50% Off Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Special Ed. for PS3

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

I remember buying this on gohastings for like 33 or 35 months ago, ordered reg edition but sent me steelbook version, just the disc, manual and case but the steelbook looks awesome

#32 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:19 AM

Is there a code to get free shipping? I chose Economy, but I'm still getting charged $6.10 for shipping.

Are you not seeing the -$7.00 shipping discount? That's how it appeared for me:

35.00 +6.10 eco shipping = 41.10

41.10 - 7.00 discount = 34.10 total

I though it comes out in November.

You are right, my bad :P.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Bordlerands 2

:360: GTAV ; Metal Gear Rising
:pc: LEGO Marvel

:wii: New Super Mario Bros

:ds: n/a

#33 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

Well in all honestly it is still fairly limited. Who is selling it now other then Capcom (btw they only had 400 copies when I placed my order this morning). I know some people have picked it up at Target on Clearance and I've seen one copy (360) left in all the stores in my greater area.

Once these are gone they'll no longer be produced. Capcom (digital river) has been out of the 360 version for a month and I don't see them selling anymore. Once they sell out of these that's it...

This makes me feel slightly better about picking it up @ launch (with a $25 GC), that and I ended up paying the entire thing off with gift cards I got for Christmas. I didn't expect it to be ubersuperrare or anything, but at least limited to some degree. It certainly sold out quick around here, had to have a friend from SC pick it up and mail it to me. I really didn't expect to see it on Clearance at so many Targets though.. really stings to have paid $45 + tax for it. As someone earlier noted however, the steel book (even the sleeve is kind of cool) is awesome and it comes with $10 worth of DLC (effectively negating the price difference between the SE and the vanilla) so paying to get it at launch doesn't seem as bad. The comic is cute, and I did enjoy the free month of comics, but I signed up for an extra month for a dollar more and it was a nightmare to cancel the account.

Doubt UMvC3 will get any GCs with it, even from Newegg (they're offering pre-order DLC skins instead *groan*) and I know I'm only supporting Capcom's treachery, but I'm 99% sure I'm going to pick this up at launch since the franchise has a special place in my heart. At least my DLC doesn't go to waste? I hope this version comes with all the Shadow Battle DLC (yes I know the first one is free) though, I know it was a dollar each, but $9 for 30 AI teams that suck and just give you a license when you beat them? What a joke. Don't even get me started on the ONE costume pack they have for $5.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#34 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

Are you not seeing the -$7.00 shipping discount? That's how it appeared for me:

35.00 +6.10 eco shipping = 41.10

41.10 - 7.00 discount = 34.10 total

I'm just curious if you add one to your cart now, do you still see the $7 discount? Are you sure that the $7 discount wasn't a residual from last week's tiered deal of spend $30 get $20% off that was still active for part of the day yesterday?

#35 argyle

argyle

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

I'm just curious if you add one to your cart now, do you still see the $7 discount? Are you sure that the $7 discount wasn't a residual from last week's tiered deal of spend $30 get $20% off that was still active for part of the day yesterday?

This is what I'm thinking. I tried several times and it always adds shipping for me, no discount. And shipping definitely kills it for me since I was on the fence about it anyway.
Posted Image

#36 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

Huh...thats odd. It applied the discount for even 1 copy for me. Oh well, I hope those that wanted it were / are able to snag it.

I suppose one could buy this, redeem the DLC codes, and then trade in just the disc to Game Stop to recoup some of the cost. At least then you'd have a sweet-tits steelbook for Ultimate.

Currently Playing:

#37 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

And I bought my SE for 360 + PS3 day 1....... Sweet /sarcasm

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#38 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

It's really no use trying to explain it to them, gief. Let them cry into their Megaman pillows.

Also, sigged.

Currently Playing:

#39 GlassAgate

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

Is there any difference in content between this and the 360 version?

#40 miroresh

miroresh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

"special ed" is appropriate, because you'd pretty much have to be a retard to buy this.

sold!
Posted Image

#41 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

And I bought my SE for 360 + PS3 day 1....... Sweet /sarcasm

We can share the pain togetherrrrrr.

Had Inafune stuck around, at least Legends 3 would have happened.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.