Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (9/18/11 to 9/24/11) Gears of War 3 Edition

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#121 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

My local store said they would match Kmart's $20 coupon. They said they would either take $20 off the price or give me a $20 gift card.

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#122 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

Ugh, of course I just bought Gunstringer as a gift from Gamestop at full. And she just opened it.

Considering doing a switch, picking up a copy at TRU and returning it at GS. Only fair.

#123 Gillbob316

Gillbob316

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:57 PM

So, just to recap (I tried looking over the thread, but honestly it's kindof moddled and confusing at this point)...

Are there any deals on Gears 3 (Regular $60) that I can walk into Best Buy with tomorrow and theoretically price match succesfully?

I'm buying Gears at best Buy regardless, already preordered, because I want it to count toward their 5 games for $100 back deal... but the deal is valid with pricematches, so if I can get the base price knocked down some more I'd love to.

Do any other stores have deals that Best Buy should be able to match?

#124 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

With the Kmart $20 Gaming coupon. Can that only be used for future game purchases or for anything I want in the store like a gift card would? Thanks

Kmart coupons are only valid on video games. They don't become active until a week later and are typically good for a month.

Are there any deals on Gears 3 (Regular $60) that I can walk into Best Buy with tomorrow and theoretically price match succesfully?

No. There is no hard drop at any store. GC matching are now against policy. It is YMMV in order to get one passed. Do realize though you have 30 days to match or 45 if you are silver member.

#125 io

io

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

best buy preorders SUCK.

the recept you get only says you put 5 bucks on the game..

I went in 2 weeks ago preordered Dragon quest joker 2 for 29.99 now the price is 34.99

I was told i have to pay the 34.99 tomorrow since ihave no proof it was 29.99

FU best buy

where did you see the actual discounted price BB.com? If so, that's online only unless the store has the item avail. for sale at that time.

Wow, I thought it was $29.99 too. I preordered with the Best Buy trade-in promo just last week and the Best Buy preorder kiosk said $29.99. I am 100% sure of that and it is why I chose that game (wanted to pick cheaper ones since I lose out less on those with the inevitable future price drops). Even though I really do want to play it, given that the first DQMJ game was bargain bin fodder so many places, it is a no-go for me at $35. I'll just cancel that preorder and pick up Kirby Mass Effect (which still seems to be $29.99).

Yeah, I know Amazon also has it for $34.99 but Best Buy should have had the preorder kiosk showing the right price last week - can't be that much of a surprise price change can it?

And I really hate that GoW 3 (a game I have no interest in whatsoever) has all these damn deals but nothing at all for Kirby or DQMJ2. I'd like something I can price match at Best Buy - maybe Fry's will come through.

#126 ToyMachine228

ToyMachine228

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

Does Best Buy offer decent trade in offers? I might consider trading in a few things towards Gears 3 if they offer a good price to begin with on top of that 40% bonus.

#127 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:37 AM

Just bought Gunstringer at TRU and brought back to GS to get my difference back.

I asked the GS guy why they don't do price matching. He told me "...because we are the leader in the industry, and everyone is trying to catch us."

Ok guy. That's why I'm bringing this game back to you right now, and going to buy Dead Island or NHL 12 tomorrow from TRU due to their giftcard deals.

I was a GS apologist in the past, but after these few weeks, not anymore.

#128 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:51 AM

Does Best Buy offer decent trade in offers? I might consider trading in a few things towards Gears 3 if they offer a good price to begin with on top of that 40% bonus.

Yes they are pretty good unless it is a title that has been flipped. You can check the prices online at their website. If you have the card, you get an additional 10% on top of the promotions. For instance, if you traded in Madden 12 today, you would get $42.

#129 Yuckmouth

Yuckmouth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

Wow...Best Buy..just...wow....

Called to see if by chance they would match the Kmart $20 gaming coupon. The lady said "uhhhhhh do you have to be some kind of kmart member?" and I said yes. She said "well we match a lot of stuff but I don't know about that". So I said "ok, who can I ask about that?" and she said "anybody" so I said "You mean... at the store?" and she said "yeah anybody" so I said "well, not to be rude but I'm asking you...?" and she said "yeah but I don't know"

I give up.

#130 lml417

lml417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

can someone please explain the 5/$100 deal from best buy?

do I have to pay right away for the 5 preorders?

#131 lml417

lml417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:52 AM

can someone please explain the 5/$100 deal from best buy?

do I have to pay right away for the 5 preorders?

nevermind I called. Gears is no longer considered a pre order. oh well, maybe I'll wait to get it on black friday :P

#132 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:53 AM

I asked the GS guy why they don't do price matching. He told me "...because we are the leader in the industry, and everyone is trying to catch us."

The worst part is that's probably true from a sales standpoint at least. I would bet that Gamestop will sell more copies of Gears 3 than any other retailer this week.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#133 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

The worst part is that's probably true from a sales standpoint at least. I would bet that Gamestop will sell more copies of Gears 3 than any other retailer this week.

Probably, because it's a "Core" game. I'm sure Madden did better at Target/Wal-Mart.

#134 cheapgamerone

cheapgamerone

Looking for Cheap Microsoft Points/PSN Bucks PM Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Has anyone purchased Gears of War 3 from Toys R Us with the free 2-pack action figures deal? If so how does it ring on the receipt? You can PM me with the response.

#135 Ribkage

Ribkage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Just curious since I havent turned my xbox on since gears of war 2 came out... do you still have to have an xbox live gold paid subscription to use a games basic online features like coop and versus and horde mode and what not?

EDIT
Ok my cousin said they still charge to play online so Fuck em. Was gonna get a new xbox bundle with gears 3 if they didnt. Some decent deals though if MS wasnt such hard asses.

Edited by Ribkage, 20 September 2011 - 05:34 PM.

Im not only a cheap ass gamer. Im a cheap ass mutha fucka!

#136 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

My local store said they would match Kmart's $20 coupon. They said they would either take $20 off the price or give me a $20 gift card.

What is the process for this? Are they going to call K-mart and ask them if they have that deal and if it's in stock? The only reason I ask is because it was my experience before that Kmart employees have no idea about some of these gaming coupons as they just print out automatically with your purchase if you provide a Rewards Your Way number. So I can see my BB employee calling Kmart and Kmart saying "I don't know" and that's that.

I would show them an ad or something on my smartphone, but I don't see any official ad for it. Postings from a CAG thread won't cut it I don't think :lol: Gonna try show BB the Kmart gamer blog entry and hope that cuts it.

#137 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:31 PM

Going to get me a Wii today at Target! If I'm lucky, I'll find a Target circular ad to take with me and price match it at Best Buy or Sears. If not, I'll give my money to Target. Are gift cards from Target like many other places where you can't use it right away? I would so get a nunchuk with that giftcard or a $20 game on a separate purchase.

#138 BLAZETIGER

BLAZETIGER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

Going to get me a Wii today at Target! If I'm lucky, I'll find a Target circular ad to take with me and price match it at Best Buy or Sears. If not, I'll give my money to Target. Are gift cards from Target like many other places where you can't use it right away? I would so get a nunchuk with that giftcard or a $20 game on a separate purchase.

I've used Target giftcards minutes after purchase on a separate transaction. No wait time involved.

#139 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:58 AM

Going to get me a Wii today at Target! If I'm lucky, I'll find a Target circular ad to take with me and price match it at Best Buy or Sears. If not, I'll give my money to Target.

http://weeklyad.targ...-pa-19148/pages you can get any weekly ad online.

#140 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

any ad that shows the Kmart deal?

#141 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:50 AM

http://weeklyad.targ...-pa-19148/pages you can get any weekly ad online.

Thanks, I ended up giving my money to Target. The employee was really cool/service wasn't lousy at my local Target. So it was worth losing the Best Buy points.

#142 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

any ad that shows the Kmart deal?

Most of their gaming coupon stuff is on their blog which doesn't help for a pm. And to that since their "coupons" & not gc's it's an easy denial even at my generous BB's. So when there's no BB gc or credit & TRU doesn't have a gc offer I just wait for the $40 sale generally at kmart then pm it.

#143 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

I wonder if its worth it getting a wii right now. Ill probably trade in some stuff and price match at best buy

San Diego Padres. New GM. Maybe something different
San Diego Chargers...It's New!! The Chargers are ALIVE!
Portland TrailBlazers 
Vancouver Canucks. Gillis is gone!

#144 quest1962

quest1962

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Has anyone seen the "rest of the week" flyer yet? I haven't seen it in its own thread, so I thought I'd ask where it would have been if it were a full week! :roll:

Thanks Cheapy and all OPs!

#145 quest1962

quest1962

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

I wonder if its worth it getting a wii right now. Ill probably trade in some stuff and price match at best buy

If you've waited this long, why not wait until Black Friday? Plus there ought to be a price drop before the new console comes out.

#146 ajumbaje

ajumbaje

West Coast born East Coast raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

If you've waited this long, why not wait until Black Friday? Plus there ought to be a price drop before the new console comes out.

thats what I was thinking. But I was hoping to get the skyward sword limited edition

San Diego Padres. New GM. Maybe something different
San Diego Chargers...It's New!! The Chargers are ALIVE!
Portland TrailBlazers 
Vancouver Canucks. Gillis is gone!

#147 jbz

jbz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

Most of their gaming coupon stuff is on their blog which doesn't help for a pm. And to that since their "coupons" & not gc's it's an easy denial even at my generous BB's. So when there's no BB gc or credit & TRU doesn't have a gc offer I just wait for the $40 sale generally at kmart then pm it.

cool, thanks Enuf. I just see a few people reporting their BB agreed to price match Kmart, but not sure if they were just blowin smoke or not. I'll try it regardless, the guys are pretty cool at my BB.

#148 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

Has anyone seen the "rest of the week" flyer yet? I haven't seen it in its own thread, so I thought I'd ask where it would have been if it were a full week! :roll:

Waiting for this as well.

#149 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

if there's a physical ad it'll probably show in the local mailing that I get on Thurs. but should be up online by 1-2 am.

#150 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

if there's a physical ad it'll probably show in the local mailing that I get on Thurs. but should be up online by 1-2 am.

Did you get a flyer in last Sundays paper? I didn't.