Photo
- - - - -

CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1681 replies to this topic

#1471 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Ya that's what I figured after re-reading everything. I didn't mean to sound too harsh we have just had some rude people make their way in and out of the thread lol. It was definitely the smilies.

#1472 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Ya that's what I figured after re-reading everything. I didn't mean to sound too harsh we have just had some rude people make their way in and out of the thread lol. It was definitely the smilies.

I'll be sure to lay off them then. I just have a tendency to use them to much when I can't decide what punctuation I should end with (a period feels weird sometimes). No hard feelings(:
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#1473 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Pulled 365 on deadlifts today

Posted Image

#1474 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Why are your shoes off?

I'm pretty sure that would destroy my back!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1475 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Why are your shoes off?

http://mattsiniscalc...your-shoes-off/
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1476 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

funny seanr picture

Looking bigger!

Dat 365 is awesome. Hitting that 4 plate on each side is in your reach!

On my way down to 165lbs from 178lbs. Then go back up a few pounds before my tournament in June.

#1477 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Why are your shoes off?

I'm pretty sure that would destroy my back!

Like the link above, it's best shoeless :)

Also deadlifts are primarily a hamstring exercise, your back should be fine with proper form ;)

Looking bigger!

Dat 365 is awesome. Hitting that 4 plate on each side is in your reach!

On my way down to 165lbs from 178lbs. Then go back up a few pounds before my tournament in June.

What are you shooting for on your 1rm? I hope to hit 405 by mid summer. Starting my cut tomorrow to lose 20 pounds so its gonna be pretty tough not eating as much n

#1478 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I did curls with the straight bar this morning and the girl standing next to me was doing the exact same exercise but 40lbs. heavier (the weights, not her). I think she was laughing at me. Damn whippersnappers.

#1479 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

I did curls with the straight bar this morning and the girl standing next to me was doing the exact same exercise but 40lbs. heavier (the weights, not her). I think she was laughing at me. Damn whippersnappers.

Dang, 40lbs! How ridiculously huge was she, I don't know a lot of girls that could do 40lbs to start, let alone added onto whatever your doing
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#1480 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Twelve days in, four pounds down. Wanna just stop some days but been true to my diet. Intake lowered to around 1200-1300 calories of food. That fifteen pounds by May seems in sight now!
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#1481 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Dang, 40lbs! How ridiculously huge was she, I don't know a lot of girls that could do 40lbs to start, let alone added onto whatever your doing

I am a light lifter. I mainly focus on low weight / high reps. I do not want to put on mass of any kind but I'm always trying to get a little more definition. Anyway, I was curling with the bar (45 lbs.) and she was curling with the bar + two 10lb. weights on each side. Her legs are like tree trunks and I'm pretty sure she could kick my ass.... easily.

#1482 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

Badass!

I wish I could do deadlifts. Working out at home, in an apartment, prevents it.

I have hit 210lbs on the Romanian deadlift though, for reps. Feeling good about that. :)

#1483 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Twelve days in, four pounds down. Wanna just stop some days but been true to my diet. Intake lowered to around 1200-1300 calories of food. That fifteen pounds by May seems in sight now!

1200 calories is awfully low. What's your current height/weight now?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1484 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

That does seem low. I don't think I can get by on less than 1800 and it isn't pleasant. I'm 6' about 185.

#1485 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I'm cutting @ 1900/day right now and hating everyone. Can't imagine 1200.

#1486 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

"On 1400 calories, most men will lose more than the recommended two pounds per week and place themselves at risk for deprivation and binge eating. It's better to aim for a moderate calorie intake that gives you the opportunity to practice healthy eating in real-life situations. If you want to lose more calories, increase your physical activity because activity promotes fat loss and regulates the appetite."

-Calories.com

#1487 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

If you eat the right foods 1200 would keep you filled but would not be something I would want to do. When I would cut I would eat around 1500 calories per day.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1488 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Holy shit I weighed myself I'm at 200 pounds hahahaha.

Ok one more cycle of my program and ill cut I swear. :)

I had that revelation last week when I tipped the scale at 210...how the heck did I put on 20 LBS in 9 months?!?!

Oh, yeah...I like food. :lol:

Funny thing is, everyone says I look better. And I still have all the energy, I can still run 6 miles, and even my clothes fit just fine. Weird.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#1489 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

did you start WEIGHT LIFTING!!!!

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1490 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I had that revelation last week when I tipped the scale at 210...how the heck did I put on 20 LBS in 9 months?!?!

Funny thing is, everyone says I look better. And I still have all the energy, I can still run 6 miles, and even my clothes fit just fine. Weird.

I'm kinda glad I am not the only person who put on a winter coat. I was so proud to go from 300lbs down to 220lbs. When I weighed in at the beginning of Feb I was 245lbs(!) again. :cry: Once everything warms up again though I will resume my 3 mile walks before work. If I had joined a gym for the winter it might not have become a problem. Live and learn.

I guess the upside to putting some of the weight back on is that my company's health insurance is making us earn 60 points this year to keep our discount on our premium. If I lose 5 lbs in 5 weeks beginning on 3/8/13 I get 30 of the points I need to knock $100 a month off the insurance.

This morning I weighed in at 235lbs I already accomplished the goal. Time to log it on the healthy roads page now.

#1491 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

did you start WEIGHT LIFTING!!!!

:lol:

I did, which is where I think (hope) most of the weight gain is from. I still hate it though. And I get super hungry after doing it, more so than just the cardio I was doing. Again, that probably is where the gain came from as well.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1492 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm kinda glad I am not the only person who put on a winter coat. I was so proud to go from 300lbs down to 220lbs. When I weighed in at the beginning of Feb I was 245lbs(!) again. :cry: Once everything warms up again though I will resume my 3 mile walks before work. If I had joined a gym for the winter it might not have become a problem. Live and learn.

I guess the upside to putting some of the weight back on is that my company's health insurance is making us earn 60 points this year to keep our discount on our premium. If I lose 5 lbs in 5 weeks beginning on 3/8/13 I get 30 of the points I need to knock $100 a month off the insurance.

This morning I weighed in at 235lbs I already accomplished the goal. Time to log it on the healthy roads page now.

Don't feel bad, that's still tremendous progress. And those are some decent incentives to get back in the game.

I feel the same way about the weather, I was glad I did the weightlifting/limited cardio during the winter. Now I can go back to strict cardio/no weightlifting. Actually, didn't plan on doing it that way, but it seems to have worked out.

Now, I just have to check that in mentally.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#1493 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

What are you shooting for on your 1rm? I hope to hit 405 by mid summer. Starting my cut tomorrow to lose 20 pounds so its gonna be pretty tough not eating as much n

I can still pull 365lbs on fresh day. I am pretty sure if I spend 5-6 weeks on it, then 405lb would be a quick grab (I have done 405lb before but my weight was around 180lbs), however my goals are not to go for 1rm on my lifts right now.

I am currently practicing my weight loss/energy management for an upcoming tournament in late June. Trying to make sure I get to that solid 165lbs but also be conditioning shape. My weight right now is 173lbs, so I am not far off from my goal, which I expect to hit in 3-4 weeks.

Right now my lifting workout is usually 4-6 lifts for only three times a week and three "half" workouts that I do before I do my sprint workouts. I have been spending more time practicing jiu jitsu (10 hours with the school during the week and 3-4 hours with others on the weekend), which is what I am trying to compete for in June. Got 4th in my last tournament, but the only spot I want is #1 :D

Careful dropping 20lbs. That is a complete body transformation right there. I never try to gain or lose more than 12-15lbs at one time. Anything more than that does takes a toll on the body. Last time I dropped more than 15lbs (it was like 190 to 175-173lbs in 2010) I ended up injuring my legs, pulled groins, hams and quads (split between both legs). It sucked and since then I try to make sure that if I want to lose/gain weight that will change body sizes is to break it down into two parts, lose 5-6lbs and maintain, then after 3-4 weeks I go for the rest.

In light of that, good luck! Pretty sure your lady friend is going to enjoy the weight loss :P

Muscle weighs more :P

#1494 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

So how do you guys feel about isolation forearm training? I've been adding in 20-25x1 wrist curls and a 1 minute static hang/hanging crunch at the end of my chest/tricep workouts, but I'm wondering if this is worth it or if I'm doing to little. I haven't noticed any significant size gains on my measly 11" forearms, so clearly I'm doing something wrong:(

#1495 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Gaining size on forearms is much like trying to gain size on your calves, it is extremely hard to do.

Naturally as you keep lifting heavier your forearms and calves should follow. For forearms focus on grip type training, something that causes your wrist to open and contract or other workouts that forces your hand to grip on to larger than normal objects.

I am not a fan of wrist curls and the such, because that provides no benefits for me (I need grip strength not forearm size). If you want bigger forearms and better grip strength, look into adding these to your family of gear:

http://heavygrips.com/

http://www.fatgripz.com/

The Heavy grips are not easy to learn at first and the attachment type product that is the Fat Gripz is pretty damn awesome but extremely annoying too.

As for calves, just keep plugging away...

/edit: Now at 172lbs, my goal of 165lbs in nearing in. Hope to be there in three weeks!

#1496 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Gaining size on forearms is much like trying to gain size on your calves, it is extremely hard to do.

Naturally as you keep lifting heavier your forearms and calves should follow. For forearms focus on grip type training, something that causes your wrist to open and contract or other workouts that forces your hand to grip on to larger than normal objects.

I am not a fan of wrist curls and the such, because that provides no benefits for me (I need grip strength not forearm size). If you want bigger forearms and better grip strength, look into adding these to your family of gear:

http://heavygrips.com/

http://www.fatgripz.com/

The Heavy grips are not easy to learn at first and the attachment type product that is the Fat Gripz is pretty damn awesome but extremely annoying too.

As for calves, just keep plugging away...

Ok, thanks for the advice:) so what would you recommend instead of wrist curls? My calves are actually not doing to bad (or maybe I'm just gaining fat, idk), I do step ups and calf raises for them

#1497 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Getting a set of those heavy grips will be a great start. Also doing pull ups with towels is an awesome exercise, like a super awesome exercise.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=veVRiVuNTLs

Did you see his rack of heavy grips?!

Also farmer walks allows for you to do heavy weights and improves grip strength aswell. Functionality is my main goal and size will likely follow with strength.

#1498 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Getting a set of those heavy grips will be a great start. Also doing pull ups with towels is an awesome exercise, like a super awesome exercise.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=veVRiVuNTLs

Did you see his rack of heavy grips?!

Also farmer walks allows for you to do heavy weights and improves grip strength aswell. Functionality is my main goal and size will likely follow with strength.

that looks good, but I'm rather lousy at pullups already (struggle to complete 8 good ones:cry:), so I think I'll pick up some grips. Farmers walks aren't very easy to do for me, as my plates are mismatched and slip easily. Don't want to risk breaking my toes:-#

#1499 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

8?! then you sir need to work on them!

Everyone, regardless of size (unless you are extremely overweight) should be able to do 15-20 pull ups. Pulls up are the perfect example of weight vs strength and the easiest lift to make gains in. Seriously it takes less than six weeks to get up to 20 pull ups, even if you can only do 8 at the beginning.

http://twentypullups...s_ilka-helo.pdf

Get on IT!

#1500 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

8?! then you sir need to work on them!

Everyone, regardless of size (unless you are extremely overweight) should be able to do 15-20 pull ups. Pulls up are the perfect example of weight vs strength and the easiest lift to make gains in. Seriously it takes less than six weeks to get up to 20 pull ups, even if you can only do 8 at the beginning.

http://twentypullups...s_ilka-helo.pdf

Get on IT!

yes, it's rather embaressing:cry: could you explain what that link is, I'm not sure I understand it. Currently I do 8x10 alternative pullups and cin ups, as many as I can filling the rest with negatives. This has been helping, but I've been stuck on 8 for a few weeks:(