• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#1051 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

Tony,

I inquired about this a bit ago, but I know you're quite busy and this is probably a low priority for you and your team.
However, I would like to know why the check out process for the PC Downloads is different than regular Amazon.com shopping in that you cannot put the purchase on just a card if you have any Amazon gift card/promotional balance. You're forced to use your gift card or promotional balance. I know this goes against most people's logic, but I would still like the option. Thanks for you support of this community!

Hey there,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this. I'm not sure I follow you on your question. Are you saying you have a gift card balance worth enough to cover the cost of the game and don't want to put in a CC?

You should be able to input a GC code right under the "Complete Purchase" button once you click "Buy and Download.

Let me know if this answers your question, sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Tony

#1052 zombiemakermx

zombiemakermx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

Is it possible to buy an Amazon Digital Download title as a gift?

+1 ???

When u buy, they send you a code for steam? Is possible buy more than one per account?

#1053 Smite

Smite

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

Tony It looks like tomorrow is sponsored by EA. I hope the PC version of Reckoning Kingdom of Amalor is part of the deal. Just in case it is do you know if the Digital Download of Reckoning Kingdom of Amalor is Steam activated?

Thanks!

#1054 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

Tony It looks like tomorrow is sponsored by EA. I hope the PC version of Reckoning Kingdom of Amalor is part of the deal. Just in case it is do you know if the Digital Download of Reckoning Kingdom of Amalor is Steam activated?

Thanks!

Why would a EA published game use Steam? :0

EA and Valve been at war since EA wants exclusive DLC sold via any of EA's digital channels and since Valve has a new rule where "ALL DLC must be sold ALSO on Steam."
Hence why Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2 got kicked off Steam - EA sold exclusive DLC through their channels for those two games.
Hence why alsp Fable 3 PC [requires G4WL] and Super SF4 [requires G4WL] are still on Steam - they have all their DLC sold ALSO via Steam.
Older EA games also sold on Steam like Mass Effect 2 that have exclusive DLC to EA's digital channels haven't got kicked off Steam yet b/c they're grandfathered in to stay [b/c they were on Steam before the new rule came out], unless they decide to release some new DLC since the new Steam rule has came about...

Also, EA wanted all patches for EA's titles to be done through Origin, Not Steam.

Edited by MysterD, 15 December 2011 - 01:59 AM.

#1055 menewbe

menewbe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:08 AM

do the $5 credit stack if I buy a few games? i got $5 for buying nba 2k12 yesterday and if i buy lc:agol and jc2 today, will i get $15 off one game next year or only $5 off three different purchases?

#1056 Nesrie

Nesrie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hey there,

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this. I'm not sure I follow you on your question. Are you saying you have a gift card balance worth enough to cover the cost of the game and don't want to put in a CC?

You should be able to input a GC code right under the "Complete Purchase" button once you click "Buy and Download.

Let me know if this answers your question, sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Tony

I read it the other way around. There is a gc or promotional balance and they want to put it on their CC instead of using that balance. I've run into this a few times myself, especially if there is a promotion going on the card for points or spending a certain amount, etc.

#1057 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

Is it possible to buy an Amazon Digital Download title as a gift?

+1 ???

When u buy, they send you a code for steam? Is possible buy more than one per account?

Your Steam code is stored in your Amazon Game and Software Library when you purchase, and yes you can purchase more than one. I wanted someone to play Magicka with so I bought multiple copies of the collection and sent codes to my brother and friends to play with me.

do the $5 credit stack if I buy a few games? i got $5 for buying nba 2k12 yesterday and if i buy lc:agol and jc2 today, will i get $15 off one game next year or only $5 off three different purchases?

The codes do not stack, so you can get $5 off three different purchases.

Cheers,
Tony

#1058 zombiemakermx

zombiemakermx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

Your Steam code is stored in your Amazon Game and Software Library when you purchase, and yes you can purchase more than one. I wanted someone to play Magicka with so I bought multiple copies of the collection and sent codes to my brother and friends to play with me.

The codes do not stack, so you can get $5 off three different purchases.

Cheers,
Tony

Thx

#1059 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

Thx

No worries! Hope you like the deals.

#1060 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

What's the DRM on those 4 Oddworld games?

#1061 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

What's the DRM on those 4 Oddworld games?

What DRM? ;)

Cheers,
Tony

#1062 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

What DRM? ;)

Cheers,
Tony

Nice! ;)

#1063 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

That $51 price-tag on Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning...that's NOT including the coupon [that I got my in my e-mail for buying some other game], right?

How long is that $51 price-tag on KOA: Reckoning going on?
If you even know or can tell us?

Or can we expect that to get even cheaper on EA day tomorrow? :P
Or can you not tell us that inside info? :P

EDIT:
About the 4 Oddworld games...would you guys ever consider selling them all together in one bundle package?

Edited by MysterD, 15 December 2011 - 04:27 AM.

#1064 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

Pre-orders are suppose to give you the lowest price anytime between when you pre-order and the game is released. That being said, I don't think I've seen pre-orders involved in very many sales/lightning deals, so I don't know if that is valid for a pre-order price guarantee.

The game credit you are talking about is only for pre-ordering K o Amular before a certain date that is listed with the email, think it expires about 2 to 3 weeks before K o Amular releases. So its whatever the listed price is ($51) minus the credit ($9 isn't it?) minus whatever price drops might happen between now and when the game releases.

#1065 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

Purchased all the oddworld games in hopes of activating them on steam. To my surprise they do not.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#1066 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Purchased all the oddworld games in hopes of activating them on steam. To my surprise they do not.

They're drm free, enjoy it.

#1067 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

They're drm free, enjoy it.

I've reached this weird point where I'd rather have Steam DRM than DRM free, just to have all my games in one place.

I know I can add a non-steam game to the library... but...

It's a sickness.

#1068 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

Which Oddworld games are worth it and aren't a problem to run?

#1069 wolfwood78

wolfwood78

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:57 AM

That $51 price-tag on Kingdoms of Amular: Reckoning...that's NOT including the coupon [that I got my in my e-mail for buying some other game], right?

How long is that $51 price-tag on KOA: Reckoning going on?
If you even know or can tell us?

Yeah, that doesn't include the $9 coupon. Checked out price for me was $41.99 and since it does have a price guarantee, there is always the chance that it'll go lower before release. Probably not likely; but, possible.

#1070 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

Today is supposedly "Up to 60% off of racing games" - am I missing something? The banner just takes me to the Deal of the Week and Late Breaking page... no deals on racing games??

#1071 ChestyMan

ChestyMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

Today is supposedly "Up to 60% off of racing games" - am I missing something? The banner just takes me to the Deal of the Week and Late Breaking page... no deals on racing games??

I have the same problem so no you aren't missing something

#1072 littlebigphallus

littlebigphallus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

Well, the deals are up now...

#1073 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Well, the deals are up now...

Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion, everything is up now.

Cheers,
Tony

#1074 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Hey everyone,

We just kicked in our contribution to the CAG Child's Play Charity fund:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309832

One of the prizes is now "Free Games for a year". Once the winner is chosen you'll receive $60 every month to pick the down loadable game of your choice. Child's Play is an awesome charity and we're really happy to support!

Cheers,
Tony

#1075 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

FYI, tomorrow's deal for Game Downloads will be focused more on the casual customer...but you should all be very excited for Sunday :).

I might even pop on and give you guys a preview sometime on Saturday.

Cheers,
Tony

#1076 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

FYI, tomorrow's deal for Game Downloads will be focused more on the casual customer...but you should all be very excited for Sunday :).

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony. Looking forward to Sunday.

On another note, silly Amazon casual consumers don't check deals on Saturdays.

#1077 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

Thanks Tony. Looking forward to Sunday.

On another note, silly Amazon casual consumers don't check deals on Saturdays.

Glad you're looking forward to Sunday. I'll make you a deal, PM me with your email address and I'll personally send you a little glimpse of our headline deals for Sunday sometime tomorrow... You have to promise to tell your friends though :)

Cheers,
Tony

#1078 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Give us a few clues for what'll be so special starting on this Sunday... :P

#1079 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

In fact you should spoil the whole thing to "lock in" our money

#1080 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:23 AM

In fact you should spoil the whole thing to "lock in" our money

Them announcing BethSoft joining Amazon download service and putting Skyrim PC up for $35-40 for download would be an easy "lock in". :P
A dude can dream... [shrug]