Thor: God of Thunder (PS3) $9.99 @ TRU online

[quote name='TealPavelski']I heard this game was pretty horrible, but might be good for Achievements. Unfortunately the 360 version is $19.99 however?![/QUOTE]
yea, bad scores pretty much everywhere. I just got it to transfer my credits. I will be keeping the box as replacements for future used games :lol:

I bought my kid a Dora game for the Wii so I grabbed this as well with that "buy 1 19.99 or less, get 1 40% off" deal. Guess I paid a little more than 9.99 but oh well.

Played for a couple hours last night. Graphics are awful, but the worst thing about it is that it seems to constantly skip frames of animation while you fight. The game is extremely choppy during combat and it can be extremely hard to tell when you get hit, because there doesn't seem to be an animation for it.

bought it yesterday at walmart for 20 havent had a chance to try it yet glad this was ps3 only or i would of been irritated

[quote name='valo2027']Does anyone know how long this will be on sale? I wanna PM at Best Buy but you know FOOTBALL starts today![/QUOTE]
looks to me that $9.98 is a clearance price so it'll stay here until it's out of stock.

[quote name='JoshTX']I bought my kid a Dora game for the Wii so I grabbed this as well with that "buy 1 19.99 or less, get 1 40% off" deal. Guess I paid a little more than 9.99 but oh well.

Played for a couple hours last night. Graphics are awful, but the worst thing about it is that it seems to constantly skip frames of animation while you fight. The game is extremely choppy during combat and it can be extremely hard to tell when you get hit, because there doesn't seem to be an animation for it.[/QUOTE]

I was considering buying this because I wanted to try the 3-D mode but if the graphics are this bad in 2D, I can only imagine how bad it is in 3D. Thanks for the review!

[quote name='kouleefoh']looks to me that $9.98 is a clearance price so it'll stay here until it's out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Thank You! I'm sure I'll get my $10 bucks worth from it then sell it on Craigslist:bouncy:

[quote name='thetruth1983']I was considering buying this because I wanted to try the 3-D mode but if the graphics are this bad in 2D, I can only imagine how bad it is in 3D. Thanks for the review![/QUOTE]

I own a 3D tv as well and tried to play it that way, too. It's nothing special, and as I said the graphics are bad so 3D doesn't do it any favors. It feels like they just tacked the 3d on as a gimmick, because the game doesn't seem to take advantage of the effects. If you want to play something that looks awesome in 3D though, I'd recommend Motorstorm Apocalypse.

showed up as oos stock in my local TRU, but then i saw it when i bought Deus Ex HR and they priced match it for me no problem, all i said was that i tried to buy the game online using the "store pick up" but it said out of stock, so after getting his supervisor to price match, i got the game for $10

[quote name='TheCro']Out of stock nearby, so I guess I won't be getting it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='exaznkid']showed up as oos stock in my local TRU, but then i saw it when i bought Deus Ex HR and they priced match it for me no problem, all i said was that i tried to buy the game online using the "store pick up" but it said out of stock, so after getting his supervisor to price match, i got the game for $10[/QUOTE]
Yea, If they have less than 3 copies, it won't show up. It was the same for me.

I heard the game is easy for achievements/trophies but the programming is so bad it can be a headache on the harder difficulties

[quote name='malethief']I heard the game is easy for achievements/trophies but the programming is so bad it can be a headache on the harder difficulties[/QUOTE]

Yeah, avoid this game at all costs. I picked it up because (obviously) I'm a Marvel nerd, and I despised it the entire way through. I just got my 1000/1000 this weekend -- while most of the achievements aren't bad, completing the game on Valhallan difficulty (also required for some of the collectibles) is goddamn rough. I spent around 4 hours on the final boss alone.

This is why I don't care for achievements. Why would you spend 4 hours ( just the boss alone;)) doing something you don't enjoy?!?

Imagine the conversation: did you play the new ( insert AAA title) ? Naw man but I did 1000/1000 Thor!!! Umm, good for you, I'm off to play and enjoy my good game.[quote name='PR Mega X']Yeah, avoid this game at all costs. I picked it up because (obviously) I'm a Marvel nerd, and I despised it the entire way through. I just got my 1000/1000 this weekend -- while most of the achievements aren't bad, completing the game on Valhallan difficulty (also required for some of the collectibles) is goddamn rough. I spent around 4 hours on the final boss alone.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']
Imagine the conversation: did you play the new ( insert AAA title) ? Naw man but I did 1000/1000 Thor!!! [/QUOTE]

Ahaha, so true. I feel like this is me all the time, just not to get trophies but just playing stupid games.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Yea, If they have less than 3 copies, it won't show up. It was the same for me.[/QUOTE]
i guess that explains it, i think they had exactly three copies left.

i have that problem. i have resistance 3, madden 12, deus ex(on the way, thanx amazon), nmh, catherine, etc and every other new game imaginable(lol) and yet here i am trying to plat man vs wild/hunted/kung fu panda 2 lol. it's called a problem.
i was hoping once i hit top 500 global in trophies i would stop, but now i just wanna break 400.

[quote name='shadowkast']This is why I don't care for achievements. Why would you spend 4 hours ( just the boss alone;)) doing something you don't enjoy?!? [/QUOTE]

I guess for the same reason I spent all that time searching for missiles and health upgrades in the Metroid Prime series -- I've always been a completionist, even outside of games, it's just now I've got a new set of goals to go for. Why do I keep going when a game is terrible? OCD, I guess. If it's not complete, it's always nagging at the back of my mind.

I do still get to the AAA titles, but achievement whoring is a good way to kill time while waiting for a price drop.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I guess for the same reason I spent all that time searching for missiles and health upgrades in the Metroid Prime series -- I've always been a completionist, even outside of games, it's just now I've got a new set of goals to go for. Why do I keep going when a game is terrible? OCD, I guess. If it's not complete, it's always nagging at the back of my mind.

I do still get to the AAA titles, but achievement whoring is a good way to kill time while waiting for a price drop.[/QUOTE]
Im like that with movies . Even if the movie is painfully bad, I have to finish it.

just noticed it was made by Sega. omg. i still have nightmares of iron man 1 and 2, lol.
Sega has a pricing issue, kinda like ubisoft/etc, where even if there game is super awesome the price will drop insanely. im looking at you Bayonetta/Vanquish. bad sega games drop even faster.

[quote name='Velo214']i have that problem. i have resistance 3, madden 12, deus ex(on the way, thanx amazon), nmh, catherine, etc and every other new game imaginable(lol) and yet here i am trying to plat man vs wild/hunted/kung fu panda 2 lol. it's called a problem.
i was hoping once i hit top 500 global in trophies i would stop, but now i just wanna break 400.[/QUOTE]

Hunted wasn't that bad, also it's an easy plat which takes less than 8 hours

hunted screwed me over on the plat. i still can't get it. crystal collection is glitched on my end. i picked up all the crystals before i got all the enemy dropped shards, so now i have 131 crystals and 3shard pieces but enemies won't drop any more shards after the last crystal is collected. so im screwed. played the whole game again and no crystals/shards.
i could always delete game save/game data and try again, but fuck that, ill stick with my 92% and curse the game instead...

Got denied my price match after being told once by a BB employee that we could, so I'm gonna try to match it at Fry's or Wal-mart tomorrow because that shipping really kills the deal.

[quote name='Velo214']just noticed it was made by Sega. omg. i still have nightmares of iron man 1 and 2, lol.
Sega has a pricing issue, kinda like ubisoft/etc, where even if there game is super awesome the price will drop insanely. im looking at you Bayonetta/Vanquish. bad sega games drop even faster.[/QUOTE]

Don't let the sour taste of the terrible Iron Man games keep you away from Captain America. That one is actually fantastic.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Got denied my price match after being told once by a BB employee that we could, so I'm gonna try to match it at Fry's or Wal-mart tomorrow because that shipping really kills the deal.

Don't let the sour taste of the terrible Iron Man games keep you away from Captain America. That one is actually fantastic.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if you can do it at Walmart since the price is online only (but u can match it at a TRU store).

[quote name='kouleefoh']Not sure if you can do it at Walmart since the price is online only (but u can match it at a TRU store).[/QUOTE]

Can anybody confirm that TRU will PM their online price? I know some retailers (like Wal-Mart) won't PM their own site locally.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Can anybody confirm that TRU will PM their online price? I know some retailers (like Wal-Mart) won't PM their own site locally.[/QUOTE]
They typically do. I don't know if it is policy, but I have pricematched online prices at least twice and one time an employee told me they would match their online price, but only from TRU online.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Can anybody confirm that TRU will PM their online price? I know some retailers (like Wal-Mart) won't PM their own site locally.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure they do. Ive matched 3 times w no hassle.

i still want to get this game even though is bad. im a huge thor fan

sucks they don't have it for the 360 though at that price.

Thanks for the help, guys. My TRU PMed it for me! Too bad the game really is as bad as they say it is, lol. Oh well, it still trades in for a good value.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Thanks for the help, guys. My TRU PMed it for me! Too bad the game really is as bad as they say it is, lol. Oh well, it still trades in for a good value.[/QUOTE]
lol i wish i would have at least popped it in and played it. I just gutted it, traded it in disc only. =P

Went to two Best Buys and they gave me different excuses as to why they wouldn't PM. The toys r us near me didn't have it in stock either...I guess I'll use the $10 towards a good game instead...

I went to my TRU today. It rang yup $19.99 and the clerk couldn't find the game online at all. She even tried searching by the SKU but kept getting "item not found". She said she would've been glad to price match the online price if she could find it on the site. She even said that it was weird that only the PS3 version wasn't showing up on the site but the other versions were.

bread's done
Back