Back to the Future: The Game Special Editions @ Telltale Store! (PC only)

tridon

CAGiversary!
Just saw this on Facebook... Telltale Games is releasing Back to the Future: The Game on DVD for the PC this month. It's unfortunate that they are not releasing these for all systems (especially PS3, since that's what I own), but it's still super sweet for those who're interested!

There's two available editions: 1) the Collector's Edition for $24.99, which features all five episodes, an art gallery and videos that include behind-the-scenes segments and trailers, and 2) the Special Deluxe Edition for $44.99, which comes with everything in the CE plus physical post cards, a copy of Emmett's notebook and a photo album of Hill Valley.

The Special Deluxe Edition is apparently limited with only 2,500 copies to be produced. It also says "Limited 1 discounted Deluxe Pack per game purchase". Not sure what that means, exactly. Maybe if you buy more than one, the second will cost more than $44.99?

I think these sets are incredibly awesome. I don't game on my PC at all, but I think these would be great to own as I'm a big Back to the Future fan. I've already played these on my PS3, so it may be worth it just to own them as collector's items. I love how they both feature spoofs on the film series' original cover art/posters, too.

You can check them out at http://www.telltalegames.com/backtothefuture-dvd if you're interested! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a deal if you bought the season and want the Special Deluxe edition? I didnt buy the season but was wondering if there was anyway at all to get the SDE at a cheaper price.

They always do this, btw.

Yes, you do get a discount if you bought the season and want the Deluxe physical Edition.

[quote name='tridon']It's unfortunate that they are not releasing these for all systems (especially PS3, since that's what I own)[/QUOTE]

I think you must have missed the announcement that there will be a retail release for PS3 and Wii this holiday season. Gamestop is listing it at $19.99 for both systems with a release date of 10/25/11.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-862

Also, for customers who already purchased the series through Telltale, you can upgrade to the Deluxe version for $19.99 plus shipping.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']I think you must have missed the announcement that there will be a retail release for PS3 and Wii this holiday season. Gamestop is listing it at $19.99 for both systems with a release date of 10/25/11.

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-862

Also, for customers who already purchased the series through Telltale, you can upgrade to the Deluxe version for $19.99 plus shipping.[/QUOTE]

He's probably talking about the special editions..

Dammitt. I also want the deluxe edition, though I'm definitely buying the regular edition soon. I just wish Telltale did retail versions of their special editions, but they don't do that.
... And there's a Wii version?!

bread's done
Back