Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0

Starting Weight (1/1): 250.6 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 235.6 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 232.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -2.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -17.8 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 32.8 lbs to go

I've hit that point now where I've slowed down dropping pounds, and have started losing inches. Dropped to a snug 36" waist and my face looks slimmer (according to Mrs. Number83).

Diet is going well, I'm keeping within my alloted points and actually taking in a few points less. I added Lemon Greek Yogurt into the mix, as I hear that dairy is a great way to help burn fat. Surprisingly, it's really good.

I'm up to 3.15 miles @ 35 mins on the treadmill. Disappointed that I rolled my ankle playing hoops on Thursday, so I took the 3 day weekend off, and allowed myself a cheat day for my wifes birthday. Today it's back to hoops and I'll add a run day on Friday for taking off yesterday.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#242 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

Breakfast 52g
- 2 eggs one egg white 18g
- 3 pieces of bacon 7g
- whey 27g

Lunch 51g
- 2 hardboiled eggs 12g
- can of tuna 33g
- carrots/hummus 6g

Snack 6g
- almonds

Dinner 30-40g
- chicken and veggies

Snack 27-35g
-whey
- almonds

Hope that helps.

Damn. I cannot eat like that.

Breakfast:2 egg whites, slice of ham, grapes
Snack: Fruit (orange or apple or grapes)
Lunch: ham sandwich on roll with lettuce, tomato and honey mustard, baked lays
Snack: Fruit (orange or apple or grapes)
Dinner: whatever is in the house (1 helping); usually chicken something and some salad

This has been working great and although I could get a little crazier I don't feel like it is a long-term solution for me. I might start drinking a protein shake or two during the day but that's about it.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#243 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

What type of protein do you have in a typical day? I need to up my protein intake but realistically don't go over 100 grams and that includes a scoop of whey. Do you have multiple scoops?

Breakfast - 2 whole eggs and 2 extra egg whites is roughly 20 grams.

Lunch - Tuna in a can is roughly 20 grams.

Dinner - Grilled chicken is about 30 grams and a glass of milk is around 10 grams.

Whey - Another 20 grams.

You need to eat more.

This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast
4 egg whites - 23.7g
0.5c outmeal - 5.3g

Mid Morning
4.25 oz. sirloin (leftovers, this would normally be canned tuna) - 31.7g
2c raw spinach - 1.7g

Lunch
4.5 oz. grilled chicken breast - 24.8g
3 slices of hard salami - 7g
2.5 oz. bruschetta - 0.6g
2c raw spinach - 1.7g

Afternoon
2 scoops - 52g
2c skim milk - 16.5g

Dinner
6 oz grilled chicken - 33g
2c raw spinach - 1.7g

protein: 199.7g
carbs: 72.6g
fat: 40.5g

calories: 1,443
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#244 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

You need to eat more.

Oh I definitely do. I was just listing the protein components and didn't include the carbs, veggies, and fruits I consume daily.

#245 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

Then you need to eat more meat ;).
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#246 N3XTLVL

N3XTLVL

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ok about a year ago i was 6'3 257. Mostly gained it from healing from a back surgery.prior i was an athelete in college (im 33 now)…i want to get to 190-200. Any how now im 186 ugh to much at my height,i ive loast the weight witch is good but now i gotta figur rhia outu

#247 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

Ok about a year ago i was 6'3 257. Mostly gained it from healing from a back surgery.prior i was an athelete in college (im 33 now)…i want to get to 190-200. Any how now im 186 ugh to much at my height,i ive loast the weight witch is good but now i gotta figur rhia outu

Did you just pass out while typing this?

How did you lose 70lbs.? That is a ton of weight - you must be skinny as hell at 3" taller than me but only 5lbs. heavier. Just eat more protein and start a weight-lifting routine and you should pack on the pounds.

#248 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

:lol: @ passing out.

Javery, you start the 5x5?

#249 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

When I read that yesterday I thought the same thing about him passing out. The ending of the post is so strange.

I'm also no sure how 186 is too much at 6'3", yet he wants to gain weight? Or does he mean he's 186 too much, or over, where he wants to be?
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#250 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:20 PM

:lol: @ passing out.

Javery, you start the 5x5?

I started reading the PDF you posted - does that count? :D

This morning I got back to interval training on the treadmill and it is so tiring but it definitely makes a huge difference. If I can get down to 175 by the end of March I'll be psyched. I have a baby on the way in May so I have a feeling that the gym time will be compromised a little so I want to get in as much as I can now...

#251 Chadfx

Chadfx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

this such an awesome idea. im 6 foot 4inches and weight approximately 290 lb and looking to slim down to at least 200 lb. add : jgome1992@yahoo.com
------------------------------------------------
Almost no one uses their real age on the Internet.

The Internet: Where men are boys, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents

Watch me broadcast at justin.tv/oxd9

#252 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hey guys mind if I join in on this? I have really been looking all over the place for a workout buddy of some sort, a motivator, or someone to be able to talk to while I work out. This has been since last summer of course, which I ended up buying a nike+ thing to track my exercise progress, however I never found anyone, so I guess I have just been using that as my excuse.. I will most likely be taking my dog with me on walks too if that makes any difference (she is almost 20 lbs and is a chihuahua, so I figured it'd be good for both of us...this is from my sister taking care of her for 6 years feeding her anything). I do drink sodas almost on a regular basis and when I cut them out of my diet for 8 months I had lost a little over 15 lbs from just that alone, just to end up drinking it all again because of one little slip up.

Just seeing this thread with people's stories makes me feel like this can be a good thing, and of course a new year's resolution for just about everyone I know is to lose weight.

Anyways here is my info:
Height: 5' 5''
Current weight: 210lbs
Goal Weight: 160lbs range

I was only 105lbs in 2006 when I graduated high school. Since them I have been working several full time jobs, getting my college degree/attending college full time, etc. Maybe on here I will be more motivated to try to lose the weight I keep putting off losing. I really want to cosplay again, but I am unhappy with my body, so I just eat/drink carelessly.

Pic of me >.< The one I took recent of me I am wearing black pants and blouse for work, so I look much better lol
Viewer beware
Posted Image

And high school:
Posted Image
I know I am deff. not getting back down to that, but I'd kill for it again lol
2010 I was still decently small:
Posted Image
I can eat 1,471 calories per day currently using this app
my e-mail I signed up with is: laurenjustice1988@gmail.com

Edited by Ellahjay88, 18 January 2012 - 05:35 PM.

Posted Image

#253 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

I am so jealous you have age on your side. At 24 you should be able to get into good shape with some dedication fairly quickly. First piece of advice - stop drinking soda. Diet or regular - that shit will kill you. Also, water is delicious.

Pro Tip: don't make your goal 160lbs. - that seems so far away. Start by just getting under 200, then maybe lower it by 10 lbs. until you hit your ultimate goal. Little victories are so important and will keep you motivated. Finally, get into a routine - start by walking your dog, then move on to something a little more intense. Don't skip workouts and don't make excuses. There is always time and anyone can do this if they want it bad enough. There is nothing on this planet that tastes as good as being fit feels. Have fun!

#254 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah once you're old like Javery you slow down.

#255 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hey guys mind if I join in on this? I have really been looking all over the place for a workout buddy of some sort, a motivator, or someone to be able to talk to while I work out. This has been since last summer of course, which I ended up buying a nike+ thing to track my exercise progress, however I never found anyone, so I guess I have just been using that as my excuse.. I will most likely be taking my dog with me on walks too if that makes any difference (she is almost 20 lbs and is a chihuahua, so I figured it'd be good for both of us...this is from my sister taking care of her for 6 years feeding her anything). I do drink sodas almost on a regular basis and when I cut them out of my diet for 8 months I had lost a little over 15 lbs from just that alone, just to end up drinking it all again because of one little slip up.

Just seeing this thread with people's stories makes me feel like this can be a good thing, and of course a new year's resolution for just about everyone I know is to lose weight.

Anyways here is my info:
Height: 5' 5''
Current weight: 210lbs
Goal Weight: 160lbs range

I was only 105lbs in 2006 when I graduated high school. Since them I have been working several full time jobs, getting my college degree/attending college full time, etc. Maybe on here I will be more motivated to try to lose the weight I keep putting off losing. I really want to cosplay again, but I am unhappy with my body, so I just eat/drink carelessly.

Pic of me >.< The one I took recent of me I am wearing black pants and blouse for work, so I look much better lol
Viewer beware
Posted Image

I can eat 1,471 calories per day currently using this app
my e-mail I signed up with is: laurenjustice1988@gmail.com

Welcome to the thread!

One thing that really helped me with the soda drinking is switching to seltzer. You still get the fun of the carbonation, but none of the sugar. I also don't drink store bought fruit juice anymore because it's way too sweet and if I do, I cut it with seltzer as well with 60-80% seltzer to juice ratio. If I do drink 100% juice, I'll squeeze some oranges, but prefer to eat them.

Like javery said, being 24 is going to help A LOT. Little things like walking your dog, parking further away from entrances, taking stairs instead of escalators/elevators are going to be a great start. It can be pretty frustrating going to a gym or intense work out and only lasting 3 minutes as well as being not very motivational.

Good Luck!

#256 Ellahjay88

Ellahjay88

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

well 160-170 is my ultimate goal. That will take time I know. I'm glad I came across this thread :D It will be a fun little adventure/task
Posted Image

#257 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

First piece of advice - stop drinking soda. Diet or regular - that shit will kill you.

First piece of advice - stop drinking soda. Diet or regular - that shit will kill you.

It can't be said enough.

Also, ice cold water is delicious.

Anything less than damn near frozen and it starts feeling like shitty old water again (I drink it anyway though because it's a necessary evil :-().
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#258 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

Stupid question: Since diet soda is zero calories (Coke zero) can I lose additional weight by just drinking water? Or are you talking about all the lovely chemicals in it?

#259 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

Stupid question: Since diet soda is zero calories (Coke zero) can I lose additional weight by just drinking water? Or are you talking about all the lovely chemicals in it?

It's been suggested that drinking lots of diet soda could cause you to eat more. WebMD says, "maybe."

I gave it up to avoid the chemicals. I've been drinking water for so long I don't even like soda anymore, diet or otherwise.

#260 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

And high school:

I know I am deff. not getting back down to that, but I'd kill for it again lol

Why not? Assuming that's a normal, healthy weight for you (i.e. you weren't starving yourself) there's no reason you can't get back to that weight.

It'll be a slow process, but if that's what you want, do it. Good luck.

#261 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I don't drink soda that often - i defintely don't buy it for myself, it's more when I'm out somewhere and its there.
But when I do, I avoid the diet - i'd think the chemicals and junk that is in there to make it 0 calories is probably worse for you than the normal version.

#262 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:15 PM

Studies are starting to show that diet soda actually promotes weight gain. Strokes and heart attacks too! They don't know for sure but all of those chemicals just can't be good for you...

I've also been drinking water for so long that all soda tastes disgusting to me now.

#263 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

I have really been looking all over the place for a workout buddy of some sort, a motivator, or someone to be able to talk to while I work out. This has been since last summer of course, which I ended up buying a nike+ thing to track my exercise progress, however I never found anyone, so I guess I have just been using that as my excuse..

The hardest part is getting into the gym. Once I'm there and see a ton of people sweating and working out, it gives me all the motivation I need. I would suggest joining a gym as you won't feel as "alone" as you would when running on your own. I typically find that having a workout buddy only slows you down from an efficient workout because you spend a lot of time talking.

Once the pounds start dropping and the compliments start coming in, your motivation will increase exponentially.

#264 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

Forgot to mention I had a large Papa John's all to myself yesterday for lunch as my cheat meal of the week. It was only $8.50 for a specialty pie since it was 50% off due to the Giants win.

280 calories times 7 slices = 1960 calories. After work I ended up running four 8 minute miles and burned a little over 500 calories which barely made a dent, but the pizza was so worth it. :D

#265 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

The hardest part is getting into the gym. Once I'm there and see a ton of people sweating and working out, it gives me all the motivation I need. I would suggest joining a gym as you won't feel as "alone" as you would when running on your own. I typically find that having a workout buddy only slows you down from an efficient workout because you spend a lot of time talking.

Once the pounds start dropping and the compliments start coming in, your motivation will increase exponentially.

I couldn't agree more. Running/exercising and dieting by yourself is so much harder. Once you get to a gym and start seeing other people there and get to know them you will feel some accountability if you skip a day or two. When I was getting started if I missed a day I always got "what happened to you yesterday" and it made me less likely to skip for no reason.

The motivation definitely ramps up too when you look at everyone else. The ones just starting and struggling motivate you to never look/feel like that again and the ones who are in better shape give you something to aspire to.

Forgot to mention I had a large Papa John's all to myself yesterday for lunch as my cheat meal of the week. It was only $8.50 for a specialty pie since it was 50% off due to the Giants win.

280 calories times 7 slices = 1960 calories. After work I ended up running four 8 minute miles and burned a little over 500 calories which barely made a dent, but the pizza was so worth it. :D

Damn that's a fatty lunch! Where were they giving 50% off for the Giants? I didn't think there were any Papa John's in the area because you can get a real slice of pizza every 100 yards. I had 2 slices of pizza (with chicken parm on top - mmmm) while watching the game on Sunday - so worth it.

#266 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

Damn that's a fatty lunch! Where were they giving 50% off for the Giants? I didn't think there were any Papa John's in the area because you can get a real slice of pizza every 100 yards. I had 2 slices of pizza (with chicken parm on top - mmmm) while watching the game on Sunday - so worth it.

Since cheat meals are so far and few between, I don't like to waste them on something like Dominos or other fast food restaurants. But the Papa John's deal was too good to pass up.

In NYC, if the Giants or Jets (not anymore) win which includes playoff wins, they offer 50% off your entire order on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Just order online and use the code WIN50. A few of my coworkers ordered wings and cheesy bread and it is a great sight to see that $50 tab drop to $25.

#267 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

I only drink diet soda if I'm mixing it with rum.

Otherwise water and coffee for me.

What motivates me to get to the gym? I look up pictures of the overweight people on my Facebook. Always pushes me to go.

#268 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

If anyone wants more motivational type stuff, check out the body transformation articles on BodyBuilding.com.

Seeing other people who have done what you're trying to do usually helps, IMO.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

#269 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

What motivates me to get to the gym? I look up pictures of the overweight people on my Facebook. Always pushes me to go.

LOL. Overweight people are definitely a good motivator as sad as that sounds.

Seeing other people who have done what you're trying to do usually helps, IMO.

Definitely. If someone else can do it, so can I.

#270 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Got my first compliment since starting my diet from someone that stopped me in the hall and asked me if I was losing weight...Feels good. Definately motivating!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.