2011-12 NHL Season Thread

I have tickets to 9 regular season sharks games this year. We finally beefed up our blue line, in a big way, but our bottom 6 is questionable, namely the third line. That will probably be corrected before the trade deadline though. Hopefully we can get over the hump. Brent Burns baby!

Alright. Wings fan chiming in (as you may already know). Hoping for a deep playoff run this year.
No tip for Rookie of the Year but I'll go and say that the Cup will go to the Penguins over the Sharks. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

[quote name='Canadian_Man']Looking very forward to this season. I'll actually have disposable income and be able to go to a Habs game :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

That's what I did last year and got a partial-season ticket plan to the Flyers. I had a good time so I did it again.

This should be an interesting season after they traded Richards and Carter.

Got tickets to the season opener/banner raising vs Philly. Wasn't going to miss that after running out of money in the Finals.

If I remember correctly, Pacioretty's recovery was doing very well and he would either be ready for the start of the season as usual or miss at most a couple of games.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']I'll go and say that the Cup will go to the Penguins over the Sharks. Hopefully that doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]

It won't.

Sharks over Buffalo in the finals.

Just a heads up to xbox 360 owners. NHL jerseys and hats in the avatar marketplace. Now my avatar is a perfect representation of me down to the phone. Also I caught some of the B's vs Islanders rookie game last night, can not wait for the season to start.

[quote name='fieldkillah']Just a heads up to xbox 360 owners. NHL jerseys and hats in the avatar marketplace. Now my avatar is a perfect representation of me down to the phone. [/QUOTE]

It's about fucking time!

[quote name='jello44']It's about fucking time![/QUOTE]
Yeah I know, I have always said that the only avatar gear I would pay money for is a Bruins Jersey/hat.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']It won't.

Sharks over Buffalo in the finals.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I don't have Buffalo anywhere near the final 4. Not unless Miller plays like a Vezina winner.

2prtphv.jpg

This picture still blows my mind.

It's like I stepped into some parallel dimension.

The NHL network NHL on the fly has these new people reporting, I'm hoping they are doing like the teams playing and put in their minor league reporters in during preseason only...

Loving that I can watch hockey again.

The league is certainly taking the boarding rule seriously this pre-season. Hope they keep it up and remain consistent throughout the regular season.

I like than Brendan Shanahan has been publicly explaining the suspensions, as opposed to it being some mysterious, behind-the-scenes call.

Will James Reimer crack under the pressure that's been heaped upon his shoulders in Toronto? Will Ovechkin return to his former goal-scoring glory and tally 50+ goals this season? Will Jagr play a full season and score more than 20 goals in his return the NHL?

Find out this season on NHL Network! DROP THE PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='shieryda']Will James Reimer crack under the pressure that's been heaped upon his shoulders in Toronto? Will Ovechkin return to his former goal-scoring glory and tally 50+ goals this season? Will Jagr play a full season and score more than 20 goals in his return the NHL?

Find out this season on NHL Network! DROP THE PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Yes (Leafs will fail all together once again). Yes (Ovie wins scoring title or that's it and he will forever be a post 1993 Yzerman). Yes (I expect 30 to be reached and won't be shocked if he gets close to 40).

Gonna be a good night.

[quote name='jello44']So sorry that the Flyers ruined the banner raising ceremony in Boston.[/QUOTE]
Sorry we ruined your season last year, but we can't all get what we want. Was expecting a let down game after that long ceremony, thats how it usually goes.

Red Wings open the season at home against Ottawa. I'm going to go drinking with one of my good friends who just turned 21 today and watch the game with her and our buddies. Looking forward to watching Datsyuk all year long.

Was she the Red Wings Social Media Fan of the Day? Some girl who just turned 21 (and was going to see the game) won the honor.

[quote name='shieryda']Was she the Red Wings Social Media Fan of the Day? Some girl who just turned 21 (and was going to see the game) won the honor.[/QUOTE]

No no. I don't think she even remembers yesterday too much to be honest. I'm happy with our first two periods yesterday. Hopefully we play a full game against the Avs today. It's nice to start the season against teams that are lacking.

Yeah, he seems to be developing into a surprisingly decent power forward. I think Philly is a pretty good fit for a guy like him.

That skate slash on the Rangers player was pretty nasty. Made me cringe. People ask why I wear 15" shins, that's the reason right there.

bread's done
Back