Photo
- - - - -

CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1691 replies to this topic

#1051 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

Sean— Man, that is truly impressive. And I thought I had to overcome a lot. That's an infomercial promo shot if I ever saw one. :)

Glad to see you keeping your eyes on the prize, 83. If possible, I recommend squats (Olympic, kettlebell, whatever you have around; sack of rice). Works abs, as well as back, legs, triceps, and a few other muscle areas. Keep at it, sir.

Damn you, Rig, and your lean-ass lean-ass-ness! ... ;)

I quit calorie restriction. That was no fun. Started a new stack which is just two things. Anabolic Freak and Myodex. I think, in the long-run, it'd be cheaper to drive down through Mexico, walk into Costco, buy their generic AndroGel, and smuggle that back into the U.S. ...Not that my prescription shot-in-the-ass T therapy is cheap, but I'm interested to see what an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone ratio would feel like.

Inspired by Sean, I dug up an old high school photo and paired it with a recent shot.

Spoiler

I destroyed a lot of these—and have always been reluctant to share them with anyone. But, I prefer to be honest with you guys. <fistbump>

#1052 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

Dang sean, that is truly impressive.

Was bored while my wife was working yesterday, went on a 30.5 mile bike ride. It was very relaxing, and I felt pretty good after I was done. Other than that, I think I had a 2,000 calorie meal Saturday at Red Robin...yum.

Fuck yeah sean. That is truly impressive.

Rig - I would kill to be that thin. I can see your abs and you aren't even trying.

Sean— Man, that is truly impressive. And I thought I had to overcome a lot. That's an infomercial promo shot if I ever saw one. :)

Glad to see you keeping your eyes on the prize, 83. If possible, I recommend squats (Olympic, kettlebell, whatever you have around; sack of rice). Works abs, as well as back, legs, triceps, and a few other muscle areas. Keep at it, sir.

Damn you, Rig, and your lean-ass lean-ass-ness! ... ;)

I quit calorie restriction. That was no fun. Started a new stack which is just two things. Anabolic Freak and Myodex. I think, in the long-run, it'd be cheaper to drive down through Mexico, walk into Costco, buy their generic AndroGel, and smuggle that back into the U.S. ...Not that my prescription shot-in-the-ass T therapy is cheap, but I'm interested to see what an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone ratio would feel like.

Inspired by Sean, I dug up an old high school photo and paired it with a recent shot.

Spoiler

I destroyed a lot of these—and have always been reluctant to share them with anyone. But, I prefer to be honest with you guys. <fistbump>

Thanks guys, really appreciate the kind words. Chase, you've made similar huge imporovements, so congratulations to you too.

Leaving for the beach tomorrow night. Thursday-Sunday my stomach is going to get wrecked. May the fitness gods have mercy on me.

seanr1221.png

#1053 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

After perusing Barstarzz, I can't help but think that there's something more going on beyond eating right and calisthenics going on especially after all the super ripped guys having LOTS of mass. I'm going to try another 6 week push up/pull up program to try and build some mass this time. Let's see how long it takes to go from 1 pull up to more than one. Busting out 15 reps is different when weighing 125 compared to 165.:rofl:

#1054 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

I agree completely. I've been lifting weights for a long time and this is as big as my arms can possibly get:

Spoiler

I'm convinced that in order to get any bigger I'd need to start taking some serious supplements. A tan on my pasty body wouldn't hurt either but I don't have the time or the patience for that.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1055 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:36 PM

Impressive stuff here guys. Congrats on all of your success. :applause:

I'll be posting here now, as i have to start getting back into shape. Im 6'0, currently about 240/50 and need to loose the fat ive gained from being lazy. >_<

Incredible how much healthier i eat when im not in a relationship and by myself. LOL! Its true.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#1056 bacun

bacun

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Went through old photo albums and found a pic of me at my biggest. Dear god. First day of high school. Looked depressed as hell here.

For reference, I took this today.

Is true what they say about fat peoples faces,you looked just like me .I weight like 400 at me heavies lost 250 in a 15 months and nwo im back at 200.Lost the motivation

#1057 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:36 PM

Okay relocated the scale upstairs to the bedroom so I can keep it in one spot - going to weigh in every Saturday morning. 272.3 from 337, 64.7 lbs hopefully gone forever.

#1058 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Nice job diddy - that's a lot of weight.

I effed myself yesterday. My back completely gave out trying to lift a bag of grass when I was mowing my lawn. I skipped the workout today and I'm still uncomfortable. Fuckfuckittyfuckfuckfuck.

#1059 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

dang dude that blows, back issues tend to just stay with you. take it real light and easy you don't want to do more damage than what is already done.

my wife has started working out with me, we'll see how that goes.

last week i biked 120 miles. took a few days off and my legs feel fresh, and the mass is definitely increasing. I can see myself gaining a few pounds (of leg muscle) in the next few weeks here.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1060 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

Yes, well done, Diddy. Keep on keeping on, good sir.

I second what Troy said. That sssuuucks, Javery. Take time to recover 'cause otherwise back problems have a tendency to keep you company for a while.

One-hundred-and-twenty-miles sounds like a lot of miles. No— No wait— One-hundred-and-twenty miles—is—a lot of miles. That is impressive.

And I have had the girlfriend play accompaniment during my training. As of now, she's joined a few of my Muay Thai classes. She hates joining my workout sessions because I don't like to chat when I workout.

#1061 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

So vacation killed me. Went from 179 to 187. Havent dropped any of the weight from Sunday. Eating super clean now. Never again, the shitty food wasn't even enjoyable.

#1062 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

LOL that is one thing I noticed too. Had a family event a few weeks ago...figured I'd pig out. Took a few brats, big sandwich etc. Ended up giving all but one of the brats away, focusing on the meat in the sandwich and took off the dressing lol. I'm so boring, but it feels good for my body.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#1063 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Ouch, Jav...take care of that back. Don't do too much!

I really need to look into the trails around my house. 120 is very impressive, Troy.

That sucks that the food wasn't enjoyable, Sean. You hope that when you know you're going to splurge, the food will be good. When I went to the shore a few weeks ago, that was the best 8 lbs I put back...that weight will drop pretty quickly too.

For fun, I put on my sons' Nike Combat Compression shirt and walked around the house. I LIKE the fact that I could get into it. I LOVE the fact that it pulls in that little bit of flab I still have under my belly button, so I actually feel like I don't have a belly. I DOUBLY LOVE the reaction I got from my wife..."WOW, you have what looks like a 3 and a half pack". It's nice to hear because I was wondering if the ab work I've been putting in is helping.

My range is now in the 187-190 range (up from the 185-188 range), but I wonder if that has to do with less cardio, more resistance bands exercise I've been doing...or if I need to go back to my diet.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1064 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

My range is now in the 187-190 range (up from the 185-188 range), but I wonder if that has to do with less cardio, more resistance bands exercise I've been doing...or if I need to go back to my diet.

I'm in a similar spot. Last Friday I was at 183lbs. which was about 3lbs. more than usual (I've been hovering between 178 and 180 since I lost the extra weight last year) but I have recently added some additional weights to my routine (at the expense of about 12-15 minutes of cardio). My diet hasn't been totally clean though - I've been eating really good but since I'm at the shore a lot on the weekends I've been snacking - but I'm wondering if the weight gain is because of the change in my routine. I really really really want to get down to 175lbs. but I don't know how short of starving myself and we all know that is the worst thing to do for long-term success.

Also, I skipped the workout again this morning but I think tomorrow I'll be good to go. My back is still sore but much less than yesterday. I need to get in solid workouts the next 3 days because I'm on vacation all next week and while I plan to exercise daily at the beach I also plan to eat ice cream and maybe even have a few drinks.

#1065 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Started up a "Strength training" class(basically using dumbbells to do a bunch of stuff) at the gym, 2 classes so far out of 9. Hoping to learn some good techniques from class so can continue to do stuff (as well as see some results after the 9th week)

#1066 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

That sucks that the food wasn't enjoyable, Sean. You hope that when you know you're going to splurge, the food will be good. When I went to the shore a few weeks ago, that was the best 8 lbs I put back...that weight will drop pretty quickly too.

I kind of want to get tested for CCI. Complex carbohydrate intolerance. I couldn't stop gassing and having diarrhea at one point. Really uncomfortable.

#1067 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

Since I started dieting / getting serious about staying in shape I've had the worst gas of my life.

#1068 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Since I started dieting / getting serious about staying in shape I've had the worst gas of my life.

I hope you're staying off the prune juice?:lol:

#1069 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

LOL - same here. About 2 weeks ago I switched to "salad only" dinners to try and slim down (basically a large salad with some sort of protein mixed in like grilled chicken or ham or hard boiled egg whites, etc.) and I have been busting ass like a goddamn world champion.

#1070 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

It's definitely been the opposite for me. Once I cleaned my diet up, I had far less gas and bloating (which I kinda suffered with before).

#1071 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

So vacation killed me. Went from 179 to 187. Havent dropped any of the weight from Sunday. Eating super clean now. Never again, the shitty food wasn't even enjoyable.

This is what happens when you cheat, sir. ;) I say that mostly in jest.

As of last night, I'm down to 175 from 186. Lost a lot of water weight over the past many days.

Started up a "Strength training" class(basically using dumbbells to do a bunch of stuff) at the gym, 2 classes so far out of 9. Hoping to learn some good techniques from class so can continue to do stuff (as well as see some results after the 9th week)

Nice! Work hard and achieve those goals. Good luck!

It's definitely been the opposite for me. Once I cleaned my diet up, I had far less gas and bloating (which I kinda suffered with before).

My body agrees with Rig. The only time I have had bad gas is when I consumed protein supplements, specifically powders. I go through phases of bloating, though, depending on what supplements I'm taking and how much cardio I do.

#1072 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

I can eat 6 eggs and 3 scoops of whey in a day and not bust ass once.

#1073 AndrewCP

AndrewCP

I'veGotBallsOfSteel!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Well the last 2 weeks of training I have been doing at least an hour of cardio on any training day (5-6 days a week) and some days weights as I normally would but medium-high weights and high reps. I look much leaner now and can actually see my abs so I'm definitely satisfied! Haven't checked weight yet but all that matters for me is how I look in the mirror and I'm very happy and will be reaching my goal in no time.

Just 6 months ago friends were reminding me how much weight I gained (20 or more pounds) especially in my face. I even noticed by stomach was getting a little soft. By no means fat but not ripped. I was still lifting weights but not as often and eating way more than I should have. I don't think I ever want to try this "bulk up" thing again. I'll stick to maintaining leanness while gaining muscle.
Posted Image
Thanks to QiG for the kick-ass Duke Nukem Cocksmas Avatar

#1074 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hello guys, haven't been in this thread (don't really need to, lost my weight long ago, just basic maintaince now proud to say) I have been trying to strengthen my core and lose a few pounds before my twins are born, as I work outside and will gain it back when I'm off work and my wife and I can't sleep or do anything but eat :P

I recently found out I have Spondylolisthesis (anterolisthesis) at the L5-S1
(vertebrae) level, which explains the back pain I've had for YEARS( was told 6 years ago I just pulled a muscle, LOL). I also have a slight malformation in the L5 ( or L4, can't
remember). Luckily my discs are excellent which may be helping hold be together better. Being mid 20s, though, I'm not looking forward to this particular aspect of my life ( and potentional spinal fusion if it gets worse)

ANYWAY, that's one reason I am thinking a stronger core may help my spine, in my thinking anyway, and I was looking into which exercises to do. My go to idea was crunches and sit up, but then I found this article:

http://www.thatsfit....s-help-or-hurt/

Maybe a lot of you already know, but anyone like me needs to stay far away from them.

Edited by 6er, 20 July 2012 - 10:45 PM.

#1075 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Hey, 6er. Welcome! :)

I recommend medicine ball-based workouts to my friends with back issues. Lower impact but super-effective for endurance and core.

http://www.menshealt...ne-ball-workout

This is the actual website and routine I direct people to. I gave my friend my medicine ball, and need to buy a new one. Seeing that website again makes me want to try that stuff again.

I have spent this week recovering from cuts and bruises. Chopped wood to start the week and opened up holes in my hands. Later in the week, three large dogs attacked my tiny dogs, and I acquired rope burn on my open sores and all over my hands. And, somewhere, in the chaos, I apparently ended up with bruises from bite marks.

Hope everyone has been keeping on task. :)

#1076 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

This weekend is gonna be bad.

Gonna be out of state with no real chance to workout. I'll still do my best food-wise, but, I'll be workout free for five days straight or so. :/

#1077 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Hey, 6er. Welcome! :)

I recommend medicine ball-based workouts to my friends with back issues. Lower impact but super-effective for endurance and core.

http://www.menshealt...ne-ball-workout

This is the actual website and routine I direct people to. I gave my friend my medicine ball, and need to buy a new one. Seeing that website again makes me want to try that stuff again.

I have spent this week recovering from cuts and bruises. Chopped wood to start the week and opened up holes in my hands. Later in the week, three large dogs attacked my tiny dogs, and I acquired rope burn on my open sores and all over my hands. And, somewhere, in the chaos, I apparently ended up with bruises from bite marks.

Hope everyone has been keeping on task. :)

Wow, your dogs okay?

The link I posted(and pdf in it) said the bicycle manuever causes no real spine stress and is 310% more effective than crunches on abdominal areas so I think I'll give that a try. Should be easy to figure out if its true with 210% difference!

Edited by 6er, 21 July 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#1078 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

found out I'm at 174 today...first weigh in since about 2.5 weeks ago. weird man.

#1079 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Did gravity change its properties? Why are we all weighing in less? High-fives?

(I'm still around 175. Stress, more cardio, no strength, new supplements. All reasonable suspects in staying down in this category.)

Thanks for the concern, 69er. One suffered a pretty nasty puncture wound, but she's fine now. My cuts and bruises (and burns) are healing. I thought about rectifying the situation but decided to forgive the lady, her dumbass kid, and their asshole dogs. I think. Still looking into things. We'll see.

Your exercise seems good. :) Have you found anything else to throw into the routine? Has your doctor recommended anything? Have you considered yoga?

And good luck, Rig. Enjoy your vacation!

#1080 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Still bouncing in the low 180s, not really losing weight and still eating 1500 calories and lifting heavy. Hmmm...

Beast mode on deadlifts yesterday. 135x10, 135x10, 185x5, 225x2, 255x5, 265x1, 135x10