Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/11/11 to 9/17/11) Deus Ex $35 at Toys R Us & Amazon

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#331 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:00 AM

Amazon has now Deus Ex (PS3) shipping in 2 to 3 weeks. Will that change anytime soon this week? Because I was hoping to get this game ASAP, and not around the time the other games of Fall 2011 are coming out.

Doubt it, they probably got cleaned up from everybody. It can ship earlier, but they are waiting for a restock.

#332 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:07 AM

I was denied at two Best Buys today. So, ordered through Amazon and will just return off the original BB receipt. Their loss...

Before returning the Amazon copy to Best Buy make sure you look at the UPC. Sometimes Best Buy have a different UPC because of the pre-order DLC's being packed inside the case. Just an FYI so you don't waste a trip.

#333 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Can you PM a Target sale at Best Buy?

#334 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Can you PM a Target sale at Best Buy?

You can only price match to a lower price within a 15 mile radius of the Best Buy. If the sale gives the item a lower price, then yes, if it's a B1G1 50% off then no. It has to be the exact price. BB kinda sucks now.

#335 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Damn! It looks like Bit.Trip Saga won't be available in stores at even GS or BB, let alone Target. How depressing.

#336 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

What's up with bit trip availability?

#337 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

What's up with bit trip availability?

Yeah, I just called all my local stores. No one has it in-stock, and even Amazon is showing that it'll take 2-4 weeks shipping. The publisher must have missed their ship date or something.

#338 oiskaio

oiskaio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

You can only price match to a lower price within a 15 mile radius of the Best Buy. If the sale gives the item a lower price, then yes, if it's a B1G1 50% off then no. It has to be the exact price. BB kinda sucks now.

I actually called them today, because i bought from Best Buy.com and PM'd the TRU price. They mentioned it was 25 miles from the BB. If you live in any kind of city, chances are you're within 25 miles of a Target or TRU, it's further than you think.

#339 SW4J

SW4J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

So how exactly does this work? Kinda new here :P With the Target ad for Star Fox would I need to print out the ad? It doesn't seem to be working online. Also there are no other games right now that I don't have that I'd like, is there any way around that? I.e. returning a game next month (unopened) in exchange for one that I do under the same circumstances? Could I even return one to get SF for $30 in the end? Or does it not work like that at all.

Sorry for the very newbish questions, just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Thanks!

So is anyone able to confirm any of what I said? My apologies for the bump to the question, but I'm going to try and hit Target on the return leg of my commute tomorrow and I don't want to do something stupid :P Thanks guys!

#340 Neorub

Neorub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

So i walked into TRU on Sunday looking to simply buy Deus Ex on xbox360. Well after a quick search I found no copies so i asked a sales associate but no dice. So i asked him where I can pick up a copy of the weekly ad so i can price match somewhere else and the gentlemen points me to the customer service desk. I waltz over and ask the young lady "Hey I'm here to pick up the weekly ad." Well to my suprise/bewilderment she said the store only recieved ONE copy of the ad... one labled as the "MASTER" copy. So i ask her if I can take that master copy but was refused. Went straight home and purchased the game on Amazon. Amazon gets more of my money.Thanks TRU.

#341 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:09 AM

So i walked into TRU on Sunday looking to simply buy Deus Ex on xbox360. Well after a quick search I found no copies so i asked a sales associate but no dice. So i asked him where I can pick up a copy of the weekly ad so i can price match somewhere else and the gentlemen points me to the customer service desk. I waltz over and ask the young lady "Hey I'm here to pick up the weekly ad." Well to my suprise/bewilderment she said the store only recieved ONE copy of the ad... one labled as the "MASTER" copy. So i ask her if I can take that master copy but was refused. Went straight home and purchased the game on Amazon. Amazon gets more of my money.Thanks TRU.

Why would you ask if you could take the master copy? Idiot.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#342 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:47 AM

Amazon deal is DEAD!!!!!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#343 Chatomairi

Chatomairi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Was waiting for pay day tomorrow to order Deus Ex: Human Revolution from Amazon but then noticed they up the price to 44.99. I then figured I would just grab a copy from Toys R Us but I checked online and the PS3 copy is full price. Is just the Xbox 360 copy on sale?

#344 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:48 AM

360 version isn't dead. I just ordered a copy.

#345 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

360 version went from 2 to 3 weeks back to in stock this morn. I had the 2-3 week one ordered since I couldn't decide if I wanted the game...still pondering it!

#346 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

That's so stupid, lol. They would do something like that.

#347 Kali

Kali

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

Any reason why at TRU the PS3 version of Deus Ex is back up to the original price? I thought it would last the whole week? Is it the same in stores as online?
Posted Image

#348 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Figures this week the paper doesn't have the ad in it. My tru won't give me an ad either....now do I want to get it st tru or best buy... :(

weekly ad
http://toysrus.shopl...11&pagenumber=2

I bought Deus Ex at best buy like 2 weeks ago, will they match the price still? I have my receipt still.

yes, just bring the receipt

Do I need the ad to PM at Best Buy? Can I print out the ad. Unfortunately my sunday paper didn't have the TRU ad.

^^^

Can anyone tell me how long you have to return a game to TRU? Its unopened and i have the reciept, but no return policy on the reciept.

90 days
http://www.toysrus.c...display=returns

25 miles

What is considered a local retail competitor?
A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

#349 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

Anyone having any stocking issues with the Star Wars blu rays at TRU? I'm going to stop after I get off of work but was hoping they wouldn't be sold out since they're the only ones i've noticed with them on sale this week.

#350 Raiix

Raiix

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

How do the kmart deals work? Do they have to be purchased in-store? I'm interested in the NHL12 deal and I'm a rewards member, but I would need to purchase this online.

#351 jterp7

jterp7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:15 AM

My friend tried it when they did it with Zelda and the register rang both up at full price, so I'm going to go with "no".

i can confirm that it worked at my store.

#352 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:33 AM

Somewhat decent trade in deals at gamestop.

Edited by ROB64, 17 September 2011 - 04:27 AM.

Posted Image

#353 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

The ad does not list the PS3 version of Deus Ex as $34.99. I went to my local TRU and the PS3 version is $59.99 still and the 360 version is on sale for $34.99.... went there for nothing :bomb:

Just get the 360 version. It is better anyway.
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#354 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

With how closely the Managers scrutinize the ads, I felt my best chance would be to purchase the game (the PS3 version, mind you) in advance (Saturday) and then go back in store with the (online printed) ad for an adjustment.

Fortunately for me, that proved to work out despite the ad showing only for the 360 version. What really cheeses me off though is how some of these websites make it nearly impossible to print a decent size/quality of their ad; I'm looking at you TRU and Target!

Ugh, I knowwwwww. Those are actually the two ads I had to print out this past Sunday for PMs and they're so tiny/hard to read, especially for the BB employee since they have to scrutinize it. The manager actually said that I wasn't allowed to print out weeklies anymore (after my second "offense" mind you) and I had to have the actual ad, but my nearest TRU is much further than BB. Part of why I go to BB instead in the first place... Do you think the crappy print options are intentional? I mean, aside from making you get a paper, it makes it a PMing nightmare. I recall the one week TRU had the DJ Hero/Tony Hawk/Band bundles on sale they just happened to not release a paper ad that week.

Tl; dr You may be turned down for ads printed off the computer even if they're obviously applicable in-store. This is of course to prevent PMs of "online-only deals" or "photoshopped weeklies".

I've found this to be YMMV, I PMed a TRU B1G1 50% off at BB with certain titles BB was having a sale on, no problem. However, they're definitely crushing GC PMs now, but from what I've heard on here, that's not universal.

So how exactly does this work? Kinda new here :P With the Target ad for Star Fox would I need to print out the ad? It doesn't seem to be working online. Also there are no other games right now that I don't have that I'd like, is there any way around that? I.e. returning a game next month (unopened) in exchange for one that I do under the same circumstances? Could I even return one to get SF for $30 in the end? Or does it not work like that at all.

Sorry for the very newbish questions, just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. Thanks!

I'm surprised no one else answered your questions, but I'll take a crack at it. You can print out the Target weekly ad (if you can't get one from a local paper, which is preferred) and just take the page with the Star Fox deal to wherever you're PMing (most likely BB or WalMart) its customer service. There isn't really a way around it (though you could trade in the other title somewhere else) and if you return it with the receipt you bought it with, it's YMMV on how much you would get back, if anything. Personally, to save $ on Star Fox, I would either get it at K-mart (with a $15 GC/coupon) or I would buy Star Fox with Star Fox or Star Fox with LoZ 3D (in the case of the latter, PM the deal at BB, they have LoZ 3D on sale for $30 this week).

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#355 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

How do the kmart deals work? Do they have to be purchased in-store? I'm interested in the NHL12 deal and I'm a rewards member, but I would need to purchase this online.

They have to be purchased in-store, correct. The coupon may also only be spent in-store.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#356 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Where the Fuck is this week?