Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/18/11 to 9/24/11) Gears of War 3 Edition

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#91 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

The website has the 4-day weekly ad up online for my area. Which is a shame because there's nothing but Gears deals in it.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#92 Mr. A

Mr. A

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

I also just got the email this morning stating "buy 2 get 3rd free" on all value video games. (19.99 or less) Runs through the 24th.

#93 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:44 PM

I also just got the email this morning stating "buy 2 get 3rd free" on all value video games. (19.99 or less) Runs through the 24th.

Well, that makes going this week for the Zoroark promotion worth it.

#94 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

Can't wait to go to Best Buy on Tuesday...

Gonna match the K-Mart $20 coupon deal to get a $20 gift card with my GoW3 Collector's Edition (my local store is awesome when it comes to matching deals), and I was going to pick up The Gunstringer as well because until the 25th if I spend $100 on a purchase, I get $10 bonus RZ points...now I'll have them match the TRU deal and get a $15 gift card...

So I'll be spending $120+tax and getting $45 back in RZ/gift cards. Score.

#95 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

Speaking of BestBuy - I went into one of their Bricks and Mortar Stores the other week and they trashed the PC Games Section - It doesn't even take up like half an isle now. Was so disappointed and so frustrated. Obviously us PC Gamer fans are no longer considered important.

That and the prices are way up. I remember being able to get Doom 3 for $5 from them, BF2 for $10, good times.

#96 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hmmm may try to price match the Gunstringer deal at BB since I have mucho gift card credit from doing trade ins...

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#97 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

best buy preorders SUCK.

the recept you get only says you put 5 bucks on the game..

I went in 2 weeks ago preordered Dragon quest joker 2 for 29.99 now the price is 34.99

I was told i have to pay the 34.99 tomorrow since ihave no proof it was 29.99

FU best buy

Amazon has it at 34.99. Blame the publisher, not the stores.

good luck geting 45 bucks out of madden and the football game a month after they come out.

A good portion did by matching Toys R Us on release day before their online price said online only.

#98 Begformymercy

Begformymercy

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

$50 Giftcard w/purchase of $300 X360 Kinect Bundle

$40 Giftcard w/purchase of $400 LE Gears of War 3 Bundle
$10 Giftcard w/purchase of $60 Gears of War 3 AND $1 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order

$20 Giftcard w/purchase of $134 Mario Kart Wii Bundle(White or Black)
$50 12 Month XBL Membership
$40 Turtle Beach X11 headset

Wii
$20 Super Mario Galaxy
$20 Super Paper Mario

DS
$30 Kirby Mass Attack

This is very vague detail about how to obtain the 399.00 Gears of war 3 Console with the $40.00 Gift card. I have called Target and the managers know nothing. I have looked at their website and there is nothing there. I have been looking at this since you posted it and it is finally 9/18/2011 and I see no evidence about how to get this...

#99 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

This is very vague detail about how to obtain the 399.00 Gears of war 3 Console with the $40.00 Gift card. I have called Target and the managers know nothing. I have looked at their website and there is nothing there. I have been looking at this since you posted it and it is finally 9/18/2011 and I see no evidence about how to get this...

Its in the ad. Buy the system and the computer prompts the cashier to issue a gift card.

#100 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

Not every Best Buy in the country will PM Toys R Us "ONLINE ONLY" price of $45 dollars. I don't see why people account for major YMMV PM's in their overall savings.

Well when I show the price from my iphone of the Toysrus site it doesn't indicate anywhere that its an online only price so I guess thats how some were able to get it. Or maybe you need to get an iphone yourself :D jk.

#101 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

Does amazon ever pm this kind of deal?

#102 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

Going to grab Gunstringer and hopefully TRU will have the Kinect Zoom in stock as well so I can use the GC on that. Gun Stringer and the Zoom for $55 sounds good.

†GIFT CARD OFFERS: In-store purchase only. Quantities limited; no rain
checks. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per offer per guest. Promotional
Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 1/28/12,
except where prohibited. Offers expire 9/24/11. See card for Terms & Conditions.

#103 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

I'm willing to be the Baird code will be fetching $20-30 on eBay after a month or two. I'll take that over BB credit =P

Still might get at GS so I don't have to spend any cash, I only have about $30 in BB credit right now and they never have good deals any more, or I miss the best deals (DSIII and Child of Eden...)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#104 Begformymercy

Begformymercy

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

I called best buy and they said they would price match. I went in today and preordered the console there and got the $40 gift card also!!! Thank you guys for this post! I canceled my order with Gamestop because they wouldn't price match. But then when I went in to cancel they thought they would sneak in the idea to me that they would price match at the last second. I told them to F off!

#105 trdmatrix88

trdmatrix88

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Went to BB to try to match the P11 and found out that Best Buy no longer PM's Toys 'R Us, WTF? when did this happen?
Posted Image

#106 cheapgamerone

cheapgamerone

Looking for Cheap Microsoft Points/PSN Bucks PM Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

Went to BB to try to match the P11 and found out that Best Buy no longer PM's Toys 'R Us, WTF? when did this happen?

When I tried to PM at one Best Buy they wouldn't do it either for Deus Ex last week, I had to go to another one out of the way to do it. So it's clearly your store/clerk may very. I know none of mine will PM ANY gift card offer (but they do not price match gift cards per their new policy since they consider it a free gift item or some bs.) so for all those that can get that done to me is unbelieveable so I will have to get that gunstringer in TRU store. They are getting to be more and more of a pain in the ass to price match and since they messed up my Resistance 3 pre-order I'm not even bothering for that reward zone/gc promo junk anymore, in addition they changed that gamers club points any way so it's not as quality.

#107 Demise_Angel

Demise_Angel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

Amazon $40 price match on console system is up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#108 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy offers 2 promotions with a Gears of War 3 purchase (until 9/21): 1 year of Xbox Live for $39.99 and/or the strategy guide for 15% off. Trade in games towards Gears of War, get a a 40% bonus.

Posted Image GameStop slashes select Move games to $9.99 and select Move hardware is 50% off.

Posted Image Kmart has several Gears of War 3 offers: all versions of Gears of War 3 come with a $20 gaming coupon, the Limited Edition Gears of War Console Bundle includes a free Gears of War Triple Pack, and buy any version of Gears of War 3, get 1 year of Xbox Live for $29.99. Halo ODST is $9.99 and Halo Reach and Shadows of the Damned are $29.99 each.

Posted Image Target throws in a $50 gift card with the Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle, a $40 gift card with the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Console Bundle, and a $20 gift card with a $134 Mario Kart Wii Bundle.

Posted Image Toys R Us promotes a free 2-pack Gears of War 3 action pack with the purchase of the game, along with $20 off 1 year of Xbox Live, which also requires a Gears of War 3 purchase. Buy the Gears of War 3 Xbox 360 wireless controller, get a $10 gift card. Buy a select Kinect or 3DS games, get a $15 gift card. Eligible titles include The Gunstringer, Dance Central, Pacman & Galaga Dimensions and more.

Posted Image Amazon also offers Gears of War 3 with a $20 credit, and the Gears of War 3 Console Bundle with a $40 credit.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, metrostar - See post here

These first 2 promotions end 9/21:
:360: Buy Gears of War 3, get 1 Year of Xbox Live for $39.99
:360: Buy Gears of War 3, get the guide for 15% off
:360: Trade in games towards Gears of War, get a a 40% bonus (valid all week)

GameStop (Ad)
Offers end 9/20

:ps3: Select Move games $9.99 and Move hardware 50% off
:360::ps3: Star Wars: Force Unleashed II $19.99
:wii: Buy a UDraw tablet, get a $20 gift card
Posted Image Trade 3, get 10% bonus - trade 5, get 20%- trade 7, get 30% bonus

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: Some offers may or may not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.

:360::ps3: Shadows of the Damned $29.99
:360::ps3: Brink $19.99
:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3, get a $20 gaming coupon*
*Coupon valid from September 25 to November 5
:360: Buy the limited edition Gears of War 320GB Xbox 360 system for $399.99, get Gears of War Triple Pack for free.
:360: Buy any version of Gears of War 3 and a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card, get $30 off the price of the 12-month Gold card.
:360: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset $44.99
:360: Halo ODST $9.99
:360: Halo Reach $29.99

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Enuf - See post here

:360: $50 Giftcard w/purchase of $300 X360 Kinect Bundle
:360: $40 Giftcard w/purchase of $400 LE Gears of War 3 Bundle
:360: $10 Giftcard w/purchase of $60 Gears of War 3 AND $1 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order
:360: $50 12 Month XBL Membership
:360: $40 Turtle Beach X11 headset
:wii: $20 Giftcard w/purchase of $134 Mario Kart Wii Bundle (White or Black)

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:360: Buy either the Xbox 360 320GB Gears of War 3 system bundle for $399.99, or Gears of War 3 for $59.99, get:

• Gears of War 3 action figure 2-pack for free.
  • 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription card for $39.99.

:360: Buy the Gears of War 3 themed Xbox 360 wireless controller for $59.99, get a $10 Toys R Us gift card for free.
:360: Xbox Live 12-month Gold Starter Kit $54.99
:360::ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force X11 or P11 gaming headphones $39.99

:360::3ds: Buy any of the listed Kinect or 3DS games, get a $15 Toys R Us gift card for free:

:360: Dance Central $49.99
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone $49.99
:360: The Gunstringer $39.99
:360: Nicktoons MLB $39.99
:3ds: Frogger 3D $39.99
:3ds: Pacman and Galaga Dimensions $39.99
:3ds: Deca Sports Extreme $39.99
:3ds: Driver Renegade $39.99

Edited by CheapyD, 22 September 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#109 Birbo

Birbo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:09 AM

So I took advantage of the extra 50% trade-in deal and unloaded a buncha old games & pre-ordered Gears 3. Was going to get the 12 month Live card, but now I see Kmart has it for $10 cheaper. What are the odds BB will PM the Kmart deal? And any chance of getting more than 1 card?

#110 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

"vague"
"$40 Giftcard w/purchase of $400 LE Gears of War 3 Bundle"
buy the console & the pc automatically issues the gc no different than any other target gc console deal that they have at least like 2X a month. There's 4 gc offers why'd you only single out this one.

Anyways,
Page 15 in the weekly ad right under the belkin G wireless router in big bold red print "Free $40 Targer giftcard when you buy THIS X360 bundle"
and the only X360 shown underneath is the red one with the gears logo, the GoW3 game & 2 red controllers matching the console.
"available Tuesday! Gears of War 3 X360 bundle features 250 GB Xbox game system, Gears of War 3 and two wireless controllers. Quanties limited;no rainchecks. Terms and conditions apply to giftcards.

#111 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

†GIFT CARD OFFERS: In-store purchase only. Quantities limited; no rain
checks. Limit one Promotional Gift Card per offer per guest. Promotional
Gift Card valid beginning 6 hours after activation and expires 1/28/12,
except where prohibited. Offers expire 9/24/11. See card for Terms & Conditions.

I figured that was the limitations of it. That's why I was going to pick up The Gunstringer on my way into work and then swing by after work and get the Zoom.

TheVila.png

#112 ronfear

ronfear

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

With all the Gears talk I don't see it mentioned that Toys R Us has a deal buy 2 get one free for all games priced 19.99 or less. There are also some games priced at buy 1 get 1 40% off although I don't see anything good. Also FIFA 12 is 25% off with Free Shipping online.
hardcoreshooter.com

Posted Image

#113 Warkry

Warkry

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

I should check the Toys R Us buy 2 deal , hoping to see something good , thanks ronfear
:hot:

#114 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

Managed to get Best Buy to price match the $15 gift card deal for Gunstringer from Toys R' Us. The manager was happy to price match but must of felt like he had to put some "limitation" on it and said I couldn't use my reward zone with it so I couldn't get the points... haha, whatever I was paying with a gift card anyway. That said, just going to go report the purchase as missing online anyway just cause I can.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#115 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

So Brink is $20 at Kmart? Wasn't there a $20 off Brink coupon in @Gamer? Can you PM and use the coupon for Brink for free?

Edited by TravistyOJ, 19 September 2011 - 06:27 PM.
Err, Kmart, not TRU

sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#116 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Nevermind, I found in the original @Gamer thread:

Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons

sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#117 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

best buy should of had the promotion sooner and i would of went in on the 39$ live deal :)

pretty happy with my amazon purchase tho =p

#118 actripxl

actripxl

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Just bought a 360s with the credit I had from trading in my old 360 in preparation for Gears 3. I'll be going to Kmart since I have a $20 credit and get Gears and Live at half off even if Live isn't worth the price of admission but at $30 its a pill I can swallow.

51446.png

Can't wait for the next Uncharted and Halo on my next-gen systems!

#119 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

best buy preorders SUCK.
the recept you get only says you put 5 bucks on the game..
I went in 2 weeks ago preordered Dragon quest joker 2 for 29.99 now the price is 34.99
I was told i have to pay the 34.99 tomorrow since ihave no proof it was 29.99 FU best buy

where did you see the actual discounted price BB.com? If so, that's online only unless the store has the item avail. for sale at that time.

Maybe they gonna start doing ads like Gamestop and run it from Thursday-Wednesday instead of Sunday-Saturday?

My gut tells me it's 1 of 2 things
1-they have a special sale starting this weekend
2-they're using a new sales strategy:drive a second wave a foot traffic thru the stores on the weekend & make it harder for online retailers to match their sales b/c by the time they do the prices will be different.

Gonna match the K-Mart $20 coupon deal to get a $20 gift card with my GoW3 Collector's Edition (my local store is awesome when it comes to matching deals)

my BB's are too but the "gaming coupons" no go. If they actually were called "giftcards" wouldn't be a problem.

I'm willing to be the Baird code will be fetching $20-30 on eBay after a month or two. I'll take that over BB credit =P

they never have good deals any more, or I miss the best deals (DSIII and Child of Eden...)

why settle get both...pm GoW3 to get $15-$20 back plus the $20 credit look at Deus Ex $35 TRU pm + $10 pre-order credit.

? Yours won't match any TRU sale price or TRU's giftcard deals? They still match any local store but policy has taken away the gc pm option.

Was going to get the 12 month Live card, but now I see Kmart has it for $10 cheaper. What are the odds BB will PM the Kmart deal? And any chance of getting more than 1 card?

no reason they shouldn't just show the discouted price from the ad or smartphone & they shouldn't limit quantities unless it's "excessive" but worse case just pm the item mulitiple times during the sale not during one trip. I believe there's a spending promo @ BB that'll stack & give $10 RZ credit too.

So Brink is $20 at Kmart? Wasn't there a $20 off Brink coupon in @Gamer? Can you PM and use the coupon for Brink for free?

you can pm but only on the back end but it won't work for this, if you bought it at BB using the coupon for $10 & it went on sale elsewhere later for $5 you could get the $5 back. Trying to score all the deals in 1 transaction will usually lead to a decline, a second may not be as feasable for some depending on the distance but those are the breaks.

#120 King J Gatz

King J Gatz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

With the Kmart $20 Gaming coupon. Can that only be used for future game purchases or for anything I want in the store like a gift card would? Thanks
Michigan Snowgoon