GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4485 replies to this topic

#4411 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

are the crysis 2 and killzone 3 used 20$ prices permanent? I don't think anyone else has them that low......

O.O

Im considering getting it but the naysayers are getting to me!

both are great games and you can resell easy if you don't like em.

#4412 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

Received :ps3: Homefront today. Game was in perfect condition, didn't even have the chips that I've seen on other games I've bought from Gamefly.

Hopefully there will be some more deals on games I want soon.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#4413 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:53 AM

Anyone have any issues with the HomeFront online code? PSN doesn't say it's used, but that the code is "incorrect or invalid." Googled the issue and apparently it's a huge issue. Tried to contact THQ about it and 4 days and 3 hours worth of hold time later no answer. I've even read issues where people have purchased the code through PSN and gave the same error I got.

Thanks.
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#4414 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

Just got my LA Noire and MVC 3 for 360 today. That was fast. Like the rest of the games I ordered, games were pristine. I am really impressed with Gamefly. I can't imagine buying used elsewhere anymore after this. =]

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#4415 BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

are the used prices for the games without free shipping permanent?

its not the games i am doubtful about, but the people complaining of bad cases and bad discs.

#4416 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:38 AM

Just received Crysis 2 :ps3: today, and like my other 2 :ps3: games purchased from Gamefly during these sales, Crysis 2 has a bunch of chips on it (7 total).

That's 4 out of 4 Gamefly discs with chips edges all over them. I'm very sorry to say, but I'm done with purchasing my used games from Gamefly. I'll go back to what had always worked before for me, and that's buying used PS3 games from GoHastings. Never had a problem with them.

I don't think that these chips are caused by USPS. Because if that was the case, then all 40 used games or so from Gohastings would have had them as well, and none of them do.

Edited by Investor, 16 October 2011 - 02:50 AM.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#4417 Newl

Newl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:50 AM

I don't think that these chips are caused by USPS. Because if that was the case, then all 40 used games or so from Gohastings would have had them as well, and none of them do.

wut?

I didn't know GoHastings rented games through the mail in paper envelopes also...
pswii60 pwner - aka Too Many Games, Too Little Time
Posted Image

#4418 ragepower

ragepower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

Ugh, I missed out on ALL of these...

#4419 kingsnuff

kingsnuff

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

wut?

I didn't know GoHastings rented games through the mail in paper envelopes also...

this :rofl:
121056.png
Preorders: :xb1: Destiny :xb1: Forza Horizon 2 :xb1: The Evil Within :xb1: Farcry 4 :xb1: The Division[/size]

Anyone know a sure-fire way to exploit this? Should I simply make more Kongregate accounts using different emails to get more codes or should I delete and re-download the app as well?

The moment I realized CAG was entirely different monster than it was in 2011

#4420 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

I see what you're saying now.

But what about Netflix? I rent all my used Blu-ray movies from them, and even the older ones don't have chips on them.

wut?

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#4421 ninjatuned

ninjatuned

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

Got my 360 Crysis 2 in today. LE version with the code intact and disc in great condition!

#4422 Blandlytasteful

Blandlytasteful

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:31 AM

I've purchased four (five actually, but recieved four at this point) games from them thus far. Done quite a bit of playing on those games without any problem, and received them in a reasonable amount of time. That being said, all four do have the outside chips everyone keeps talking about. This is just my point of view, but if it causes a problem with my ability to play, than I have a problem. As all have worked without problem... I am without concern.

#4423 fmwross2

fmwross2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:47 AM

I ordered stuff (free shipping) on Thursday, it shipped Friday from Long Beach, CA and is in Indianapolis tonight. I cussed when I saw CA instead of PA, but this will probably be the fastest package from Gamefly I've had.

#4424 CXK

CXK

KillerInstinctOnline.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

Shouldnt they stop calling them nightly deals? I've been checking every night but its really spotty lately lol.

kinav.gif
www.killerinstinctonline.net  -  The best Killer Instinct site!

#4425 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

I think Gamefly resurfaces discs as well. Either that, or I'm getting unused ones.

I don't know for a fact if they do or don't resurface their disk but I assume they don't. I have ordered many games from them and all of them have been at least a little scuffed, while lots have been extremely scratched. I've even had to return a game recently because it was so scratched it wouldn't read. I don't see why they would resurface some but let so many others go out in such bad shape.

#4426 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

You can see it in this photo. They're scattered around the edges of the whole disc, but don't appear to go deep enough to interfere with disc reading so far. It's like someone inexplicably bumped the edges with a sharp rock.
Posted Image

funny, i just got my AC Brotherhood for PS3 with these "chips"...didnt think this was common, but i should be okay...the disc is pristine aside from these marks

596772.png

#4427 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

funny, i just got my AC Brotherhood for PS3 with these "chips"...didnt think this was common, but i should be okay...the disc is pristine aside from these marks

Majority of the games I rent have those exact marks. The discs still work though.

#4428 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:35 AM

Got Crysis 2 in the mail today, it was the LE edition! (whoop whoop)! Also came with an unused code for the LE bonus stuff, so I was quite happy about that. Even more, I didn't see any chips on the disc and it had no scratches whatsoever either. Never had a problem with ANY damage from any games I bought from Gamefly...I guess I'm just lucky there?

Got two more games coming (Lego Pirates and LBP2), will see what the condition is of those when they come.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#4429 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

So far, my games have been alright.

NFS:HP was barely playable. I had to clean the disc pretty good to play it, but it seems to work fine. The disc is extremely scratched and has a lot of the chips.

Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem were a little better. They both have chips, but the discs are in decent shape. Minor scratches and Bulletstorm has a fingerprint, but they both look fine.

I'm definitely still impressed with Gamefly, even if the discs aren't perfect.

fs_overall.png

#4430 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Any deals tomorrow?

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#4431 twinton

twinton

Bingo Bango Bongo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I received (2) Marvel vs Capcom 3 for the 360, and they are in absolute horrible condition.

The 1st has some edge chips, but is covered in the white paste they use for disc resurfacing.

The 2nd has more edge chips than the 1st, and 6 hairline cracks in the center ring.

I can probably clean up the 1st disc, but the 2nd disc that has 6 hairline cracks in it is totally unacceptable....it will be going back to them for a refund.

I've received 13 games from Gamefly in the past month...all but 1 have had chips on the edges, but this is the 1st time that the center ring has had cracks in it.

#4432 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

I've had a couple like that from these sales, with the cracks. I agree it's a hassle to have to request a refund and then ship it back to them. Seems like lately the discs (at least for Xbox) are in far worse shape than previous orders over the years.

Still like Gamefly on the whole however, although I'm finding I'm doing the buying more off of Amazon Warehouse, but I can't complain on the rentals via GF. And still interested in seeing what other deals they have in store for us from now till the holidays.

#4433 twistedshabazz

twistedshabazz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:06 AM

i have purchased both PS3 and 360 games in the past months. the PS3 games have been in flawless condition. i know blu-ray discs can be a bit more durable. the 360 discs are what i really have been running into trouble with and it seems like many others are as well. tons of scratches, some deeper than others, chips in the disc, etc. considering they are all used you would figure that even the PS3 discs would be showing a little wear. the 360 discs have all been shot. i guess that is kinda what you are paying for when you spend $10 on a $30 or $40 dollar game but I know we all want them to be alot better. saves the trouble of having to send discs back, file complaints with gamefly, etc.

#4434 drmanhattan445

drmanhattan445

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:45 AM

I picked up my Crysis 2 copy today and it was sealed. :)

#4435 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:11 AM

Bulletstorm was in pretty good shape but Dead Space 2 had the chips along the edges that have become more common as of late.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#4436 chssnaredrum04

chssnaredrum04

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:11 AM

got assassin's creed brotherhood for the ps3 yesterday.

had those chips on the edge of the discs like everyone has said.

for a first time for buying a used game from them, it's kinda a "bleh" first impression. hopefully when there's another deal and i get that game it'll be better.
i wouldn't expect an absolutely perfect disc as i understand these are rentals but those chips on the edges are kinda questionable and a deal breaker for me. i wouldn't wanna put a physically damaged disc into my ps3.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4437 PohTayToez

PohTayToez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

Posted Image

These are the chips everyone is talking about? I thought I got lucky and mine didn't have them, but I probably just didn't notice since I was looking for something more significant. No offence intended, but I feel like having problem with this sort of minor wear and tear on a used game is pretty nitpicky.

I don't know for a fact if they do or don't resurface their disk but I assume they don't. I have ordered many games from them and all of them have been at least a little scuffed, while lots have been extremely scratched. I've even had to return a game recently because it was so scratched it wouldn't read. I don't see why they would resurface some but let so many others go out in such bad shape.

I can't imagine an operation as big as Gamefly not resurfacing their discs. My guess would be that they undergo a very basic inspection and only the worst ones get reseufaced.

are the used prices for the games without free shipping permanent?

No.

#4438 io

io

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

All you have to do is just run your finger on the outside edges of your PS3 Gamefly used games. You can't miss them. Just place your finger vertical to the edge of the discs, and feel around them. You will feel multiple dents. And upon closer inspections of those dents, you'll see all the chips.

How big of a file can I attach here? Can I PM them to you? I don't have any software that will resize my pictures, but my Canon can take pictures of around 4MB each. I can try to take some pictures of my 2 games that I had just received from Gamefly (Homefront with over 10 dents, and Bulletstorm with about 5 dents), and send them to you.

Edit: I tried posting pictures that I just took, which are a lot clearer and deeper than the one posted below me. But I don't have the option to post attachments right now. Why is that?

I couldn't add them as attachments, so I added them to my "Picture Album." Just click on my Profile, and the Album with 3 pictures of Homefront can be found on the left side.

OK, thanks for those pics - I just checked them out. I have never seen anything close to that on my games from Gamefly and I've gotten quite a few from them - but not too many recently. Is this a newer issue? I should have some coming in Monday via priority mail though (Lego Pirates and LBP 2). I'll definitely inspect those very closely. I did get 2 copies of Killzone 3 last week and neither of those had any chips.

Edit: OK, upon closer inspection of one of them, it might have one small chip. But come to think of it, I've gotten plenty of new PS3 games that are a little rough in spots on the edges. I never thought of them as chips, but they may be small ones. I think some of them just come that way.

#4439 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

#4440 Nitro_

Nitro_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

Thank's CheapyD! I was about to go to work and now I will not have to worry about the sale.