50% Off Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Special Ed. for PS3

Not bad if you weren't able to pick up one earlier...I think some will bite even tho UMVC is suppose to be coming out soon...Im glad i got mine on clearance @ 17.48!

[quote name='trunks982']i bet everyone thought this would become rare[/QUOTE]

Well in all honestly it is still fairly limited. Who is selling it now other then Capcom (btw they only had 400 copies when I placed my order this morning). I know some people have picked it up at Target on Clearance and I've seen one copy (360) left in all the stores in my greater area.

Once these are gone they'll no longer be produced. Capcom (digital river) has been out of the 360 version for a month and I don't see them selling anymore. Once they sell out of these that's it...

on another note you can pick up the MVC3 guide for $4.99 as well. These deal stacked with last week's promo as well. I can't remember when the spending limits where (they were tiered) but I was able to pick up three copies and three guides for a little over $80 before shipping.

[quote name='trunks982']i bet everyone thought this would become rare[/QUOTE]

special edition doesn't mean rare

[quote name='GBAstar']Well in all honestly it is still fairly limited. Who is selling it now other then Capcom (btw they only had 400 copies when I placed my order this morning). I know some people have picked it up at Target on Clearance and I've seen one copy (360) left in all the stores in my greater area.

Once these are gone they'll no longer be produced. Capcom (digital river) has been out of the 360 version for a month and I don't see them selling anymore. Once they sell out of these that's it...

on another note you can pick up the MVC3 guide for $4.99 as well. These deal stacked with last week's promo as well. I can't remember when the spending limits where (they were tiered) but I was able to pick up three copies and three guides for a little over $80 before shipping.[/QUOTE]
did you use a code or something? Because 34.99+4.99 is 40 and three set is 120....

Still so very sad to see that much butthurt over UMVC3 being released next month.

That said, the fuck-gorgeous steel book + DLC vouchers for Shuma & Jill ($5 each, and NOT included w/ UMVC3), makes this totally worth it.

PROTIP: Select "US Economy Shipping", and with their broken shipping discount (which is ALWAYS -$7), you can pick this is up for $34.09 TOTAL*

* = before tax

I can only see these special editions dropping dramatically after UMvC3 is released, I think I'll hold it when until i see these selling for $15.

Bought this day one, and as Zangief said, it's a very nice steelbook with art that's leagues beyond the standard cover.

Looking forward to UMvC3.

[quote name='kosmos13x']sweet! an outdated version for almost the same price as the updated better version! Capcom sure love their fans![/QUOTE]
Hey, you're getting one month of digital comics! Because Capcom know their fans love that, right? Right?!

[quote name='midnightexpress']Hey, you're getting one month of digital comics! Because Capcom know their fans love that, right? Right?![/QUOTE]

The digital comics voucher is expired at this point, I believe.

Also Shoryuken.com has gameplay vids up for about half of the announced roster update, and I know Capcom released some Iron Fist and Vergil vids at TGS this week (if not more already).

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']The digital comics voucher is expired at this point, I believe.

Also Shoryuken.com has gameplay vids up for about half of the announced roster update, and I know Capcom released some Iron Fist and Vergil vids at TGS this week (if not more already).[/QUOTE]
orz. My bad, at least you get a comic book! Even though it's not exactly a very good comic book, but hey, they're showing initiative, bitches! Capcom really care for their fans. :applause:

The comic's not really a selling point. Art's subpar and the writing is pretty forgettable. The cover's cool, and it has a few snippets of original/concept artwork at the back pages of it, though.

Heh...given Capcom's recent track record (cancelling Mega Man Legends 3, axing Ken Inafune, holding back characters so they can later on release an Ultimate/Super/GotY), I've learned to boycott their stuff.

Capcom is like the Japanese version of Activision...

[quote name='GBAstar']Well in all honestly it is still fairly limited. Who is selling it now other then Capcom (btw they only had 400 copies when I placed my order this morning). I know some people have picked it up at Target on Clearance and I've seen one copy (360) left in all the stores in my greater area.

on another note you can pick up the MVC3 guide for $4.99 as well. This deal stacked with last week's promo as well. I can't remember when the spending limits where (they were tiered) but I was able to pick up three copies and three guides for a little over $80 before shipping.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Serpentor']did you use a code or something? Because 34.99+4.99 is 40 and three set is 120....[/QUOTE]

It might be dead now but this deal was stacking with last weeks deal of the week which was spend "X" dollars and say "y" perecent. It was a tiered deal and I don't remember all the details but I know if you spent at least $70 you got 30% off your entire order.

[quote name='blahtastic']Heh...given Capcom's recent track record (cancelling Mega Man Legends 3, axing Ken Inafune, holding back characters so they can later on release an Ultimate/Super/GotY), I've learned to boycott their stuff.

Capcom is like the Japanese version of Activision...[/QUOTE]

Inafune left of his own volition.

MVC3, at launch, was/is a complete package with a great roster and a blast to play. Ultimate was announced too early, but that's the thing with fighters in this day & age. With attention spans as they are, and so many games being released, they NEED to keep people focused on the title, be it with new content on the horizon or balance tweaks, all the way to complete gameplay overhauls. Since they announced Ultimate, Capcom has had builds available at tons of tournaments & trade shows for folks to test them out at high-level play. A couple of features were already changed (biggest one off the top of my head was the tagged-out characters health bars in Ultimate were too dim).

It's par for the course for Capcom to re-release their fighters, and for those of us that waited (patiently) 10 years for them to re-acquire the license back from Marvel to make a sequel....well, lots of us are happy with this.

That said, if you really have to wait for the "final mega ultimate turbo" version of a fighter to want to pick it up (which is vague from your post, you could just be opposed to capcom's business practices in general), then you're just kind of missing out.

TL;DR = Capcom really isn't evil, MVC3 might be too cool for you, & MML3 being cancelled made you mad. :cool:

[quote name='CaoPi']special edition doesn't mean rare[/QUOTE]

Collector's Edition doesn't mean rare. But it seems once people hear that they buy into the hype.

[quote name='kosmos13x']sweet! an outdated version for almost the same price as the updated better version! Capcom sure love their fans![/QUOTE]

Being said, for 35 bucks, you get a full game with 2x $5 DLC characters and can learn the system prior to Ultimate. I ordered via Capcom / Digital River for my xbox version, and it was a total nightmare. I'll never deal with Digital River again. Ended up going out and getting a copy at (sigh) Walmart on release night (but ended up winning a non-SE copy to gift to someone as their tournament at least).

I know crazy people are salty about Ultimate coming out 9 months later, but I'm personally fine with it. Had all the characters come out as DLC, it would have cost more than the 40 bucks anyhow to upgrade to the full roster.

The rebalancing is effectively free. The only thing I'm pissed about is that spectator mode was promised from the beginning and only now are we getting it.

I know this is CAG, but folks need to calm the fuck down sometimes about having to pay to upgrade things. I don't play CoD or Madden, but aren't they forced to upgrade yearly anyhow?

Add me if looking for some Mahvel matches, I still play regularly while waiting for Ultimate. Iron Fist looks ridiculously badass.

I don't understanding all the bragging here look at the COD series, people are shelling out $14.99 for the new map packs. Buy 3 or more map packs your already paying for a new game! If they do go on sale it's a rare sale.

Tekken x SF is looking good, I hope the balance doesn't out to be broken or anything I'll be keeping my eye out for this one. I personally enjoy 2d fighters over 3d. Although I do enjoy the tekken series to some extent (netcode is garbage for T6)

Yes, Shuma and Jill are unlocked in Ultimate if you have them in vanilla.

There is going to be some sort of bonus for those with MvC3 saves on their machines for Ultimate, but it's unannounced as of now. Might just be extra colors like in SSF4.

[quote name='GBAstar']It might be dead now but this deal was stacking with last weeks deal of the week which was spend "X" dollars and say "y" perecent. It was a tiered deal and I don't remember all the details but I know if you spent at least $70 you got 30% off your entire order.[/QUOTE]

I see, thanks for explaining, that's pretty good deal if you can stack another 30% :) Eh, thinking about it... I already have a copy though.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Still so very sad to see that much butthurt over UMVC3 being released next month.

That said, the fuck-gorgeous steel book + DLC vouchers for Shuma & Jill ($5 each, and NOT included w/ UMVC3), makes this totally worth it.

PROTIP: Select "US Economy Shipping", and with their broken shipping discount (which is ALWAYS -$7), you can pick this is up for $34.09 TOTAL*

* = before tax[/QUOTE]

Is there a code to get free shipping? I chose Economy, but I'm still getting charged $6.10 for shipping.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Still so very sad to see that much butthurt over UMVC3 being released next month.

[/QUOTE]

I though it comes out in November.

[quote name='blahtastic']Heh...given Capcom's recent track record (cancelling Mega Man Legends 3, axing Ken Inafune, holding back characters so they can later on release an Ultimate/Super/GotY), I've learned to boycott their stuff.

Capcom is like the Japanese version of Activision...[/QUOTE]

You know what? I bet there will be a rerelease of it next year! LMFAO!!!! They are BOLD! That metal tin Special Edition was $17.48 at Target.

I will get Ultimate a week or 2 after release, when it will be around $30. That is, unless there is a $10+ gift card offer.

I remember buying this on gohastings for like 33 or 35 months ago, ordered reg edition but sent me steelbook version, just the disc, manual and case but the steelbook looks awesome

[quote name='argyle']Is there a code to get free shipping? I chose Economy, but I'm still getting charged $6.10 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Are you not seeing the -$7.00 shipping discount? That's how it appeared for me:

35.00 +6.10 eco shipping = 41.10

41.10 - 7.00 discount = 34.10 total

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I though it comes out in November.[/QUOTE]

You are right, my bad :p.

Once these are gone they'll no longer be produced. Capcom (digital river) has been out of the 360 version for a month and I don't see them selling anymore. Once they sell out of these that's it... [/QUOTE]

This makes me feel slightly better about picking it up @ launch (with a $25 GC), that and I ended up paying the entire thing off with gift cards I got for Christmas. I didn't expect it to be ubersuperrare or anything, but at least limited to some degree. It certainly sold out quick around here, had to have a friend from SC pick it up and mail it to me. I really didn't expect to see it on Clearance at so many Targets though.. really stings to have paid $45 + tax for it. As someone earlier noted however, the steel book (even the sleeve is kind of cool) is awesome and it comes with $10 worth of DLC (effectively negating the price difference between the SE and the vanilla) so paying to get it at launch doesn't seem as bad. The comic is cute, and I did enjoy the free month of comics, but I signed up for an extra month for a dollar more and it was a nightmare to cancel the account.

Doubt UMvC3 will get any GCs with it, even from Newegg (they're offering pre-order DLC skins instead *groan*) and I know I'm only supporting Capcom's treachery, but I'm 99% sure I'm going to pick this up at launch since the franchise has a special place in my heart. At least my DLC doesn't go to waste? I hope this version comes with all the Shadow Battle DLC (yes I know the first one is free) though, I know it was a dollar each, but $9 for 30 AI teams that suck and just give you a license when you beat them? What a joke. Don't even get me started on the ONE costume pack they have for $5.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Are you not seeing the -$7.00 shipping discount? That's how it appeared for me:

35.00 +6.10 eco shipping = 41.10

41.10 - 7.00 discount = 34.10 total
[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious if you add one to your cart now, do you still see the $7 discount? Are you sure that the $7 discount wasn't a residual from last week's tiered deal of spend $30 get $20% off that was still active for part of the day yesterday?

[quote name='winterlane']I'm just curious if you add one to your cart now, do you still see the $7 discount? Are you sure that the $7 discount wasn't a residual from last week's tiered deal of spend $30 get $20% off that was still active for part of the day yesterday?[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm thinking. I tried several times and it always adds shipping for me, no discount. And shipping definitely kills it for me since I was on the fence about it anyway.

Huh...thats odd. It applied the discount for even 1 copy for me. Oh well, I hope those that wanted it were / are able to snag it.

I suppose one could buy this, redeem the DLC codes, and then trade in just the disc to Game Stop to recoup some of the cost. At least then you'd have a sweet-tits steelbook for Ultimate.

[quote name='jeffrey_dahmer']"special ed" is appropriate, because you'd pretty much have to be a retard to buy this.[/quote]

sold!

[quote name='Mako1215']And I bought my SE for 360 + PS3 day 1....... Sweet /sarcasm[/QUOTE]

We can share the pain togetherrrrrr.

Had Inafune stuck around, at least Legends 3 would have happened.

bread's done
Back