CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1679 replies to this topic

#1021 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun. I used to have some Roces Majestic 12s when I was in highschool. I was a big kid back then too so I never really did much with them, but I loved following around the other kids and work the camcorder. I think I might have to buy some inline skates as a reward when I hit 220.

Don't wait man. Do it NOW. It's a great work out.

#1022 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

On a different anti-biotic for my digestive problems, but my samples turned out negative so looks like I'll have to get a colonoscopy at the age of 22 -- sigh.

I've also given up dairy as I'm testing for lactose intolerance, and so it's difficult to get the protein I need. The whey shakes were so convenient...

UjCoyFa.png

#1023 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

It's so hot outside...do I really want to go do my 5K?

I know the answer, I just want someone to say no...:mrgreen:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1024 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

There are probably temperatures you should avoid running in, in all seriousness.

UjCoyFa.png

#1025 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

There are probably temperatures you should avoid running in, in all seriousness.

yeah, if you are in the heat wave right now it is not a good idea to go running in the middle of the day. I was sweating balls this morning INSIDE and it was only 5:30 a.m. - double the sweat of a typical workout to the point I was slipping on it. Some girl was looking at me like I was mental or something because I was jumping around like a madman and sweat was just pouring off of me all over the place.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1026 cjacks9

cjacks9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

Height 5' 10'' usually
Starting Weight: 261
Today's Weight: 244.6
Goal Weight: 220

Slow progress. But continual. I stopped lifting every other day to doing at-home dvds to get my girlfriend motivation (mostly Slim in 6, which had me sweating profoundly more than lifting or cardio on my own).

Now I'm back to flipping between Slim in 6, P90X, cardio/fat burn on the elliptical, and the occasional lifting. I need to focus on one or two things and stick with that for a while.

I also started using MyFitnessPal along with LoseIt, which I've been using for 6 months. I think I'm liking the first one better.

#1027 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:52 AM

Well, I did it, and in record time. Nothing was more motivating than getting the hell out of it. Think I ruined it by eating about 20 Chicken Nuggets, but I was never so hungry after a run.

Did feel light headed too, but I think I needed to rehydrate.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1028 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

I hit up a local skate park today and busted my shin, but not too bad luckily. This was good motivation for me to get some wrist guards and shin guards. Better to spend $100 on protection rather than time in a cast...lolz.

I worked the shit out of my quads trying to ride the mini-ramp though. I'm in SOOOO much pain right now and barely had the strength to drive home. I'm gonna go back on Monday. :D

#1029 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

How has everyone been? Reading through this page. Javery, did you ever get back to your routine, or has the wife kept you on lockdown?

It's so hot outside...do I really want to go do my 5K?

I know the answer, I just want someone to say no...:mrgreen:

I say do it. :) I run outside in the Las Vegas desert heat quite a bit. Never had a problem.

I have shaken things up and enacted changes.

Back on supplements—and found my perfect stack. Driven Sports Activate Xtreme, Purus Labs D-Pol, AI Sports TestoPro, and the last piece of the puzzle I recently discovered, Axis Labs Myodex. That stack, when stacked with my T therapy, has made me feel fantastic. (Never went into detail, but the T therapy itself only raises my levels to a normal.) I tried AEN APE but that didn't work for my biology. The stack probably only raises my levels a small bit over normal, but it works.

Also placed myself on calorie restriction for about a month and counting. Keeping the calories around 1200 a day. Adhering to my low-sugar, very clean vegan eating is easy. This calorie restriction stuff is awful. Only doing it because I'm trying to lean-out more. Been mostly working a 70-30 more cardio less strength training ratio, while trying to squeeze in grappling and striking classes when ever I can find the time. Arms have shrunk an inch or two (probably around 16-17 inches). Not that they're the only way to work the arms, but I stopped bicep curls. It's an exercise that always inflames my elbows (which, in turn, makes it difficult to open my hands).

Here's my progress photo for June.
Spoiler

#1030 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

Chase - 1200 seems way too low for the amount of activity you do. I'd be worried that would put you into starvation mode. Do you feel like you have enough energy?

My progress has been not that great. For the last three weeks I have not monitored my calories at all. I have continued eating what I ate when I was monitoring, just more of it. My lowest weight when I was still counting calories was 180 pounds, but now I'm up to around 187. I think the rapid gain is partially because of the way my eating habits change in the summer. I tend to have little to no appetite all day when it's hot and then get a monster appetite after 8pm since I've ate so little throughout the day. So tomorrow I'm starting to use Lose It again to see if I can get back on track.

Despite gaining 7 pounds, I've lost another 2 inches off of my waist bringing me down to 32" -- how 42" jeans were ever snug on me I do not know. I've also made improvements in my calisthenics and my run times are still between 6~7 minute/mile. I can maintain that pace up to 3 miles but after that I tend to slow down to an 8 minute/mile pace.

Here's my progress picture:

Spoiler

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1031 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

How has everyone been? Reading through this page. Javery, did you ever get back to your routine, or has the wife kept you on lockdown?

I am back with a vengeance. Ever since school ended 2 weeks ago I've been going pretty much every day alternating between insanity and lifting M/W/F and a 5 mile run T/Th. I was at the beach all weekend and seeing family members for the first time in a few months and a couple people said I looked like I was in great shape which was nice to hear.

You look thinner for sure.

blindinglights - the pic isn't showing for me but that's awesome about the waistline. At this point your weight doesn't matter as much - especially if you are fitting in 32s.

#1032 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

Chase, looking good man. Don't drop too low on the calories, but I can't say much today. I'm going to be running on roughly ~1300 today, ~1900 tomorrow, ~1300 wednesday, and ~1900 thursday/friday to make up for the weekend.

Javery, that is awesome. I had a similar experience this weekend at a family reunion. Got to the slightly awkward point with everyone talking about it (and a few too many pictures lol) but it felt good.

Also, your picture didn't show up for me either blinding lights.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#1033 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Still hitting my Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday lift nights. I'm gonna be running on Monday and Friday and likely drop my Wednesday run. (But, I'm also gonna up the Monday and Friday runs to 10+ miles).

Also likely going to be picking up a bicycle at the end of the week (finally).

#1034 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

You will absolutely love biking, though I live relatively near to you and know you will hate the heat we've been having.

Anyone ever have "fat" days? I feel like I'm huge today...the mirror says different, but I feel like I gained 10 pounds over the weekend.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#1035 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Troy: Did you eat a lot of salt by any chance? Whenever I go out to a restaurant and eat I always hold water for few days and that makes me feel "fat" for a day or two until I get a couple good runs in and sweat it out.

I think the picture didn't show up because I didn't have the CAG photo album set to public, maybe this will work:

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1036 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

You will absolutely love biking, though I live relatively near to you and know you will hate the heat we've been having.

Anyone ever have "fat" days? I feel like I'm huge today...the mirror says different, but I feel like I gained 10 pounds over the weekend.

What blindinglights said. Depending on what you eat, you can look a little bloated.

Speaking of blindinglights, it looks like you're getting your flex on, dude! Flex harder next time and spread those wings.:lol: The V getting off to a great start.

#1037 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Damn. I hate you guys and your super-flat abs. Hahah - nice work!!

#1038 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Chase - 1200 seems way too low for the amount of activity you do. I'd be worried that would put you into starvation mode. Do you feel like you have enough energy?

Firstly: Nice work, Blinding. I am impressed. And I've been doing four 300 calorie meals throughout the day. I feel okay. Not starving but definitely not as happy as I could be. I'm thinking about raising it to four 400 calorie meals a day or 1600 calories.

I am back with a vengeance. Ever since school ended 2 weeks ago I've been going pretty much every day alternating between insanity and lifting M/W/F and a 5 mile run T/Th. I was at the beach all weekend and seeing family members for the first time in a few months and a couple people said I looked like I was in great shape which was nice to hear.

Nice work, sir. When you posted your progress photo, I remember being really impressed. In particular, being impressed with the type of definition you had acquired.

I had a similar experience this weekend at a family reunion. Got to the slightly awkward point with everyone talking about it (and a few too many pictures lol) but it felt good.

You guys definitely deserve the praise. Hard work, man. Always a good feeling when it pays off.

#1039 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Sometimes I wish I were shorter. I actually envy you guys that can eat so little and still make gains. I'm currently at 4000 calories daily, and it's a real pain in the ass preparing and eating that much food every day.

#1040 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Sometimes I wish I were shorter. I actually envy you guys that can eat so little and still make gains. I'm currently at 4000 calories daily, and it's a real pain in the ass preparing and eating that much food every day.

That's a swimmer's diet, sir. How tall are you? I know a guy who's, say, 6-feet 7-or-9-inches and he eats that amount of calories to stave off starvation.

I pulled between my shoulder blades while doing reps while exhausted. Can't turn my neck. I should have known better. Such an amateur mistake.

#1041 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

May 30th:

Spoiler

July 4th:

Spoiler

I need to clean my mirror I think :lol:

#1042 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Okay, getting back into the zone - work is going to make it difficult but as long as I do either one of the DDP Yoga routines or 20 minutes of intervals on the bike I'll be happy. Ideally I will do both - which I did Monday and Tuesday (my days off) but just did the bike tonight.

I think I need a new scale, it fluctuates between 276, 278, and 280 depending on where I place it on the floor.

#1043 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

With the scale, just find a set place to keep it and make sure it doesn't move :P

I forgot to post my wednesday way in with the progress pics, I was at 177.6. I don't think I can go any lower, I honestly am not trying to lose anymore weight at this point, I know I can't get lower without losing muscle. I threw my low calorie plan for the week out the window (the one I made when I had a "fat" day LOL).

#1044 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

I finally ordered the Withings scale...mostly for a body fat number (as long as it's constant, I'm not *too* worried about minor inaccuracy). Had some GC's to burn.

#1045 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Went through old photo albums and found a pic of me at my biggest. Dear god. First day of high school. Looked depressed as hell here.

Posted Image

For reference, I took this today.

Posted Image

seanr1221.png

#1046 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Great job man, I was pretty big in high school too... Frozen pizzas, bagel bites, crispy chicken strips, pizza rolls, taquitos, hot dogs, cheeseburgers -- eating all the good stuff tends to do that. :-(
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1047 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Dang sean, that is truly impressive.

Was bored while my wife was working yesterday, went on a 30.5 mile bike ride. It was very relaxing, and I felt pretty good after I was done. Other than that, I think I had a 2,000 calorie meal Saturday at Red Robin...yum.

#1048 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

I was thinking I haven't checked this thread in a while. Glad to see everyone is still maintaining, and that several new peeps have joined the fun.

As for me, still going strong between 185-190. Still running 5K's every other day, basketball 2 days a week and 'Lawn Care' Saturday and Sunday. I did add resistance band workouts for arms, shoulders, chest and back and using the torso weight machine in addition to stomach crunches to try and flatten my mid-section...doesn't seem to be working yet, as I still have the flab.

The best part about this is I'm still not dieting...just making better choices/cutting down quantity. Maybe losing 10 more pounds will help with the flab, I'm just not ready to diet again, even if it's just 10 lbs. Felt good to go down the shore and go in the ocean without a T-shirt on. For once, I wasn't embarassed.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1049 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

I'm liking my Withings scale...though like I kinda figured, I don't think I believe the BMI it's telling me. (But, at least it stays constant.)

Here's me today, after mowing some grass. 160 pounds. (Got a little too much sun.)
Spoiler

#1050 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Fuck yeah sean. That is truly impressive.

Rig - I would kill to be that thin. I can see your abs and you aren't even trying.