Amazon PCDD - $5 DRM Free Ubisoft Games+BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#5341 BinaryTB

BinaryTB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Has Amazon thought about 4 pack prices like Steam has for some of its games? Usually multiplayer/co-op. With the amazing deals you're having, they come out cheaper than 4 pack, but for non-deal days, it would be a great incentive I think.

#5342 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Has Amazon thought about 4 pack prices like Steam has for some of its games? Usually multiplayer/co-op. With the amazing deals you're having, they come out cheaper than 4 pack, but for non-deal days, it would be a great incentive I think.

Yeah, we've talked about it for sure, and it is one of those things we've added to our development roadmap. I don't have clear visibility into when we'll be rolling it out though.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
www.twitter.com/amazongames
http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

#5343 kratier

kratier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

sweet deals, gonna get me1+2

#5344 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

A few of us started/update this thread: http://forum.noteboo...load-deals.html
I think it may have sent a few buyers your way. Just spreading the good news....

[Oh and check out my new signature :D :D]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#5345 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

A few of us started/update this thread: http://forum.noteboo...load-deals.html
I think it may have sent a few buyers your way. Just spreading the good news....

[Oh and check out my new signature :D :D]

Man, that is awesome. You just got added to the weekly update :). If anyone else has any threads like this that they post/manage please send them my way if you get the time. It doesn't matter how big they are, how many posts/views they have, it is great to be able to see the impact of a healthy community.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5346 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Tony,

Any hints whether Alan Wake will be part of a deal when it's first available on Amazon?

I know you guys are working hard on the upcoming sale, and that you're working on getting Alan Wake up, I guess the question is - will the stars align right away, or are we looking a couple weeks at least before a sale? :D

Thanks

#5347 kratier

kratier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:10 PM

sigh;
just bought me1+2 and its giving me invalid product key for registering me1 on origin

#5348 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

sigh;
just bought me1+2 and its giving me invalid product key for registering me1 on origin

thats because its not meant to activate in Origin...just go to the chat..give them your key they will add it

#5349 brown ghost

brown ghost

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Does mass effect 1 still have DRM, someone please reply

#5350 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Tony,

Any hints whether Alan Wake will be part of a deal when it's first available on Amazon?

I know you guys are working hard on the upcoming sale, and that you're working on getting Alan Wake up, I guess the question is - will the stars align right away, or are we looking a couple weeks at least before a sale? :D

Thanks

I'm not sure when Alan Wake will be part of a deal, mostly because I'm not 100% sure when we're getting it on sale, other than soon. I know it won't be part of the upcoming promotion due to this lack of certainty about release.

I'll let you know though :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5351 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

FYI don't know if everyone saw, but we moved the price of ME3 back to $59.99 but added $10 promo credit good for other video games (all video games not just game downloads) for 1 year.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5352 pinkgun

pinkgun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:04 AM

PAYDAY for 5 bucks? The lowest US price I've ever seen so far, awesome deals as always, Good job and Thank you Tony :applause:

Btw, I wonder when will the promotion list come out?

#5353 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

Has anyone asked Amazon support for a replacement key yet? how did you get them to give you a new one?

EA/Origin claims my crysis key is invalid but Amazon support says my key is fine - with me stuck in the middle. thanks!

#5354 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

Has anyone asked Amazon support for a replacement key yet? how did you get them to give you a new one?

EA/Origin claims my crysis key is invalid but Amazon support says my key is fine - with me stuck in the middle. thanks!

Were you trying to register Crysis with Origin? If so it won't....you'd have to ask a EA rep to add it and cross your fingers that you find one that will. I don't know if they are supposed to or not but it seems really hit or miss with getting them to do it.

#5355 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

Were you trying to register Crysis with Origin? If so it won't....you'd have to ask a EA rep to add it and cross your fingers that you find one that will. I don't know if they are supposed to or not but it seems really hit or miss with getting them to do it.

^This I have gone through 2 EA rep who either say please contact Amazon or they don't understand what I am talking about. I am currently in line with the third rep from EA trying to get Mass Effect registered on my Origin account. Just sucks the wait time is like 15min for each time.

#5356 CheapThomas

CheapThomas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

I've gone through 4 reps so far - and managed to add most of my current and older EA games registered. crysis they claim the key is bad and when I try to use one of the 'special' links, it complains the key is already used.

so somehow they've done something to it but not the right thing. ohh well - will keep trying :)

#5357 houdinilogic

houdinilogic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:48 AM

^This I have gone through 2 EA rep who either say please contact Amazon or they don't understand what I am talking about. I am currently in line with the third rep from EA trying to get Mass Effect registered on my Origin account. Just sucks the wait time is like 15min for each time.

i just sent an email to support yesterday to register my ME key with origin... they had me set up an account at the pogo site (that's been mentioned several times in this thread) and link it to my EA account, then they just added the key for me. maybe 5 minutes of my actual time, although spread over a period of several hours.
Posted Image

#5358 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

Wow. 4.99 for Payday, better than I expected to see it for at least a year. Definitely in for it, wish I could get the PSN version for 4.99 too but they never have good sales.

#5359 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Uh is EA support usually this crappy? I've had two reps in a row now just instantly end the chat session as soon as I say Hello.

#5360 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Hey Tony and the rest of the Amazon team , good job on everything your doing, to provide us gamers with amazing deals. Just one request , would it be possible to add the "add to wishlist" function to the download games , so we can easily store our most wanted games together and in future if gifting becomes a possibility others can buy for us.
Thanks alot , would like to see a good deal on the saboteur and the first nfs shift game in the future!!

I agree, this would be a fantastic feature and seems like it shouldn't be difficult to implement. Instant watch movies and shows can be added to a wish list, for example.

#5361 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Our version of Payday is definitely Steam activateable. It is at the bottom of the page, and yes, I agree that this should should be more prominent on the page. Changing design elements on Amazon pages is a Herculean task that I'm currently trudging through :).

Cheers,
Tony

Yes, PLEASE emphasize how important this is to them. I can honestly say that after price, whether or not a game is Steam activate-able and what, if any, other DRM it may have is the single biggest deciding factor on whether or not I will buy a game. Given the many, many, many times people ask about this, I hardly think I am alone.

If there is anyone I can write personally about this to Amazon let me know and I will do it. Other sites place this information prominently at the top and it's rather irksome to have to always hunt around for it, plus I am sure you are tired of answering the same question over and over. ;-)

I agree, this would be a fantastic feature and seems like it shouldn't be difficult to implement. Instant watch movies and shows can be added to a wish list, for example.

For now, I just use the universal wishlist button. You can use it to add any item from any site to an Amazon wishlist, even Amazon pages that don't normally have the option.

#5362 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:04 AM

Wow. 4.99 for Payday, better than I expected to see it for at least a year. Definitely in for it, wish I could get the PSN version for 4.99 too but they never have good sales.

I'm all over Payday.

Gonna need some co-op partners when this goes on sale.

#5363 Freedom Fries

Freedom Fries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

So.. Uh.. Divinity II?

#5364 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:28 AM

So.. Uh.. Divinity II?

Pretty sure Amazon won't price match them, but for what it's worth, it's on sale for $10 now at Onlive.

#5365 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:35 AM

Uh is EA support usually this crappy? I've had two reps in a row now just instantly end the chat session as soon as I say Hello.

Its hit or miss. The more you explain, the better off you are. Whenever I had those old EA games added I always tell them that I created a pogo account, and that I had my profile linked. That I spoke to another EA rep and they told me to do that and then contact EA back to have my game activated. It seems like when I tell them those few things it must be key, because after that I have never had an issue getting a game activated.

#5366 Gluteus

Gluteus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

Hey Tony, when is the 9.99 deal for NBA 2K12 going up? Just asking because I thought it was today...
Gaming is all about having fun!

#5367 Freedom Fries

Freedom Fries

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:08 AM

Pretty sure Amazon won't price match them, but for what it's worth, it's on sale for $10 now at Onlive.

Yeah, Amazon had it for cheaper in November last year. Should have picked it up when I had the chance, but I didn't know better.
Posted Image

#5368 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

So.. Uh.. Divinity II?

Yeah, Amazon had it for cheaper in November last year. Should have picked it up when I had the chance, but I didn't know better.

We'll have it for cheaper than this as a DOTW in March. I had to push it out of Feb because we're getting the DRM free version, and both us and the publisher had some testing to do to make sure everything is good to go.

We'll have the lowest price this game has been, ever, including during our holiday sale...AND DRM free.

Hey Tony, when is the 9.99 deal for NBA 2K12 going up? Just asking because I thought it was today...

This will go love with the rest of the Farewell to February sale next week :).

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony - "T-Money"

#5369 thegreatest

thegreatest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

Any DiRT 3 or Red Orchestra 2 deals being discussed/coming any time soon?

#5370 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

We'll have it for cheaper than this as a DOTW in March. I had to push it out of Feb because we're getting the DRM free version, and both us and the publisher had some testing to do to make sure everything is good to go.

We'll have the lowest price this game has been, ever, including during our holiday sale...AND DRM free.

Tony

Ah, I forgot that they were yanking out the DRM. That's definitely worth waiting for. Thanks for the update.