Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Xbox360/PS3) $19.99 w/FS Newegg.com

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']As a reminder: All DLC in the 360 port remains download-only (none of it is on the disc like with the PS3 port).[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you posted the reminder, since it's pretty weird/lame.

I bought the Playstation one because of that.

i have the 360 version and when i download and installed the DLC, some of the modes dont work. Like mercenaries... it just shows me an error. i think it was a disc read error. some of the other modes are fine. i tried deleting the files and clear cache or whatever... still dont work. i gave up on that.

[quote name='trunks982']. . .when i download and installed the DLC, some of the modes dont work. . .[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem and called Microsoft's customer service desk. The tech had me delete and download part of the DLC a second time to get it working. It's not an uncommon problem with RE5 DLC, unfortunately.

[quote name='sunghost']If you have move, I'd get the PS3 Gold Edition. The controls make a HUGE difference.[/QUOTE]

I have played both versions in different occasions and to me the controls are not different at all, I think the big difference here is the DLC, the PS3 has it all in one disc, while the 360 you got to download it, but also it has been stated that the 360 version looks slightly better than the ps3 version(like usual on most multi-releases).

[quote name='john718']I have played both versions in different occasions and to me the controls are not different at all, I think the big difference here is the DLC, the PS3 has it all in one disc, while the 360 you got to download it, but also it has been stated that the 360 version looks slightly better than the ps3 version(like usual on most multi-releases).[/QUOTE]

Uhm.. Are you saying you've played the PS3 version with a move controller? That's kind of like saying that the gamecube version of RE4's controls are no different than the wii version, which definitely isn't true. RE5 gold edition's move controls are very similar to RE4 wii, except the aim reticule position isn't saved in RE5 gold like it is in RE4 wii.

I can understand if you were talking about the standard controls for the 360 vs. PS3 which should generally be the same, but there's no way the move controls aren't different. Your aiming is going to be way more accurate with the move motion controller 100% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's way less accurate with the Wii's controller, though Move seems like a better functioning version of the same idea I guess.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's way less accurate with the Wii's controller, though Move seems like a better functioning version of the same idea I guess.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain? I had no issues with using the wiimote. I have both the gamecube version and wii, played through both and had a far easier time using the wiimote to aim, so much that it felt like a new game. The only disadvantage I had with RE4 was adjusting the camera, which I got used to. RE5 is a bit different, I think you can sidestep/adjust the camera with the dualshock but not with the move controls. I can see how some might be annoyed by that, but I'd personally rather have superior aiming.

[quote name='sunghost']Can you explain? I had no issues with using the wiimote. I have both the gamecube version and wii, played through both and had a far easier time using the wiimote to aim, so much that it felt like a new game. The only disadvantage I had with RE4 was adjusting the camera, which I got used to. RE5 is a bit different, I think you can sidestep/adjust the camera with the dualshock but not with the move controls. I can see how some might be annoyed by that, but I'd personally rather have superior aiming.[/QUOTE]

I just meant like in general the Wii's camera controls can't be as accurate as a normal controller. I know they changed the gameplay in it somehow, so maybe in that specific game it actually is (since the game isn't really about aiming normally).

Hey Everyone,

Given that all the extra content for the 360 version comes as DLC, I was wondering if the extra content such as "Lost In Nightmares" is immediately available after the download?

The reason why I am asking is because my current Xbox doesn't have the data where I completed RE5 the first time around.

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']Hey Everyone,

Given that all the extra content for the 360 version comes as DLC, I was wondering if the extra content such as "Lost In Nightmares" is immediately available after the download?

The reason why I am asking is because my current Xbox doesn't have the data where I completed RE5 the first time around.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's actually separate from the single-player, so you're good to go. The same goes for the other mini-campaign "Desperate Escape."

[quote name='mac101010']Yeah, it's actually separate from the single-player, so you're good to go. The same goes for the other mini-campaign "Desperate Escape."[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for clarifying. I'm excited that I'll be able to play the mini-campaigns right from the start without having to beat the game again!

[quote name='karyadi']Is the gold edition better than the platinum edition?[/QUOTE]

Is that a serious question? Platinum=Greatest Hits. Gold=Game of the Year.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Is that a serious question? Platinum=Greatest Hits. Gold=Game of the Year.[/QUOTE]

Gold doesn't = goty..lol.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Gold doesn't = goty..lol.[/QUOTE]

Um in this case yes it does.

A game of the year edition for almost ANY game means it has some if not all the DLC. This has all the DLC so this is the equivalent of a GotY.:roll:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um in this case yes it does.

A game of the year edition for almost ANY game means it has some if not all the DLC. This has all the DLC so this is the equivalent of a GotY.:roll:[/QUOTE]

You just owned that guy. O.w.n.e.d ........ got it memorized ?

Played through it once with a friend on co-op, but I've always wanted to play through again alone. But RE4 HD is coming out soon for $20.

Hm...

A game of the year edition for almost ANY game means it has some if not all the DLC. This has all the DLC so this is the equivalent of a GotY.:roll:[/QUOTE]
But it's NOT called a Goty edition. It doesn't even matter, it's just the name. Also "ALMOST ANY GAME" does not mean "EVERY GAME" and while GoTY is essentially does the same thing this does, doesn't mean a damn thing.

:roll:

This is a pretty solid deal for those who don't have a PS3, but the fact that the content is on the PS3 BD disc means you probably want that version if you own PS3/360.

The extra content in the gold edition is great, but usually only for those who topped out the old RE5 content. DE is decent action, LiN is a lousy nostalgia grab for the old days of RE only with all tedium and zero tension.

The gem here is Mercenaries which STILL tops the list whenever I have co-op game sessions with my buddies. If you can suck down the lousy story mode and really get into the finer details of the gunplay, Mercenaries is where the game shoots off that light into the sky, the whole ground shakes, and the game's true delight is revealed.

Wrong-o, dude. If it was a GOTY Edition that's what it would be called. Gold is used to signify the extra content.

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: at all of the 'discussion' regarding GotY and GE, etc.

I wish they would have put that small bit of DLC on the disc, but this is a pretty fun game.

Damn, would have been all over the PS3 version. I've been wanting to try out the dlc, and playing again with move controls could be fun.

I don't know if it was just the first batch of the gold edition, but I remember seeing an embossed foil/paper sleeve for all these in store. Still do. But i just got my PS3 copy of this and it didn't have it. I don't really care for $10, $20 cheaper, but if you want that you should find it in a store.

This is from an order on Newegg. I don't know if Amazon includes the sleeve

[quote name='Xenogears']I don't know if it was just the first batch of the gold edition, but I remember seeing an embossed foil/paper sleeve for all these in store. Still do. But i just got my PS3 copy of this and it didn't have it. I don't really care for $10, $20 cheaper, but if you want that you should find it in a store.

This is from an order on Newegg. I don't know if Amazon includes the sleeve[/QUOTE]

Received my 360 copy today. It had the gold foil sleeve.

bread's done
Back