Photo
- - - - -

CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

• Please log in to reply
1681 replies to this topic

#1561 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

I always take one after, as everything I've read says that that is when your muscle is most begging for nutrients (ie. protein), and this is a quick and easy way for me to get a good amount. Not sure on before, I think that might make me a little bloated.

That's exactly what i do,take it right after my workout. But I need something to give me a little energy boast for my workout. I usually take protein bars before,but I realized it's getting pretty expensive to be buying a box every week. I would just eat something before my workout,but i'm at school and right after school I go to the fitness center and we eat lunch around 10:30 and I workout around 3:30. I really wouldn't wanna take pre workouts or energy drinks either.

#1562 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I haven't made much progress this last week. Went down from 206 a week and a half ago to 205.3 this morning, but it still feels good to be down. I've lost a belt hole too, so I'm definitely making progress.

I've been having lunch with my wife during the week now since I switched jobs. Thanks to this, I've been eating healthier (going home for lunch) and we talked about going for walks during our lunch breaks. Having the fitbit definitely makes me more conscious of how sedentary I am throughout a normal day.

I should be able to drop below 200 before the wedding and probably more if I throw some more exercise in the mix.

fs_overall.pngiZSbQwp.gif

#1563 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm doing pretty well. I started off at 191 lbs on January 1st. Yesterday I weighed in at 161.8 lbs. That's nearly 29 lbs in four months. My target weight is 150 lbs, so I have another ten pounds to go. I'm going to have to drill some new notches in my belts tonight.

#1564 csidegamer

csidegamer

What problem w/ Dwarves?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Back to this thread for the first time in ages.

My heaviest was 262 after the holidays.

Had some bloodwork in March, and found out I have Type II Diabetes.
No more skating by.

Doc is giving me 3 months to get my eating under control, and avoid going on medication for the diabetes.

Our first target is to get down to 230 lbs.

I have lost 18 lbs so far, just buy eating smarter, and exercising several times a week.
My blood glucose, is averaging 125, which is at the high end of normal. My peak was 170 :(
fs_overall.pngs2741431x15a.png

#1565 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

Skipped the Couch to 5K thing, and went straight to the 5K. Takes about 30 mins, so room for improvement, but happy enough that i can do it without dying.

#1566 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Finished week two of "Shortcut to Shred". Not gonna be breaking any of my lifting PR's on this program, but, it is definitely a great way to get cut up!

#1567 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

I am 5' 8" and weigh roughly 136 pounds. I never weigh in at over 140. I have a little bit of body fat but nothing excessive in fact I can see the outline of my abs. I just like to drink and make poor diet choices when I am intoxicated.

Am I ready to start adding weight? I want to do it mostly clean but if I want some red meat or a burger once in awhile I'd like to have it. Even some dairy if I can.

My biggest hurdle will be maintaining my cardio while still adding weight. I like to run 5 to 8 miles a week but that would increase my caloric needs a bit too much I think. Going to shoot for 3 days running and just est even mote on those days. Doable?

#1568 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

Gaining "clean" is retarded. Just eat healthy and ad an extra 300-400 calories per day and keep up what you're normally doing in terms of exercising and lifting. Honestly the whole key to weight gain is more calories in that what you are doing on a regular basis.

#1569 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Gaining "clean" is retarded. Just eat healthy and ad an extra 300-400 calories per day and keep up what you're normally doing in terms of exercising and lifting. Honestly the whole key to weight gain is more calories in that what you are doing on a regular basis.

Hmmm so I take it you're very much a subscriber to "if it fits your Marcos" ?
I honestly can't seem to nail down a perfect caloric intake. I either go too over or too under it seems. I start to add weight but a lot of it isnt the weight I want so I get nervous and slash calories back down again. Maybe I just need to play around a bit more.
I do feel like eating good food gives me better returns on energy and satiety though if nothing else.

#1570 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

I honestly can't seem to nail down a perfect caloric intake. I either go too over or too under it seems. I start to add weight but a lot of it isnt the weight I want so I get nervous and slash calories back down again. Maybe I just need to play around a bit more.
I do feel like eating good food gives me better returns on energy and satiety though if nothing else.

you and me are very much in the same boat. Can't seem to find what works, but even running in circles is marginally better than doing nothing I figure. I don't really have much advice for you though I suppose, sorry:cry:
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#1571 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

No clue what fits my macros is. You honestly just need to eat healthy and not eat like a fat guy and you'll gain weight. From what you posted earlier you are pretty scrawny so I wouldn't worry a whole lot about if you starting gaining weight to fast. There is no perfect number of calories, just know your body and have an extra chicken breast one day or six eggs or a sandwich or w/e. the thing about weight gain is you can always lose it.

#1572 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Haven't give a before and after pic update in awhile.

Left is 5'8 175 pounds. Right is 5'8 200 pounds.

Posted Image

I went from a boy to a man :lol:

Starting 5/3/1 in 3 weeks. Hopefully it gets my pathetic bench press up.

#1573 Renzokuken

Renzokuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

It really depends on what your body type is. As an ectomorph, I had a bitch of a time making gains and eating clean. Although my daily caloric intake increased by 300-500 calories, the volume of my lifts were surpassed by some of my friends that trained after I did. I finally had enough and around christmas time to march I went from 152-163 by having a diet of a pig. Eating contests were a weekend competition between my gym mates. Yes, i did get fat, but it took less time to increase my deadlift PR from 365-410 than eating clean ever did.

The maximum reps were at least 5 or below with at least 5 sets, hell some days I'll do doubles or triples as a set, but the main goal is to lift heavy ass weight. Otherwise the bulk wouldn't be worthwhile. I started cutting weight when I began to plateau at 163 by doing a Keto diet for two weeks and adding cardio. At first, it seemed my body's metabolism slowed down because the first 2 pounds took a long time to lose, but as of today I'm at 155 and can eat a fast food meal without any weight gain. The cut managed to drop by deadlift PR by 10lbs.

You need to experiment and commit all the way with certain diets/workout regimens. That way you could better understand your body and fine tune it to get max results.

#1574 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

My company is doing a biggest loser contest starting this Wednesday for 12 weeks. The stakes are bigger this time around though. $5 per week and $1 if you gain weight that week with the winner getting 75% of the pot. That is a big incentive to start exercising and eating right. We'll see if I can actually stick to it though.

#1575 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

I went from a boy to a man :lol:

I love how our goals are completely opposite - probably proof that no one is ever happy! Your "after" picture looks like my "before" (not so defined though) - I'm trying to get to 6'0" and 175 lbs. down from 195ish. You have definitely added a lot of muscle!

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1576 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

We had our second weigh in this morning. I started out at 210 pounds last week and am down to 208.4. I got derailed from my workouts since we went to Texas for the weekend. I just can't say no to good home cooking :lol:

Looks like I have a lot of work to do though. One of the guys lost 11 pounds the first week - 4.5% body weight. I haven't asked him what he's doing, but man, I need to step it up.

#1577 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Any of you guys do yoga?

#1578 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

just finished week 4 of this! :twoguns:

www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/10-week-mass-building-program.html

#1579 Renzokuken

Renzokuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

I haven't done Yoga, but this girl taught me a couple of moves and my flexibility and coordination is shit.

How was your strength gains with this program?

#1580 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

How was your strength gains with this program?

I'm only 4 weeks in,but so far it's been pretty good. I've increased weight on mostly all exercises.

#1581 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Has anyone tried this routine? I've need to find something better than my thrown together one, and this seems like something I could do at home (provided I swap a few exercises, as per the comments suggestions) which has been my problem with most other routines. It has high ratings, but I was just wondering what you all thought, if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to look it over :)

Doug's Mass Building Routine for Ectomorphs | Muscle & Strength

If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#1582 Renzokuken

Renzokuken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Has anyone tried this routine? I've need to find something better than my thrown together one, and this seems like something I could do at home (provided I swap a few exercises, as per the comments suggestions) which has been my problem with most other routines. It has high ratings, but I was just wondering what you all thought, if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to look it over :)

Doug's Mass Building Routine for Ectomorphs | Muscle & Strength

Looks like a solid routine that's reminiscent of the powerlifting rest times (2 min or more) as opposed to bodybuilding (30 sec or less).  For back, I would incorporate deadlifts or rackpulls, which increased the overall size to my frame. 

I used to do a 5x5 routine, and although I have made strength gains, I quickly plateaued from that regimen in about 2 months possibly due to not being able to grow the muscles through hypertrophy.  6-8 reps sounds like you'll be gaining strength while still achieving hypertrophy.

#1583 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

So according to the office scale this morning, I'm down to 204.2, or almost 6 pounds down from where I started.  It's not enough to get any money at this point, but I'll take it.  I've been sticking to the 30 day shred at least 3 times a week and trying to stay under 1800 calories per day based on what the fitbit tells me.  It seems to be working so far.

#1584 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

I just went under 170 pounds on Friday.  I'm going to take this cut all the way down as far as I can.  Right now, I'm around 8% body fat.  Last summer I hit 7% in the mid-160 range.

#1585 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

^^ That's pretty awesome.  How tall are you?

I got a scale that measures body fat and I'm at a healthy 33% :lol:

#1586 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

^^ That's pretty awesome.  How tall are you?

I got a scale that measures body fat and I'm at a healthy 33% :lol:

I'm 5'10"...so, not tall.

#1587 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'm in my last week of my first cycle of 5/3/1 with big but boring accessory work (5x10 of the compound lifts at around half your 1rm)

Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done. I've been eating like a fiend to keep up. Recovery is getting faster.

seanr1221.png

#1588 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Things I've learned from Yoga.  I'm not flexible.  Go in front of the room so you don't look like a creeper (some old guy was just staring at booty one of the classes).  And don't wear normal boxers, gotta go with the boxer briefs (unless you like flaunting your package to the class).  It is different, but I am definitely gaining flexibility.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1589 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

bump!

#1590 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:50 AM

We just had our 10th week weigh in at the office. I've lost 11 pounds or so and am below 200 again since December 2011. I'm in 4th place in the competition though. The top two guys have lost over 10% body weight. I'm barely at just over 5.