• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#181 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

I didn't know they could fly.

I think it's 48 on the Pens, but that guy is lucky he didn't get a skate across the face. Maybe it's just the angles, but damn that looks close.
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#182 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

Which "it" do you mean? This record of yours?

There seems to be some mistake - I don't play for the team.

For that matter, nor do I even care about hockey that much. If they do this and then get bounced in round 1, shrug. But it's fun to watch it happening.

Or shall we celebrate the elimination of the tie that allowed the Red Wings' winning record to extend beyond 12 games?

Don't be bitter that (insert whatever the Fuck team you like) ain't doing it.

Only 27 more wins until they get to fight Noob Saibot.
Posted Image

#183 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Wings home streak ended last night at the hands of Alex Burrows. Didn't care too much for his stick-snapping gesture, though.

#184 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

Don't be bitter that (insert whatever the Fuck team you like) ain't doing it.

My team (Philadelphia) had the original win streak of 20, and they earned that record when there was no overtime, no shootouts. They won 20 straight games in regulation. No other team can claim to have done that - certainly not the Red Wings, who won 12 straight in regulation, and the 13th was in OT/shootout.

I don't dispute the legitimacy of this as an impressive feat, but it's not an equal comparison due to such significant differences in the game.

Wings home streak ended last night at the hands of Alex Burrows. Didn't care too much for his stick-snapping gesture, though.

He didn't actually break his stick, did he? I saw that this morning and giggled because it looked like a failed attempt. Either way, it's better than that Rangers shithead Anisimov "shooting" the goalie.
Posted Image

#185 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

No, he didn't break it. Just the shit-eating grin on his face and the reaction to the goal. I read that he slid across the ice, too, but I turned it off before I had a chance to see that.

#186 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

What do you guys think of the snow-showering that players do to opposing goalies? I really feel like the refs should give misconducts for that shit.

#187 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'd rather see officials become more consistent from crew to crew with existing penalties.

Snowing goalies is disrespectful, but I don't think it's urgent. NHL officials have a lot of other things they should be prioritizing.
Posted Image

#188 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Do you think they'll ever implement the no-touch icing?

#189 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

That's something I truly don't know about, so I couldn't speculate on it.
Posted Image

#190 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:02 AM

They absolutely should, it's basically the one thing Don Cherry is consistently correct about. It's incredibly dangerous the way it is.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#191 jello44

jello44

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

My team (Philadelphia) had the original win streak of 20, and they earned that record when there was no overtime, no shootouts. They won 20 straight games in regulation. No other team can claim to have done that - certainly not the Red Wings, who won 12 straight in regulation, and the 13th was in OT/shootout.

I don't dispute the legitimacy of this as an impressive feat, but it's not an equal comparison due to such significant differences in the game.

It was at home. Anyway they had already done it, WITHOUT the need for the gimmick shootout. Granted they should be UNBEATEN and not a straight up win.

The Flyers still hold the record for longest unbeaten streak. (Home/Away)

#192 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:15 AM

That Malkin goal today was incredible :hot:

#193 jello44

jello44

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

So much for that 1-3-1 trap.

#194 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

That Malkin goal today was incredible :hot:

Indeed. Contender for goal of the year.

#195 jello44

jello44

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

The Flyers won in a shootout WITH Byrzgalov.

I think that is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

#196 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

The Flyers won in a shootout WITH Byrzgalov.

I think that is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

I would agree with you, but since he was typical Bryz for the preceding 60 minutes (giving up softies, not aggressively going after shots, useless glove hand), it's just probability.
Posted Image

#197 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

^LOL

Malkin = A MONSTER

/thread.

Edit: No wait! DESTROYED!

Edited by VipFREAK, 27 February 2012 - 06:14 AM.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#198 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Wow, is the home announcing for the Bruins always so shamelessly homer-iffic? I get standing behind your team, but Christ.

Shanahan has already said they're not going to look at that hit any further. Which reinforces how random this stuff seems, you know? It'd be one thing if they didn't offer a harsher punishment (fine, suspension) - but to say they're not even going to look at it? That's not good PR, man.
Posted Image

#199 jello44

jello44

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Wow, is the home announcing for the Bruins always so shamelessly homer-iffic? I get standing behind your team, but Christ.

Shanahan has already said they're not going to look at that hit any further. Which reinforces how random this stuff seems, you know? It'd be one thing if they didn't offer a harsher punishment (fine, suspension) - but to say they're not even going to look at it? That's not good PR, man.

I can't tell who is worse. The Penguins announcers or the Bruins. They're both pretty fucking pathetic when it comes to homerism.

72768.png

#200 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Happy to see commodore gone.

#201 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Scratching my head a bit on the Codgson trade.

Trade List

#202 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Buffalo had a great day today, they fleeced Vancouver. Nashville too to a degree. The Bruins are still in Vancouver's head if they're making deals like this.

#203 Canadian_Man

Canadian_Man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:03 AM

I'm amazed Nashville gave a 1st round pick for Gaustad :-#

#204 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:17 AM

I'm a bit surprised that the Flyers stopped their trading after picking up Grossman and Kubina for very little (well, Grossman at any rate). I trust that it was the best decision to make, as there are a ton of excellent rookies on the team, and I can't think of too many I'd like to see traded away.

Hanging onto Bobrovsky is a solid idea as well. He has a much better long term upside, and while I'm (naively) hopeful that Bryz can find his happy place and perform in our very demanding city, if that doesn't pan out, Bobs can certainly at least perform at Bryz' level. :lol:
Posted Image

#205 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

http://www.nbclearn....e-of-nhl-hockey

Trade List

#206 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:55 AM

#207 Nifty_Shark

Nifty_Shark

Still not The Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

Went to the Wings game today. Not much to cheer about as we got some more injuries. Nice full house this afternoon

#208 combatFlexo

combatFlexo

Who are those guys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

I love how they always try to fight Kronwall after he destroys someone on a clean hit.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TRAGINIS

Spoiler

Battlenet ID: Traginis#1577

#209 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Clean? My ass. If the person who laid out that hit was Rinaldo or Sestito, they'd be suspended for 5 games easy. Shoulder straight to the fucking skull.

Pretty sweet to have Your Man Shanahan in charge of that sort of thing, eh?
Posted Image

#210 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

I see it as the same as the Umberger hit.

lol, Jerko as a back up B? Ouch.

Trade List