Photo
- - - - -

CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1701 replies to this topic

#1141 Chase

Chase

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

The liquid bandage helped and it's mostly healed over. It's just feels a bit strange now because instead of a callous, it's concave inward. I guess it'll just be like that until another callous forms.

Also, how do you cook your swiss chard? I'm trying to find a way to prepare it that tastes good.

I just pan fry it with some safflower oil (which is my favorite oil), onion, and a little garlic. From there, I toss it with garbanzo bean, smoked paprika, pepper, and some salt and curry powder. I eat half of that with some black rice, and that's a meal.

Troy is on the money, Hiroshou. A few weeks ago, I wrote the following diet and exercise guide for a friend. It is the basis of what I do.

http://chasebyblog.b...rkout-diet.html

As I made a mention here, I have been at 175, which feels like the lowest I can go without feeling like complete shit. Not that I have made attempts to get down to 175. Just the result of certain supplements, stress, injury, vacation—amongst other things. My girlfriend gives subtle hints, here and there, that she wants me to return back to massive—as I first met her when I was a Hulk-like 190. I dunno what I want to do. 175 is a lot easier on my back. I feel like a freakin' woman with enormous tits deciding if she wants to keep them or continue having back problems.

http://www.bodybuild...ghtersfood.html

I just got my order of this stuff. Two bottles. Perhaps my subconscious has made up its mind. Shit.

#1142 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Down to the last belt loop on the size 48 belt :D

Changed things up a bit this week, walked to work twice (1.5 miles) and did DDPYoga at night.

#1143 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

Nice work everyone!

This morning was the "Pure Cardio" workout. Man, I hate that one. It is so tiring. I also started lifting a little bit more (all light weights) and I'm a bit sore in some spots that I guess Insanity wasn't hitting. I feel pretty good though overall.

I'm down to a size 33 waist and basically only buy clothes that are "L" (I used to get XL for everything). I could squeeze into an "M" but then people will ask me why I'm shopping at Baby Gap because of the tightness.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1144 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Original weight: 300lbs
Current weight: 229lbs
Next goal: 220lbs

Hey guys. Did my weekly weigh in today and reached 229lbs down from the original 300. I have not exercised much the past month been in a big funk since my best friend's mom who raised me since I was 14 passed away. I still walk 1 miile during my lunch break at work, but have not exercised outside of that except for 2 times. I guess I need to get back in the swing of things yet I am losing 4lbs a week working out less than I was before.

We did our yearly wellness policy screening at work last week and I got the results of my blood work today. I am no longer borderline diabetic. My blood sugar and cholesterol and everything is all in the normal expected ranges. My BMI is also at 29 which means I am still "Overweight".

Has anyone who lost a significant amount of weight noticed they are shorter? I was 6'2" in high school, but when I did my wellness exam they said I was just under 6'1". My shoes also went from size 14 to size 12 1/2.

#1145 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

I've lost an inch =\

I'm 5'11.5" (I WANT MY POINT 5) instead of my normal a little over six foot height I've been since high school. I'll take losing that inch over the extra weight I was carrying though!

That is just awesome in terms of your bloodwork. Just keep trucking along. Very sorry about your loss.

Javery, my wife doesn't let me buy clothes if they aren't tight. Sometimes I draw the line, but now I just kind of accept whatever she hands my way.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1146 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

I deadlifted 300 today; 6 months ago I struggled at 135.

#1147 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Metabolism is a fickle B*tch...

I've been so busy at work the past two weeks, that I've neglected any gym time and only have been playing basketball two days a week. Saturday morning I jump on the scale, and it shows I gained 8 lbs since the last time I weighed myself (probably over 2 weeks). So Saturday, I started my diet/exercise again.

Fortunately, on Saturday I had to help a friend move from the 4th floor of his apartment to the first floor, so there was 7 hours of up and down on the steps involved with that. And on Sunday, I mowed the lawn. Monday, I did 5K on the treadmill and crunches.

So I got on the scale again this morning, and I lost those 8 lbs...and 0.2 more! Not only that, I was able to put on a pair of 32's...I just don't get it! Maybe it's required to go on a two week hiatus, just to confuse the heck out of your body?

Anyway, nice to see everyone is still fighting the good fight. Keep it up!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1148 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yeah sometimes the body just needs a break. Plus it sounds like you were still semi active.

I've been eating more. After cutting for 2 months and losing nothing I looked
Into it and it seems I wasn't eating enough. So now on lifting days I eat around 2000 calories (with more carbs than fat) and cardio days 1700 (with more fat than carbs) and high protein every day. We'll see what I weigh on Friday.

#1149 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Haven't posted here for awhile now.

Long story short: I recently moved back to California. Gained back 20 lbs. (WTF) in a short 2 months. Damnit, gotta start all over again. Back to almost 250 lbs. but will do a short term goal of 230 lbs.

My cousins been doing crossfit for the past few years and their results look amazing. One lost almost 100 lbs. (He was almost 300 lbs. the last time I saw him). All three of them (yes they are all siblings) have convinced me to join and finally pulled the triggered a few weeks ago. I'm going at least 3-4 times a week. My experience from taking bootcamp classes allowed me to kinda fit right into the workouts but the coaches are modifying my workouts to work on my flexibility.

I probably gained weight due to muscle growth hence the phrase: Muscle weighs more than fat.

If anyone here from CAG does Crossfit, I've got to ask: Do you REALLY need to follow the Paleo diet to get the results? I am a meat and potatoes type of guy but in moderation in addition to eating complex carbs such as wheat bread and brown rice. What can I do to introduce vegetables into my body? I can eat a few leafy greens like spinach and broccoli but can gag when it comes to tomatoes.

Thanks in advance.

#1150 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't do crossfit but know what it is and consists of and at its base crossfit is just fast paced interval training. The diet is opinion based, you won't lose weight just because of the diet but it won't hurt. You will get results without it, cross fit truly isn't all that different from any other workout. Anything can be turned into a fast paced cardio lifting session.The diet won't hurt, but don't do it if it doesn't fit your lifestyle. If you change your diet just for crossfit you'll screw up when you decide to not follow it anymore. Eating healthier would definitely be great, but don't go crazy right off the bat. Good starter veggies are carrots based on the crunch factor, and just go from there. Green beans and peas taste pretty good as well off the bat.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#1151 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

For some reason I don't have an edit button on my browser right now, but I meant to say circuit training, not that it matters. Crossfit is a good program, but make sure that as you push yourself you focus on your form as well.

#1152 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Crossfit is a good program, but make sure that as you push yourself you focus on your form as well.

So very true, and that's precisely why I don't like Crossfit. Based on the numerous videos I've seen at least. Seems like the focus is on speed over form. It's a good way to get yourself injured.

Also, kipping pullups. :roll:

#1153 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:31 AM

Also, kipping pullups. :roll:

There are so many videos of people doing the "100 pullup challange" on YouTube and most of them always end up being some guy in a cross fit gym swinging from the bar like a gymnast.

I'll take 20 real pullups over 100 kipping pullups any day.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1154 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

LOLZ@kipping

I started a new program this week and I've been kipping like crazy because I'm having such a hard time with pull ups. Then I remembered that I could do negatives.:D

#1155 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:04 AM

There are so many videos of people doing the "100 pullup challange" on YouTube and most of them always end up being some guy in a cross fit gym...

I don't see any elitists at the CrossFit gym I go to. If my cousins are like that then I wouldn't be interested joining. At least they are training me on my form and flexibility so in the long run I could finally jump into the normal workouts.

Now Paleo is something I'm never going to do. Subbing out two meals for two meal replacement shakes is pretty effective. As well as a sensible lunch/dinner depending on work schedule.

#1156 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

159.6 pounds at my daily weigh in today. I *can't* get much lower, I don't think...

#1157 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:38 AM

I tried using this app and it worked great for 2-3 weeks, but I eventually became lazy with it. Luckily, I didn't become lazy with my diet or exercise routine. This app essentially put me in gear and thankfully I stuck with it.

My biggest priority was giving up soda and cutting down on fatty foods. I still eat what I want for the most part, but I watch portions and I try to eat things in place of other things, i.e. pretzels instead of chips or an apple instead of a candy bar. As far as soda goes, I went from 2-3 a day to 5-6 the past 4 months.

I also started working out regularly and I've just started doing yoga today. I've lost nearly 20 lbs, going from 208 to 192. My goal is 184 and I'm hoping to get there by the end of next month.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1158 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

I don't see any elitists at the CrossFit gym I go to. If my cousins are like that then I wouldn't be interested joining. At least they are training me on my form and flexibility so in the long run I could finally jump into the normal workouts.

I didn't say they were elitists, I just think kipping pullups seem to be common among the crossfit community.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1159 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Bought an Iron Gym after a friend told me he got one and it was decent. Just using it for the pull up bar portion of it since there isn't one at the gym I go to (one that is a straight bar and not angled in some way)
Been dropping a pound or 2 the last couple weeks - down to 188 now. Haven't really decided on a goal but know I have more to go. Not really fixated on a weight, more body fat %/not having a gut.

#1160 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

I didn't say they were elitists, I just think kipping pullups seem to be common among the crossfit community.

^Axle cleans, continental style. Makes my back spasm just watching it.

#1161 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:56 PM

I think I need to stop doing Insanity and start doing something else. Maybe P90X. I'm getting sick of Shaun T and I haven't noticed much progress lately and it's been getting harder and harder to motivate (which means I've probably plateaued).

#1162 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I think I need to stop doing Insanity and start doing something else. Maybe P90X. I'm getting sick of Shaun T and I haven't noticed much progress lately and it's been getting harder and harder to motivate (which means I've probably plateaued).

Put on a weighted vest.:D

#1163 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

I can see where hearing Shaun T's catch phrase over and over would get old. Why not just create your own routine? Or do you like using a video?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1164 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

^Axle cleans, continental style. Makes my back spasm just watching it.

Crossfit is trash. I was looking for some deadlift videos and these crossfit guys were slamming the weight on the ground and using the momentum to get it back up. They also had rounded backs and not even extending all the way up while a trainer just stood there and watched.

#1165 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

I'm surprised there weren't any hernias in that video.

#1166 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

I can see where hearing Shaun T's catch phrase over and over would get old. Why not just create your own routine? Or do you like using a video?

I like the video because it keeps things moving and each exercise is timed. When I lift I know I take too much time between sets but I can't help it. With the videos I don't ever fall behind. I think I should just try P90X - it's similar but will probably be refreshing.

#1167 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

Naive question - most people I see doing crossfit are lifting large plates - like the 24" (or is it larger, I've never measured them) plates that are most often 45lbs. When I see someone doing axle cleans with 8 plates of those size, it's pretty evident that they're not doing 405lbs total.

Is "masking" plate weights with standardized sizes a crossfit thing?
Posted Image

#1168 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Naive question - most people I see doing crossfit are lifting large plates - like the 24" (or is it larger, I've never measured them) plates that are most often 45lbs. When I see someone doing axle cleans with 8 plates of those size, it's pretty evident that they're not doing 405lbs total.

Is "masking" plate weights with standardized sizes a crossfit thing?

The "plates" in the video I posted are rubber. No idea how much they weigh, but I'm certain they're not 45lbs.

#1169 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm surprised there weren't any hernias in that video.

You're not looking close enough. :lol:
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#1170 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

there's no way in hell those plates are anywhere close to 45lbs.