CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1686 replies to this topic

#1411 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

I finally went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday. It has been at least 1 1/2 months since I last went. It felt great and I am easing my way back.

#1412 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

I've been taking beta alanine and citrulline malate in addition to creatine for a week now. I don't know if it was a placebo but my workout definitely felt better yesterday. After my squats I hit the leg press. Last week I struggled to put up 3 at 450. Yesterday I did two sets of 5 at 500 and still had 3-4 reps left in the tank each time.

#1413 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

First time ever I got out of bed, got dressed, went downstairs and was ready to leave and then decided to go back to sleep. I'm fighting a cold and I feel a little off (my nose is running like a mofo) so I decided to regroup and try again tomorrow. I'm bummed out but long-term it was probably the right move.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1414 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

First time ever I got out of bed, got dressed, went downstairs and was ready to leave and then decided to go back to sleep. I'm fighting a cold and I feel a little off (my nose is running like a mofo) so I decided to regroup and try again tomorrow. I'm bummed out but long-term it was probably the right move.

No harm in taking a break until you feel better, especially if it's a full-body sickness. Last time I tried to workout with a severe cold I though I was going to die.

#1415 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

You're getting old javery. Don't go falling apart on us.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1416 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Holy crap I slept for 15 hours last night. I feel horrible. Probably no gym until next week. I am old and falling apart.

#1417 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Get it together, grandpa! :p

#1418 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Not only did I sleep from 8 p.m. to 11 a.m. last night, I also took a nap from 12:30 to 3... and I'm still tired. WTF?

#1419 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Anyone done a juice cleanse around here? Or really, any kind of cleanse (such as the lemon one)? My apologies if this has been discussed previously in this massive thread.

I've heard these are bad things to try, but was curious if there were any first hand accounts.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1420 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

I did the prune juice challenge a few months back give it a shot

#1421 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

What benefits are there to that?
Posted Image

#1422 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

You don't have to poo for a few days.

#1423 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I did the prune juice challenge a few months back give it a shot

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1424 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Anyone done a juice cleanse around here? Or really, any kind of cleanse (such as the lemon one)? My apologies if this has been discussed previously in this massive thread.

I've heard these are bad things to try, but was curious if there were any first hand accounts.

There was a thread here a while back on the topic. Much ridicule was heaped upon the OP, and good times were had. Granted, he was going for a more extreme version, though I don't remember the details.

If your goal is weight loss, there are better (and healthier) ways to do it. If your goal is to "cleanse" yourself, it's pointless. Feed your body healthy foods and it'll clean itself.

#1425 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

There was a thread here a while back on the topic. Much ridicule was heaped upon the OP, and good times were had. Granted, he was going for a more extreme version, though I don't remember the details.

If your goal is weight loss, there are better (and healthier) ways to do it. If your goal is to "cleanse" yourself, it's pointless. Feed your body healthy foods and it'll clean itself.

What he said.

seanr1221.png

#1426 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

They are all wrong. Do the prune juice "cleanse" or whatever the juicing hipsters call it now adays. Results may very depending on the past few meal contents.

#1427 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

How's everyone's goals going?

#1428 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'm hovering around 180 right now. Just bought myself a set of 40lb dumbbells - just gotta get to the point where I can use them more(ie. fine for squats, daedlifts, some rows, but definitely not curls, etc)

#1429 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

How's everyone's goals going?

Squats are killing me. It's a loooong trip from top to bottom for my lanky legs. Was doing 205lbs (pathetic) comfortably for sets of 6. 210....nah. Think I'll have to deload a bit. Legs are gettin' bigger though.

Flat bench, gone. I was continually stalling at 170. After a few resets I gave up. Dips are now my primary chest exercise. Grip wide, elbows out a bit, legs straight and pointing front to get by body angled properly. I've always been good at dips. Right now I'm doing sets of 6 with 30lbs strapped to my waste (wtf?). Doesn't make any sense, but my chest has started to explode. I do follow up with a light set of incline bench to hit the upper chest.

OHP needs work. It has never been a strong point, so I've been doing upright rows instead for a while. Now I'm back to the OHP at a meager 90lbs. I don't get that one either. Shoulders are big, but they're not strong.

Everything else is progressing nicely (deads, weighted chins, etc.)

#1430 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Good over here. New gains in every major lift. I've been doing Jim Stoppani's "Shortcut to Size" program with a friend. Finishing week four of twelve.

Also one week until I begin a cut. I've bulked from high 150's to mid-180's, without gaining too much fat.

American Ninja Warrior is starting up again. Putting my video together for this year's competition.

#1431 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

So I had a serious case of the flu. Knocked me out completely for 10 days and I'm still not 100% so needless to say I haven't been working out for the last 3+ weeks. Total bullshit. I'm going to start up again on Monday. I don't have a shower at home anymore so I have to go to the gym to shower anyway so all I have to do is get out of bed 90 minutes earlier and I'll be all set. Still, 5 a.m. is going to be a shock to my system.

I figure Memorial Day is the day I like to be in fighting shape and there is still plenty of time for that. Ugh.

#1432 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

I feel like a McFatty. I am up to 186 pounds from 172~175, granted that is because I havent been biking to work but still isn't acceptable. I'm going to hit it hard for the next month to get back to a healthy 175

#1433 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Making some nice size gains. I now need to wear larges, no more mediums!

Threw in my pic from the OP to show progress.

Spoiler

#1434 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

So I had a serious case of the flu. Knocked me out completely for 10 days and I'm still not 100% so needless to say I haven't been working out for the last 3+ weeks. Total bullshit. I'm going to start up again on Monday. I don't have a shower at home anymore so I have to go to the gym to shower anyway so all I have to do is get out of bed 90 minutes earlier and I'll be all set. Still, 5 a.m. is going to be a shock to my system.

I figure Memorial Day is the day I like to be in fighting shape and there is still plenty of time for that. Ugh.

No home shower? Care to elaborate? I'm intrigued.

#1435 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Threw in my pic from the OP to show progress.

Spoiler

Dude you're looking good. Not that you looked bad before but I think you benefited from having gained more mass. I need to consider adding weight myself

#1436 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Damn - you got jacked!

No home shower? Care to elaborate? I'm intrigued.

I am in the middle of a large home addition project. 3 weeks ago they demoed our only full bathroom in the house. We have a 1/2 bath downstairs so we can still go to the bathroom. They also demoed our kitchen about 5 weeks ago so we have nothing except a microwave and the crock pot.

Over the weekend we had to completely empty our TV room so I took the TV off the wall and moved all the furniture to my parents' basement. We now have a 24" TV in the front entry room of the house with the Xbox hooked up - that's the only livable spot in the house right now! It is totally bananas at my house.

It is much tougher than I thought it was going to be to live through this but it will be so worth it in the end.

This morning I got up about an hour and 15 minutes early and was able to work out before the shower so that was good. I feel like I'm back on track.

#1437 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

Thanks guys!!

#1438 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Been thinking about partaking in this thread a while... finally gonna take the plunge. Long story short, I've gotten really out of shape. My weight right now is 193 lbs, which may not sound that bad, but I'm only 5'7. All my friends in my high school can't believe it's still me, I used to be super scrawny looking. Started using the tread-mill atleast an hour and a half a day for the last two weeks. Usually nets me 7-8 miles and 700-800 cals. Actually starting to feel pretty good after my workouts now! :) Hope to add some muscle but weight is my number one priority right now because my doctor told me I might be at risk of diabetes. (My chances are compounded because of my family history. Say, two months from now, I wanna be around 175-180. Also basically cut down to two meals and maybe some fruit/chocolate milk if I'm hungry between work. My girls is really slim and very pretty, I feel insecure some time being out of shape with her. Being the doll that she is, she's super supportive though.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#1439 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Getting back into it. My wife bought me a fitbit for my bday so that is motivating me to start up again. I haven't weighed myself yet so I don't know how bad it will be but I am going to keep a close eye on what I eat. I am also changing jobs and will be 3 miles from home so that will definitely give me some extra time to work out. Not to mention eating healthier lunches versus eating out all the time.

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#1440 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

I nominated this thread for the non-deal thread of the year award. I know we haven't been as active as of late but I think that this thread has been a completely community success.

http://www.cheapassg...t=339183&page=2

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.