CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1681 replies to this topic

#1291 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

I'm like Javery, I like being smaller now. I'm 170~173 on a given day, and my bench rep is down to 1 set of 10 @ 185 and two sets of 10 at 205. Everything else went down too, 3 sets of 10 @ 185 for decline and 3 sets of 10 at 145 for incline. Chest wise that is much lower than I've ever been, but I'm still happy with it for my weight.

Dude that's still really strong. I'm pretty sure I could bench 185 ten times right now but definitely not 205. I'd be lucky to throw that up 2 or 3 times. Goddamn whippersnappers.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1292 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

I was 6' and around 205 at the time. I looked horrible though - too bloated. I mean at the gym in a tank top it was OK but in normal clothes I just looked like I needed to lay off the cheeseburgers. Then one day I decided I didn't care how strong I was and here we are. I'm 25lbs. lighter, slimmed down to wearing size L for everything and a huge pussy. I don't look jacked or anything in regular clothes but I do look like I'm in decent shape. I feel better too. So moral of the story is I'll never take creatine again... I think. :D

Did you have too much lower pec development? Too much lower pec development can cause your shirt to hang off your pecs and make you look like you have both tits and a gut.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#1293 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thanks a lot guys! Been doing great so far, gotta stay motivated and keep on going!
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#1294 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Did you have too much lower pec development? Too much lower pec development can cause your shirt to hang off your pecs and make you look like you have both tits and a gut.

If anything it was the opposite. I never had a tit problem but my shoulders are very broad which contributed to the shirt hanging down. Even today the L I'm wearing is a little tighter around my shoulders than it would be on someone my height and weight.

#1295 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

I wouldn't worry about looking gassed or out-of-shape. We all gotta start somewhere and you'll be missing out on the nice scenery when most people are out jogging.

The workouts are only about 30 minutes, so you should take that into account when doing your runs unless you're planning on walking the remainder of those 3/6 miles, which isn't exactly a horrible idea either for that extra fitness.

Started day 1 today, and damn I thought my lungs were going to explode, but I made it through, I decided to take it easy today since it was the first day, I followed all the jog/walk cues, but I turned around at the half way alert, I'm glad I did, an extra 3 miles would have been rough.

As far as weight loss goes, Today marks 21 days, and I'm down to 187 from 203.
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#1296 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Nice job on the weightloss, but be careful shedding that much weight so quickly, it tends to show up again just as fast if you aren't careful :)

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1297 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Started day 1 today, and damn I thought my lungs were going to explode, but I made it through, I decided to take it easy today since it was the first day, I followed all the jog/walk cues, but I turned around at the half way alert, I'm glad I did, an extra 3 miles would have been rough.

As far as weight loss goes, Today marks 21 days, and I'm down to 187 from 203.

Great job! It get's easier.

But perdition(troy is right too, so keep it consistent.

#1298 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

I am falling apart. Last week I got poison ivy working in the yard which is extremely annoying. It is all over my arms and legs and itches like crazy.

Then on Tuesday (a week ago) I started experiencing a dull pain in my left hip that ran all the way down my leg through the calf. Something is wrong with my sciatic nerve (I think). Every time I sit still for more than 10 minutes I feel pain when I stand up and start moving (which goes away after a minute or two of walking).

Yesterday, I got sick. Basically I'm a mess and I haven't been to the gym or worked out since last Friday (trying to rest the sciatica, which does feel better). The cold has caused me to eat like crazy since my nose and throat only feel right when I'm eating for some reason. Ugh. What a disaster. The plan is to go to the gym tomorrow but I might have to lay off Insanity for a while and stick to the treadmill and elliptical. This is total bullshit.

#1299 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Jeez, you're falling apart javery. I hate poison ivy, it's such a nuisance. Along with the sciatica and cold, I'd definitely skip insanity for a bit.

I've now been under 180 for three months. I'm 172 right now, I hope I can keep right around this weight.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1300 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Does anyone else do rock wall climbing? I switched gyms last week and they have one of the never ending ones and I've been using it. Pretty awesome workout plus it's a fun change from what I'm used to. The only question I have is, are there some kind of special shoes that make it less painful for your feet? I've tried 3 different pair of shoes (running, cross trainers, plain old sneakers) and none of them have been very comfortable stepping on the hard plastic grips.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1301 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

Bulking is...well, working. I really need to get in the Bod Pod to get an accurate body fat % (well, fairly accurate). Then I can calculate my macros better than what I'm using now.

Had started taking in about 2,500 cals a day and I still didn't seem to putting weight on. Upped to 3,000 calories this week. I'm up to 165 pounds. Lifts have been great so far during the bulk, which I guess is what I'm most concerned with.

#1302 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Bulking is working for me too. I ate Chinese food and a pizza over the weekend and haven't worked out in 5 days. Oh yeah, I had some ice cream last night for the first time in I don't know how long. I feel disgusting.

#1303 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

Lmao. I read that and just started cracking up and my wife looked at me like I was nuts.

#1304 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Down to 235, added some fruits and the occasional Larabar into my diet. After eating meat and vegetables for a couple months, Larabars taste as advertised. Holy moly. Still well under 100g of carbs, but I'm hitting 50g a day fairly regularly. Going to ride a bike/take the dog for more walks to counter the increase in carbs. Still wish I could play basketball again, but until I have surgery on the ankle that isn't happening.

#1305 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

OK, so I took this week off due to sickness and my body falling apart. I should be good to go on Monday morning. I almost got out of bed this morning but I wasn't feeling 100% (more like 80%) so I decided that a few more days off wouldn't kill me. I just need to double-down from now until Halloween to catch up.

#1306 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Bulking is working for me too. I ate Chinese food and a pizza over the weekend and haven't worked out in 5 days. Oh yeah, I had some ice cream last night for the first time in I don't know how long. I feel disgusting.

:rofl:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1307 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

OK, so I took this week off due to sickness and my body falling apart. I should be good to go on Monday morning. I almost got out of bed this morning but I wasn't feeling 100% (more like 80%) so I decided that a few more days off wouldn't kill me. I just need to double-down from now until Halloween to catch up.

On the plus side, if you were overtrained, the time off helped you out.

#1308 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:03 AM

Any recommendations for whew protein WITH creatine from amazon or target? I got a few gift cards I want to use. any help would be appreciated. Lost 5 lbs in 3 and a half weeks =D
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#1309 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Larabars taste as advertised. Holy moly.

Is that a good or bad holy moly? I think they're fucking outstanding. Also, Kind Bars are astonishingly good. I try to avoid too many kinds of bars b/c they're mostly repackaged candy bars, but those two are excellent brands. I also dig Clif Bars in the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut flavor.
Posted Image

#1310 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

I love Clif Bars. Crunchy Peanut Butter and White Choc. Macadamia Nut ones are the bomb! I eat them at work for breakfast. I also love Erin Baker's Breakfast cookies on Amazon.com. The Oatmeal raisin and caramel apple ones are awesome. I need to order some.

#1311 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

On the plus side, if you were overtrained, the time off helped you out.

We will see... I'm 3 for 3 this week in workouts but Insanity kicked my ass this morning. I've also noticed my clothes are slightly tighter. I am re-motivated though and I'm switching up the routine with some running and elliptical as well as continuing Insanity. I think I was overdue for a change in routine.

#1312 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Anybody have some good protein rich drink supplement suggestions?

I'm looking to go lean and taste is going to be a factor. I've had Cytomax Muscle Milk the past few months, but I wanted to seek out other options and switched to VRX Protein Rush since it has more protein and less fat per serving, plus the strawberry blend is delicious IMHO. I'm thinking of seeking out a 2 pound tub of powder mix, but I haven't fully committed just yet.
Posted Image

#1313 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Is that a good or bad holy moly? I think they're fucking outstanding. Also, Kind Bars are astonishingly good. I try to avoid too many kinds of bars b/c they're mostly repackaged candy bars, but those two are excellent brands. I also dig Clif Bars in the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut flavor.

Good. The only reason I touch Larabars is because they generally have 2-4 ingredients, all of them actual food.

#1314 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Anybody have some good protein rich drink supplement suggestions?

I'm looking to go lean and taste is going to be a factor. I've had Cytomax Muscle Milk the past few months, but I wanted to seek out other options and switched to VRX Protein Rush since it has more protein and less fat per serving, plus the strawberry blend is delicious IMHO. I'm thinking of seeking out a 2 pound tub of powder mix, but I haven't fully committed just yet.

I'm taking Gold whey ON (chocolate), syntha 6 (chocolate) and micronized creatine powder (ON) You mix one scoop of gold,one scoop of syntha 6 and the creatine in a shaker with milk and water. I've found this to be really tasty. The Gold was giving me a bad after taste by itself.

#1315 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image

#1316 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image

There's gotta be a story here...

:michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1317 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

Not really... I did Insanity and then about 25 minutes into my run on the treadmill right after that I threw up - full mouth. It was so gross and I'm gagging just thinking about it. I had to choke it back down although some did leak out down my chin so I had to use my towel. Thankfully, I hadn't had anything to eat since around 7:30 the night before so it was mostly water. Ugh.

#1318 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Gross! I did that one time, fortunately I was running around the High School track and just let it loose. Unfortunately, I got caught doing it and was made fun of.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1319 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Haven't made a post in here in a while. I hope everyone is continuing their progress. :)

Small update: Been working hard and back on supplements. Staying around 175 because it's easier on my back. Actually went down to 170 after cutting a little water weight. Just working on building mass and definition. Went back on protein supplements because I've had trouble putting on weight. My OTC stack is Animal Flex, Animal Pak, Myodex, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Combat Powder, and Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite. Went through a bunch of supplements to find stuff that works in my biology. Feeling good and lean. And cold, so very cold. Good thing I still have a little belly fat, as, otherwise, I would be freezing in freakin' 78-degree weather.

#1320 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

It's 37 where I live.