for me.

#155 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

Another bump--the covers for the recently-announced Kingdoms of Amalur and SCV guides have surfaced on Amazon, and I think they're way hotter than guide covers have any right to be (especially for Amalur):

KoA: Reckoning:
Posted Image

Soul Calibur V:
Posted Image

:drool:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#156 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Kingdoms of Alamur guide is up on amazon

#157 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

Both KoA and SCV are up for preorder at $24.99 each.

#158 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

just to let everyone know skyward sword collectors is back up on BN.com for 25 bucks.

also does anyone know if the mass effect 3 guide is gunna be done by the same person as mass effect 2 guide? because that one wasnt so hot.

#159 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

500 pages for KOA!?!? That's nuts and great at the same time!

#160 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Both KoA and SCV are up for preorder at $24.99 each.

I don't see where the SCV CE guide shows that it's available for pre-order, just a "notify me" link:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/3869930543/

The UK version is available for preorder on Amazon.co.uk:
http://www.amazon.co...duct/3869930543

13.49GBP + 6.98GBP for standard shipping, so you're looking at about $32 from there.

Also available from Zavvi.com:
http://www.zavvi.com...n/10581302.html

12.95GBP + 0.99GBP shopping, so you're looking at 13.94GBP / $21.34 from Zavvi.

It is a Future Press guide and not all of them make it to the US, so you may want to think about a Zavvi.com or Amazon.co/.uk pre-order.

just to let everyone know skyward sword collectors is back up on BN.com for 25 bucks.

also does anyone know if the mass effect 3 guide is gunna be done by the same person as mass effect 2 guide? because that one wasnt so hot.

The "revised" one that covered PS3 as well as the first three DLC was much better than the previous guide, though a completely different layout.

#161 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Here's the link to the Collector's Edition of Soul Calibur V, shared on Future Press' Facebook page by themselves: http://www.amazon.co...pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1

It seems Amazon just made a mistake and made 2 listings, I think Future Press is doing what they did with Dark Souls and only releasing 1 edition, and that's the Collector's one. The one linked by Future Press is indeed open for pre-order.

Also confirmed by Future Press, that's just a placeholder cover they gave out for pre-order purposes, the cover they'll actually be printing will be same style, different characters.

ithebigc.png

#162 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Here's the link to the Collector's Edition of Soul Calibur V, shared on Future Press' Facebook page by themselves: http://www.amazon.co...pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1

It seems Amazon just made a mistake and made 2 listings, I think Future Press is doing what they did with Dark Souls and only releasing 1 edition, and that's the Collector's one. The one linked by Future Press is indeed open for pre-order.

Also confirmed by Future Press, that's just a placeholder cover they gave out for pre-order purposes, the cover they'll actually be printing will be same style, different characters.

Thanks for the updated link. Preordered it from Amazon.

#163 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:01 PM

Another bump--the covers for the recently-announced Kingdoms of Amalur and SCV guides have surfaced on Amazon, and I think they're way hotter than guide covers have any right to be (especially for Amalur):

KoA: Reckoning:
Posted Image

Soul Calibur V:
Posted Image

:drool:

They look amazing. Added the pics to the OP

#164 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

not a collectors edition guide, but I did find the Elder Scrolls Oblivion guide today at Goodwill for $4! I was pretty excited when I saw that considering Oblivion is one of my favorite games and I've been wanting to get the guide...

#165 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

after playing the demo...

I need to buy Kingdoms of Amalur and it's guide now >_<

February keeps getting more expensive :-(

#166 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

just fixed the KoA: Reckoning link

it was linking to the wrong page

#167 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:41 PM

The KoA guide is now listed at $26.99 on Amazon.

It's only $21.18 at the Book Depository, including free worldwide shipping - my prior experience with them has been good, but as it's coming from England, expect a week to ten days to receive your book.

http://www.bookdepos...s/9783869930565

#168 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

Damn That KoA hardcover guide is sick. Thanks Vigilante, pre-ordered that shit!

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#169 hecaitomix

hecaitomix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

The KoA guide is now listed at $26.99 on Amazon.

It's only $21.18 at the Book Depository, including free worldwide shipping - my prior experience with them has been good, but as it's coming from England, expect a week to ten days to receive your book.

http://www.bookdepos...s/9783869930565

cancelled my amazon order, got this instead, together with the soul calibur 5 ce guide. cheaper, 42.36$ total (49.98$ amazon total), saved me about 7$+ :D, don't really need them asap anyway.

3DS friend code: Hecaitomix: 2380-3115-6693
Safari: Ground Type: Trapinch, Nincada, Gastrodon message me if you added me.
142265.png

#170 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

From the other Kingdom of Amalur pre-order guide thread:

Barnes and Noble has it for $18.21 + $4 Shipping, although shipping is free if you are a BN Member. For some reason the ISBN is different on Amazon, BN, and BD.

http://www.barnesand...m=1&usri=amalur

$16.51 at BN.com now! Everyone please submit a price match on Amazon! :D
vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#171 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

From the other Kingdom of Amalur pre-order guide thread:

$16.51 at BN.com now! Everyone please submit a price match on Amazon! :D

It says Brady Publishing under publisher so I suspect its a different product entirely...

#172 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

It says Brady Publishing under publisher so I suspect its a different product entirely...

Didn't notice that, but I recall FuturePress's Facebook page saying that BradyGames is just the distributor for NA. FuturePress is still the publisher / creating the guide.

EDIT: found the facebook post

We're using Brady to distribute this guide in the US. The details on GameStop's page are wrong, as we are both the publisher and the developer of the title. And it should certainly be "by Future Press", but I hope they're going to fix this soon.
January 24 at 10:24am

vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#173 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

It's the same ISBN number on Amazon. It's hardcover and 500 pages, what else can it be?
http://www.barnesand...n=9780744013948

#174 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

Is the Soul Calibur V guide sold out everywhere already?
Gamestop has it in stock online but looks like it is only available as a bundle with the game!!

#175 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

Gamestop has it in stock online but looks like it is only available as a bundle with the game!!

It's only temporarily OOS at Amazon. Order there if you're not in a rush to get it.

#176 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning is once again available at BookDepository.com (http://www.bookdepos...r/9783869930572). Price is $20.24 with free worldwide shipping.

Added bonus, if you want to PM your name and email address, I can send you a 10% off coupon code through their Spread the Love campaign.

Anyone can do this at: http://www.bookdepos...om/referafriend
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#177 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

My gamestops have it stock. I find it odd though that best buy doesn't stock Future Press guides, just Brady and Prima. I have a 50% off coopin and would love to get the guide for $13.

#178 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Any word/rumor about a FONV GOTY Guide like they did for the previous FO game? I am beginning to think things like this aren't being made as much anymore since the potential market for this kind of thing is really limited. After all, most who would be up to buying a CE guide probably bought the game at launch and not waited for the compilation edition. Which is too bad since I like having a complete guide with all DLC and not just the initial release content.

#179 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Bump for Diablo III LE guide!

Posted Image

#180 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

Ha, I had that in my quick picks yesterday but I'm not sold I need a 400 page guide with outdated knowledge day one. The CE already comes with an artbook, so derp to that too

I forgot about this thread, but it seems the reason was there's nothing coming out soon heh.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg