Amazon PCDD - $5 DRM Free Ubisoft Games+BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#3001 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

Tony - still didn't get the King Arthur II code. Any suggestions?

Thanks

You'll be getting it within the next couple of days, I just had one our Developers and it is fixed. I'm back filling orders right now.

Also I have a question for the group. We're putting Alice: Madness Returns on sale next week AND we're adding it to the topsellers of 2011. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Tony

#3002 Alexcalibur

Alexcalibur

The Regeneratin' Degenerate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

You'll be getting it within the next couple of days, I just had one our Developers and it is fixed. I'm back filling orders right now.

Also I have a question for the group. We're putting Alice: Madness Returns on sale next week AND we're adding it to the topsellers of 2011. What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Tony

I think that is pretty freakin' awesome! :D

#3003 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Cheers,
Tony

Already own Alice: Madness Returns PC from retail DVD.
So, that deal does nothing for me.
Hopefully, it goes well for others...

#3004 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:56 PM

I think that is pretty freakin' awesome! :D

Sweet :) glad there's some excitement there, hope you still have coupons left!

Already own Alice: Madness Returns PC from retail DVD.
So, that deal does nothing for me.
Hopefully, it goes well for others...

We'll only be doing Alice for 1 day, we have 6 other days with an EA title featured each day, I'll give you all a full lineup preview on Friday or Saturday when we have the calendar finalized.

Cheers,
Tony

#3005 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

Hey there everyone, sorry for the super delayed response here, I'm just recovering from what I think was the worst cold/flu I've ever had, thanks to those who asked how I was doing and wished me well, apologies again to those who had/have questions that I've missed.

Do me a favor and send me a PM, I'd like to get your feedback directly and pass it along.

Cheers,
T-Money

I hope you get fully recovered soon Tony

I will get some screenshots for the downloaders and send you the PM

Cheers,
Tony

Alice : Madness Returns is a very good game as I've read and although it will not run in Eyefinity for me, I will grab it because $2.49 after 75% Off and $5 coupon is hell of a deal :mrgreen:

Before anybody asks..... Yes, it registers on Origin

You promised some good deals for EA games, and I really hope to see DA Origin Ultimate go on sale soon

Edit : just saw your post about EA, Awesome !

#3006 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Alice would be a pretty good deal for $2.49 after the $5 coupon code (Assuming the price is set at $7.49). I know a lot of people got it on Steam for the $7.49 price when it was a Daily Deal on Steam. It does require the Origin Client for initial activation and an EA account. However, once you plug in the code, the Origin Client doesn't need to be open.

#3007 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome! I might actually buy a game in January (told myself I wouldn't after last month's sales). Hoping Dragon Age 2 gets some similar treatment but after just finishing Skyrim... might need a break from dragons anyway.

#3008 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

We'll only be doing Alice for 1 day, we have 6 other days with an EA title featured each day, I'll give you all a full lineup preview on Friday or Saturday when we have the calendar finalized.

Cheers,
Tony

I'll have to wait and see what's on the list then.
I do own a fair amount of EA titles, already.

Hopefully, something I'm looking for is at a decent price...and that it's something I can also use a $5 off coupon on, if it's part of the 2011 Best Sellers club. ;)

EDIT:
And yes, yes, I know - I do buy TOO many games and have TOO big of a Backlog. :P

Edited by MysterD, 10 January 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#3009 Alexcalibur

Alexcalibur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Yep! I have been holding onto two coupons in hopes of some new deals...sounds like it will be worth it.

I've been eyeing Alice for awhile, mostly the console versions since they come with the original, but with a decent sale price plus a coupon I am sold on the PC version.

#3010 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

Though I know it won't be eligible for activation on Steam, I'd be very tempted by such a thing if the price were right. Alice has been on my wishlist for some time now.

#3011 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Yes! Please do.

#3012 Jdudley

Jdudley

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:46 AM

Thanks for the heads up on Civ 5, I've been wanting to buy it. Almost picked it up for the 15 two weeks ago, happy I waited

#3013 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

Yes! Please do.

I second that.... Will be an instant buy for me...

#3014 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Yep! I have been holding onto two coupons in hopes of some new deals...sounds like it will be worth it.

I've been eyeing Alice for awhile, mostly the console versions since they come with the original, but with a decent sale price plus a coupon I am sold on the PC version.

the PC version does come with the original and it ran fine on Win 7 x64
:)

#3015 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:53 AM

Tony,

The game is released tomorrow. I thought the $5 coupon was if you pre-ordered the game?

If I were to go ahead and preorder, would the coupon all me to get $5 off another game in the future?

Thanks

Cheers,
Tony

#3016 Alexcalibur

Alexcalibur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:53 AM

Huh, well...that's even better then! Thanks for the info - it's a definite no-brainer now.

#3017 The Nephilim

The Nephilim

The Troll King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:14 AM

The PC version only came with the original for a short time from the EA website. They only did that for a limited time sadly.

#3018 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

The PC version only came with the original for a short time from the EA website. They only did that for a limited time sadly.

Yep, the PC version of Alice Madness Returns does NOT come with the original game.

#3019 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Alice would be a fine way to pseudo-PM the best buy december sale. stuff there was Alice, Dragon Gage Ultimate, Bulletstorm, and a slew of other things. if people missed it then, amazon will work. and a lot of people missed it then.

#3020 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Love how the number of games keeps steadily increasing on the bestsellers list.

Originally it was somewhere around 47, but now there are already 56 games. (some duplicates for mac/pc) Also there are 2 links to Mass Effect 2 on the bestsellers list for some strange reason you might want to get it checked out. (both pc)
igame

#3021 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Alice would be a fine way to pseudo-PM the best buy december sale. stuff there was Alice, Dragon Gage Ultimate, Bulletstorm, and a slew of other things. if people missed it then, amazon will work. and a lot of people missed it then.

Steam had the best sale on Alice (for PC), and if you bought the Steam version it registered on Origin. Steam had it for $7.49.

#3022 fmz65

fmz65

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

So still no news on Space Marine? :(

#3023 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Tony,

The game is released tomorrow. I thought the $5 coupon was if you pre-ordered the game?

If I were to go ahead and preorder, would the coupon all me to get $5 off another game in the future?

Thanks

The release date got pushed back (according to my information) so it isn't coming out tomorrow. You should have your credit in time to take advantage of the offer, if you don't PM me and we'll get you sorted :).

Love how the number of games keeps steadily increasing on the bestsellers list.

Originally it was somewhere around 47, but now there are already 56 games. (some duplicates for mac/pc) Also there are 2 links to Mass Effect 2 on the bestsellers list for some strange reason you might want to get it checked out. (both pc)

We did say that we'd be adding games to the list as we got our sales results in from Holiday. This took a bit longer than it normally would because of the holiday...and because I got mondo sick at the end of last week, the bestsellers list should be finalized super shortly. When it is I'll post an announcement.

Sorry for the confusion though, I totally understand why it seems weird. As for the dupe ME2, thanks for the heads up, fixing it now.

So still no news on Space Marine? :(

Working on it :).

Cheers,
T-Money

#3024 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:11 AM

Yep, the PC version of Alice Madness Returns does NOT come with the original game.

yes it does come with the original game. :roll: You just need to unlock it. Google is your friend :)

#3025 tominater12

tominater12

Another Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

Hey Tony is there any chance we will see Dead Space and Mirrors Edge in this EA sale?

#3026 r9800pro

r9800pro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hey Tony is there any chance we will see Dead Space and Mirrors Edge in this EA sale?

Even if they go on sale, there is no way for them to be in bestsellers of 2011 ;)

I really hope Space Marine and Dead Island go on sale (a good one... better than that of GMG :lol:)

#3027 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

yes it does come with the original game. :roll: You just need to unlock it. Google is your friend :)

Uh.. no, you can unlock the menu option to select the original American McGee's Alice, but the game will crash when you try to launch it from the menu because it doesn't come with any game files for the original Alice. The unlock does work for the DLC though (the extra outfits/weapons). If you used google.. you would've seen that several people have posted that you can unlock the costume/weapon DLC.. but not the original American McGee's Alice.

I hope admurray2 doesn't get the wrong idea, if you want the original game it might be best to go with the console version, however the PC version of Madness Returns is the best version IMO, and I prefer it over the 360 version. But you will NOT be getting the original American McGee's Alice with the PC version of Madness Returns unless you bought it from the EA store during the promotional period a while ago.

Also, EA doesn't seem to like it when you provide info for how to "unlock" the DLC lol, but it's the only way to gain access to it because it's not possible to purchase anymore.

Edited by spoderman, 10 January 2012 - 10:36 AM.
Some typos corrected, and clarifications added.

#3028 Alexcalibur

Alexcalibur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Uh.. no, you can unlock the menu option to select Alice Madness Returns, but the game will crash when you try to launch it from the menu because it doesn't come with any game files for the original Alice. The unlock does work for the DLC though (the extra outfits/weapons). If you used google.. you would've seen that several people have posted that you can unlock the costume/weapon DLC.. but not the original American McGee's Alice.

I hope admurray2 doesn't get the wrong idea, if you want the original game it might be best to go with the console version, however the PC version of Madness Returns is the best version IMO, and I prefer it over the 360 version. But you will NOT be getting the original American McGee's Alice with the PC version of Madness Returns unless you bought it from the EA store during the promotional period a while ago.

Also, EA doesn't seem to like it when you provide info for how to "unlock" the DLC lol, but it's the only way to gain access to it because it's not possible to purchase anymore.

Thanks for the clarification. I would like that HD remake of the original, but if the price was right I think I might still go for the PC version. A sub $10 price (after coupon) is better than I can ever expect to get it for on the 360.

#3029 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:46 AM

Even if they go on sale, there is no way for them to be in bestsellers of 2011 ;)

I really hope Space Marine and Dead Island go on sale (a good one... better than that of GMG :lol:)

I'd probably buy both if they were both priced at $9.99 or so (or at the very least $15 so you could get $5 off with the coupon).

Thanks for the clarification. I would like that HD remake of the original, but if the price was right I think I might still go for the PC version. A sub $10 price (after coupon) is better than I can ever expect to get it for on the 360.

Yeah it'd be great if they could beat or match the price Steam had it for back during the daily deal.. $7.49 is nearly half as much as you'd pay for the console versions (I think best buy had them for $15 a couple weeks ago?). I already bought it from Steam, but would be cool to see more people playing the game.

#3030 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

First, let me say thank you to Amazon and Tony for all of the great deals, great communication and great help.

Second, has anyone had problems installing the downloaded version of Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition?

My key works and I was able to add the ultimate edition to my Bioware profile.

However, when I tried to run the actual installation, the installer starts extracting, but when it gets to DAO_PRC_CP_2.rar, it stops extracting at 18.8% and then the installation fails.

I really am not in the mood to download the full 12+ gigs again. If this is not a common problem with a simple solution, I'll figure something out (it seems to be the DLC for the Stone prisoner, so I should be able to get that somewhere else), but any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by CrimsonTribe, 10 January 2012 - 01:48 PM.
typo