Photo
- - - - -

Harry Potter 1-8 region free for $47 shipped (Amazon UK)

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#31 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

ill wait, maybe Amazon here will price match it, maybe

good luck with that, it won't happen

#32 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

Three more discs than the US set, and more special features (the US release doesn't have any) for half off the price? Sold.

I've never had any charges beyond the normal price + shipping when ordering from Amazon UK. Don't hold your breath for Amazon USA to pricematch, Amazon UK is notorious for having Blu sets very cheap.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery? is the shipping to US also free?

#34 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

The US has not been part of the UK for over 200 years, so no. It's £3.08 shipping for me.

#35 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Sweet, i went ahead and ordered it for £30.00 - $46.74 (currency rate might change)

Do i have to notify my bank that there would be an incoming foreign charges on my account by december? i used debit on it.

Edited by coopx, 21 September 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#36 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:19 PM

You don't have to notify your bank of anything, if they charge a fee they'll do it automatically

#37 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

You don't have to notify your bank of anything, if they charge a fee they'll do it automatically

cool, i checked your link and my bank will charge me 3%, not bad. thanks

#38 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

*Warning Stupid Question*

Is this the entire series? Or are there more coming or not in this set? I have never seen any of these movies but I have a four year old who might enjoy these in a few years.
Posted Image

#39 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

Is this the entire series? Or are there more coming or not in this set? I have never seen any of these movies but I have a four year old who might enjoy these in a few years.

This is the entire series.

Seven books, with the seventh book split into two movies, so a total of eight movies.

There's a "Ultimate Edition" version of each of the movies that had come out previously with some additional special features, though each one of those has been about $30+ each and once you get one, you need all of them, as there's a documentary that covers the entire series of movies with an entry per movie.

This option is the cheapest way to get all of the movies in one set. Guaranteed to be cheaper than the US version of this set, without question.

#40 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

This is it

#41 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

Any real difference between posted deal and this?

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#42 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:48 AM

Any real difference between posted deal and this?

Looks like the only difference is having DVDs for each movie in addition to the Blu-rays.

Posted Image

#43 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

Looks like the only difference is having DVDs for each movie in addition to the Blu-rays.

It also comes with a 48 page Photo album and is numbered to 1,000.

#44 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yea I saw the book, and I think the 1-1000 is random.

There are more pressings, but the first thousand are numbered.

I might just stick with the blus only, and hope something bad ass gets released in the US.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#45 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

The numbered version is odd. It's an Amazon UK exclusive but I don't really see any reason to have a numbered version when the same set is sold elsewhere without being numbered. It's like forcing the impression of it being "limited" to take advantage of HP fans

#46 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

The numbered version is odd. It's an Amazon UK exclusive but I don't really see any reason to have a numbered version when the same set is sold elsewhere without being numbered. It's like forcing the impression of it being "limited" to take advantage of HP fans

Now that you say that I see that.

So more people will order it to try, and get in that 1- 1000.

518793.png

#47 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

Maybe a dumb question, do I need to make a UK Amazon account if I already have a US Amazon account to buy these things? Or can I just click the link and sign onto my account and I'm good? Thanks.

#48 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:57 AM

Maybe a dumb question, do I need to make a UK Amazon account if I already have a US Amazon account to buy these things? Or can I just click the link and sign onto my account and I'm good? Thanks.

I used my normal account and it worked fine.

#49 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

The DVDs won't be region free, so they won't work in a US DVD player.

#50 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

You don't have to pay a currency conversion fee for Amazon. They automatically know your currency and charge you in that currency.

Posted Image

#51 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

You don't have to pay a currency conversion fee for Amazon. They automatically know your currency and charge you in that currency.

Not for me they haven't

518793.png

#52 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Usually they offer me an option of being billed in US currency when I place an order, but for some reason they didn't this time. Weird.

#53 vessey632

vessey632

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Usually they offer me an option of being billed in US currency when I place an order, but for some reason they didn't this time. Weird.

That only works for in-stock items, not pre-orders.

Posted Image

#54 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

That only works for in-stock items, not pre-orders.

Hm... I've had it happen on pre-orders before, but those might not have been quite as far in advance as this one.

So, dumb question... Do we know for certian that all of the special features on those extra discs are in HD (and not in 50Hz) or in NTSC? Because if they're 50Hz or PAL, region-free isn't going to help.

#55 jkg2k3

jkg2k3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Great Deal! Thanks OP!

#56 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

This price is insane. In for sure.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#57 ponn01

ponn01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hmmm...I jumped on this instead of the U.S. Amazon DotD. Signed in with normal US email and it signed me in just fine but when u checked out the price changed to 26.92 gbp. I just got the confirmation email and sure enough total with shipping is an even 30 gbp.

#58 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:56 PM

Hmmm...I jumped on this instead of the U.S. Amazon DotD. Signed in with normal US email and it signed me in just fine but when u checked out the price changed to 26.92 gbp. I just got the confirmation email and sure enough total with shipping is an even 30 gbp.

yap its should be 30gbp.

#59 Rehykja

Rehykja

Diggles Gonna Dig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

Thanks OP! I'm pretty indifferent on the HP movies, but my girlfriend loves them so this will make a stellar present. :)
Wubwubwubwub.

#60 gar3

gar3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

Fantastic. I still have my "suitcase" HD DVD collection but had to pull the trigger on getting all the Blus all at once at this price. Thanks, OP (and for the bump, heh).