Halo Reach Legendary Edition (360) $49.99 at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:44 PM

Seems like it is OOS online and for ship-to-store. So unless your store has a copy in stock you are out of luck.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#32 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

man, I really want halo 3 legendary. or just the helmet. this statue is ok... too bad i already have reach.

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#33 INSANE CANES

INSANE CANES

Gun and Snake trader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info

#34 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

I see these legendary boxes at Best Buy whenever I go in there. Those things are frickin HUGE!! I'd pay someone $50 to get that thing out of my house. ;)

#35 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

Any idea whether the Limited edition will ever get a sale or clearance? I am not interested in something that takes up this much space... the Limited edition seems like the smarter choice in that case.

Buy the legendary and sell the code and statue. then you'd have a great deal on the limited edition.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#36 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

I have 3 available locally, and another 3 or so within an 1.5 hours. Might have to pick up one or two if the codes still sell well.

#37 shark974

shark974

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:21 PM

I kind of want this, and my closest best buy clearly says they are in stock right now (while all the other ones are out)! Rather tempting, if it's true you can sell the helmet code for 45.

However I'm a grown man, and already have Reach, and have less than zero need or space for a silly statue...

#38 PopCall

PopCall

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

W.T.F. Why? Cuz they make money off the shipping and handling or something like that? That's retarded. It's like a computer professor asking you to write a program and then requiring you to submit it to him only in hardcopy form.

It's actually nothing like that.

#39 warfare360

warfare360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

Be weary of their online inventory tracker, the only best buy in my town was OOS, but I saw about 10 of them a few days ago, went in to look today, still had a huge 4X4 stack of em, and 4 sitting right next to the game trade in counter. The price was still marked 79.99 though, but they rang up correctly at the register, had the page loaded on my phone just in case though.

#40 warfare360

warfare360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

However I'm a grown man, and already have Reach, and have less than zero need or space for a silly statue...

I ordered reach from gohasting`s 10 buck deal and traded it in to BB for 24 bucks with the gears pre order, got my gift card and canceled the pre order all because I wanted that statue lol. I still feel bad for missing out on the halo 3 helmet statue.

#41 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

Will best buy price match drop in price? Just bought this a few days ago.

Buy one at $50, return this new one with the old receipt.

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#42 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Buy one at $50, return this new one with the old receipt.

+1000

I do this all the time. It's too much trouble to price match. The CSRs are sometimes clueless, they have to call someone else over to enter some override code, they make some excuse about why price match doesn't apply here, blah, blah, blah.

Easiest thing is what you suggested. Buy and return with old receipt. Accomplishes the exact same thing in way less time and hassle.

#43 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

I ordered reach from gohasting`s 10 buck deal and traded it in to BB for 24 bucks with the gears pre order, got my gift card and canceled the pre order all because I wanted that statue lol. I still feel bad for missing out on the halo 3 helmet statue.

I am going to do this tomorrow and put towards Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 since I didnt get the original. It will get me it for like $20.

#44 Luuc

Luuc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

From the time of the first post, the BB website said no stores near me had any in stock. That was odd to me considering two days a go I saw 3 of them my local store. So I decided to walk in and check; sure enough, there was one there. I had the guy at the gaming counter scan it and it rang up $49.99. I immediately bought it, much to his chagrin as he'd been waiting for it to drop.

I did the same thing to the poor guy when :ps3: Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition dropped. >.>

Thanks for the heads up, Cheapy!

#45 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

Really may have to bite on this. TIV is low for vanilla Reach but I may just bite anyway lol

#46 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

Anyone who bought this can tell me what the UPC code is on the Limited Edition game and on the standard game inside it again?

I want to make sure it has a UPC and what it is (in some cases they will not have the UPC and say not for resale).

Pretty please? Thanks!

#47 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

Anyone who bought this can tell me what the UPC code is on the Limited Edition game and on the standard game inside it again?

I want to make sure it has a UPC and what it is (in some cases they will not have the UPC and say not for resale).

Pretty please? Thanks!

There isn't going to be a UPC. It will have a not for resale message on it.

#48 Numidian

Numidian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

Wait, I have a copy of Halo Reach I got from a Legendary Edition and it has a UPC code (0 00017 01419 9). And I don't see "Not for resale" anywhere on it.

#49 gamingdroid

gamingdroid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

Wait, I have a copy of Halo Reach I got from a Legendary Edition and it has a UPC code (0 00017 01419 9). And I don't see "Not for resale" anywhere on it.

Thanks!

#50 chingychink2005

chingychink2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Probably different for xbox games. All ps3 bundled games will have a "not for resale" upc on the back

#51 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

Pretty please? Thanks!

I'm going off of my memory, but I'm 99% sure it just has a different UPC code instead of "not for resale". I believe it also comes in a black case instead of a green one.
vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#52 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

no copies available in Richmond, VA

could have sworn the store near me had half a dozen just two weeks ago

ship to store from online won't ship here either so oh well

#53 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Pretty please? Thanks!

The UPC on the game is 000017014199. As ragingst0rm6 said, it comes in a black game case. The Limited Edition box inside the Legendary Edition doesn't have a UPC (no plastic slipcover).
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#54 CaptainZombie

CaptainZombie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:46 AM

Picked one up during lunch today, they still had 3 more in stock. I plan to keep the statue and game, selling off the DLC which almost pays for this. :)

#55 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:03 AM

Year old game? Failing IP? Thirty dollars, bro? Super pass, like most are saying.

#56 Camaro4ever

Camaro4ever

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

Just got mine tonight, going to trade in my normal copy during the 50% bonus at GameStop, and sell the DLC on eBay, thanks guys!

#57 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

Got me a pricematch yesterday of $10.95 after picking up 1 of the remaining 3 copies last week (and hassling the video game supervisor to reduce the price from $79 listed to $59, which he did, just to get rid of it).

May sell the DLC, but really happy to get legendary after watching the price forever, now.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#58 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

+1000

I do this all the time. It's too much trouble to price match. The CSRs are sometimes clueless, they have to call someone else over to enter some override code, they make some excuse about why price match doesn't apply here, blah, blah, blah.

Easiest thing is what you suggested. Buy and return with old receipt. Accomplishes the exact same thing in way less time and hassle.

This. ^ Obviously it's a little more difficult if you're PMing a competitor for a price adjustment, but after a few bs excuses, I'm getting a little tired of retailers finding loopholes in their PM policies. Also, it means you get to play your game AND still wait for that price drop.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#59 yokedog22

yokedog22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:12 AM

my store had them for $25, was a store specific thing, they had to enter a manager special thing during checkout

#60 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:56 AM

my store had them for $25, was a store specific thing, they had to enter a manager special thing during checkout

you lucky bastard
:applause:

Yea I picked up mine the other day. Haven't opened it up yet...I dunno where am I going to put the statues.