Amazon PCDD - $5 DRM Free Ubisoft Games+BOGO

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#1201 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Interested in Shogun 2 but anyone remember how much it was as the daily deal on steam earlier?

9.99 I think.

I just really don't want to get burnt on the DLC again like I did with Empire and Napoleon. Every sale goes by and the GOTY version of the two games together is less than the DLC for them. Its insane.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#1202 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:33 PM

Picked up Sonic Generations and Duke Nukem Forever (activates on Steam, $4.99, with a $5 coupon for later digital download in January). Thinking about Shogun 2 and DLC, from the way it looks, you get a $5 coupon for each DLC pack as well as the main game. So, about $12 for the game and three DLC packs, with $20 worth of coupons in return, and I can activate it on Steam. Tough to pass up.

iconbluraypng.png - 626
DVD - 229

#1203 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Picked up Sonic Generations and Duke Nukem Forever (activates on Steam, $4.99, with a $5 coupon for later digital download in January). Thinking about Shogun 2 and DLC, from the way it looks, you get a $5 coupon for each DLC pack as well as the main game. So, about $12 for the game and three DLC packs, with $20 worth of coupons in return, and I can activate it on Steam. Tough to pass up.

Just keep in mind they are not stackable and are only good on select items..

23480.png

#1204 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

Just keep in mind they are not stackable and are only good on select items..

That's true, they're only good on digital downloads of the best selling games of 2011, from 1/1/12 to 1/31/12. However, I had $15 as my price point to buy Sonic Generations on Steam, and had thought about picking up Duke Nukem at $5 on Steam. Now, if I do find any games that qualify for the $5 coupons in January, I have the coupons to use. If not, I'd have spent the money anyway directly on Steam.

iconbluraypng.png - 626
DVD - 229

#1205 eagles5769

eagles5769

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

Tropico 4 at $5 is really tempting but I heard it's more of an expansion to 3 than a full new game. Plus I haven't played much of Tropico 3 yet. But still I doubt it will go below $5 anytime in the future.

#1206 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

I was wondering the same thing.

negative no drm.

Cheers,
Tony

#1207 Funkenstein91

Funkenstein91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Does Tropico 4 activate on Steam?

#1208 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Does Tropico 4 activate on Steam?

No - read through the thread.

#1209 steveinneed

steveinneed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

Sonic is temping at $15...but I have SWTOR to play. It would be prudent to wait.
Posted Image

#1210 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

How long are these Sega prices going to stay as is?

#1211 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

How long are these Sega prices going to stay as is?

At least through tomorrow. To be honest it depends on how well the sale is adopted by our customers. As you can tell, we're pretty big on community feedback, if we're running something that we can tell the customers don't want (because they aren't buying it), we'll switch it up. We think this is a better method than just scattershotting a bunch of deals out there without concern to how you guys enjoy them.

Cheers,
Tony

#1212 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

At least through tomorrow. To be honest it depends on how well the sale is adopted by our customers. As you can tell, we're pretty big on community feedback, if we're running something that we can tell the customers don't want (because they aren't buying it), we'll switch it up. We think this is a better method than just scattershotting a bunch of deals out there without concern to how you guys enjoy them.

Cheers,
Tony

Fair enough, as long as the prices are good for all day tomorrow that works for me. I want Sonic but need to see how much cash I have left after buying a last minute gift as my best friend just had her baby today and my mother was so nice to tell me that I must get her flowers and stuff when I see her in the hospital tomorrow lol.

I like the method you do, if the sale sucks why bother running it as it does nothing to help any party involved.

#1213 Platinumstorm

Platinumstorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

A lot of the time I give negative feedback to Amazon for having crappy deals [particularly throughout this year with PC games compared to console deals]. These Sega deals are really awesome. I haven't purchased anything because I know that I wouldn't play Shogun because I didn't play Medieval 2 when I received it as a gift, but they're really nice deals - same with sonic.

I've been really torn between Sonic and Rayman - ultimately going with Rayman, so just waiting for Rayman PS3 to hit $15-20, I think, and then will bite. Feel terrible about waiting for the price to drop to that, but must save money.

#1214 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

Totally bit on Total War - Shogun 2 and all DLC. (Finally) Thanks Amazon!

#1215 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:53 AM

Fair enough, as long as the prices are good for all day tomorrow that works for me. I want Sonic but need to see how much cash I have left after buying a last minute gift as my best friend just had her baby today and my mother was so nice to tell me that I must get her flowers and stuff when I see her in the hospital tomorrow lol.

I like the method you do, if the sale sucks why bother running it as it does nothing to help any party involved.

I can tell you that they will be live, with some new additions (Renegade Ops for $3 anyone?) through tomorrow.

Congratulations on your friend's baby, I'm about to be an uncle for the second time so I'll be doing the flower thing as well shortly.

Cheers,
Tony

#1216 agentghost

agentghost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

hmm.. if Tropico 4 is not Steam activated, then what's the dlc? where can I get them if I buy the main game from Amazon? (Amazon doesn't offer the 2 dlcs >.<)

#1217 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:13 AM

Caved and bought the Genesis Mega Pack and Sonic Generations.

#1218 zalep

zalep

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

Good deal on Tropico

#1219 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

Caved and bought the Genesis Mega Pack and Sonic Generations.

You make that sound like a bad thing! That is a lot of gaming at an awesome value :).

Cheers,
Tony

#1220 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

Fuuuuuuu-

Jusr got Tropico 4 on the Steam daily deal yesterday :(

#1221 Zin_LG

Zin_LG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:14 AM

You make that sound like a bad thing! That is a lot of gaming at an awesome value :).

Cheers,
Tony

Not a bad thing at all just so many deals that I need to get someone to guard my wallet.

#1222 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:42 AM

I can tell you that they will be live, with some new additions (Renegade Ops for $3 anyone?) through tomorrow.

Even though this is the console version review from GiantBomb and there Quicklook goes on for almost 50 mins, that game looks like a crazy old-school top-down vehicle shooter w/ modern graphics.

#1223 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:27 AM

Renegade Ops for $3 would be an instant buy for me. Also Tropico 4 for $5 is an outstanding deal.

#1224 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:28 AM

Renegade Ops for $3 would be Will Be an instant buy for me. Also Tropico 4 for $5 is an outstanding deal.

There you go, I fixed it for you :)

Cheers,
Tony

#1225 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:37 AM

There you go, I fixed it for you :)

Cheers,
Tony

Lol... Love it.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#1226 ceve2001

ceve2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:43 AM

hmm.. if Tropico 4 is not Steam activated, then what's the dlc? where can I get them if I buy the main game from Amazon? (Amazon doesn't offer the 2 dlcs >.<)

Amazon does offer, and it's the same price. I tried the trial at Steam, and for $5 that's an instant buy. Loving the Amazon deals!

#1227 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:46 AM

I'm interested in Shogun 2 but I have a couple of questions first, 1. how hard is the game? is it newb friendly would I enjoy myself or is it hard to get into, I have only played one RTS game before which was Warcraft III years ago 2. I see all the DLC is also on sale are any of them worth getting?

O6d6OER.jpg

#1228 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:48 AM

I hate to be a party pooper. I love Tony's work and Amazon's deals and I love this program to give Steam some competition, but I just gotta come in and hate up the place. I didn't like Renegade Ops at all. It does what it does, but the action was not satisfying enough and the vehicle controls too annoying for me to derive much enjoyment from the game. The game also never really expands on the premise it launches with. Every single mission is practically a carbon copy of the first, with only a few decent actiony crazy driving runs here and there, and even those are weaker because of your cars perverse love of flipping
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1229 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:50 AM

I would be all over Tropico if it was Steam Activated. However my copy of Tropico 3 and expansion from D2D have been sitting unplayed for over a year now and spending 5 bucks to add to the pile doesn't make sense.

23480.png

#1230 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:54 AM

I hate to be a party pooper. I love Tony's work and Amazon's deals and I love this program to give Steam some competition, but I just gotta come in and hate up the place. I didn't like Renegade Ops at all. It does what it does, but the action was not satisfying enough and the vehicle controls too annoying for me to derive much enjoyment from the game. The game also never really expands on the premise it launches with. Every single mission is practically a carbon copy of the first, with only a few decent actiony crazy driving runs here and there, and even those are weaker because of your cars perverse love of flipping

Party pooper? Hate up the place?

Thanks for the kind words about the deals we're running and my participation with your awesome community but I really hope I don't convey a sense that I look down on any sort of criticism of the games we put on sale! I wish you guys would venture over to the Amazon Digital Video Games forums from time to time and breathe some Core Gaming life into them.

I limit my discussion to what deals we're running and when because that's the focus of this particular medium, but I'm always happy to hear about how this group feels about the content of the games themselves...I might not always agree with you but it is awesome to talk about.

That being said, I'm pumped about Renegade Ops for $3 because I'm going to gift it to a couple of my cousins :)....the kind of gameplay you described above is exactly their style...the crazy driving that is...

Seriously though, no hate felt, no party pooped!

Cheers,
Tony