• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#61 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

I'm doing the 5/$100 deal.

I've bought two games and pre-ordered two so far.

NCAA 12 for $40
Madden 12 for $45
Gears 3 will be $60
FIFA 12 will be $45

Most of those came/come with DLC and I essentially a $20 GC with each game due to the 5/$100 deal.

And I can trade in most of those games and get pack close to what I paid for them.

Now explain to me how any other retailer is even close to that? Kmart may give you a $20 coupon but they don't price match.

And you know what the best part of this is? I won't have to spend $1 out of pocket to buy these games as I'm using trade in credit.

And apparently the US postal service doesn't deliver to Long Island.

Hmm? I'm doing the promotion too, just with different games (Skyward Sword among them, which is getting a $10 pre-order bonus on top of that, with a base price of $50, btw). I was talking about the Gears 3 deal in particular (getting $20 off a Live Card) even when bundled with that promotion (which most people who buy it aren't planning for), it's kinda lacking (comparatively to other retailers, K-mart in particular). You must have misunderstood me.

Oh, you mean the mail-in program? Because that's not a giant pain in the ass, right? If it was as streamlined as Amazon's maybe, but when you're doing trade-ins for extra % and such, more often than not it'll get botched.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#62 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

How is FIFA 12 gonna be $45? Is that a release week sale from somewhere else, or are you just hoping for a PM within the window?

#63 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

NCAA 12 for $40
Madden 12 for $45
Gears 3 will be $60
FIFA 12 will be $45

Most of those came/come with DLC and I essentially a $20 GC with each game due to the 5/$100 deal.

And I can trade in most of those games and get pack close to what I paid for them.

Now explain to me how any other retailer is even close to that? Kmart may give you a $20 coupon but they don't price match.

And you know what the best part of this is? I won't have to spend $1 out of pocket to buy these games as I'm using trade in credit.

Not every Best Buy in the country will PM Toys R Us "ONLINE ONLY" price of $45 dollars. I don't see why people account for major YMMV PM's in their overall savings.

#64 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Not every Best Buy in the country will PM Toys R Us "ONLINE ONLY" price of $45 dollars. I don't see why people account for major YMMV PM's in their overall savings.

Agreed, I sure as hell wasnt able to get them to pm that deal and im in my bestbuy at least 3 days a week.

The best PM for madden thus far has been 49.99 this week at toysrus.

#65 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

:360: Buy either the Xbox 360 320GB Gears of War 3 system bundle for $399.99, or Gears of War 3 for $59.99, get:
* Gears of War 3 action figure 2-pack for free.
* 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card for $39.99.

:360: Buy the Gears of War 3 themed Xbox 360 wireless controller for $59.99, get a $10 Toys R Us gift card for free.

:360: Xbox Live 12-month Gold Starter Kit $54.99

:360::ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 or P11 gaming headphones $39.99

Buy any of the listed Kinect or 3DS games, get a $15 Toys R Us gift card for free:
:360: Dance Central $49.99
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone $49.99
:360: The Gunstringer $39.99
:360: Nicktoons MLB $39.99
:3ds: Frogger 3D $39.99
:3ds: Pacman and Galaga Dimensions $39.99
:3ds: Deca Sports Extreme $39.99
:3ds: Driver Renegade $39.99

Edited by LouieT, 17 September 2011 - 10:24 PM.

#66 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

That's a decent list on Kinect titles with the gift card.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#67 snatcher33

snatcher33

Marry me Jenny!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hmmmmm.....Gunstringer with a $15 GC is awfully tempting. Anybody have any thoughts on Gunstringer?
Posted Image

#68 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

shit gunstringer for $25 is a great price. Plus you get fruit ninja kinect aswell.

#69 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Going to grab Gunstringer and hopefully TRU will have the Kinect Zoom in stock as well so I can use the GC on that. Gun Stringer and the Zoom for $55 sounds good.

TheVila.png

#70 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

The Gunstringer is fucking awesome! Best Kinect game since Kinect Sports.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#71 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

I didn't know that GunStringer came with Fruit Ninja Kinect? That's pretty awesome!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#72 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

Guess I'm returning my Gunstringer copy to BB. I'll take $15 GC over some double RZ points, thanks.
Posted Image

#73 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

Not to nitpick but you guys do know its actually called The Gunstringer?

EDIT- also there is free DLC on the market place for it for those who dont know. (for gold only as BobbyTastic pointed out) I think it may be a limited thing also, so get it now.

Edited by Brother Daz, 18 September 2011 - 12:21 AM.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

#74 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

I'm in Central CA, and I also got the 4-day ad instead of a weekly ad.

2 small deals not listed in the OP:

:ds: The Smurfs $19.99

:360::ps3: Buy Supremacy MMA for $49.99, get the DLC add-on "Slaughterhouse arena" for free.

:-\"

#75 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

About 85% sure ill pick up the gunstringer. No doubt this will be 20 bucks by years end but I played the demo with my little guy and we both enjoyed it.

The gears controller is also something I was looking at. Are there better deals on it out there?
Posted Image

#76 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

About 85% sure ill pick up the gunstringer. No doubt this will be 20 bucks by years end but I played the demo with my little guy and we both enjoyed it.

The gears controller is also something I was looking at. Are there better deals on it out there?

Buy.com had it for $40 last week (their ebay store) Maybe keep a eye on that.

87688.png

#77 AlbarranDesign

AlbarranDesign

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

If i go to Target tomorrow and pick up the GoW3 pre-order coupon that comes w/ a $5 gift card, can I still get the "$10 Giftcard w/purchase of $60 Gears of War 3 AND $1 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order" when I pick up GoW3 and get the MW3 pre-order?

#78 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

Not to nitpick but you guys do know its actually called The Gunstringer?

EDIT- also there is free DLC on the market place for it for those who dont know.

I think the free DLC is Gold only though, just figured I'd point that out.

Also, the 3DS deals in this are pretty lackluster which is a shame since TRU is a bit of a drive and I'll be there this week for Zoroark. Guess I'll just be looking at Clearance stuff, or holding out 'till the 25th. Too bad I don't have a Kinect yet.

#79 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:23 AM

I think the free DLC is Gold only though, just figured I'd point that out.

I believe that Gold members had a one-week head start, but it should be available to all this week.

Definitely a good deal on Gunstringer, and I'll be taking my BB copy back too, unless they decide to match it. Also, at least TRU is doing something for the Gears console purchase, which is better than a lot of the other retailers.

#80 jernau

jernau

Player of Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

I'm in Central CA, and I also got the 4-day ad instead of a weekly ad.

So do we even know that any part of the country will get a full weekly ad instead of this new two-part split one?

#81 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

Just a heads up; Gamestop has Frogger 3D for $30, in case someone prefers to save $10 instead of getting a $15 GC.

#82 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

I believe that Gold members had a one-week head start, but it should be available to all this week.

Definitely a good deal on Gunstringer, and I'll be taking my BB copy back too, unless they decide to match it. Also, at least TRU is doing something for the Gears console purchase, which is better than a lot of the other retailers.

Target's offering a $40 GC to my knowledge, actually. I'm not surprised Frogger can be found elsewhere to cheaper, why in the Fuck would you release it @ $40?

#83 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

If i go to Target tomorrow and pick up the GoW3 pre-order coupon that comes w/ a $5 gift card, can I still get the "$10 Giftcard w/purchase of $60 Gears of War 3 AND $1 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order" when I pick up GoW3 and get the MW3 pre-order?

Sounds good to me. You're still paying for it while you're there. It's a shame every other retailer has offered closer to a $20 GC for Gears 3 on its own.

#84 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

Darn was hoping for a GC with GoW3 from TRU

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#85 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

Just start checking BB.com in the next hour or two, with your zip code entered. I guess only then will we know if there are any 7-day ads. They usually seem to update Sunday mornings around 1-2 AM EST. I still can't believe my little podunk BB's would have such a hip, different ad format. The locals would be up in arms!

#86 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

bestbuy.com has the new weekly ad up. I've checked all over California and some places around the US and it's all 4-day ads.

#87 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Maybe they gonna start doing ads like Gamestop and run it from Thursday-Wednesday instead of Sunday-Saturday?

#88 Tate Donovan

Tate Donovan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

I may be only guy here who gets a newspaper. In Memphis we got the 4 day ad. It says to check the website for other deals.

#89 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

best buy preorders SUCK.

the recept you get only says you put 5 bucks on the game..

I went in 2 weeks ago preordered Dragon quest joker 2 for 29.99 now the price is 34.99

I was told i have to pay the 34.99 tomorrow since ihave no proof it was 29.99

FU best buy
WOOOO I STINK

#90 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

NCAA 12 for $40
Madden 12 for $45
Gears 3 will be $60
FIFA 12 will be $45

good luck geting 45 bucks out of madden and the football game a month after they come out. dont know why anyone pays full price anymore for a football game. within a month they are half price some place

and i never can see how people dont think they are paying when they use trade in credit.... you paid money cause you could of used the trade in credit some place else ...
WOOOO I STINK