Photo
- - - - -

Harry Potter 1-8 region free for $47 shipped (Amazon UK)

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Didn't see this posted. Amazon UK has the standard collection of the complete Harry Potter films for roughly 47 USD shipped. Description indicates it's region free. Potentially a pretty great deal if you don't have any of them.

http://www.amazon.co...d_sim_sbs_d_h_1

Posted Image

#2 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

That's a great price for 8 movies. Too bad they weren't that good (although I haven't seen 6, 7 or 8 yet).

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#3 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

Saw this on SD and thought it was a great deal. Year 1-7 blu-ray on the amazon.com site is $86, so for half the price you get all 8 movies. Even if you find all of them for $10 by themselves, that's still $80, so this is a great deal for those who are HP fans.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#4 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

very very tempting

#5 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

That's a great price for 8 movies. Too bad they weren't that good (although I haven't seen 6, 7 or 8 yet).

I thought they were all good except maybe order of the phoenix. Stuff was changed from the books but they were all enjoyable. The first 3 are my fav, but the last one was also really well done.

#6 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:34 AM

Crap that's a good deal. I have the first 6 or I'd be all over this.
Posted Image

#7 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:11 AM

Charges when they actually ship, right?

Preordered from Amazon UK. Strangely though, the US release was just announced for November 11th (and for wayyy more - $97.99).

http://www.amazon.co...16568081&sr=1-1

Edited by JJSP, 21 September 2011 - 01:22 AM.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#8 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:17 AM

Placed an order - Can't beat the price yet.

#9 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

Ordered. Don't care for the series but my sister is obsessed with it, so I'll have a Christmas gift for her.

#10 JJSP

JJSP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

I had them on HD-DVD but sold them with my player. For less than $6 per Blu, this is perfect.

#11 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:46 AM

Six is so boring, more so than the rest.
Part 1 of the finale is the best of the bunch, its just them walking around for 2.5 hours but each scene is packed full of energy and tension.
Part 2 of the finale is the complete opposite, no energy no consequence, very boring. And its a great example of what happens when a director that cant shoot action tries too - not good.

#12 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:18 AM

Holy crap! What a deal! Just over $5 each for all eight Harry Potter movies on Blu-Ray? Region-free? With special features? Heck yeah!

#13 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

How do these work with the exchange rate constantly changing? Are you at the mercy of the rate at the time of shipping or whatever it would exchange to right now?

#14 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:54 AM

How do these work with the exchange rate constantly changing? Are you at the mercy of the rate at the time of shipping or whatever it would exchange to right now?

Based on what I've read it's the exchange rate at the time of shipping.

Posted Image

#15 JJSP

JJSP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:55 AM

It'd be the exchange rate when you're charged (so in December). You risk a change in currency value, but I'll chance it for dirt cheap box sets.

#16 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

Based on what I've read it's the exchange rate at the time of shipping.

Makes sense, even if I was hoping otherwise. I guess its up to the customer to check up on the exchange before shipping.

#17 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:57 AM

Charges when they actually ship, right?

Preordered from Amazon UK. Strangely though, the US release was just announced for November 11th (and for wayyy more - $97.99).

http://www.amazon.co...16568081&sr=1-1

Even stranger/sadder is the UK set has 11 discs (8 movies, 3 extras), where as the US one only has 8 discs (movies). So for twice the price you get less. Gotta love it!

You lock in the price via GBP, but the exchange rate isn't controlled by amazon. They charge your payment method the specific amount, which at this time is 30 GBP and your CC/DC company does the conversation.

Interesting thing though is you can change amazon.co.uk to display items in US dollars during the checkout, which locks in the conversion rate/price. It does not work on pre-orders sadly, at least as far as I could determine.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#18 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:07 AM

Even stranger/sadder is the UK set has 11 discs (8 movies, 3 extras), where as the US one only has 8 discs (movies). So for twice the price you get less. Gotta love it!

You lock in the price via GBP, but the exchange rate isn't controlled by amazon. They charge your payment method the specific amount, which at this time is 30 GBP and your CC/DC company does the conversation.

Interesting thing though is you can change amazon.co.uk to display items in US dollars during the checkout, which locks in the conversion rate/price. It does not work on pre-orders sadly, at least as far as I could determine.

Pre-ordered. I just hope you're right about the 3 discs of bonus content. I couldn't find any evidence of this online except for websites that are quoting the "11 discs" on Amazon.uk. I just hope it's not an error.

I'm probably going to forget I ordered this and I'll be wondering why Amazon will be taking like $50 out of my account in december. :)

#19 DaBargainHunta

DaBargainHunta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

This was impossible to resist! Thank you, OP.

#20 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for the heads up, you opened my eyes to a world of cheaper uk region free releases on amazon!

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#21 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

Pre-ordered. I just hope you're right about the 3 discs of bonus content. I couldn't find any evidence of this online except for websites that are quoting the "11 discs" on Amazon.uk. I just hope it's not an error.

I'm probably going to forget I ordered this and I'll be wondering why Amazon will be taking like $50 out of my account in december. :)

The three bonus discs are one disc each for the last three movies in the series. Check the description of the extras on the product page for details on the specific extras included. If you're in this for bonus content you may be better off waiting for the Ultra Edition which has already been confirmed for a later release.

Posted Image

#22 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

Really torn, this is a pretty great deal but I kinda wanna pick up the Ultimate Editions....may have to get this as a stop gap waiting for them to drop
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#23 battra92

battra92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Really torn, this is a pretty great deal but I kinda wanna pick up the Ultimate Editions....may have to get this as a stop gap waiting for them to drop

Yeah I think my wife will want these when the inevitable complete box set with all the extras and everything are released. I can't stand the films myself.

Just be sure and get the Rifftrax versions of these as well. :D

#24 Cinderellaman108

Cinderellaman108

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Region Free? Does this mean it'll work on the PS3?? If so, I'm in for one.

#25 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:00 PM

Region Free? Does this mean it'll work on the PS3?? If so, I'm in for one.

yes it will

#26 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Not to start any sort of war over 3D but they are gearing up to release a set that contains at least the last FOUR movies in 3D.

The issue on this is "when". Being they're pulling all Harry Potter DVD's and Blu Rays on Dec 31st to be put in "the vault", I'm guessing this "Ultimate 3D Definitive Collector's Platinum Hogwart's Edition" won't be released till Fall of '12 to capitalize on the Holiday Season. Barebones box this season, Collectors box next season.

I guess it just comes down to how much you love these films and whether you want to double dip or not... Sorry about being longwinded but hope this helps.

#27 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

what is the surcharge for buying in usa, you know the conversion charge a credit card company will charge.

#28 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

Decided to place an order. Less than $6 a movie is a really great deal. Plus now with these being put in a "Potter Vault" I'd rather get them now then pay a lot more later.

#29 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

what is the surcharge for buying in usa, you know the conversion charge a credit card company will charge.

Here's a chart that shows some fees by CC issuers, it's a bit dated so things could have changed now. I used my Capital One card because they don't charge any fees

http://www.creditcar...n-fees-1276.php

#30 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:48 PM

ill wait, maybe Amazon here will price match it, maybe