Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/11/11 to 9/17/11) Deus Ex $35 at Toys R Us & Amazon

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#181 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

I bet people will try to buy 2 copys of starfox and return one of them for the full 40 back

They can try but for at least the last year Target prorates promotions like this so both games will show as $30 so it will be a complete fail if they try

#182 Twin65050

Twin65050

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Might get Nicktoons MLB. Didn't even know it was coming out next week.

fs_xbox.png

#183 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:17 AM

Dammit Best Buy, Dammit. You seriously disappoint me. Zombieland with Dead Island? We don't care about a Blu-ray more than a lower price. No deal on Dead Island this week either and Rise of Nightmares didn't go down even do if I got it somewhere else it would be cheaper even WITH your coupon.

#184 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:19 AM

Was hoping that bestbuy would match amazon for the 42 $ killzone 3 hellghast edition as my bestbuy has a stack of them
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#185 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:35 AM

I love when they have sales in their adds that aren't even sales. A good chunk of this stuffs just MSRP listed crap

#186 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

Damn, was hoping for something interesting on Gunstringer.
Posted Image

#187 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

Buying Ultimate edition is pointless since the codes expired...

I think they are still valid despite being expired

Also the Vietnam DLC is 1/2 price right now on the 360, well worth it.
Posted Image

#188 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:18 AM

Any chance BB will price-match this?

:360: Xbox 360 4GB Kinect console bundle $299.99 (free $50 Target gift card with purchase)

They are currently running this offer, but I think it ends on Sunday and I won't have the cash to buy this until next week.
607033.png

#189 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think they are still valid despite being expired

Also the Vietnam DLC is 1/2 price right now on the 360, well worth it.

why the hell do companies put experation dates on DLC? I dont understand. Im one of those people that buys games then doesn't play them for ages because of my backlog. I wonder how many games i've friggin lost the extras on because of this bullshit policy

Seriously. Whats the reason? if you buy a game that advertises it comes with some bonus, where do they get off making that worthless if you wait 6 months or a year before playing it?

christ, i just remembered i never redeemed my dark cloud thing for Dissidia, i wonder if thats friggin expired too. Damn im irritated right now. Wonder if my Fable III CE stuff is any good still

#190 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

The codes might still work. I picked up the Uncharted 2 GOTY around July and my code worked. The expiration date on the insert was Oct. 2010.

#191 Tsnake617

Tsnake617

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

why the hell do companies put experation dates on DLC? I dont understand. Im one of those people that buys games then doesn't play them for ages because of my backlog. I wonder how many games i've friggin lost the extras on because of this bullshit policy

Seriously. Whats the reason? if you buy a game that advertises it comes with some bonus, where do they get off making that worthless if you wait 6 months or a year before playing it?

christ, i just remembered i never redeemed my dark cloud thing for Dissidia, i wonder if thats friggin expired too. Damn im irritated right now. Wonder if my Fable III CE stuff is any good still

You could just use the code as soon as you get the game even if you don't plan to play it. Most of the DLC in special editions is almost worthless, so you wouldn't miss out on much if you lost it.

#192 Magicman103

Magicman103

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:42 PM

The codes might still work. I picked up the Uncharted 2 GOTY around July and my code worked. The expiration date on the insert was Oct. 2010.

Naughty dog said that it was a typo. It was supposed to say October 2011 not 2010.
Posted Image

Check out this link to earn some cash by doing surveys!
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/9860393

#193 King Royalty

King Royalty

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

anyone knows if there will be a gift card deal when you buy gears of war 3?

#194 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy has the Kinect bundles that include Child Of Eden yet? That would be worth it for effectively $125.
Posted Image

#195 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

With the 50% extra credit some GS are running, you could probably make a nice profit with that 50% of a second game if you bought SF643D

#196 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

I love when they have sales in their adds that aren't even sales. A good chunk of this stuffs just MSRP listed crap

Companies put products in ads that are regular price to notify anyone reading it that they sell it there and/or have it in stock.

#197 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

I got the ad today and was looking at it and it only shows the x360 version and doesn't mention anything about the ps3 version.

i wanted to price match it at walmart, but i don't think i can since the ps3 version is not shown on the ad.

ugh, seriously? So this is only for the 360? :cry:

#198 Liquid Drizzle

Liquid Drizzle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Is the weekly AD in store already? I want to take it to Best Buy so I can price match.

#199 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

Have $200 in BB store credit, will be PMing Deus Ex

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#200 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

the starfox deal is basically getting it for 30. Just buy starfox and another 39.99 game. Youll spend 60 dollars. Then return the other game and theyll give you 30 bucks for it. so total spent for starfox = 30 bucks.

Or instead of being sleazy with borderline scam behavior, you could buy it this week at Target and get a $15 videogame coupon.

#201 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

I'm probably going to pick up that Nyko Zoom. I can play kinect pretty well on my current setup
, but I have to back up to my couches. It'll be nice playing a little close to the tv.

#202 joshrocker

joshrocker

Hanging on the seedy side of the game store

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

As long as Empire is untouched I'm cool. I can learn to live with changes in the other ones, still dont get the young vader spirit though.
I just hope I don't laugh at the end of Jedi the way I did at the end of Sith - that "noooo!" was the single most inappropriate thing in any movie ever.

I grew up on star wars but I guess I wasn't that loyal of a fan because all of the changes don't really bother me. I can see why some people would be upset but I think its become the cool thing to do and people are jumping on the bandwagon.

#203 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

Splinter cell 3ds is 19.99 in my BB flyer for next week.

#204 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Anyone know if Best Buy has the Kinect bundles that include Child Of Eden yet? That would be worth it for effectively $125.

Are those bundles the Kinect only, or do the Console/Kinect Bundles include COE now too?
607033.png

#205 Silence4520

Silence4520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Will best buy price match toy r us dues ex price today?

#206 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

Are those bundles the Kinect only, or do the Console/Kinect Bundles include COE now too?

Think the console kinect get them in October, if I remember right from a joystiq article. Or sometime before the holiday season.

#207 mozesx

mozesx

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

ugh, seriously? So this is only for the 360? :cry:

in case it is,you can try going to walmart like i did, worked for me

#208 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

in regards to the Target "Buy starfox get xyz game 50% off" does it state "any OTHER game" or could it be used to buy two copies of Star Fox? Anyone know?

Thanks

P.S. Not many good deals next week (except the TRU Deus Ex promo)

My friend tried it when they did it with Zelda and the register rang both up at full price, so I'm going to go with "no".

#209 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

in case it is,you can try going to walmart like i did, worked for me

Alas, checked my Walmart this afternoon, they're all out of Deus Ex. :(

May try Sears though if it is in fact X-Box only...

#210 keithnoir

keithnoir

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

I grew up on star wars but I guess I wasn't that loyal of a fan because all of the changes don't really bother me. I can see why some people would be upset but I think its become the cool thing to do and people are jumping on the bandwagon.

I think its a really touchy subject when an artist adds or removes objects from a "completed" work of art that's accepted and enjoyed by so many people. So many people think the original version of the films are perfect the way they are. I don't think most people are upset that things in the film are added or changed, they are upset that they are not even given access to the original version of the film.

To most people editing a film and not release the original version makes them think the older versions are inferior.