Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/11/11 to 9/17/11) Deus Ex $35 at Toys R Us & Amazon

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#301 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

I bought Deus Ex at best buy like 2 weeks ago, will they match the price still? I have my receipt still.

Yes, I got my copy price-matched today at Best Buy. Getting it for $35 plus the 500 point pre-order bonus ($10 reward certificate) is awesome. Plus, this purchase put me over the $150 mark, so I got another 500 bonus points. :bouncy:

#302 ivana89

ivana89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:00 AM

called tru and the ps3 version is on sale also.

Just got back from TRU and got the PS3 version for the $34.99 sale price. Was listed as such in their system.

I can confirm that the $35 sale price also applies to the PS3 version in SoCal at Toys R Us. A source inside the store ran the item number in the system and the price is reflected as $35.

i want the PS3 version. anyone got any advice for PM'ing at target? target requires a printed ad and not to be disparaging, but i have to make it as idiot-proof as possible: i had a problem at target PM'ing a fry's ad for RDR b/c the cover art was different :dunce:.

#303 mkivsuptt

mkivsuptt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

YMMV, but I PMed a TRU B1G1 50% off on 3DS games @ BB, and they applied the sale prices BB originally had so I got DoA: Dimensions and Blazblue for $30. Was so close to getting RE: Mercs and Shadow Wars for $30, but they were out of copies of RE: Mercs. :(

I'm hoping to do the same thing and get LoZ: Ocarina 3D for $15 (they have it on sale for $30 this week @ BB, not sure if Target does) but the fact that there is no base offer for Starfox 3D (the lack of GCs for this game is depressing) makes it a little difficult to pull the trigger on. However, if K-mart price matched, we'd be in business. >_>;

Edit: Kind of wish I had gotten DR: Human Revolution as part of the buy 5, get $100 deal @ BB, due to retroactive price-matching. As tempting as it is to get @ $35, I'm going to hold out 'till it hits closer to $20, which I'm sure it will in a few months.

I don't think DE: Human Revolution was part of the buy 5 get $100 GC deal, so you shouldn't feel bad.

#304 Callandor

Callandor

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:30 AM

It's not in their ad, but Best Buy also has the Logitech G35 7.1 Surround PC headset on sale for $84.99, cheaper than Amazon and Newegg right now.

http://www.bestbuy.c...adset&cp=1&lp=1

#305 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:38 AM

errr...BB's gold starter pack is the same offer minus the gamer coupon from the magazine.

#306 hotohori420

hotohori420

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:55 AM

Thank you! Great deal.

#307 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

errr...BB's gold starter pack is the same offer minus the gamer coupon from the magazine.

Probably just a sale arranged to match Newegg's recent one (but they had it for $50 with free shipping :/). However, you could get it for $45 with the coupon @ BB or from Buy.com for the same price more or less, not too long ago.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and find a Mac version of the first game.

No problem, it's not just for story purposes (though it's relevant) but the second game just doesn't even come close to living up to the first. That's why the first just seems like the better game to start with.

I don't think DE: Human Revolution was part of the buy 5 get $100 GC deal, so you shouldn't feel bad.

Really? Could have sworn. That does make me feel better since I can't seem to decide on a 5th game for this fucking promotion, and in retrospect this game would have been a winner.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#308 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Gamestop also has Battlefield Bad Company regular ed. for $20.

It says so on their website.

#309 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

You could always pick up the Zoom for 20% off at TRU. That's in full price :) Or maybe a gaming system.

#310 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Shopkick coupon excludes games and hardware I believe, therefore rendering it useless as a gamer.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#311 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

Figures this week the paper doesn't have the ad in it. My tru won't give me an ad either....now do I want to get it st tru or best buy... :(

#312 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

Does anyone know if Target is getting Bit.Trip Saga for the 3DS? It seems like a title that would have limited availability.

Dang, just found out that Devil Survivor Overclocked isn't being carried in Target stores, so that makes Bit.Trip Saga even less likely. Hopefully, I'm wrong but it now looks like my best chance is to beg BB to get them to PM Target's deal.

#313 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

They're just awful with making these "bonuses" work for them. Does anyone know the 3DS TIV vs. 3DS used price?

Also, for anyone wanting to get into Deus Ex, do NOT play the second game first.

I actually played the second game first when it came out on xbox 1. I liked it and finished it. I also have the first game for pc but never got past the tutorial. I'll play it eventually.

#314 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

PMed Deus at Best Buy yesterday. Have a ton of store credit. Enjoying it so far, we'll see if I actually play through the whole thing lol.

#315 Greenseer

Greenseer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

Defiantly getting Deus Ex. WIN Price!

EduardoNS.pngEduardoNS.png

#316 BalekFekete

BalekFekete

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

PMed Deus at Best Buy yesterday. Have a ton of store credit. Enjoying it so far, we'll see if I actually play through the whole thing lol.

I was denied at two Best Buys today. So, ordered through Amazon and will just return off the original BB receipt. Their loss...
Posted Image

#317 snoopydoggy2002

snoopydoggy2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:49 PM

Do I need the ad to PM at Best Buy? Can I print out the ad. Unfortunately my sunday paper didn't have the TRU ad.

#318 BalekFekete

BalekFekete

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

Do I need the ad to PM at Best Buy? Can I print out the ad. Unfortunately my sunday paper didn't have the TRU ad.

Yeah, you'd need the ad. I needed a PM for the PS3 version, which the TRU ad does not list...leading to the denial. I'm kinda hoping the same manager is working late this week or early next week when I return a copy for full price refund. [-(
Posted Image

#319 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!

The Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum Hits version dont come with VIP codes.....are they serious??!?!?

Now, I had the game before, i bought it day one and had the VIP code, i am just trying to connect to the servers and see if i can use the same one, but it keeps failing.

Just a heads up to those that want to get a copy. NO VIP Code

#320 major morgan

major morgan

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, you'd need the ad. I needed a PM for the PS3 version, which the TRU ad does not list...leading to the denial. I'm kinda hoping the same manager is working late this week or early next week when I return a copy for full price refund. [-(

With how closely the Managers scrutinize the ads, I felt my best chance would be to purchase the game (the PS3 version, mind you) in advance (Saturday) and then go back in store with the (online printed) ad for an adjustment.

Fortunately for me, that proved to work out despite the ad showing only for the 360 version. What really cheeses me off though is how some of these websites make it nearly impossible to print a decent size/quality of their ad; I'm looking at you TRU and Target!

#321 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

With how closely the Managers scrutinize the ads, I felt my best chance would be to purchase the game (the PS3 version, mind you) in advance (Saturday) and then go back in store with the (online printed) ad for an adjustment.

Fortunately for me, that proved to work out despite the ad showing only for the 360 version. What really cheeses me off though is how some of these websites make it nearly impossible to print a decent size/quality of their ad; I'm looking at you TRU and Target!

I purchased the PS3 version on Sunday at TRU for $34.99 and showed them the receipt to try to get the adjustment and yet that didn't even work so I guess I'm gonna have to try another location to try to get this to work. I need the adjustment on the PS3 version as well.

#322 Joseph Condello

Joseph Condello

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

In reference to the Star Wars TRU deal. I couldn't find a TRU ad in the paper but my buddy said I could ask the Best Buy customer service to look it up and they would compensate. Any truth to this? If not how would I go about getting an ad so proof the deal?

edit: I found the deal on the site. Can i just print this and bring it to the store for proof?

#323 DontFlipout

DontFlipout

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

Got my PS3 version for 35, game is awesome so far.

#324 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

Hopefully they have Bit Trip Saga at Target so I can take advantage of the B1G1 50% off sale. Something tells me no.

#325 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

Can anyone tell me how long you have to return a game to TRU? Its unopened and i have the reciept, but no return policy on the reciept.

45 days

#326 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

Pmed Deus Ex at Best Buy, no hassle.

#327 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:55 AM

So how exactly does this work? Kinda new here :P With the Target ad for Star Fox would I need to print out the ad? It doesn't seem to be working online. Also there are no other games right now that I don't have that I'd like, is there any way around that? I.e. returning a game next month (unopened) in exchange for one that I do under the same circumstances? Could I even return one to get SF for $30 in the end? Or does it not work like that at all.

Sorry for the very newbish questions, just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Thanks!

#328 newtype06

newtype06

Coordinator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:05 AM

Amazon has now Deus Ex (PS3) shipping in 2 to 3 weeks. Will that change anytime soon this week? Because I was hoping to get this game ASAP, and not around the time the other games of Fall 2011 are coming out.

#329 cheapsk8ron

cheapsk8ron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:56 AM

The ad does not list the PS3 version of Deus Ex as $34.99. I went to my local TRU and the PS3 version is $59.99 still and the 360 version is on sale for $34.99.... went there for nothing :bomb:

#330 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:58 AM

The ad does not list the PS3 version of Deus Ex as $34.99. I went to my local TRU and the PS3 version is $59.99 still and the 360 version is on sale for $34.99.... went there for nothing :bomb:

Should of taken it to the register, it scans at $34.99.