• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6736 replies to this topic

#151 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:58 AM

Tnx. That sucks. I am not a Origin fan.

No problem man. I'm not at all either, but it's a sacrifice I've made for better deals. We have to learn to live with it, because that's what EA is planning on using from now on, unfortunately... Damn Crysis 2...

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#152 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

Sorry for the confusion here, I try to make it super clear what activates on Steam by adding " - activates on steam" next to the deal.

Are you enjoying the game though?

Cheers,
Tony

#153 RColaUAB

RColaUAB

CAG-tastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:09 AM

Same here but I felt Darkspore was worth dealing with Origin. I may be in the minority but I feel that it is very enjoyable game with a lot of content and frequent updates.
19291.png

#154 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

Same here but I felt Darkspore was worth dealing with Origin. I may be in the minority but I feel that it is very enjoyable game with a lot of content and frequent updates.

I may not like Origin, but I'd be damned if I let that stop me from playing EA games. Spore, Darkspore, Mirror's Edge, all titles that I have on Origin that are SO worth the extra client. A very minor sidestep to play these amazing games.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#155 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Man, Darkspore looks like fun, but I want it to be a little cheaper. :( I try not to buy games unless they are 66% off retail. Someone convince me to buy this game and stop being so cheap lol. Has it ever gone on sale before?

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#156 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:09 AM

Man, Darkspore looks like fun, but I want it to be a little cheaper. :( I try not to buy games unless they are 66% off retail. Someone convince me to buy this game and stop being so cheap lol. Has it ever gone on sale before?

I'm obviously bias but in this case you're talking about $2.09 as the difference between 60 and 66% on a 4-star rated game that your fellow CAGs have said is a good pickup.

I picked up a copy, and although I haven't played a ton of it, I'm loving it so far.

Just my two cents :). By the way, the insight on the 6% difference being important is helpful and I appreciate the honest feedback!

Cheers,
Tony

#157 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

I'm obviously bias but in this case you're talking about $2.09 as the difference between 60 and 66% on a 4-star rated game that your fellow CAGs have said is a good pickup.

For the most part we're pretty hardcore when it comes to being cheap. :lol:

#158 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

For the most part we're pretty hardcore when it comes to being cheap. :lol:

I've noticed! It is a good litmus test for deal pricing though, so I'm glad you're so vocal about it. To be fair though, this is the lowest this game has been by a longshot based on the research I've done. I think the next best sale on this title has been $25.

Cheers,
Tony

#159 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

I've noticed! It is a good litmus test for deal pricing though, so I'm glad you're so vocal about it. To be fair though, this is the lowest this game has been by a longshot based on the research I've done. I think the next best sale on this title has been $25.

Cheers,
Tony

Damn, I think I'm going to have to bite with the knowledge that this is the best sale on the game so far. That 6% is what keeps me from going insane on Steam sales sometimes, so I established a guideline for myself to only buy games at 66% off or more. I've broken that guideline only once or twice in the last year and the two games I purchased were some of my most played titles (Borderlands- 250 hours PC, Borderlands 250 hours PS3) The second Borderlands 2 goes to 50% off or so, I'm gonna say "Screw the rules! I have money!" :lol:

Edit: where do you go to see the CD key for downloadable games on Amazon? I'd like to register it on Origin or whatever. :D

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

#160 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

Is game of thrones good?

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#161 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

Damn, I think I'm going to have to bite with the knowledge that this is the best sale on the game so far. That 6% is what keeps me from going insane on Steam sales sometimes, so I established a guideline for myself to only buy games at 66% off or more. I've broken that guideline only once or twice in the last year and the two games I purchased were some of my most played titles (Borderlands- 250 hours PC, Borderlands 250 hours PS3) The second Borderlands 2 goes to 50% off or so, I'm gonna say "Screw the rules! I have money!" :lol:

Edit: where do you go to see the CD key for downloadable games on Amazon? I'd like to register it on Origin or whatever. :D

Woohoo! Glad you picked it up! You find your keys in "your digital items" located just above the cart symbol in the upper right area of whatever page you are on. Once you click on that link just click through to "your games and software library" and look for the are that has "Games and Software" as the header. Once you click you will arrive at your "Games and Software. Just find your product key there and you are good to go!

Cheers,
Tony

#162 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

RAGE comes out on Tuesday any chance we'll get 20% off on it or should I pre-order it now to get the $10 credit.

k3t3QR6.jpg?1

#163 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

Woohoo! Glad you picked it up! You find your keys in "your digital items" located just above the cart symbol in the upper right area of whatever page you are on. Once you click on that link just click through to "your games and software library" and look for the are that has "Games and Software" as the header. Once you click you will arrive at your "Games and Software. Just find your product key there and you are good to go!

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the quick reply. Just got Darkspore registered on Origin. Time to go convince some friends to buy it now. >:S

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#164 brettsp

brettsp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

Looks like I just missed the darkspore deal...Oh well... I'll catch it the next time...

#165 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

Are you guys going to sell a RAGE for PC download?
I see you guys sell it in a Retail Box.

#166 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

Looks like I just missed the darkspore deal...Oh well... I'll catch it the next time...

Dammit. I didn't have time to convince my friends yet. :(

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

#167 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

Dammit. I didn't have time to convince my friends yet. :(

This has been fixed and the deal will run through the end of today (so until midnight) if randomdud still has friends to convince and brettsp wants to pick it up (you can catch it this time!)

Cheers,
Tony

#168 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

bump for last day of Darkspore deal of the week. I'll update at midnight PST with next week's deal of the week.

#169 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:24 AM

Definitely a great price.

#170 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

Ended up purchasing Darkspore yesterday after procrastinating forever. Looking forward to the next deal.
Posted Image

#171 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:34 AM

Definitely a great price.

Glad you think so...I have been trying to bring better deals to you guys with each week. I think you'll really love what we've got for you next week. I'll be posting it in a few hours, stay tuned!

#172 TraBuch

TraBuch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:37 AM

Normally, I would jump on this at this price, but I'm trying to hold off on these hack n slash dungeon crawlers until Diablo 3.

Great price though.

#173 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:51 AM

Added new Deal of the Week: $5 for King's Bounty - Platinum Edition!

Cheers,
Tony

#174 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:58 AM

Cheers,
Tony

Party on!!!

I can personally recommend this game especially to the people who liked Heroes of M&M. Plus this is (without a doubt) the cheapest I have seen this package ever.

3 games or a happy meal. Not a tough choice guys ;)

#175 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:10 AM

Here is a nice gameplay video of Armored Princess for those who want to get a better feel of the game:

Enjoy!

#176 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

So some of my favorite games of all time would be Final Fantasy Tactics and Vandal Hearts, would this be along similar lines? Can anyone with similar tastes recommend this?

I can't tell if its quite as hero and character driven. Also, Ive never played HMM.

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#177 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

This is a great deal and I highly recommend anyone that likes turn-based strategy games to get it.

#178 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

Seriously, anyone who has more then $5 in their bank account needs to purchase this. It's a no-brainer.

I'm currently (slowly) playing through Armored Princess which I picked up from Gamestop a few months ago for $5. And I thought that was a steal! Even though I've played through half of The Legend in the past, I'm tempted to get this just for Crossworlds.

#179 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

Cheers,
Tony

The original game is worth the $5 alone. The other 2 games are a bonus!

#180 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

This is definitely a very good price for a very good collection.

However, this is not the cheapest that King's Bounty Platinum has ever been. Devoted CAGs will remember it being $2.19 at Gamersgate on August 14th. :D