Photo
- - - - -

Harry Potter 1-8 region free for $47 shipped (Amazon UK)

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#91 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

Not sure where people are getting that the extras are on DVD for this? Since this is basically a repackage of the discs from the individual releases, and the extras are on BD for those, it really wouldn't make sense for them to be on DVD here. I expect all 11 discs to be blu-ray.

On the store's page, it mentions DVD on top of the extras, so maybe those are on DVD. It doesn't make sense to me either, so I hope it's just a typo.

#92 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:32 PM

On the store's page, it mentions DVD on top of the extras, so maybe those are on DVD. It doesn't make sense to me either, so I hope it's just a typo.

If you look you'll notice many Blu-ray pages say "DVD Description"

See this Cars 2 page for example:

http://www.amazon.co...f=pd_sim_d_h__5

Captain America: http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=293962011

#93 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

If you look you'll notice many Blu-ray pages say "DVD Description"

See this Cars 2 page for example:

http://www.amazon.co...f=pd_sim_d_h__5

Captain America: http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=293962011

Yikes, what is up with all these movies having their extras on DVDs. ;)

Thanks for clearing things up.

#94 scum1

scum1

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

I think we will be fine. The description of the entire set reads

• Region: All Regions
  • Number of discs: 11
  • Classification: 12
  • Studio: Warner Home Video
  • DVD Release Date: 2 Dec 2011
I have seen Blu rays called Blu Ray DVds many times so I am expecting everything in the box to be Blu Ray.

My card just got charged so I guess I will see soon
I'm all over that like a donkey eatin a waffle

#95 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

i wonder if i can speak to a representative to request my item to be shipped by royal mail instead of DHL Global.

#96 The Questyen

The Questyen

Wii game total at 528!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

I got my shipping notice today. It said it was being shipped by royal mail.

Now Playing: Dead Space Extraction (Wii) / The Swapper (PS4)

Recently Finished:  Vessel (PS3) C- / Metroid Prime (replay) (Wii) A / The Walking Dead Season 2: Ep 4 (PS3) A-

#97 CombatCraig

CombatCraig

Now a Wii-60 Owner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

I got my shipping notice today. It said it was being shipped by royal mail.

Same here - I've got an expected delivery date of Dec 21st. Not too worried that's still before Christmas.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (1590 4359 1171 - Craig)
:wii: Mario Kart Wii (0044 3202 4873 - Craig)

#98 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

Same here - I've got an expected delivery date of Dec 21st. Not too worried that's still before Christmas.

same. my delivery is the same exact date.
Posted Image

#99 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, to my experience, most things from Amazon UK come well before the "expected delivery date" -- they allow a couple weeks of extra time just in case overseas shipment takes longer. Usually my Amazon UK orders come within a week or so of when they were shipped. That being said, there was the Alien Anthology debacle of last year, where it took several months for it to arrive. Hopefully that was a one-off issue and it won't happen again this year. That being said, meh, I'm not really in a hurry, it will take as long as it takes. As long as I get it eventually...

#100 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

mine shipped via DHL Global, :cry: looks like no Harry potter marathon this xmas. I cant believe they are still using that company after the Alien Anthology Disaster.

Edited by coopx, 30 November 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#101 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

mine shipped via DHL Global, :cry: looks like no Harry potter marathon this xmas. I cant believe they are still using that company after the Alien Anthology Disaster.

Ouch, looks like you are the only one so far that got DHL. Mine shipped via Royal Mail with a Dec. 20th delivery date.

#102 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Mine shipped DHL as well. Not in a huge rush to get it, but would prefer to get it sooner.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#103 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Mine is shipping via DHL Global as well. I have an estimated delivery date of December 15. Something tells me this will still arrive before my Sons of Anarchy from Best Buy though.

TheVila.png

#104 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

Mine's coming via Royal Mail with an eta of Dec. 21st. I'm not expecting it until next year, though.

Amazon sent me an update to an order I placed this morning, saying that an order I had placed, originally due between Dec. 12 and Dec. 15, will arrive around Dec. 5th. I received it today. So who knows! Maybe I'll actually get the HP set before Christmas.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#105 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

So Royal Mail is showing a later ETA and people are bitching about DHL already? Let's not get our panties in a bunch with assumptions just yet folks......

#106 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

Royal Mail for the...well, not sure if its a win or loss yet. I ordered something used from a UK seller sometime ago and still haven't received it via Royal Mail.
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#107 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

What's the difference between Royal Mail and DHL and what's with the Royal Mail you guys speaking of?

#108 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Also got Royal Mail.

#109 mrfossey

mrfossey

Family Love KWal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

What's the difference between Royal Mail and DHL and what's with the Royal Mail you guys speaking of?

Royal Mail is the UK's post office, while DHL is a global shipping service. You'll hear anecdotal information on which is better/worse when it comes to shipping from the UK to the US. With DHL you can at least track your packages. Someone else may have better info for you!
"If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating!"

Posted Image

#110 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Mine was 'dispatched' via DHL with an estimated arrival date of December 17th. Charming
"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#111 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

I don't know why everyone is expecting an earlier date. Hell, even stuff from Amazon.com that are shipped via FSSS often have an estimated date that's like 7-10 days after it's shipped. Expecting an ETA that's earlier than that when it's coming from the UK, especially during this heightened security holiday time is just ridiculous.

#112 icedrake523

icedrake523

Good News Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

Mine is Royal Mail with an ETA of Dec 21. Hopefully it gets here on time since it's a gift for my sister. But if not, her birthday is in January.

#113 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

"Dispatched" DHL with estimated delivery on December 19.

#114 cb4774

cb4774

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

Dispatched via DHL with estimated delivery on December 15.
Posted Image

#115 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

for those interested an unboxing

#116 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:28 AM

Nice, it doesn't look that big considering it's an 11 disc set. It definitely doesn't look like it's double the size of the US as someone said on a previous page. The two are pretty comparable in size.

Here's an unboxing for the LE set, looks really nice

#117 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:35 AM

Nice, it doesn't look that big considering it's an 11 disc set. It definitely doesn't look like it's double the size of the US as someone said on a previous page. The two are pretty comparable in size.

I was the one who thought it looked double the size, width wise, and it definitely is having seen the four boxes in the case and seeing the US version in best buy. The cases are nice though, I was expecting something like the UK Planet Earth box. This is a lot better.

#118 life.exe

life.exe

We're done here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

If the LE wasn't double the price I would have loved to pick that up.

#119 PenguinoMF

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

People over at bluray.com are reporting that they have already received their shipment. So everyone that is expecting it in a couple weeks might be in for a surprise.

#120 fewychewy

fewychewy

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:05 AM

People over at bluray.com are reporting that they have already received their shipment. So everyone that is expecting it in a couple weeks might be in for a surprise.

Just recieved mine in the mail. Its looks the same as in the video above. My expected delivery date was 12/20. SCHAWEET.