Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Game Downloads - Magicka $4.99 (50% off)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: How much would you pay for Magicka?

How much would you pay for Magicka?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

• Retailer Representative

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

75% off! Now that's how you do it!

Saw a thread on SlickDeals, and I let a few of my friends know. Come here, and I see people already talking about it at 3 in the morning. Word of your deals is spreading fast, Tony!

I already own this one, so I'll be passing... unless; is there a way to buy the game and "gift" it to someone? Or is the purchase immediately linked to my Amazon account?

Anyway, glad you made 75% off happen. I believe that means you beat Steam's lowest price, which is important amongst the CAG community (as I'm sure you're quickly becoming aware).

Keep 'em coming :-)

You can definitely buy copies of this for your friends. Just buy the game and send them the activation code :)

Cheers,
Tony

#32 kosmos13x

kosmos13x

Nocturne #BNC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Thanks Kos, we were probably writing our posts at the same time :).

haha I guess I won this round by a hair :P

In the end, I don't think anyone can complain about a 2.49 base game price (I think that's the cheapest i have seen it even compared to steam summer sale). It is a good price for new buyers to get into the game and for current owners to spread the Magi love around with their friends.

I personally already own everything Magicka already, but I'll do my part in advertising that price to some friends of mine who were already interested in getting this game!

#33 IronSerif

IronSerif

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Picking up a copy...or two...thanks :)

#34 oc_bastard

oc_bastard

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

In for one and downloading now. Awesome deal.

ach.png

#35 TheRobReport

TheRobReport

Stoned Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

Nice i'll have to dl this when I get off work, keep the steam games activatable games coming!

#36 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

As much as I appreciate having an Amazon rep on these boards, asking for feedback on a potential deal probably doesn't belong in the Deals section.

Really?

People ramble on for pages and pages here and say the same thing over and over "Whoops another one for the backlog." "looks like the backlog is getting bigger" "I have 500 backlogged games, here's another!" or "guys this is a great deal" "it's under $20, you should own it" "I wish I didn't own this already, such a great deal"

and you're giving the Amazon rep crap because he wants some feedback on what you think about the deal? It's the same thing! "Too expensive, didn't buy" "Whoops another one for the backlog" "I'd rather see new games like Warhammer Space marine up there"

I guess if someone is asking in these forums, people don't want to help but people are willing to give their redundant opinion when unprovoked. :applause:

#37 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

Really?

People ramble on for pages and pages here and say the same thing over and over "Whoops another one for the backlog." "looks like the backlog is getting bigger" "I have 500 backlogged games, here's another!" or "guys this is a great deal" "it's under $20, you should own it" "I wish I didn't own this already, such a great deal"

and you're giving the Amazon rep crap because he wants some feedback on what you think about the deal? It's the same thing! "Too expensive, didn't buy" "Whoops another one for the backlog" "I'd rather see new games like Warhammer Space marine up there"

I guess if someone is asking in these forums, people don't want to help but people are willing to give their redundant opinion when unprovoked. :applause:

It wasn't a deal at the time he posted the poll. He was asking what would be an acceptable deal. If he wants feedback on a potential deal, there's a section of these forums for that, Deal Discussion. And honestly, given 3 choices for price, who's not going to pick the cheapest one?

When people post "one for the backlog" or "too expensive" or whatnot, at least it's relevant to a deal being posted, and not asking for feedback. I can understand how that can clutter a thread though.

The mods (and Cheapy) let this one stay here though, and they make the rules. I won't complain on any future threads. :D

#38 Mavromatis

Mavromatis

Mavromatis Lozay

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:07 PM

Anyone willing to buy me a copy and send the steam key?
I'll paypal the money.
Posted Image

#39 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Really?

Its simple. When Tony signed up he becomes a CAG and should fit in with the rules and culture here. I'm sure he will in time like our other reps. He should also receive the same scrutiny any CAG does when posting threads. The criticism is just as helpful as praise. No one is telling him to get out.

If a non-retailer CAG posted a question or the $8 Bioshock2 deal they would have been blasted...our amazon rep gets borderline love letters instead :lol:

#40 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

yeah already have it too :(

but i going to tell my friends to pick it up atleast

#41 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

Great deal, these are the types of deals that will make Amazon compete with Steam. You just have to keep 'em coming.

#42 Akira119

Akira119

Your doing it wrong!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the great deal. It irks me that fellow people on this site treat reps like you so bad. I'm very thankful for your (and others) time and effort to include a community like CAG in building promotions like these.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to what you and your team do.

#43 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

I don't have Magicka. I would like it, as cheap as possible, pretty please.

It's a neat little game... you should enjoy it.

#44 deletion

deletion

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:52 PM

it's nice to have an amazon rep as part of the community and offering up deals. i'm all for it. poll or no polls, you're always gonna get us wanting the lowest price, because we're cheapasses! :) i don't play these type of games but to support ya, i'll buy one!!! can it be activated on steam?

#45 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

it's nice to have an amazon rep as part of the community and offering up deals. i'm all for it. poll or no polls, you're always gonna get us wanting the lowest price, because we're cheapasses! :) i don't play these type of games but to support ya, i'll buy one!!! can it be activated on steam?

Thanks man! Yep this can be activated on Steam :)

#46 SirChadlyOC

SirChadlyOC

Leveling up builds character

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

I realize the poll was part of marketing scheme to get me to agree into buying a game at a certain price before it even reached that price, but I think it's such a clever, novel concept that I appreciate and support it.

Thanks for the deal, OP, and I hope we can continue this working relationship further. :)

#47 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

really?

People ramble on for pages and pages here and say the same thing over and over "whoops another one for the backlog." "looks like the backlog is getting bigger" "i have 500 backlogged games, here's another!" or "guys this is a great deal" "it's under $20, you should own it" "i wish i didn't own this already, such a great deal"

and you're giving the amazon rep crap because he wants some feedback on what you think about the deal? It's the same thing! "too expensive, didn't buy" "whoops another one for the backlog" "i'd rather see new games like warhammer space marine up there"

i guess if someone is asking in these forums, people don't want to help but people are willing to give their redundant opinion when unprovoked. :applause:

+1

#48 ScubaKev

ScubaKev

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Thanks man! Yep this can be activated on Steam :)

I do believe it MUST be activated on Steam, no? I started the installer, put in the activation code, and it immediately informed me that it was activated on Steam. I then cancelled the installer, deleted the 600MB download Amazon did, and started the install from the Steam client. I'm very happy this comes directly from Steam for the future.

#49 Darth Sontin

Darth Sontin

Ostrava of Boletaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

$2.50 for a game that can be activated on Steam? I'm in!
Posted Image

#50 MinatoKun

MinatoKun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:41 PM

Looks like a good game at this price, i'll definately be biting :D

#51 Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon DVG Deals

Amazon Official Rep

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Looks like a good game at this price, i'll definately be biting :D

Glad to hear, FYI I'd recommend you bite today :)

I LOVE this game, and wish there were more "quirky" games out there to play...Telltale games are the pinnacle of game authorship (story and copywriting) in my opinion.

#52 wageslave

wageslave

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

I'm trying to get some of my friends and family to get copies of this so we can have a LAN party. I even offered to buy it for some of them, but it's difficult to get them into anything not World of Warcraft, emulated, or pirated. You can lead a horse to water...

Edit: Maybe I'll just buy an extra copy and sit on it until I find someone who wants to play. Plus, it's not a game, but I did find something else from Amazon that I wanted for the house. This is going on my front door:

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B003AYUSVY

Tony, if I order items related to video games and other items related to guns, I don't get on a list that is sent to the FBI do I? :)

Edited by wageslave, 14 September 2011 - 11:09 PM.
addition

Tier Pargon Pargon Redgormor Pargon Pargon Mantorok

#53 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

$2.50 for a game that can be activated on Steam? I'm in!

Same here. If I get a great deal through Amazon, but can let Steam handle everything else, everybody wins. Purchased!

#54 wageslave

wageslave

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

I would be interested in some of the DLC as I already have the main game.

It is worth mentioning that the DLC for Magicka is currently 50% off at steam. I think that deal will be good for 5 days. However, if we buy from Amazon through a link from CAG, we are helping Cheapy and Tony. I think we should support our benefactors who have been so good to us as much as possible. I'm sure if the sales in the Amazon download store through CAG remain strong, Tony will be willing and able to throw more deals our way. Therefore, I am holding off for now to see if Amazon can price match the DLC. :bouncy:
Tier Pargon Pargon Redgormor Pargon Pargon Mantorok

#55 Nesrie

Nesrie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

Wow that's a nice price for the game. There isn't a way to buy a game and gift it via Amazon yet right?

#56 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

Wow that's a nice price for the game. There isn't a way to buy a game and gift it via Amazon yet right?

You can just send them the code you get

#57 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

if you look at all the reviews on amazon about magika, there are tons of people complaining that it activates on steam and that they want a refund. But on CAG, as soon as people see that it does activate on steam, we're all over it. lol.

everyone's favorite reason is their worst.

#58 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:02 AM

Snagged a copy. Tony, you are the man. Thank you!
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#59 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

Good deal - if I didn't already own it, I'd be on top of this.

#60 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

I have $10 credit listed under SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES on Amazon. It's the same pop-up window that also shows other credit available like for Kindle and MP3. When I attempt to buy Magicka it doesn't deduct anything. It doesn't appear to work on physical game purchases either. How do I use it then?