CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1701 replies to this topic

#1321 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

My OTC stack is Animal Flex, Animal Pak, Myodex, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Combat Powder, and Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite. Went through a bunch of supplements to find stuff that works in my biology.

Honestly man, do you really need all that? A balanced diet will give your body everything it needs.

#1322 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Haven't made a post in here in a while. I hope everyone is continuing their progress. :)

Small update: Been working hard and back on supplements. Staying around 175 because it's easier on my back. Actually went down to 170 after cutting a little water weight. Just working on building mass and definition. Went back on protein supplements because I've had trouble putting on weight. My OTC stack is Animal Flex, Animal Pak, Myodex, Creatine Ethyl Ester, Combat Powder, and Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite. Went through a bunch of supplements to find stuff that works in my biology. Feeling good and lean. And cold, so very cold. Good thing I still have a little belly fat, as, otherwise, I would be freezing in freakin' 78-degree weather.

Freezing at 78? I was walking around in a t-shirt and hoodie in the mid 40's when I was a lean 125. At 78, I would be sweating my balls off.:lol:

#1323 Chase

Chase

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Honestly man, do you really need all that? A balanced diet will give your body everything it needs.

Yes. And, with experience, I disagree with the latter half of your statement.

#1324 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Chase, where are you from? 78 degree weather is warm, borderline hot. I would be sweating depending on the humidity.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1325 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Glad I started a strength program before my engagement shoot.

Before strength training

Posted Image

And after

Posted Image

seanr1221.png

#1326 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

dang sean, you're looking much bigger! (also, your fiances hair is much longer. my wife did the same thing when we were doing our pre wedding everything then came home a few weeks later and I didn't recognize her new haircut lol).

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1327 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

Haven't had a chance to check in a while. I managed to get down to 188 so I'm almost down 15 pounds. Still would like to get to 160/165, considering I'm 5'9.

The weight machine has been a blessing. Ive been working out about 25-30 minutes a day 5 days a week on it. While I haven't lost as much weight in the last week or two, I've noticed my clothes are starting to get looser and need to buy a new belt.

Thankfully I still have 8 months until the wedding!

#1328 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Nice! As long as your body is changing you're doing the right thing. I was at 174 the last time I weighed in, so I'm glad I'm sticking at the same weight for once.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#1329 Chase

Chase

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Nice work, Sean! :applause:

Chase, where are you from? 78 degree weather is warm, borderline hot. I would be sweating depending on the humidity.

I live in Las Vegas. 75 is pretty cool over here. I guess my Colorado conditioning to cold is now gone. :cold:

#1330 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

NYCC is over...think I'll need a day or two for my legs to resume normal functionality and then back to work. Only made it down to 256 before the show (I was sick for about 2 weeks leading up to it).

#1331 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

Didn't have access to weights yesterday so I did a push up workout...450 push ups later and my upper body hates me today. It may not seem like much, but when your mixing up the types of push ups it really works you.

#1332 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Dang, Sean - you've gained 4 inches of height since the first, pic, too! ;)

I'm down to 184-5 about now. I think I may try to lose about 10 more total, but
- I'm really happy with my progress overall, since I was about 225 this time last year.
- My body fat is around 12.5%, so while there's still some to lose, I think going below 175 would be, as the kids say, cray-cray.
Posted Image

#1333 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Thanks guys. I haven't been as good going to the gym as I'd like. I've been losing sleep ever since we got our puppy 4 weeks ago. My fiancé works nights so its usually me waking up with her.

Still go twice a week so that's better than nothing.

seanr1221.png

#1334 Chase

Chase

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Thanks guys. I haven't been as good going to the gym as I'd like. I've been losing sleep ever since we got our puppy 4 weeks ago. My fiancé works nights so its usually me waking up with her.

Still go twice a week so that's better than nothing.

Puppies can be killer on sleep schedules. Months ago, I found and took in a stray. Very obedient and doesn't pee/poop in the house. But, this morning, she broke my sleep two times in the night, and probably had some affect on my recovery from yesterday's workout. Felt sluggish in my morning workout—even with preworkout supplements.

And I've fallen in love with kettlebells. Very versatile and effective. That is all.

#1335 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm also a fan of kettlebells; great way to change things up.

Edging closer and closer to the 170 pound mark. I feel terrific these days. Glad this thread continues to strive on.

#1336 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Nice to see all the positive results still pouring in! You should all be proud of what you've accomplished.

As for me, I'm still maintaining...I've kicked the cardio habit mostly and have actually spent more time lifting than roadwork (Yes, I still HATE it). Put on 5 lbs (195 now), but it's a good 5 lbs. I feel great.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1337 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Great job guys, I've gained so much weight over the years in High School. I weighed 155 in 9th and went down to 137. My sophomore and junior year is when I started to gain weight but maintained a 160. My senior year is when it killed me, towards the end, I weighed 185 and over the summer I lost 10 pounds and kept around 175-178 and now over this week I weigh 172. I just need to stop eating food I don't need.

#1338 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm still going... not so strong... but still going. I stopped with the Insanity about 2 weeks ago and it is noticeable. I've gained a little weight (187) but it's not like I've been sitting on my ass - I've just been running exclusively. I need to refocus on my diet which I've been lazy with since football season started.

I'll probably start up Insanity again in about another week - I think I was burned out. It has been unusually difficult to get out of bed in the mornings and I've been extremely tired. Feels like I got hit by a ton of bricks when my alarm goes off so I've been sleeping an hour later which still leaves me time for a 35 minute run before I have to go to work. Not sure if I'm just old or tired or both. I've also been very stressed out recently both at home and at work.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1339 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

WEIGHTS!!!!!!!!1!!

83 LIFTED WEIGHTS!!!!!!!!!

Javery, I know what you mean. I was completely burned out on my normal lifting, it became a chore just to go through the motions. I'm trying to mix it up as of late. My whole body is still sore from my push ups :(

#1340 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

WEIGHTS!!!!!!!!1!!

83 LIFTED WEIGHTS!!!!!!!!!

Javery, I know what you mean. I was completely burned out on my normal lifting, it became a chore just to go through the motions. I'm trying to mix it up as of late. My whole body is still sore from my push ups :(

How are you setting up your sets? I alternate between 3-5 sets to failure and sets of 50 to failure.

#1341 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

I haven't checked this thread in a while, but next Friday marks my 30th birthday, and right around 2 months on my diet. I'm right around 173 lbs, down from a starting weight of 203ish 2 months ago, and down 55ish from January of 2011. I haven't been working out much other than chin ups every other day, although I plan on working out more seriously since I have a goal of completing a Warrior Dash and Spartan Sprint in Sept. of next year. I know I've got a long way to go, but for once in my life, I've actually got the motivation to do it.

Posted Image
My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler

#1342 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

Amazing job man. Congratulations.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1343 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Nice job opterasis. I bet you feel great.

I'm back in the saddle again... I started up Insanity (again) yesterday and I'm actually sore for the first time in a long time (not really sore but I can feel something). My most successful period was really watching my diet and doing Insanity M-W-F and running once on the weekend so I'm going back to that - the problem is once I get going I feel like I can do more so I start working out on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then I inevitably burn out.

I'm glad the cold months are here so I can really focus on staying in shape instead of there being an excuse to pig out every weekend at the beach or whatever. I figure by Christmas I'll lost the ~10 lbs. I've put on over the last 2-3 months and be ripped up again.

#1344 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Thanks blindinglights.

Javery, I do, I feel amazing. I've never had this much energy. I've never WANTED to get out of the house and go for a hike, or look forward to a day where I'm going to do as many chin ups as I can. It's a great feeling.
My Bluray owned list

Spoiler

#1345 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

I changed my regime to 1 hour of biking 4 times a week, and an "improved" diet of no regular soda and better choices when getting fast food. I have cut down to 179 lbs, down from 196 a mere two months ago. I'm pretty stoked to be down to a weight I haven't seen since in at least 6 years (31 now). On my 5'7" frame, there's definitely more to be lost.

#1346 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:21 AM

I changed my regime to 1 hour of biking 4 times a week, and an "improved" diet of no regular soda and better choices when getting fast food. I have cut down to 179 lbs, down from 196 a mere two months ago. I'm pretty stoked to be down to a weight I haven't seen since in at least 6 years (31 now). On my 5'7" frame, there's definitely more to be lost.

Dude, that's pretty awesome. Now you can fit into your out-of-style clothing again. That's my goal!:D

edit: I actually had my first can of soda in maybe 2 months yesterday, and it was HORRIBLE. It made me wonder why I was chugging that stuff when I was younger.

#1347 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Soda is so disgusting once you quit.

#1348 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Dude, that's pretty awesome. Now you can fit into your out-of-style clothing again. That's my goal!:D

edit: I actually had my first can of soda in maybe 2 months yesterday, and it was HORRIBLE. It made me wonder why I was chugging that stuff when I was younger.

I wish I had some of my old clothes, especially pants. I've had to wear a belt with work slacks that were snug on me mere weeks ago.

I've found that I can't slam down a large Pepsi like I could pre diet change. Anything more than 20 ounces just hurts.

#1349 opterasis

opterasis

Bullhonkery!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

Soda is so disgusting once you quit.

Been 2 months, but damn I still crave mountain dew code red from time to time.
My Bluray owned list

Spoiler

#1350 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Just read this "I went for a run but came back home after 2 minutes because I forgot something. I forgot that I'm fat and can't run for more than 2 minutes." and couldn't help but think of this thread lol.

Also, I love soda but stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it :(