Walmart.com has some $5-$7 blu-rays for sale!! Free site to store shipping!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Some of these I have seen as part of their $5 in store sales before, but didn't see them online.

Good chance for those that can never find these in store to pick them up with site to store.

Since I don't think it's an actual advertised sale, don't really have a link, but here's the blu-ray page link,

http://www.walmart.com/cp/blu-ray/616859

$5
Road House
Ernest Scared Stupid
Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend
An Innocent Man
Ernest Goes To Camp
Cujo
The Relic
Big Business
Ernest Goes To Jail
Another Stakeout
Supercop/Twin Dragons
Drop Zone
Hard Rain
Money For Nothing
Terminator
My Father The Hero
The Silence of the Lambs
Straight Talk
Way of War
V.I. Warshawski
Misery
The Gun In Betty Lou's Handbag
Consenting Adults
Play It to The Bone
Rescue Dawn
Holy Matrimony
Betsy's Wedding
The Tie That Binds
The Haunting In Connecticut
Kickboxer
Last Dance
The Marrying Man
Near Dark
Scenes From A Mall
Graduate
Child's Play
Mr. Brooks
The War at Home
Flyboys
Miami Rhapsody
This is Spinal Tap
Stir of Echoes
Ronin

$6
The Quick and the Dead
Ninja
The Legend of Zorro
Gabriel Iglesias: Hot and Fluffy
My Bloody Valentine 3D
Stargate
Rambo
Rambo II
Universal Soldier
See No Evil
Saw V
The Way of the Gun
Young Guns
Chaos
The Invincible Iron Man

$6.50
The Simpsons Movie
Big
Young Frankenstein
James Bond: Goldfinger Ultimate Edition
Man of Fire
Eragon
X-Men
Slumdog Millionaire
X-2
Ice Age Meltdown
Predator 2
The Wrestler
Australia
The Day The Earth Stood Still
Never Say Never Again
Fargo
Driven to Kill
Bride Wars
The Princess Bride
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Babylon A.D.
Jennifer's Body
Jumper
Day After Tomorrow
My Cousin Vinny

$7
Closer
American Psycho
Total Recall
Wedding Singer
Stranger than Fiction
Good Luck Chuck
Basic Instinct
Frailty
Happily Never After
Larry the Cable Guy
Disaster Movie

Last edited by a moderator:
Battle Of Britain and Windtalkers is coming up at $4.50 on the site right now as well. A few good deals in here such as The Silence Of The Lambs and Misery. I might have to pick up a few. Thanks for posting.

Not bad. I actually like a couple of the $6.50 ones better though. I may get The Princess Bride + Young Frankenstein for $14 after tax with free site to store pickup...any chance I could find either of them any cheaper than that? It seems like a good deal to me anyway.

edit: screw it I checked quick and this seems like a good deal for both of them. Thanks for the post wouldnt have seen them otherwise.

edit again: Also The Illusionist is $9 which is a decent price for it I think

[quote name='ShockandAww']Not bad. I actually like a couple of the $6.50 ones better though. I may get The Princess Bride + Young Frankenstein for $14 after tax with free site to store pickup...any chance I could find either of them any cheaper than that? It seems like a good deal to me anyway.

edit: screw it I checked quick and this seems like a good deal for both of them. Thanks for the post wouldnt have seen them otherwise.

edit again: Also The Illusionist is $9 which is a decent price for it I think[/QUOTE]

I will put up a more comprehensive list with all of the blurays under $10 from walmart.com when I get back from class later in the evening.

Would have done that to begin with, but was out of time so had to bounce.

On public transportation ATM :(

great find op

picked up:

Spinal Tap - $5.00 (was waiting for a long while for a good deal on this)
It's Always Sunny Christmas - $7.50 (same patience as Spinal Tap)
The Princess Bride - $6.50
Slumdog Millionaire - $6.50
Rescue Dawn - $5.00

Total: $30.50

Pretty awesome haul is you ask me.

Thanks, got Terminator, X-Men, X-Men 2, Silence of the lambs, Ernest Scared Stupid, Predator 2 for $37.

family_guy_roadhouse.gif

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Highly recommend Ronin[/QUOTE]

As a film, I agree. But apparently the Blu-ray leaves much to be desired. It's not terrible, just mediocre. However, I doubt we'll ever get a newer release.

Thanks so much OP.

I bought an eclectic assortment of movies that would have cost me 2x to 3x on Amazon right now:

The Graduate - $5.00
This is Spinal Tap - $5.00
Misery - $5.00
Child's Play - $5.00
Ice Age: The Meltdown ($6.50)

[quote name='unferth2']great find op

picked up:

Spinal Tap - $5.00 (was waiting for a long while for a good deal on this)
It's Always Sunny Christmas - $7.50 (same patience as Spinal Tap)
The Princess Bride - $6.50
Slumdog Millionaire - $6.50
Rescue Dawn - $5.00

Total: $30.50

Pretty awesome haul is you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Those are very good pics and a good haul. I managed to find Slumdog and Rescue Dawn at Blockbuster, but I would have rather paid an extra dollar or two to get them brand new.

I have It's Always Sunny Christmas on DVD. Is it worth upgrading to blu ray? I have the first 4 or 5 seasons on DVD, but I haven't started watching any of them yet. I've only watched the season 6 premiere episode. What do you guys think?
Maybe I'm just a cheap ass. I'd pay $5.00 for nude high-def Danny Devito action, but not $7.50. :D

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I was also tempted to buy The Quick and the Dead, and My Father the Hero, but they are both reasonably cheap right now on Amazon.com. I'll hold off on these for now.[/QUOTE]

I recently got a flawless used copy of The Quick and the Dead from Hastings for under $4 when they had their free shipping code, so better deals can be had.

Ahh I thought they went OOS because some had add to cart and others had click for product details, so I was rushing to find something else, my fault. :D I bite on The Graduate and Big thanks OP!

[quote name='Tsel']Is the only shipping option available site to store?[/QUOTE]

There are 3 different ship to house options, the cheapest being about 1.50 per item.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Those are very good pics and a good haul. I managed to find Slumdog and Rescue Dawn at Blockbuster, but I would have rather paid an extra dollar or two to get them brand new.

I have It's Always Sunny Christmas on DVD. Is it worth upgrading to blu ray? I have the first 4 or 5 seasons on DVD, but I haven't started watching any of them yet. I've only watched the season 6 premiere episode. What do you guys think?
Maybe I'm just a cheap ass. I'd pay $5.00 for nude high-def Danny Devito action, but not $7.50. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah the thing with Sunny Christmas is that I never see it on sale...I've held off buying it for very long for that reason...even though its hard to justify 7.50 for a 40 minute "movie", I figure what the hell, I probably wont find it much cheaper unfortunately.

And I imagine the picture quality isn't that much better than the DVD, but I really just don't buy DVD anymore. That's just me though.

I can see why these are $5... what a selection... Terminator, Silence of the Lambs, and MAYBE Supercop/Twin Dragons (since it's two crappily good movies lol) are the only ones I see on there that might be worth it. I'm not getting any though.

Good find nonetheless. Great deal for anyone who wants any of these.

Damn I picked up Terminator with the lenticular slip end of last month. I ordered 8/8, it got to the store like 8/16 but I was out of town for awhile so I picked it up like 8/27, $9.70 shipped to store. Too bad Walmart doesn't price match their website, so I doubt they'll do a price adjustment too, ha ah well. Nice prices for some of the blus.

This is really good to see. I have a feeling that this Black Friday will be Year of the Blu-Ray deals, and Wal-Mart will be the head of the pack.

[quote name='Kerig']This is really good to see. I have a feeling that this Black Friday will be Year of the Blu-Ray deals, and Wal-Mart will be the head of the pack.[/QUOTE]

I hope so. I'm pumped for some Black Friday pickings this year.

FYI, for $6.50 there are some great titles like Fargo (BD+DVD), My Cousin Vinny, Big, and The Wrestler. Also, Predator Ultimate Hunter Edition is just $7.50, although people bitch about the DNR being abused on that one.

I'm picking up Fargo for sure and might grab Wrestler, not sure yet.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Highly recommend Ronin[/QUOTE]

To each his own, I suppose. I hated it and that surprised the hell of me with the cast it has. On the other hand Supercop/Twin Dragons and This is Spinal Tap are awesome. Hell, I own two copies of Spinal Tap (Criterion and the other original DVD, MGM maybe) because the commentary/features are different.

[quote name='Squarehard']Updated op with the other stuff at $6-$7.[/QUOTE]Can you change Ice Age in the $6.50 section to Ice Age the Meltdown. The first one is still showing up as $15.96, it's just the first sequel that's $6.50.

[quote name='SRW1000']Can you change Ice Age in the $6.50 section to Ice Age the Meltdown. The first one is still showing up as $15.96, it's just the first sequel that's $6.50.[/QUOTE]

Done. Sorry for confusion.

Not sure why, but NOBODY seems to carry Fargo in their store. I tried Walmart, BB, and Target but none carried it in-store. Luckily, they do paypal on their site so I was able to site-to-store it. Got The Wrestler at Best Buy since they (surprisingly) PM Walmart's online site if it's in stock and able to be shipped to the store. BB has really stepped up their PM policy it seems, or my store is finally relaxing their iron fist on what they're willing to do. Either way, works for me!

That is a great price for Jumper.

I don't know if I should get it, I'm still holding out for a definitive edition with more commentaries and behind the scenes docs. Surely they're release something when they make the sequel. Man what a great film.
Best to wait, surely Criterion will have this on their radar when Jumper's tenth anniversary hits.
I can't believe so many people overlooked this one.

[quote name='Jodou']Not sure why, but NOBODY seems to carry Fargo in their store. I tried Walmart, BB, and Target but none carried it in-store. Luckily, they do paypal on their site so I was able to site-to-store it. Got The Wrestler at Best Buy since they (surprisingly) PM Walmart's online site if it's in stock and able to be shipped to the store. BB has really stepped up their PM policy it seems, or my store is finally relaxing their iron fist on what they're willing to do. Either way, works for me![/QUOTE]

Hey that's good to know. I have some Best Buy credit and would like to use that to buy these BDs. I'll ask them tomorrow.

In for Windtalkers, Bride Wars, Fargo, and Jennifer's Body. Ship to store as I need to pick up some oil filters anyway. :D

Thanks Square. ;)

[quote name='shadowrage']That is a great price for Jumper.

I don't know if I should get it, I'm still holding out for a definitive edition with more commentaries and behind the scenes docs. Surely they're release something when they make the sequel. Man what a great film.
Best to wait, surely Criterion will have this on their radar when Jumper's tenth anniversary hits.
I can't believe so many people overlooked this one.[/QUOTE]

This might be the funniest post I've read on CAG!

In for:

Rescue Dawn - $5.00
Slumdog Millionaire -$6.50
The Wrestler - $6.50
X-Men - $6.50
X2: X-Men United - $6.50
Shoot 'Em Up - $7.50
Percy Jackson & The Olympians - $7.50

All on blu ray. $50.23 shipped to store.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']This might be the funniest post I've read on CAG![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm still eagerly anticipating the Jumper: Griffin's Story GOTY Edition for the Xbox 360. The gameplay is topnotch and the story about Griffin is fascinating. I hope that after they make the Jumper 2 movie, they make a spin-off prequel movie about Griffin. If not, they damn well better make it after they finish with Jumper 3.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm not sure what you mean. I'm still eagerly anticipating the Jumper: Griffin's Story GOTY Edition for the Xbox 360. The gameplay is topnotch and the story about Griffin is fascinating. I hope that after they make the Jumper 2 movie, they make a spin-off prequel movie about Griffin. If not, they damn well better make it after they finish with Jumper 3.[/QUOTE]

Keep going!

[quote name='gothamcentral79']This might be the funniest post I've read on CAG![/QUOTE]

Funny that I had enough tact not to post and point this out as you did, but not enough tact to not post to agree with you.

Anyway, thanks OP snagged a few.

For those who bought Jumper for $6.50 single, I think the Jumper+Transporter 1+2 tri pack for $13 is better deal.. That is if you don't already have Transporter.

bread's done
Back